Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] Wire Wheels

From: "Notakitcar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 10:12:27 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6266206015087028497==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0009_01DA841D.1A239AF0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01DA841D.1A239AF0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Have 60-spoke MWS from Moss on my car, no problems, probably 10 years =
now. =20

=20

Never heard a discouraging word about Hendrix, used him a while back for =
another car, tires and wheels, all performed well.  I would definitely =
use again should the need arise.

=20

Bill B

TS30800L

=20

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
auprichard uprichard.net
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2024 11:49 AM
To: Robert Rochlin <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; =
Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] Wire Wheels

=20

+1 on Alan Hendrix.

=20

No experience with the wheels sold by Moss =E2=80=93 sorry.  And I =
recently had a very bad experience ordering wheels from Rimmers in the =
UK.

=20

Bear in mind that wire wheels are heavier than the alternatives =
=E2=80=93 racers rarely, if ever, use them.  But don=E2=80=99t they look =
great ?

=20

Andrew Uprichard

=20

=20

From: 6pack <[email-masked] =
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2024 11:47 AM
Subject: [6pack] Wire Wheels

=20

I=E2=80=99d  like other peoples experience with wire wheels.   =
I=E2=80=99ve been running wire wheels on my TR6 for about 25 years.  I =
love the look of wires, but they have been no end of difficulty.=20

         Balancing- Most tire shops say they can balance wire wheels, =
but they can=E2=80=99t.  Over time it=E2=80=99s been hit and miss as to =
whether I can get the wheels properly balanced.  Last year I got =
balancing cones form Moss that largely eliminated that issue. The resin =
cones I got were not in the Moss catalog and were much cheaper than the =
steel set listed in the Moss catalog.

         Quality of the wheels themselves- I don=E2=80=99t do much =
spirited driving, but I=E2=80=99ve had difficulty with the hubs of the =
Dayton wheels I have wearing out to the point that there is an audible =
clunk when starting from the play in the wheel hubs. This issue is much =
more pronounced on the rear drive wheels. I=E2=80=99ve also had issues =
with the durability of the wheels finish. This is on a car that is fair =
weather driver. As I=E2=80=99ve said, these wheels are about 25 years =
old and have about 40,000 miles on them.

         At this point I need to replace at least 2 of the wheels.  When =
I called Dayton they told me that, while chrome wires were in stock, =
they only special order painted wire wheels and the process takes about =
4-6 weeks. They also said that the charge for chrome wires and painted =
wires are the same.  Moss sells MWS wire wheels, which I=E2=80=99m =
guessing is a new name for the Dunlap wires they previously sold.

         My questions are, are others having the same issue with their =
wire wheels, and are folks using the MWS wheels from Moss having =
better(good) luck with their wires?

Best,

Bob

=E2=80=9972 TR6

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01DA841D.1A239AF0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Have 60-spoke MWS from Moss on my car, no =
problems, probably 10 years now.=C2=A0 <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Never heard a =
discouraging word about Hendrix, used him a while back for another car, =
tires and wheels, all performed well.=C2=A0 I would definitely use again =
should the need arise.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Bill =
B<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>TS30800L<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>auprichard =
uprichard.net<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, March 29, 2024 11:49 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> Robert Rochlin &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; =
[email-masked]; Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] [6pack] Wire =
Wheels<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'>+1 on Alan =
Hendrix.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'>No experience with the wheels sold by Moss =
=E2=80=93 sorry.&nbsp; And I recently had a very bad experience ordering =
wheels from Rimmers in the UK.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'>Bear in mind that wire wheels are heavier =
than the alternatives =E2=80=93 racers rarely, if ever, use them.&nbsp; =
But don=E2=80=99t they look great ?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'>Andrew Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> 6pack &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a>&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Robert Rochlin<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, =
March 29, 2024 11:47 AM<br><b>To:</b> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; Triumphs =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<b=
r><b>Subject:</b> [6pack] Wire Wheels<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>I=E2=80=99d&nbsp;&nbsp;like =
other peoples experience with wire wheels.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I=E2=80=99ve =
been running wire wheels on my TR6 for about 25 years.&nbsp;&nbsp;I love =
the look of wires, but they have been no end of =
difficulty.&nbsp;</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Balancing- Most tire shops say they can =
balance wire wheels, but they can=E2=80=99t.&nbsp;&nbsp;Over time =
it=E2=80=99s been hit and miss as to whether I can get the wheels =
properly balanced.&nbsp;&nbsp;Last year I got balancing cones form Moss =
that largely eliminated that issue. The resin cones I got were not in =
the Moss catalog and were much cheaper than the steel set listed in the =
Moss catalog.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Quality of the wheels themselves- I =
don=E2=80=99t do much spirited driving, but I=E2=80=99ve had difficulty =
with the hubs of the Dayton wheels I have wearing out to the point that =
there is an audible clunk when starting from the play in the wheel hubs. =
This issue is much more pronounced on the rear drive wheels. =
I=E2=80=99ve also had issues with the durability of the wheels finish. =
This is on a car that is fair weather driver. As I=E2=80=99ve said, =
these wheels are about 25 years old and have about 40,000 miles on =
them.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;At this point I need to replace at least 2 of =
the wheels.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I called Dayton they told me that, while =
chrome wires were in stock, they only special order painted wire wheels =
and the process takes about 4-6 weeks. They also said that the charge =
for chrome wires and painted wires are the same.&nbsp;&nbsp;Moss sells =
MWS wire wheels, which I=E2=80=99m guessing is a new name for the Dunlap =
wires they previously sold.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;My questions are, are others having the same =
issue with their wire wheels, and are folks using the MWS wheels from =
Moss having better(good) luck with their wires?</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>Best,</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>Bob</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos'>=E2=80=9972 TR6</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div>=
</body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01DA841D.1A239AF0--

