Subject: Re: [TR] TR3a front air dam

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 07:46:08 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6751975908963237076==
 boundary="------------ZnBNcGRdcpwvR5nHRdq2rJgq"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------ZnBNcGRdcpwvR5nHRdq2rJgq
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 2/28/24 6:26 AM, dave northrup wrote:
>
> We are building a TR3a using the car in this video as inspiration
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUKlP1iHkE
>
> No front bumper, fog lights (instead of driving lights), Brookland 
> racing screens, 6” wheels, etc. I’m going with a spare that will fit 
> in the spare tire compartment.  And we are doing an aluminum center 
> gage cluster and an aluminum shift knob.  I have a friend with 
> machining tools!
>
> My adult son wants to put a front air dam like on our TR6.  I think we 
> can cut it in the middle and make it fit.  I have a body shop guy who 
> can “weld” plastic.
>
> Has anyone done this?  I’m not sure I like the idea; comments welcome!
>
While those modifications from stock in the video TR2 are not my cup of 
tea, your car, do what looks best to you.

As far as an air dam, might I suggest either a bottom centre scoop 
addition or an opening in the lower part of the valence instead. Or 
maybe an air dam with a centre air scoop built in. A lot of the radiator 
is below the grille opening and it would be helpful to direct air into 
the lower radiator rods & fins to help with cooling. You don't want to 
block off air going to the lower part of the radiator. You should be 
able to find some pictures of racing TR3s with a horizontal opening cut 
into the lower valence for ideas.

TeriAnn

--------------ZnBNcGRdcpwvR5nHRdq2rJgq
 boundary="------------V6uCTEKLfq72QwanobEbe2nH"

--------------V6uCTEKLfq72QwanobEbe2nH
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/28/24 6:26 AM, dave northrup
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">We are building a TR3a using the car in
          this video as inspiration<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><a
            href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUKlP1iHkE"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUKlP1iHkE</a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">No front bumper, fog lights (instead of
          driving lights), Brookland racing screens, 6” wheels, etc. 
          I’m going with a spare that will fit in the spare tire
          compartment.  And we are doing an aluminum center gage cluster
          and an aluminum shift knob.  I have a friend with machining
          tools!<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">My adult son wants to put a front air dam
          like on our TR6.  I think we can cut it in the middle and make
          it fit.  I have a body shop guy who can “weld” plastic.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Has anyone done this?  I’m not sure I like
          the idea; comments welcome!</p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>While those modifications from stock in the video TR2 are not my
      cup of tea, your car, do what looks best to you. </p>
    <p>As far as an air dam, might I suggest either a bottom centre
      scoop addition or an opening in the lower part of the valence
      instead. Or maybe an air dam with a centre air scoop built in. A
      lot of the radiator is below the grille opening and it would be
      helpful to direct air into the lower radiator rods &amp; fins to
      help with cooling. You don't want to block off air going to the
      lower part of the radiator. You should be able to find some
      pictures of racing TR3s with a horizontal opening cut into the
      lower valence for ideas.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn</p>
    <img src="cid:[email-masked]"
      moz-do-not-send="false">
  </body>
</html>
--------------V6uCTEKLfq72QwanobEbe2nH
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="576_lights.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------V6uCTEKLfq72QwanobEbe2nH--

--------------ZnBNcGRdcpwvR5nHRdq2rJgq--

--===============6751975908963237076==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6751975908963237076==--

---

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:17:25 +0000

--===============8955278870027925441==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_004_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_";
	type="multipart/alternative"

--_004_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_
	boundary="_000_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_"

--_000_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks TeriAnn.  Excellent suggestions

-------- Original message --------
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: 2/28/24 11:09 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3a front air dam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTLUKlP1iHkE

No front bumper, fog lights (instead of driving lights), Brookland racing s=
creens, 6=94 wheels, etc.  I=92m going with a spare that will fit in the sp=
are tire compartment.  And we are doing an aluminum center gage cluster and=
 an aluminum shift knob.  I have a friend with machining tools!

My adult son wants to put a front air dam like on our TR6.  I think we can =
cut it in the middle and make it fit.  I have a body shop guy who can =93we=
ld=94 plastic.

Has anyone done this?  I=92m not sure I like the idea; comments welcome!

While those modifications from stock in the video TR2 are not my cup of tea=
, your car, do what looks best to you.

As far as an air dam, might I suggest either a bottom centre scoop addition=
 or an opening in the lower part of the valence instead. Or maybe an air da=
m with a centre air scoop built in. A lot of the radiator is below the gril=
le opening and it would be helpful to direct air into the lower radiator ro=
ds & fins to help with cooling. You don't want to block off air going to th=
e lower part of the radiator. You should be able to find some pictures of r=
acing TR3s with a horizontal opening cut into the lower valence for ideas.

