Subject: [TR] Hendrix Wire Wheel

From: John Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2024 19:55:31 +0000

--_004_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_
	boundary="_000_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_"

--_000_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I've been enjoying super smooth drives in my TR3 since I had Hendrix Wire W=
heel balance my brake drums. Last year I had Allen install new tires and ba=
lance my wire wheels. I saw he also did brake drum balancing so I also took=
 in my brake drums this time. He added a 1 ounce weight to one of the drums=
. The other one was fine. (He said Austin Healey drums usually need balanci=
ng; Triumphs are usually ok, but mine wasn't). I've been driving for a year=
 with absolutely no vibration at any speed. He had everything near perfect =
when he set up the new wheels 10 years ago. Now, they're perfect.

Allen also told me that he balances steel disc wheels using the 4 bolt hole=
s to secure the wheel instead of a cone in the center hole. He said that's =
how Triumph dealers balanced them and it's necessary to get a good balance =
because the center hole in Triumph wheels was not intended to be a precise =
center locator.
My tires are Vredestein Sprint Classic 185/70R15 on 5.5" 72 spoke wheels. I=
 decided to get these wider wheels and tires after the skinny rear tires sl=
ipped on some high speed curves.

Ignore any posts that show Hendrix Wire Wheel is permanently closed. Allen =
had Yelp and some others show he's permanently closed because they kept sen=
ding him customers looking for all kinds of modern car service. He's still =
there and doing great work. Well worth a long trip to Greensboro NC to see =
him or the cost of shipping wheels.

--_000_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:sc=
hemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/of=
fice/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;
	panose-1:2 11 0 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style>
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#467886" vlink=3D"#96607D" style=3D"word-wrap:=
break-word">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">I've been enjoying super smooth drives in my TR3 sin=
ce I had Hendrix Wire Wheel balance my brake drums. Last year I had Allen i=
nstall new tires and balance my wire wheels. I saw he also did brake drum b=
alancing so I also took in my brake
 drums this time. He added a 1 ounce weight to one of the drums. The other =
one was fine. (He said Austin Healey drums usually need balancing; Triumphs=
 are usually ok, but mine wasn't). I've been driving for a year with absolu=
tely no vibration at any speed.
 He had everything near perfect when he set up the new wheels 10 years ago.=
 Now, they're perfect.
<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Allen also told me that he balances steel disc wheel=
s using the 4 bolt holes to secure the wheel instead of a cone in the cente=
r hole. He said that's how Triumph dealers balanced them and it's necessary=
 to get a good balance because the
 center hole in Triumph wheels was not intended to be a precise center loca=
tor.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">My tires are Vredestein Sprint Classic 185/70R15 on =
5.5&quot; 72 spoke wheels. I decided to get these wider wheels and tires af=
ter the skinny rear tires slipped on some high speed curves.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Ignore any posts that show Hendrix Wire Wheel is per=
manently closed. Allen had Yelp and some others show he's permanently close=
d because they kept sending him customers looking for all kinds of modern c=
ar service. He's still there and doing
 great work. Well worth a long trip to Greensboro NC to see him or the cost=
 of shipping wheels.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_--

--_004_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_
	name="D8D90822-018B-45FE-BF80-91719AB407E3-593-0000000C717799F0.jpg"
Content-Description:  D8D90822-018B-45FE-BF80-91719AB407E3-593-0000000C717799F0.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="D8D90822-018B-45FE-BF80-91719AB407E3-593-0000000C717799F0.jpg";
	size=1063931; creation-date="Mon, 04 Nov 2024 19:55:03 GMT";
	modification-date="Mon, 04 Nov 2024 19:55:03 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_004_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--_004_CH0P223MB0249A692E506F423C356EFA5ED512CH0P223MB0249NAMP_--