Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:03:27 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1477709736049710956==
 boundary="------------WWQSadACxiI3mh6qVWM1b04f"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------WWQSadACxiI3mh6qVWM1b04f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 10/22/23 9:40 AM, Alex&Janet Thomson wrote:
>
> All - I'm sure this has been discussed before but my question is this 
> - I have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel 
> pump to his TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the 
> universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best place to mount this 
> pump. I assume at the back of the car is best, below the fuel tank level.
>
On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before the 
pump on the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal mounting 
plate to mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank. In general 
electric fuel pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so much as pulling 
fuel so having it below the bottom of the tank makes it easier. 
Especially after running out of fuel.

TeriAnn

--------------WWQSadACxiI3mh6qVWM1b04f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/22/23 9:40 AM, Alex&amp;Janet
      Thomson wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt">All - I'm
            sure this has been discussed before but my question is this
            - I have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied
            electric fuel pump to his TR3A. I don't know if it is the
            Facet pump or the universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on
            the best place to mount this pump. I assume at the back of
            the car is best, below the fuel tank level.</span></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before
      the pump on the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal
      mounting plate to mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank.
      In general electric fuel pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so
      much as pulling fuel so having it below the bottom of the tank
      makes it easier. Especially after running out of fuel.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------WWQSadACxiI3mh6qVWM1b04f--

--===============1477709736049710956==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1477709736049710956==--

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:19:00 -0500

--===============7801491191300493259==

--000000000000120aa40608514e6c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Did you mount an inertial cutoff switch, TeriAnn?  What are your thoughts
there?

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 12:15=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman@gmai=
l.com>
wrote:

> All - I'm sure this has been discussed before but my question is this - I
> have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to
> his TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the universal Lucas pum=
p.
> Any suggestions on the best place to mount this pump. I assume at the bac=
k
> of the car is best, below the fuel tank level.
>
> On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before the pump
> on the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal mounting plate to
> mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank. In general electric fuel
> pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so much as pulling fuel so having =
it
> below the bottom of the tank makes it easier. Especially after running ou=
t
> of fuel.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000120aa40608514e6c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Did=
 you mount an inertial=C2=A0cutoff switch, TeriAnn?=C2=A0 What are=C2=A0you=
r thoughts there?</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 12:15=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0=
px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><u></=
u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    <div>On 10/22/23 9:40 AM, Alex&amp;Janet
      Thomson wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
     =20
     =20
      <div>
        <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14pt">All - I&#39;m
            sure this has been discussed before but my question is this
            - I have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied
            electric fuel pump to his TR3A. I don&#39;t know if it is the
            Facet pump or the universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on
            the best place to mount this pump. I assume at the back of
            the car is best, below the fuel tank level.</span></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before
      the pump on the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal
      mounting plate to mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank.
      In general electric fuel pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so
      much as pulling fuel so having it below the bottom of the tank
      makes it easier. Especially after running out of fuel.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
  </div>

** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">triumphs@au=
tox.team.net</a> **<br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000120aa40608514e6c--

--===============7801491191300493259==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7801491191300493259==--

---

From: Rye Livingston <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:25:14 -0700

--===============1883419928020422891==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_0128BF13-94AA-4A19-87BE-282FFD3E08B7"

--Apple-Mail=_0128BF13-94AA-4A19-87BE-282FFD3E08B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I installed an electric fuel pump right below the tank in my TR3A.  I =
will add that initially I installed a FAUET pump and it was crazy loud.  =
I=E2=80=99d heard others have the same issue.  My local Triumph shop =
then recommended a Hardi Electric Fuel Pump:=20
https://www.hardi-automotive.com/en/products/fuel-pumps/

A fellow Triumph club member had installed the same pump in his TR4, and =
he mounted it in the engine bay and has had no issues with it pulling =
fuel from the tank.