--===============6266206015087028497==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6266206015087028497==--

---

From: David P <[email-masked]> (ame7.swcp.com [216.184.2.128]); Mon, 01 Apr 2024 10:22:19 -0600 (MDT) SPF_PASS version=4.0.0
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 10:22:17 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2316703010249545502==
 boundary="------------QHy0As2D010vehi4GhnMuqRR"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------QHy0As2D010vehi4GhnMuqRR
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

FWIW. I have a set of usable chrome wires for a TR6. One needs a little 
lateral truing. One must collect them here.. Royal PITA to ship. Alan 
could true it. Though I thought Alan had passed??

DaveP

On 4/1/2024 9:12 AM, Notakitcar wrote:
>
> Have 60-spoke MWS from Moss on my car, no problems, probably 10 years 
> now.
>
> Never heard a discouraging word about Hendrix, used him a while back 
> for another car, tires and wheels, all performed well.  I would 
> definitely use again should the need arise.
>
> Bill B
>
> TS30800L
>
> *From:* Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf 
> Of *auprichard uprichard.net
> *Sent:* Friday, March 29, 2024 11:49 AM
> *To:* Robert Rochlin <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; 
> *Subject:* Re: [TR] [6pack] Wire Wheels
>
> +1 on Alan Hendrix.
>
> No experience with the wheels sold by Moss – sorry.  And I recently 
> had a very bad experience ordering wheels from Rimmers in the UK.
>
> Bear in mind that wire wheels are heavier than the alternatives – 
> racers rarely, if ever, use them.  But don’t they look great ?
>
> Andrew Uprichard
>
> *From:* 6pack <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Robert Rochlin
> *Sent:* Friday, March 29, 2024 11:47 AM
> *To:* [email-masked]; Triumphs <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* [6pack] Wire Wheels
>
> I’d  like other peoples experience with wire wheels.   I’ve been 
> running wire wheels on my TR6 for about 25 years.  I love the look of 
> wires, but they have been no end of difficulty.
>
>          Balancing- Most tire shops say they can balance wire wheels, 
> but they can’t.  Over time it’s been hit and miss as to whether I can 
> get the wheels properly balanced.  Last year I got balancing cones 
> form Moss that largely eliminated that issue. The resin cones I got 
> were not in the Moss catalog and were much cheaper than the steel set 
> listed in the Moss catalog.
>
>          Quality of the wheels themselves- I don’t do much spirited 
> driving, but I’ve had difficulty with the hubs of the Dayton wheels I 
> have wearing out to the point that there is an audible clunk when 
> starting from the play in the wheel hubs. This issue is much more 
> pronounced on the rear drive wheels. I’ve also had issues with the 
> durability of the wheels finish. This is on a car that is fair weather 
> driver. As I’ve said, these wheels are about 25 years old and have 
> about 40,000 miles on them.
>
>          At this point I need to replace at least 2 of the 
> wheels.  When I called Dayton they told me that, while chrome wires 
> were in stock, they only special order painted wire wheels and the 
> process takes about 4-6 weeks. They also said that the charge for 
> chrome wires and painted wires are the same.  Moss sells MWS wire 
> wheels, which I’m guessing is a new name for the Dunlap wires they 
> previously sold.
>
>          My questions are, are others having the same issue with their 
> wire wheels, and are folks using the MWS wheels from Moss having 
> ’72 TR6
> [email-masked]  **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 87107 ph 505-352-1378  My World go here:WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

