Subject: [TR] Sound Deading Insulation

From: Rochlin Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 16:03:37 -0500

I hope everyone is enjoying renovation/repair season. This year I was able to run my TR6 until past Christmas before the roads were salted.
	I'm thinking of adding sound insulation panels of my transmission tunnel over the winter, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else has done it and what their results were. I have sound deadening material left over from another project I did on my wife's BMW Z4, but that was doing the doors to eliminate the tinny sound when the doors were shut. BMW said it eliminated the sound deadening material in the doors to reduce excessive weight. This is in a car with A/C and power seats...
	In doing either the transmission tunnel or the whole interior did the sound insulation reduce road noise?  I'm a bit hesitant about doing the whole interior as my car is original and I'm leery of adding material that may be almost impossible to remove during a restoration.  In any case, I'd like to hear other peoples experience in doing this possible project.
	Best,
	Bob
	'72 TR6
	
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Ronald Olds <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 13:15:38 +0000

--===============0965685317207183701==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BY5PR16MB339459AA83A3B87DE7ABF2BFAB752BY5PR16MB3394namp_"

--_000_BY5PR16MB339459AA83A3B87DE7ABF2BFAB752BY5PR16MB3394namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Bob,

i used inexpensive  non-adhesive sound insulation mat on the interior of my=
 TR6. I laid it on the floors and trans tunnel and put the carpeting down o=
n top of it. I am very pleased with the results. It can be removed very eas=
ily if desired.

Ronald Olds
72 TR6
________________________________
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> on behalf of Rochlin Rober=
t <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2024 4:03 PM
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]=
eam.net>
Subject: [TR] Sound Deading Insulation

        I hope everyone is enjoying renovation/repair season. This year I w=
as able to run my TR6 until past Christmas before the roads were salted.
        I'm thinking of adding sound insulation panels of my transmission t=
unnel over the winter, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else has done=
 it and what their results were. I have sound deadening material left over =
from another project I did on my wife's BMW Z4, but that was doing the door=
s to eliminate the tinny sound when the doors were shut. BMW said it elimin=
ated the sound deadening material in the doors to reduce excessive weight. =
This is in a car with A/C and power seats...
        In doing either the transmission tunnel or the whole interior did t=
he sound insulation reduce road noise?  I'm a bit hesitant about doing the =
whole interior as my car is original and I'm leery of adding material that =
may be almost impossible to remove during a restoration.  In any case, I'd =
like to hear other peoples experience in doing this possible project.
        Best,
        Bob
        '72 TR6

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

--_000_BY5PR16MB339459AA83A3B87DE7ABF2BFAB752BY5PR16MB3394namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
Bob,</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
i used inexpensive&nbsp; non-adhesive sound insulation mat on the interior =
of my TR6. I laid it on the floors and trans tunnel and put the carpeting d=
own on top of it. I am very pleased with the results. It can be removed ver=
y easily if desired.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
Ronald Olds</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
72 TR6</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;triumphs=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Rochlin Robert &lt;rrochlin@comcas=
t.net&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, January 21, 2024 4:03 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked] &=
lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [TR] Sound Deading Insulation</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class=3D"BodyFragment"><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;=
">
<div class=3D"PlainText">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I hope =
everyone is enjoying renovation/repair season. This year I was able to run =
my TR6 until past Christmas before the roads were salted.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm thinking of adding sound ins=
ulation panels of my transmission tunnel over the winter, but I wanted to c=
heck to see if anyone else has done it and what their results were. I have =
sound deadening material left over from another project I did on my
 wife's BMW Z4, but that was doing the doors to eliminate the tinny sound w=
hen the doors were shut. BMW said it eliminated the sound deadening materia=
l in the doors to reduce excessive weight. This is in a car with A/C and po=
wer seats...<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In doing either the transmission=
 tunnel or the whole interior did the sound insulation reduce road noise?&n=
bsp; I'm a bit hesitant about doing the whole interior as my car is origina=
l and I'm leery of adding material that may be almost impossible to remove
 during a restoration.&nbsp; In any case, I'd like to hear other peoples ex=
perience in doing this possible project.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Best,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bob<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; '72 TR6<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
** [email-masked] **<br>
<br>
ate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team=
.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp;
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BY5PR16MB339459AA83A3B87DE7ABF2BFAB752BY5PR16MB3394namp_--

--===============0965685317207183701==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0965685317207183701==--