Rye

> On Oct 22, 2023, at 10:03 AM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>> All - I'm sure this has been discussed before but my question is this =
- I have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel =
pump to his TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the universal =
Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best place to mount this pump. I =
assume at the back of the car is best, below the fuel tank level.
> On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before the =
pump on the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal mounting =
plate to mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank. In general =
electric fuel pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so much as pulling =
fuel so having it below the bottom of the tank makes it easier. =
Especially after running out of fuel.
>=20
> TeriAnn
>=20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs>  http://www.team.net/archive =
<http://www.team.net/archive>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_0128BF13-94AA-4A19-87BE-282FFD3E08B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">I =
installed an electric fuel pump right below the tank in my TR3A. &nbsp;I =
will add that initially I installed a FAUET pump and it was crazy loud. =
&nbsp;I=E2=80=99d heard others have the same issue. &nbsp;My local =
Triumph shop then recommended a&nbsp;Hardi Electric Fuel Pump:&nbsp;<div =
class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://www.hardi-automotive.com/en/products/fuel-pumps/" =
class=3D"">https://www.hardi-automotive.com/en/products/fuel-pumps/</a><br=
 class=3D""><div><br class=3D""></div><div>A fellow Triumph club member =
had installed the same pump in his TR4, and he mounted it in the engine =
bay and has had no issues with it pulling fuel from the =
tank.</div><div><br class=3D""></div><div>Rye</div><div><br =
class=3D""></div><div><br class=3D""></div><div><br =
class=3D""></div><div><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Oct 22, 2023, at 10:03 AM, TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><meta =
charset=3D"UTF-8" class=3D""><div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix" =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">On 10/22/23 9:40 =
AM, Alex&amp;Janet Thomson wrote:<br class=3D""></div><blockquote =
type=3D"cite" cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><div class=3D"WordSection1" =
style=3D"page: WordSection1;"><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 14pt;" class=3D"">All - I'm sure this has been =
discussed before but my question is this - I have a freiend who plans to =
install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to his TR3A. I don't know if =
it is the Facet pump or the universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the =
best place to mount this pump. I assume at the back of the car is best, =
below the fuel tank level.</span></div></div></blockquote><p =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">On my =
TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before the pump on =
the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal mounting plate to =
mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank. In general electric fuel =
pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so much as pulling fuel so having =
it below the bottom of the tank makes it easier. Especially after =
running out of fuel.</p><p style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">TeriAnn<br class=3D""></p><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">**<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>**</span><br=
 style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
</div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_0128BF13-94AA-4A19-87BE-282FFD3E08B7--

--===============1883419928020422891==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1883419928020422891==--

---

From: auprichard uprichard.net <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:18:43 +0000

--_004_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_
	boundary="_000_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_"

--_000_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Here is a pic from my 3B

Andrew UPrichard

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Alex&Janet Th=
omson
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2023 12:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump

All - I'm sure this has been discussed before but my question is this - I h=
ave a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to hi=
s TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the universal Lucas pump. A=
ny suggestions on the best place to mount this pump. I assume at the back o=
f the car is best, below the fuel tank level.

Thanks.

Alex Thomson
'73 TR6

--_000_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple" style=3D"word-wrap:brea=
k-word">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quo=
t;,serif;color:#1F497D">Here is a pic from my 3B<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quo=
t;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quo=
t;,serif;color:#1F497D">Andrew UPrichard<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quo=
t;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
<div>
<div style=3D"border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]=
m.net&gt; <b>On Behalf Of
</b>Alex&amp;Janet Thomson<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, October 22, 2023 12:41 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [TR] TR3A Fuel pump<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">All - I'm sure this=
 has been discussed before but my question is this - I have a freiend who p=
lans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to his TR3A. I don't kno=
w if it is the Facet pump or the universal
 Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best place to mount this pump. I assume=
 at the back of the car is best, below the fuel tank level.<o:p></o:p></spa=
n></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">Thanks.<o:p></o:p><=
/span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">Alex Thomson<o:p></=
o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">'73 TR6<o:p></o:p><=
/span></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_--

