Subject: [TR] TR3 bolt size?

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2025 06:10:54 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3135111824776796070==
 boundary="------------jPXsNnAjB58sXfQJr5mO3KGx"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------jPXsNnAjB58sXfQJr5mO3KGx
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

My TR3 is currently my only functional vehicle and I need to replace the 
rear gearbox mount. Since the nearest hardware store is about 10 miles 
away I would like the swap to go quickly & smooth (yah right). I have a 
new mount & nuts that attach to the back of the gearbox. I would like to 
replace the bolts that connects the mount to the plate on the frame and 
possibly the bolts that connect the frame plate to the frame.

Could someone please let me know what size bolts are need to fit the 
gearbox mount to the steel frame bracket? And the size bolt  that 
connects the steel frame bracket to the frame? Since the TR is my only 
transportation I would like to quickly get in get the replacement done & 
get back on the road (as if any project goes as planned).

By the way, the U-joint part numbers I asked about earlier received a 
few replies all of which were obsolete numbers. Thank you to the people 
who took the time to reply and I suggest that you update your part 
numbers lists.

My TR's 20+ year old U-joints were badly worn but I discovered a broken 
rear gearbox mount. Hopefully to be sorted out soon.

My area's rainy season is due in the next month or so. It is getting to 
be time to remove the factory style luggage rack, polish it and place it 
into dry storage then get out the side curtains.

My baby doll

--------------jPXsNnAjB58sXfQJr5mO3KGx
 boundary="------------S5V70suaZrJvCyecdMldPQlg"

--------------S5V70suaZrJvCyecdMldPQlg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p><font size="4" face="Adobe Garamond">My TR3 is currently my only
        functional vehicle and I need to replace the rear gearbox mount.
        Since the nearest hardware store is about 10 miles away I would
        like the swap to go quickly &amp; smooth (yah right). I have a
        new mount &amp; nuts that attach to the back of the gearbox. I
        would like to replace the bolts that connects the mount to the
        plate on the frame and possibly the bolts that connect the frame
        plate to the frame.</font></p>
    <p><font size="4" face="Adobe Garamond">Could someone please let me
        know what size bolts are need to fit the gearbox mount to the
        steel frame bracket? And the size bolt  that connects the steel
        frame bracket to the frame? Since the TR is my only
        transportation I would like to quickly get in get the
        replacement done &amp; get back on the road (as if any project
        goes as planned).</font></p>
    <p><font size="4" face="Adobe Garamond">By the way, the U-joint part
        numbers I asked about earlier received a few replies all of
        which were obsolete numbers. Thank you to the people who took
        the time to reply and I suggest that you update your part
        numbers lists.</font></p>
    <p><font size="4" face="Adobe Garamond">My TR's 20+ year old
        U-joints were badly worn but I discovered a broken rear gearbox
        mount. Hopefully to be sorted out soon.</font></p>
    <p><font size="4" face="Adobe Garamond">My area's rainy season is
        due in the next month or so. It is getting to be time to remove
        the factory style luggage rack, polish it and place it into dry
        storage then get out the side curtains.</font></p>
    <p><font size="4" face="Adobe Garamond">My baby doll</font></p>
    <img src="cid:[email-masked]"
      moz-do-not-send="false">
    <p><font size="4" face="Adobe Garamond"><br>
      </font></p>
  </body>
</html>
--------------S5V70suaZrJvCyecdMldPQlg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="TR2025.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------S5V70suaZrJvCyecdMldPQlg--

--------------jPXsNnAjB58sXfQJr5mO3KGx--

--===============3135111824776796070==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3135111824776796070==--