Subject: [TR] Back at it

From: Jim Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2025 23:16:10 -0400

--===============8483859537673680456==

--00000000000029426306426bca3f

Hi folks,
I was active here in the early 2000s as I worked on my 60 3a, but it ended
up on the back burner while I did things like raise kids, get divorced, get
married, get sidetracked by VW campers, build a house, move, retire, build
a garage, etc.
It's out of storage and back home now, and I'm planning to finish it this
winter so will likely be coming here with questions again.
Here's the first one: I have Miata seats to install, but it sure seems like
a mighty tight fit, width wise. Clearly I need to make some kind of
standoffs to raise them enough to make it work - can anyone provide
guidance on height and position?
(I replaced the original floors with some I made out of 20 gauge, so I
don't have any of the original mounting points.)
Thanks!

--00000000000029426306426bca3f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Hi folks,<div dir=3D"auto">I was active here in the early=
 2000s as I worked on my 60 3a, but it ended up on the back burner while I =
did things like raise kids, get divorced, get married, get sidetracked by V=
W campers, build a house, move, retire, build a garage, etc.</div><div dir=
=3D"auto">It&#39;s out of storage and back home now, and I&#39;m planning t=
o finish it this winter so will likely be coming here with questions again.=
</div><div dir=3D"auto">Here&#39;s the first one: I have Miata seats to ins=
tall, but it sure seems like a mighty tight fit, width wise. Clearly I need=
 to make some kind of standoffs to raise them enough to make it work - can =
anyone provide guidance on height and position?</div><div dir=3D"auto">(I r=
eplaced the original floors with some I made out of 20 gauge, so I don&#39;=
t have any of the original mounting points.)</div><div dir=3D"auto">Thanks!=
</div></div>

--00000000000029426306426bca3f--

--===============8483859537673680456==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8483859537673680456==--