--_004_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Description: pump.JPG
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="pump.JPG"; size=363324;
	creation-date="Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:18:13 GMT";
	modification-date="Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:18:42 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_004_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--_004_DS7PR07MB76558043C88F62A17F056A60CAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_--

---

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:43:53 +0000

--===============1244046987771550924==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_53828af34b00416fbfbc62b824655bfaranteercom_"

--_000_53828af34b00416fbfbc62b824655bfaranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

You can put the fuel pump anywhere.   Been there done that.   You need to i=
nsulate the mounting.  Rubber grommets work well.

Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last.   I'm sorry you bought it from Moss=
.   You paid too much and it's probably low quality.   NAPA has them in sto=
ck.   You need the 2 to 4 PSI.

-------- Original message --------
From: Alex&Janet Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: 10/22/23 12:02 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump

Thanks.

Alex Thomson
'73 TR6

--_000_53828af34b00416fbfbc62b824655bfaranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none}
.MsoChpDefault
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif}
@page WordSection1
	{margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in}
div.WordSection1
	{}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple" style=3D"word-wrap:brea=
k-word">
You can put the fuel pump anywhere.&nbsp; &nbsp;Been there done that.&nbsp;=
 &nbsp;You need to insulate the mounting.&nbsp; Rubber grommets work well.&=
nbsp;
<div dir=3D"auto"><br>
</div>
<div dir=3D"auto">Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm s=
orry you bought it from Moss.&nbsp; &nbsp;You paid too much and it's probab=
ly low quality.&nbsp; &nbsp;NAPA has them in stock.&nbsp; &nbsp;You need th=
e 2 to 4 PSI.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>-------- Original message --------</div>
<div>From: Alex&amp;Janet Thomson &lt;[email-masked]&gt; </div>
<div>Date: 10/22/23 12:02 PM (GMT-06:00) </div>
<div>To: [email-masked] </div>
<div>Subject: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump </div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">All - I'm sure this=
 has been discussed before but my question is this - I have a freiend who p=
lans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to his TR3A. I don't kno=
w if it is the Facet pump or the universal
 Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best place to mount this pump. I assume=
 at the back of the car is best, below the fuel tank level.</span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">&nbsp;</span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">Thanks.</span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">&nbsp;</span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">Alex Thomson</span>=
</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">'73 TR6</span></p>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_53828af34b00416fbfbc62b824655bfaranteercom_--

--===============1244046987771550924==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1244046987771550924==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:04:50 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0600574438096175091==
 boundary="------------SbSIXbHcgfifjBNI6INvcQZI"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------SbSIXbHcgfifjBNI6INvcQZI
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 10/22/23 10:19 AM, Don Hiscock wrote:
> Did you mount an inertial cutoff switch, TeriAnn?  What are your 
> thoughts there?

I did not think about one for the TR3. If I'm hit hard enough to trip 
one I don't expect a good personal outcome. And the key is right there. 
I do have one (from a fox body Mustang) in the Land Rover which has EFI 
5.0 just in case the truck falls over or some such on the trail. It has 
taken a lot on bouncing at different angles and has never tripped. I 
think it would take a large impact to trip one. There is a big 
difference in the amount that can flow at 2-3 lb pressure & the amount 
at high volume 45 PSI before you can hit the ignition switch. I don't 
think cars had cutoff switches before EFI volume & pressure pumps.

