Subject: [TR] Drive your Triumph Day

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 16:53:42 -0000 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0007_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0"

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

How many on this list made a special journey yesterday on Sir John Black's
birthday - aka Drive your Triumph Day? It would have been 130 years since
his birth and 60 years since his death.

I confess that since I no longer own any Standard or Triumph car, I made m=
y
pilgrimage to his former home at Tachbrook Mallory, a village near to the
City of Coventry and very close to the town of Leamington Spa in my newly
acquired Kia Sportage hybrid which is a car that has greatly impressed me =
.
Attached is a picture of the south-west face of Sir John's former home but
admittedly taken in the summer a few years ago when the weather was so muc=
h
nicer than the cold, very wet and even more windy winter day in England, a=
s
yesterday proved to be.

The building is now and has been for a long time past, a *very* prestigiou=
s
'boutique' hotel and restaurant but you'll be able to go inside it if you
click on this link - Mallory Court Country House Hotel and Spa, Royal
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom - Lowest Rate Guaranteed!
<https://www.hotelsone.com/royal-leamington-spa-hotels-gb/mallory-court-co=
un
try-house-hotel-and-spa.html?utm_campaign=3Dgb-United-Kingdom-Hotels-eu-en=
-uk&
utm_medium=3Dcpc&utm_source=3Dbing&utm_content=3Dgb%20|%20royal-leamington=
-spa%20|
%20528438%20|%20mallory-court-country-house-hotel-and-spa&uid=3De9338a2e-7=
179-
4ef1-8c7b-078209deda8f&as=3Db&aid=3D77790657007190&dsti=3D528438&dstt=3D8&=
nid=3D1&sl=3D9
&msclkid=3D0ff76fd337ce11a6aba108784b4244cb&akw=3D77790879386964>  In the =
event
any lister should find themselves in the UK at a future date and decides t=
o
make a 'pilgrimage' and to sample the food and drink while there, may I ju=
st
advise you to ensure your credit card is of the asbestos type because this
is most definitely not a 'Mom and Pop' establishment when it comes to payi=
ng
for things. Many years ago (27 years to be precise) a close friend who was
doing a taxi driving job took a client there and while waiting to take sai=
d
client to another local destination, my friend chose to order one freshly
grated cheese sandwich and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice while =
he
waited for his client to shower and change. My friend then signed for thos=
e
two items upon leaving (which cost was to his client's account) and was
horrified to be charged the princely sum of US$37 plus a 15% service charg=
e
for just one sandwich and a small glass of his drink!!!!!!!!!!!! Patronise
this establishment by all means if you visit but prepare to eat spaghetti =
or
any form of cheap pasta for the rest of your UK stay.

Jonmac

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#467886;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#467886" vlink=3D"#96607D" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>How many on this list made a =
special journey yesterday on Sir John Black&#8217;s birthday &#8211; aka =
Drive your Triumph Day? It would have been 130 years since his birth and =
60 years since his death.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I confess =
that since I no longer own any Standard or Triumph car, I made my =
pilgrimage to his former home at Tachbrook Mallory, a village near to =
the City of Coventry and very close to the town of Leamington Spa in my =
newly acquired Kia Sportage hybrid which is a car that has greatly =
impressed me . Attached is a picture of the south-west face of Sir =
John&#8217;s former home but admittedly taken in the summer a few years =
ago when the weather was so much nicer than the cold, very wet and even =
more windy winter day in England, as yesterday proved to =
be.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The building is now and has been for a long time past, =
a *<b>very</b>* prestigious &#8216;boutique&#8217; hotel and restaurant =
but you&#8217;ll be able to go inside it if you click on this link - <a =
href=3D"https://www.hotelsone.com/royal-leamington-spa-hotels-gb/mallory-=
court-country-house-hotel-and-spa.html?utm_campaign=3Dgb-United-Kingdom-H=
otels-eu-en-uk&amp;utm_medium=3Dcpc&amp;utm_source=3Dbing&amp;utm_content=
=3Dgb%20|%20royal-leamington-spa%20|%20528438%20|%20mallory-court-country=
-house-hotel-and-spa&amp;uid=3De9338a2e-7179-4ef1-8c7b-078209deda8f&amp;a=
s=3Db&amp;aid=3D77790657007190&amp;dsti=3D528438&amp;dstt=3D8&amp;nid=3D1=
&amp;sl=3D9&amp;msclkid=3D0ff76fd337ce11a6aba108784b4244cb&amp;akw=3D7779=
0879386964">Mallory Court Country House Hotel and Spa, Royal Leamington =
Spa, United Kingdom - Lowest Rate Guaranteed!</a> In the event any =
lister should find themselves in the UK at a future date and decides to =
make a &#8216;pilgrimage&#8217; and to sample the food and drink while =
there, may I just advise you to ensure your credit card is of the =
asbestos type because this is most definitely <b><u>not</u></b> a =
&#8216;Mom and Pop&#8217; establishment when it comes to paying for =
things. Many years ago (27 years to be precise) a close friend who was =
doing a taxi driving job took a client there and while waiting to take =
said client to another local destination, my friend chose to order one =
freshly grated cheese sandwich and a glass of freshly squeezed orange =
juice while he waited for his client to shower and change. My friend =
then signed for those two items upon leaving (which cost was to his =
client&#8217;s account) and was horrified to be charged the princely sum =
of US$37 plus a 15% service charge for just one sandwich and a small =
glass of his drink!!!!!!!!!!!! Patronise this establishment by all means =
if you visit but prepare to eat spaghetti or any form of cheap pasta for =
the rest of your UK stay.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jonmac<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0007_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0--

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0
	name="Mallory Court - south-west face.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Mallory Court - south-west face.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01DB7CA5.8230DCD0--