Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 17, Issue 118

From: Carl Sereda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2024 20:59:05 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4130216313997929206==
	boundary="----=_Part_6742743_752256993.1730667545721"

------=_Part_6742743_752256993.1730667545721
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Thanks for the info Dave,Wasn't fully aware of Facebook's invasiveness alt=
hough my neighbor who works at Facebook alludes to exactly that. I do use C=
hrome 'incognito' pretty much on my 2017 iPhone and my 2009 iMac.
Ps; I've had much better luck selling things, and renting apartments out, o=
n 'Facebook Marketplace' lately, than on Craigslist and Zillow.Regards,Carl=
 '63 TR4 since '74
=20

 From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] List activity

A big caution.=C2=A0 Facebook is extremely aggressive about polluting your =
computer and collecting data.=C2=A0 You will notice, if you are a facebook =
user, that you get many ads, etc., in facebook that have been culled from y=
our searches, etc.=C2=A0 Facebook is collecting ALL your data from your web=
 browsers and elsewhere on your computer and phone.=C2=A0 If you use Facebo=
ok, and I do this, go to chrome, then go to incognito mode, then log into f=
acebook.=C2=A0 This keeps it from collecting information from that, and you=
r other browsers.=C2=A0 It?s a hassle I admit, but well worth it.=C2=A0 Fac=
ebook is EXTREMELY invasive.

It is also very biased and will censor your posts if you are of the opposin=
g political viewpoint.=C2=A0 And that?s a fact.

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Carl Sereda
Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2024 3:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] List activity

Hi Listers,
I also enjoy seeing a little pickup in action over here!
But if you don't know about 'Facebook Groups' I am recognizing some folks f=
rom here that have spoken up over there. Once you join one of many groups (=
seems every marque available) but for me, signed up fpr vintage Triumphs an=
d Volvos,=C2=A0 specifically; Triumph TR4s and Volvo 122Ss, etc., so I get =
regular updates (few times a week).
Seems the platform Facebook is attracting 'new to our car marque' people be=
cause Facebook is already well known to the younger generation but is indee=
d getting some of us more seasoned folks to participate (just following the=
 fondness of my car, listers!). Also, it's simple to post pictures there so=
 folks are sharing both beauty shots as well as photos of their problem bit=
s.. nice to see.
In summary, it's pretty active over there because of migration.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

------=_Part_6742743_752256993.1730667545721
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="ydp70ee5aa8yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:18px;"><div id="ydp70ee5aa8yiv5270141360"><div><div style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:18px;" class="ydp70ee5aa8yiv5270141360ydpb6ea51d7yahoo-style-wrap"><div></div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Thanks for the info Dave,</div><div>Wasn't
 fully aware of Facebook's invasiveness although my neighbor who works 
at Facebook alludes to exactly that. I do use Chrome 'incognito' pretty much 
on my 2017 iPhone and my 2009 iMac.<br></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Ps; I've had much better luck selling things, and renting apartments out, on 'Facebook Marketplace' lately, than on Craigslist and Zillow.</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Regards,</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Carl '63 TR4 since '74<br> </div></div><div><br></div></div><div><br></div>
        
        </div><div id="ydp70ee5aa8yiv5270141360ydp8f1c21a4yahoo_quoted_0741056891" class="ydp70ee5aa8yiv5270141360ydp8f1c21a4yahoo_quoted"><div style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:18px;" dir="ltr" class="ydp70ee5aa8yiv5270141360ydp8f1c21a4yahoo-style-wrap"><div><div dir="ltr">From: dave northrup &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br></div><div dir="ltr">To: "[email-masked]" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br></div><div dir="ltr">Subject: Re: [TR] List activity<br></div><div dir="ltr">Message-ID: &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br></div><div dir="ltr">Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"<br></div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">A
 big caution.&nbsp; Facebook is extremely aggressive about polluting your 
computer and collecting data.&nbsp; You will notice, if you are a facebook 
user, that you get many ads, etc., in facebook that have been culled 
from your searches, etc.&nbsp; Facebook is collecting ALL your data from your
 web browsers and elsewhere on your computer and phone.&nbsp; If you use 
Facebook, and I do this, go to chrome, then go to incognito mode, then 
log into facebook.&nbsp; This keeps it from collecting information from that,
 and your other browsers.&nbsp; It?s a hassle I admit, but well worth it.&nbsp; 
Facebook is EXTREMELY invasive.<br></div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">It is also very biased and will censor your posts if you are of the opposing political viewpoint.&nbsp; And that?s a fact.<br></div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">From: Triumphs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; On Behalf Of Carl Sereda<br></div><div dir="ltr">Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2024 3:49 PM<br></div><div dir="ltr">To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a><br></div><div dir="ltr">Subject: Re: [TR] List activity<br></div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">Hi Listers,<br></div><div dir="ltr">I also enjoy seeing a little pickup in action over here!<br></div><div dir="ltr">But
 if you don't know about 'Facebook Groups' I am recognizing some folks 
from here that have spoken up over there. Once you join one of many 
groups (seems every marque available) but for me, signed up fpr vintage 
Triumphs and Volvos,&nbsp; specifically; Triumph TR4s and Volvo 122Ss, etc., 
so I get regular updates (few times a week).<br></div><div dir="ltr">Seems
 the platform Facebook is attracting 'new to our car marque' people 
because Facebook is already well known to the younger generation but is 
indeed getting some of us more seasoned folks to participate (just 
following the fondness of my car, listers!). Also, it's simple to post 
pictures there so folks are sharing both beauty shots as well as photos 
of their problem bits.. nice to see.<br></div><div dir="ltr">In summary, it's pretty active over there because of migration.<br></div><div dir="ltr">Regards,<br></div><div dir="ltr">Carl<br></div>'63 TR4 since '74</div><div><br></div></div></div></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_6742743_752256993.1730667545721--

--===============4130216313997929206==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4130216313997929206==--