TeriAnn

>
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 12:15 PM TeriAnn J. Wakeman 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>     All - I'm sure this has been discussed before but my question is
>>     this - I have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied
>>     electric fuel pump to his TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet
>>     pump or the universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best
>>     place to mount this pump. I assume at the back of the car is
>>     best, below the fuel tank level.
>>
>     On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before
>     makes it easier. Especially after running out of fuel.
>
>     TeriAnn
>

-- 

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and 
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------SbSIXbHcgfifjBNI6INvcQZI
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/22/23 10:19 AM, Don Hiscock
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAPK7CFAYtDe52VzpbYbjSZLWM6z8ZbgEUt=d60Grrmxv+hP=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-size:small">Did you mount
          an inertial cutoff switch, TeriAnn?  What are your thoughts
          there?</div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>I did not think about one for the TR3. If I'm hit hard enough to
      trip one I don't expect a good personal outcome. And the key is
      right there. I do have one (from a fox body Mustang) in the Land
      Rover which has EFI 5.0 just in case the truck falls over or some
      such on the trail. It has taken a lot on bouncing at different
      angles and has never tripped. I think it would take a large impact
      to trip one. There is a big difference in the amount that can flow
      at 2-3 lb pressure &amp; the amount at high volume 45 PSI before
      you can hit the ignition switch. I don't think cars had cutoff
      switches before EFI volume &amp; pressure pumps.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAPK7CFAYtDe52VzpbYbjSZLWM6z8ZbgEUt=d60Grrmxv+hP=[email-masked]"><br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at
          12:15 PM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <div>On 10/22/23 9:40 AM, Alex&amp;Janet Thomson wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:14pt">All -
                    I'm sure this has been discussed before but my
                    question is this - I have a freiend who plans to
                    install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to his
                    TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the
                    universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best
                    place to mount this pump. I assume at the back of
                    the car is best, below the fuel tank level.</span></p>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <p>On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter
              before the pump on the inside of the frame rail. I
              fabricated a metal mounting plate to mount them to the
              frame rail by the fuel tank. In general electric fuel
              pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so much as pulling
              fuel so having it below the bottom of the tank makes it
              easier. Especially after running out of fuel.</p>
            <p>TeriAnn<br>
            </p>
          </div>
          ** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>
          **<br>
          <br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
          <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------SbSIXbHcgfifjBNI6INvcQZI--

--===============0600574438096175091==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0600574438096175091==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:44:14 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6625289726352154046==
 boundary="------------yIOHXCp7ehsdlC3BsRvFp1KU"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------yIOHXCp7ehsdlC3BsRvFp1KU
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 10/22/23 11:43 AM, dave northrup wrote:
> Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last.   I'm sorry you bought it from 
> Moss.   You paid too much and it's probably low quality.   NAPA has 
> them in stock.   You need the 2 to 4 PSI. 

Way too much can be a relative term. Those Facit pumps are way loud and 
I don't think much about their longevity. I ended up paying a LOT more 
for a German made fuel pump because I was looking for a quality quiet 
pump that should last longer.

https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=electric+fuel+pump

Yes way too much but so far it has been good & quiet.

TeriAnn

--------------yIOHXCp7ehsdlC3BsRvFp1KU
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/22/23 11:43 AM, dave northrup
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif}span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none}.MsoChpDefault
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif}div.WordSection1
	{}</style>Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last.   I'm sorry you
      bought it from Moss.   You paid too much and it's probably low
      quality.   NAPA has them in stock.   You need the 2 to 4 PSI. </blockquote>
    <p>Way too much can be a relative term. Those Facit pumps are way
      loud and I don't think much about their longevity. I ended up
      paying a LOT more for a German made fuel pump because I was
      looking for a quality quiet pump that should last longer.</p>
    <p><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=electric+fuel+pump">https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=electric+fuel+pump</a></p>
    <p>Yes way too much but so far it has been good &amp; quiet.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------yIOHXCp7ehsdlC3BsRvFp1KU--

--===============6625289726352154046==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6625289726352154046==--

---

From: auprichard uprichard.net <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 21:11:44 +0000

--===============4697860086601009549==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DS7PR07MB765594FF40D19046813B59BCCAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_"

--_000_DS7PR07MB765594FF40D19046813B59BCCAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DS7PR07MB765594FF40D19046813B59BCCAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DS7PR07MB765594FF40D19046813B59BCCAD9ADS7PR07MB7655namp_--