--------------QHy0As2D010vehi4GhnMuqRR
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>FWIW. I have a set of usable chrome wires for a TR6. One needs a
      little lateral truing. One must collect them here.. Royal PITA to
      ship. Alan could true it. Though I thought Alan had passed??</p>
    <p>DaveP<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/1/2024 9:12 AM, Notakitcar wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Have 60-spoke
            MWS from Moss on my car, no problems, probably 10 years
            now.  <o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Never heard a
            discouraging word about Hendrix, used him a while back for
            another car, tires and wheels, all performed well.  I would
            definitely use again should the need arise.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">TS30800L<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs
              [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of
              </b>auprichard uprichard.net<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Friday, March 29, 2024 11:49 AM<br>
              <b>To:</b> Robert Rochlin <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
              <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; Triumphs
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] [6pack] Wire Wheels<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">+1
            on Alan Hendrix.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">No
            experience with the wheels sold by Moss – sorry.  And I
            recently had a very bad experience ordering wheels from
            Rimmers in the UK.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">Bear
            in mind that wire wheels are heavier than the alternatives –
            racers rarely, if ever, use them.  But don’t they look great
            ?<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">Andrew
            Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> 6pack &lt;<a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              <b>On Behalf Of </b>Robert Rochlin<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Friday, March 29, 2024 11:47 AM<br>
              <b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>;
              Triumphs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
              <b>Subject:</b> [6pack] Wire Wheels<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">I’d  like other
            peoples experience with wire wheels.   I’ve been running
            wire wheels on my TR6 for about 25 years.  I love the look
            of wires, but they have been no end of difficulty. </span><span
            style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         Balancing-
            Most tire shops say they can balance wire wheels, but they
            can’t.  Over time it’s been hit and miss as to whether I can
            get the wheels properly balanced.  Last year I got balancing
            cones form Moss that largely eliminated that issue. The
            resin cones I got were not in the Moss catalog and were much
            cheaper than the steel set listed in the Moss catalog.</span><span
            style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         Quality
            of the wheels themselves- I don’t do much spirited driving,
            but I’ve had difficulty with the hubs of the Dayton wheels I
            have wearing out to the point that there is an audible clunk
            when starting from the play in the wheel hubs. This issue is
            much more pronounced on the rear drive wheels. I’ve also had
            issues with the durability of the wheels finish. This is on
            a car that is fair weather driver. As I’ve said, these
            wheels are about 25 years old and have about 40,000 miles on
            them.</span><span style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         At this
            point I need to replace at least 2 of the wheels.  When I
            called Dayton they told me that, while chrome wires were in
            stock, they only special order painted wire wheels and the
            process takes about 4-6 weeks. They also said that the
            charge for chrome wires and painted wires are the
            same.  Moss sells MWS wire wheels, which I’m guessing is a
            new name for the Dunlap wires they previously sold.</span><span
            style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         My
            questions are, are others having the same issue with their
            wire wheels, and are folks using the MWS wheels from Moss
            having better(good) luck with their wires?</span><span
            style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">Best,</span><span
            style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">Bob</span><span
            style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"
          style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
            style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">’72 TR6</span><span
            style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 87107 ph 505-352-1378  My World go here: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------QHy0As2D010vehi4GhnMuqRR--

--===============2316703010249545502==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2316703010249545502==--

---

From: David P <[email-masked]> (ame7.swcp.com [216.184.2.128]); Mon, 01 Apr 2024 11:09:26 -0600 (MDT) SPF_PASS version=4.0.0
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 11:09:25 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8502172290269440562==
 boundary="------------juXihFpxvkggow44O3pf3Cvv"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------juXihFpxvkggow44O3pf3Cvv
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Forgot to mention, they are free...no cost.. out of my shed..

