Subject: [TR] High Ratio Steering Rack

From: Harry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 02:15:14 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0115246593632851157==
	boundary="----=_Part_847221_673373448.1697940914954"

------=_Part_847221_673373448.1697940914954
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have had the high ratio steering rack on my TR6 for a number of years.=C2=
=A0 When I had the standard rack on the car, each year I would grease the r=
ack and pinion.=C2=A0 I had a sticking front brake that cause some damage t=
o the front suspension so I starting looking at the high ratio rack to see =
if the was any damage.=C2=A0 I pull the rack off the car and took the rubbe=
r boots.=C2=A0 I found that the tie rods grease was hard.=C2=A0 Then I wond=
ered about the rack and pinion.=C2=A0 Now I have no clue how I could check =
or grease the rack and pinion.=C2=A0 One of the tie rod balls was very hard=
 to move and all I can do is try in grease the ball.Does any body have a so=
urce for information about the high ratio rack?=C2=A0 There must be some wa=
y to take the rack apart?=C2=A0 Thanks in advance for any info.Harry
------=_Part_847221_673373448.1697940914954
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 14pt;">I have had the high ratio steering rack on my TR6 for a number of years.&nbsp; When I had the standard rack on the car, each year I would grease the rack and pinion.&nbsp; I had a sticking front brake that cause some damage to the front suspension so I starting looking at the high ratio rack to see if the was any damage.&nbsp; I pull the rack off the car and took the rubber boots.&nbsp; I found that the tie rods grease was hard.&nbsp; Then I wondered about the rack and pinion.&nbsp; Now I have no clue how I could check or grease the rack and pinion.&nbsp; One of the tie rod balls was very hard to move and all I can do is try in grease the ball.</span></div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 14pt;">Does any body have a source for information about the high ratio rack?&nbsp; There must be some way to take the rack apart?&nbsp; Thanks in advance for any info.</span></div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="font-size: 14pt;">Harry</span></div>
</div>
------=_Part_847221_673373448.1697940914954--

--===============0115246593632851157==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0115246593632851157==--