--===============4697860086601009549==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4697860086601009549==--

---

From: Rye Livingston <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:19:05 -0700

--===============2831024163879099092==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_C51D23A6-2911-4B3C-9B8A-EF7B6A5A89CA"

--Apple-Mail=_C51D23A6-2911-4B3C-9B8A-EF7B6A5A89CA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

The Hardi pump I=E2=80=99m using is German.  As I mentioned earlier it =
was my local mechanic, British Motorsports, who recommended the Hardi =
fuel pump.  I=E2=80=99m very happy with it, and it=E2=80=99s very quiet.

Rye

> On Oct 22, 2023, at 12:44 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>> Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last.   I'm sorry you bought it =
from Moss.   You paid too much and it's probably low quality.   NAPA has =
them in stock.   You need the 2 to 4 PSI.=20
> Way too much can be a relative term. Those Facit pumps are way loud =
and I don't think much about their longevity. I ended up paying a LOT =
more for a German made fuel pump because I was looking for a quality =
quiet pump that should last longer.
>=20
> https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3Delectric+fuel+pump =
<https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3Delectric+fuel+pump>

--Apple-Mail=_C51D23A6-2911-4B3C-9B8A-EF7B6A5A89CA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">The =
Hardi pump I=E2=80=99m using is German. &nbsp;As I mentioned earlier it =
was my local mechanic, British Motorsports, who recommended the Hardi =
fuel pump. &nbsp;I=E2=80=99m very happy with it, and it=E2=80=99s very =
quiet.<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Rye<br =
class=3D""><div><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Oct 22, 2023, at 12:44 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><meta=
 charset=3D"UTF-8" class=3D""><div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix" =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">On 10/22/23 =
11:43 AM, dave northrup wrote:<br class=3D""></div><blockquote =
type=3D"cite" cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not =
last.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm sorry you bought it from Moss.&nbsp; &nbsp;You =
paid too much and it's probably low quality.&nbsp; &nbsp;NAPA has them =
in stock.&nbsp; &nbsp;You need the 2 to 4 PSI.&nbsp;</blockquote><p =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">Way =
too much can be a relative term. Those Facit pumps are way loud and I =
don't think much about their longevity. I ended up paying a LOT more for =
a German made fuel pump because I was looking for a quality quiet pump =
that should last longer.</p><p style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3Delectric+fuel+pu=
mp">https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3Delectric+fuel+pump</=
a></p><p style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D"">Yes way too much but so far it has been good &amp; =
quiet.</p><p style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D"">TeriAnn<br class=3D""></p><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">**<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>**</span><br=
 style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
</div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_C51D23A6-2911-4B3C-9B8A-EF7B6A5A89CA--

--===============2831024163879099092==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2831024163879099092==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:43:15 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1969641317445167754==
 boundary="------------zKu9wWXcp2QUZgb5SuQqiYmR"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------zKu9wWXcp2QUZgb5SuQqiYmR
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 10/22/23 2:11 PM, auprichard uprichard.net wrote:
>
> Which one exactly did you buy ?
>
It has been 6 or 7 years,  don't remember exactly which I purchased. It 
was a  Hardi fuel pump with a side mounting clamp, not the one that 
mounts from the bottom. I just picked one that seemed to be the easiest 
fit to the plate I added to the frame rail to hold a filter & the pump.