TeriAnn

--_000_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
<meta content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">
</head>
<body>
Thanks TeriAnn.&nbsp; Excellent suggestions&nbsp;
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>-------- Original message --------</div>
<div>From: &quot;TeriAnn J. Wakeman&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt; </div=
<div>Date: 2/28/24 11:09 AM (GMT-06:00) </div>
<div>To: [email-masked] </div>
<div>Subject: Re: [TR] TR3a front air dam </div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">On 2/28/24 6:26 AM, dave northrup wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext}
.MsoChpDefault
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif}
div.WordSection1
	{}
-->
</style>
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">We are building a TR3a using the car in this video a=
s inspiration</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTLUKlP1=
iHkE" class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTLU=
KlP1iHkE</a></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">No front bumper, fog lights (instead of driving ligh=
ts), Brookland racing screens, 6=94 wheels, etc.&nbsp; I=92m going with a s=
pare that will fit in the spare tire compartment.&nbsp; And we are doing an=
 aluminum center gage cluster and an aluminum shift
 knob.&nbsp; I have a friend with machining tools!</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">My adult son wants to put a front air dam like on ou=
r TR6.&nbsp; I think we can cut it in the middle and make it fit.&nbsp; I h=
ave a body shop guy who can =93weld=94 plastic.</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Has anyone done this?&nbsp; I=92m not sure I like th=
e idea; comments welcome!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>While those modifications from stock in the video TR2 are not my cup of =
tea, your car, do what looks best to you.&nbsp;</p>
<p>As far as an air dam, might I suggest either a bottom centre scoop addit=
ion or an opening in the lower part of the valence instead. Or maybe an air=
 dam with a centre air scoop built in. A lot of the radiator is below the g=
rille opening and it would be helpful
 to direct air into the lower radiator rods &amp; fins to help with cooling=
. You don't want to block off air going to the lower part of the radiator. =
You should be able to find some pictures of racing TR3s with a horizontal o=
pening cut into the lower valence for
 ideas.</p>
<p>TeriAnn</p>
<img src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"> </div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_--

--_004_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_
Content-Description: 576_lights.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="576_lights.jpg"; size=473237;
	creation-date="Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:09:48 GMT";
	modification-date="Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:17:25 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_004_d96bb06c767747b9ac363a645cffe0e3ranteercom_--

--===============8955278870027925441==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8955278870027925441==--

---

From: "Notakitcar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 14:31:08 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7482799700078171636==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I like it, looks like a true rally car.  Are you going to do the same =
bonnet treatments?

Bill B

TS30800L

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2024 9:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3a front air dam

=20

=20

=20

No front bumper, fog lights (instead of driving lights), Brookland =
racing screens, 6=E2=80=9D wheels, etc.  I=E2=80=99m going with a spare =
that will fit in the spare tire compartment.  And we are doing an =
aluminum center gage cluster and an aluminum shift knob.  I have a =
friend with machining tools!

=20

My adult son wants to put a front air dam like on our TR6.  I think we =
can cut it in the middle and make it fit.  I have a body shop guy who =
can =E2=80=9Cweld=E2=80=9D plastic.

=20

Has anyone done this?  I=E2=80=99m not sure I like the idea; comments =
welcome!

While those modifications from stock in the video TR2 are not my cup of =
tea, your car, do what looks best to you.=20

As far as an air dam, might I suggest either a bottom centre scoop =
addition or an opening in the lower part of the valence instead. Or =
maybe an air dam with a centre air scoop built in. A lot of the radiator =
is below the grille opening and it would be helpful to direct air into =
the lower radiator rods & fins to help with cooling. You don't want to =
block off air going to the lower part of the radiator. You should be =
able to find some pictures of racing TR3s with a horizontal opening cut =
into the lower valence for ideas.

TeriAnn

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I like it, looks like a =
true rally car.=C2=A0 Are you going to do the same bonnet =
treatments?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>TS30800L<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'mso-ligatures:none'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'mso-ligatures:none'> Triumphs =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, February 28, 2024 9:46 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] =
TR3a front air dam<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
2/28/24 6:26 AM, dave northrup wrote:<span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p class=3DMsoNormal>We =
are building a TR3a using the car in this video as =
inspiration<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTLUKlP1iHkE">https://www.youtub=
e.com/watch?v=3DTLUKlP1iHkE</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>No front =
bumper, fog lights (instead of driving lights), Brookland racing =
screens, 6=E2=80=9D wheels, etc.&nbsp; I=E2=80=99m going with a spare =
that will fit in the spare tire compartment.&nbsp; And we are doing an =
aluminum center gage cluster and an aluminum shift knob.&nbsp; I have a =
friend with machining tools!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My adult son =
wants to put a front air dam like on our TR6.&nbsp; I think we can cut =
it in the middle and make it fit.&nbsp; I have a body shop guy who can =
=E2=80=9Cweld=E2=80=9D plastic.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Has anyone =
done this?&nbsp; I=E2=80=99m not sure I like the idea; comments =
welcome!<o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><p>While those modifications from =
stock in the video TR2 are not my cup of tea, your car, do what looks =
best to you.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p>As far as an air dam, might I =
suggest either a bottom centre scoop addition or an opening in the lower =
part of the valence instead. Or maybe an air dam with a centre air scoop =
built in. A lot of the radiator is below the grille opening and it would =
be helpful to direct air into the lower radiator rods &amp; fins to help =
with cooling. You don't want to block off air going to the lower part of =
the radiator. You should be able to find some pictures of racing TR3s =
with a horizontal opening cut into the lower valence for =
ideas.<o:p></o:p></p><p>TeriAnn<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;mso-ligatures:none'><img border=3D0 width=3D681 =
height=3D539 id=3D"_x0000_i1025" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></=
body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA6A52.C5C70CF0--

--===============7482799700078171636==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7482799700078171636==--