On 4/1/2024 10:22 AM, David P wrote:
>
> FWIW. I have a set of usable chrome wires for a TR6. One needs a 
> ship. Alan could true it. Though I thought Alan had passed??
>
> DaveP
>
>> durability of the wheels finish. This is on a car that is fair 
>> weather driver. As I’ve said, these wheels are about 25 years old and 
>> have about 40,000 miles on them.
>>
>>          My questions are, are others having the same issue with 
>> their wire wheels, and are folks using the MWS wheels from Moss 
>> having better(good) luck with their wires?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> ’72 TR6
>>
>>

--------------juXihFpxvkggow44O3pf3Cvv
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Forgot to mention, they are free...no cost.. out of my shed..<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/1/2024 10:22 AM, David P wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p>FWIW. I have a set of usable chrome wires for a TR6. One needs
        a little lateral truing. One must collect them here.. Royal PITA
        to ship. Alan could true it. Though I thought Alan had passed??</p>
      <p>DaveP<br>
      </p>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/1/2024 9:12 AM, Notakitcar
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
          content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        <meta name="Generator"
          content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
        <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
        <div class="WordSection1">
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Have 60-spoke
              MWS from Moss on my car, no problems, probably 10 years
              now.  <o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Never heard a
              discouraging word about Hendrix, used him a while back for
              another car, tires and wheels, all performed well.  I
              would definitely use again should the need arise.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">TS30800L<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <div>
            <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
              <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs [<a
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]
                <b>On Behalf Of </b>auprichard uprichard.net<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Friday, March 29, 2024 11:49 AM<br>
                <b>To:</b> Robert Rochlin <a
                  class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
                <a
                  class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>;
                Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] [6pack] Wire Wheels<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">+1
              on Alan Hendrix.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">No
              experience with the wheels sold by Moss – sorry.  And I
              recently had a very bad experience ordering wheels from
              Rimmers in the UK.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">Bear
              in mind that wire wheels are heavier than the alternatives
              – racers rarely, if ever, use them.  But don’t they look
              great ?<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">Andrew
              Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <div>
            <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
              <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> 6pack &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                <b>On Behalf Of </b>Robert Rochlin<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Friday, March 29, 2024 11:47 AM<br>
                <b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>;
                Triumphs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                <b>Subject:</b> [6pack] Wire Wheels<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">I’d  like other
              peoples experience with wire wheels.   I’ve been running
              wire wheels on my TR6 for about 25 years.  I love the look
              of wires, but they have been no end of difficulty. </span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         Balancing-
              Most tire shops say they can balance wire wheels, but they
              can’t.  Over time it’s been hit and miss as to whether I
              can get the wheels properly balanced.  Last year I got
              balancing cones form Moss that largely eliminated that
              issue. The resin cones I got were not in the Moss catalog
              and were much cheaper than the steel set listed in the
              Moss catalog.</span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         Quality
              of the wheels themselves- I don’t do much spirited
              driving, but I’ve had difficulty with the hubs of the
              Dayton wheels I have wearing out to the point that there
              is an audible clunk when starting from the play in the
              wheel hubs. This issue is much more pronounced on the rear
              drive wheels. I’ve also had issues with the durability of
              the wheels finish. This is on a car that is fair weather
              driver. As I’ve said, these wheels are about 25 years old
              and have about 40,000 miles on them.</span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         At
              this point I need to replace at least 2 of the
              wheels.  When I called Dayton they told me that, while
              chrome wires were in stock, they only special order
              painted wire wheels and the process takes about 4-6 weeks.
              They also said that the charge for chrome wires and
              painted wires are the same.  Moss sells MWS wire wheels,
              which I’m guessing is a new name for the Dunlap wires they
              previously sold.</span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">         My
              questions are, are others having the same issue with their
              wire wheels, and are folks using the MWS wheels from Moss
              having better(good) luck with their wires?</span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">Best,</span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">Bob</span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"
            style="margin-bottom:8.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:13.8pt"><span
              style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Aptos">’72 TR6</span><span
              style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:Aptos"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a
        class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a
        class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 87107 ph 505-352-1378  My World go here: <a
      class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
      href="http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/" moz-do-not-send="true">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
    </blockquote>

--------------juXihFpxvkggow44O3pf3Cvv--

--===============8502172290269440562==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8502172290269440562==--