TeriAnn

> *From:* Triumphs <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of 
> *TeriAnn J. Wakeman
> *Sent:* Sunday, October 22, 2023 3:44 PM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump
>
>     Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last.  I'm sorry you bought it
>     from Moss.   You paid too much and it's probably low quality. 
>      NAPA has them in stock.   You need the 2 to 4 PSI.
>
> Way too much can be a relative term. Those Facit pumps are way loud 
> and I don't think much about their longevity. I ended up paying a LOT 
> more for a German made fuel pump because I was looking for a quality 

--------------zKu9wWXcp2QUZgb5SuQqiYmR
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/22/23 2:11 PM, auprichard
      uprichard.net wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">Which
            one exactly did you buy ?</span></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>It has been 6 or 7 years,  don't remember exactly which I
      purchased. It was a  Hardi fuel pump with a side mounting clamp,
      not the one that mounts from the bottom. I just picked one that
      seemed to be the easiest fit to the plate I added to the frame
      rail to hold a filter &amp; the pump.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of
              </b>TeriAnn J. Wakeman<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Sunday, October 22, 2023 3:44 PM<br>
              <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">On 10/22/23 11:43 AM, dave northrup
            wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
          <p class="MsoNormal">Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last. 
             I'm sorry you bought it from Moss.   You paid too much and
            it's probably low quality.   NAPA has them in stock.   You
            need the 2 to 4 PSI. <o:p></o:p></p>
        </blockquote>
        <p>Way too much can be a relative term. Those Facit pumps are
          way loud and I don't think much about their longevity. I ended
          up paying a LOT more for a German made fuel pump because I was
          looking for a quality quiet pump that should last longer.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p><a
href="https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=electric+fuel+pump"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=electric+fuel+pump</a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p>Yes way too much but so far it has been good &amp; quiet.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p>TeriAnn<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------zKu9wWXcp2QUZgb5SuQqiYmR--

--===============1969641317445167754==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1969641317445167754==--

---

From: CFM-TR <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:40:57 -0400

It has been years since I put the top of my TR3A.  Less for the tonneau.
Before I rip them what is best way to condition them? Relative warm & sunny days coming this week so thought it a good time.

Thanks.
Carl
TR3A TS81802LO
Tampa, FL

On Oct 22, 2023, 2:18 PM, at 2:18 PM, "auprichard uprichard.net" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Here is a pic from my 3B
>
>Andrew UPrichard
>
>From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
>Alex&Janet Thomson
>All - I'm sure this has been discussed before but my question is this -
>I have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel
>pump to his TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the universal
>Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best place to mount this pump. I

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: bill beecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 22:09:58 -0500

--===============4322761711726540587==
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">I have bought a couple of cheap ones off eB=
ay, sold the Land Rover after 6 years, still driving the Jeepster 7 years on=
. &nbsp;Paid less than $20 for them.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>TR3 still runn=
ing the AC mechanical pump.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Bill B</div><div>=
<br></div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr">=E2=80=9CShoot low sheriff, she=E2=80=99=
s riding a shetland=E2=80=9D =E2=80=A6B.Wills</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br>On O=
ct 22, 2023, at 9:59=E2=80=AFPM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;[email-masked]&=
gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF

 =20
    <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8"=
 =20
 =20
    <div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">On 10/22/23 2:11 PM, auprichard
      uprichard.net wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite" cite=3D"mid:DS7PR07MB765594FF40D19046813B59BCC=
[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-=
8">
      <meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium=
)">
      <style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria Math"; }
@font-face { font-family: Calibri; }
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in; font-size: 11pt; fon=
t-family: Calibri, sans-serif; }
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }
span.EmailStyle21 { font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; color: rgb(31, 73=
, 125); font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; }
.MsoChpDefault { font-size: 10pt; }
div.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1; }</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class=3D"WordSection1">
        <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Times New Ro=
man&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D">Which
            one exactly did you buy ?</span></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>It has been 6 or 7 years,&nbsp; don't remember exactly which I
      purchased. It was a&nbsp; Hardi fuel pump with a side mounting clamp,
      not the one that mounts from the bottom. I just picked one that
      seemed to be the easiest fit to the plate I added to the frame
      rail to hold a filter &amp; the pump.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite" cite=3D"mid:DS7PR07MB765594FF40D19046813B59BCC=
[email-masked]">
      <div class=3D"WordSection1">
        <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Times New Ro=
man&quot;,serif;color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div style=3D"border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3=
.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs
              <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href=3D"mailto:triumphs-bou=
[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On Behal=
f Of
              </b>TeriAnn J. Wakeman<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Sunday, October 22, 2023 3:44 PM<br>
              <b>To:</b> <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class=3D"MsoNormal">On 10/22/23 11:43 AM, dave northrup
            wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
          <p class=3D"MsoNormal">Do not buy Mr Gasket; they do not last.&nbs=
p;
            &nbsp;I'm sorry you bought it from Moss.&nbsp; &nbsp;You paid to=
o much and
            it's probably low quality.&nbsp; &nbsp;NAPA has them in stock.&n=
bsp; &nbsp;You
            need the 2 to 4 PSI.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p>
        </blockquote>
        <p>Way too much can be a relative term. Those Facit pumps are
          way loud and I don't think much about their longevity. I ended
          up paying a LOT more for a German made fuel pump because I was
          looking for a quality quiet pump that should last longer.<o:p></o:=
p></p>
        <p><a href=3D"https://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3Delec=
tric+fuel+pump" moz-do-not-send=3D"true" class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext">htt=
ps://bpnorthwest.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3Delectric+fuel+pump</a><o:p></=
o:p></p>
        <p>Yes way too much but so far it has been good &amp; quiet.<o:p></o=
:p></p>
        <p>TeriAnn<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
 =20

<span>** [email-masked] **</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate:=
 http://www.team.net/donate.html</span><br><span>Archive: http://www.team.ne=
t/pipermail/triumphs &nbsp;http://www.team.net/archive</span><br><span></spa=
n><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triump=
hs/[email-masked]</span><br></div></div></div></body></html>=

--===============4322761711726540587==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4322761711726540587==--

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 14:17:41 -0400

--0000000000001108a30608a297a0

--0000000000001108a00608a2979e

>
> I ran a facet at least 10 years ago - relying on Randalls choice of part
> numbers.
>

I was in a hurry and found a chevy fuel blanking plate that I hear fit the
Triumph just fine - and it does.  With blanking plate and pump in hand I
saw the mounting holes were almost identical.

I took some old MG rubber exahust mounts and sandwiched them between the
blanking plate and my new pump and presented it to the engine.  It's been
relatively quiet in operation and have had no issues with the mounting
location.  By the way it squirted gas, it must be close to the level of the
bottom of the tank.

--0000000000001108a00608a2979e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204)=
;padding-left:1ex">I ran a facet at least 10 years ago - relying on Randall=
s choice of part numbers.<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>I was in a hu=
rry and found a chevy fuel blanking plate that I hear fit the Triumph just =
fine - and it does.=C2=A0 With blanking plate and pump in hand I saw the mo=
unting holes were almost identical.</div><div><br></div><div>I took some ol=
d MG rubber exahust=C2=A0mounts and sandwiched them between the blanking pl=
ate and my new pump and presented it to the engine.=C2=A0 It&#39;s been rel=
atively quiet in operation and have had no issues with the mounting locatio=
n.=C2=A0 By the way it squirted gas, it must be close to the level of the b=
ottom of the tank.</div><div><br></div><div>=C2=A0</div></div></div>

--0000000000001108a00608a2979e--

--0000000000001108a30608a297a0
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="fuel pump tr4.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_lo7iagtz0>

--0000000000001108a30608a297a0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--0000000000001108a30608a297a0--

---

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:52:28 +0000

--===============4027685529247663714==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_c56b4bb7bfc54f37b8b741b62b4b9442ranteercom_"

--_000_c56b4bb7bfc54f37b8b741b62b4b9442ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes, the blanking plate from a small block Chevy works just fine

-------- Original message --------
From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: 10/26/23 2:37 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump

I ran a facet at least 10 years ago - relying on Randalls choice of part nu=
mbers.

I was in a hurry and found a chevy fuel blanking plate that I hear fit the =
Triumph just fine - and it does.  With blanking plate and pump in hand I sa=
w the mounting holes were almost identical.

I took some old MG rubber exahust mounts and sandwiched them between the bl=
anking plate and my new pump and presented it to the engine.  It's been rel=
atively quiet in operation and have had no issues with the mounting locatio=
n.  By the way it squirted gas, it must be close to the level of the bottom=
 of the tank.

--_000_c56b4bb7bfc54f37b8b741b62b4b9442ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">
</head>
<body>
Yes, the blanking plate from a small block Chevy works just fine
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>-------- Original message --------</div>
<div>From: Chris Simo &lt;[email-masked]&gt; </div>
<div>Date: 10/26/23 2:37 PM (GMT-06:00) </div>
<div>To: [email-masked] </div>
<div>Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump </div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; border=
-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204); padding-left:1ex">
I ran a facet at least 10 years ago - relying on Randalls choice of part nu=
mbers.<br>
</blockquote>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>I was in a hurry and found a chevy fuel blanking plate that I hear fit=
 the Triumph just fine - and it does.&nbsp; With blanking plate and pump in=
 hand I saw the mounting holes were almost identical.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>I took some old MG rubber exahust&nbsp;mounts and sandwiched them betw=
een the blanking plate and my new pump and presented it to the engine.&nbsp=
; It's been relatively quiet in operation and have had no issues with the m=
ounting location.&nbsp; By the way it squirted
 gas, it must be close to the level of the bottom of the tank.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_c56b4bb7bfc54f37b8b741b62b4b9442ranteercom_--

--===============4027685529247663714==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4027685529247663714==--

---

From: Cliff Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:46:13 +0000

--===============3365179040494896933==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_SJ0PR14MB4613587107EF5D583071F7A6FADDASJ0PR14MB4613namp_"

--_000_SJ0PR14MB4613587107EF5D583071F7A6FADDASJ0PR14MB4613namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

That worked for me until I parked facing uphill when low on fuel and got ai=
r in the line between the pump and tank. So I moved the pump down to the in=
side of the frame rail. The pump failed a few weeks later (probably got clo=
gged) so I went back to the mechanical pump and now don't think about it.

Triumph adventures.

Cliff

________________________________
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> on behalf of Chris Simo <c=
[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2023 12:17 PM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump

--_000_SJ0PR14MB4613587107EF5D583071F7A6FADDASJ0PR14MB4613namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
<span style=3D"font-size:12pt;margin:0px" class=3D"ContentPasted0">That wor=
ked for me until I parked facing uphill when low on fuel and got air in the=
 line between the pump and tank. So I moved the pump down to the inside of =
the frame rail. The pump failed a few
 weeks later (probably got clogged) so I went back to the mechanical pump a=
nd now don't think about it.</span></div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
Triumph adventures.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
Cliff</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
<br class=3D"ContentPasted0">
<span style=3D"font-size:12pt;margin:0px"></span><br>
</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;triumphs=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Chris Simo &lt;[email-masked]=
m&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Thursday, October 26, 2023 12:17 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"x_gmail_quote">
<blockquote class=3D"x_gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; bord=
er-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204); padding-left:1ex">
I ran a facet at least 10 years ago - relying on Randalls choice of part nu=
mbers.<br>
</blockquote>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>I was in a hurry and found a chevy fuel blanking plate that I hear fit=
 the Triumph just fine - and it does.&nbsp; With blanking plate and pump in=
 hand I saw the mounting holes were almost identical.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>I took some old MG rubber exahust&nbsp;mounts and sandwiched them betw=
een the blanking plate and my new pump and presented it to the engine.&nbsp=
; It's been relatively quiet in operation and have had no issues with the m=
ounting location.&nbsp; By the way it squirted
 gas, it must be close to the level of the bottom of the tank.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_SJ0PR14MB4613587107EF5D583071F7A6FADDASJ0PR14MB4613namp_--

--===============3365179040494896933==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3365179040494896933==--