Subject: [TR] GT6 Mk3 Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter...

From: Joel Justin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 22:14:40 +0000

--===============1591096299678541802==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BYAPR10MB2776876BCA14A65D9FBE0F03BE30ABYAPR10MB2776namp_"

--_000_BYAPR10MB2776876BCA14A65D9FBE0F03BE30ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly lea=
rned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the GT6 fra=
me location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number (presumably shorter=
) that works on a GT6?

Thanks, Joel...

--_000_BYAPR10MB2776876BCA14A65D9FBE0F03BE30ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
</div>
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"fon=
t-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0,=
 0);">
I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly lea=
rned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the GT6 fra=
me location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number (presumably shorter=
) that works on a GT6?</div>
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"fon=
t-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0,=
 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, s=
ans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Thanks, Joel...</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, s=
ans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, s=
ans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BYAPR10MB2776876BCA14A65D9FBE0F03BE30ABYAPR10MB2776namp_--

--===============1591096299678541802==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1591096299678541802==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 23:02:13 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8159889185700869071==
 boundary="------------hohDZLvoOsgvcb9FYvDODeBQ"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------hohDZLvoOsgvcb9FYvDODeBQ
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

?? point the filter forward. It does not need to be vertical to work right

ptegler

On 7/10/2023 6:14 PM, Joel Justin wrote:
> I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but 
> quickly learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long 
> given the GT6 frame location. Does anyone have an oil filter 
> make/number (presumably shorter) that works on a GT6?
>
> Thanks, Joel...
>
>
>
> [email-masked]  **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]   www.teglerizer.com

--------------hohDZLvoOsgvcb9FYvDODeBQ
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>?? point the filter forward. It does not need to be vertical to
      work right</p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/10/2023 6:14 PM, Joel Justin
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="elementToProof">
      </div>
      <div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr" class="elementToProof"
        style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:
        14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but
        quickly learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too
        long given the GT6 frame location. Does anyone have an oil
        filter make/number (presumably shorter) that works on a GT6?</div>
      <div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr" class="elementToProof"
        style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:
        14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="x_elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri,
          Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
          Thanks, Joel...</div>
        <div class="x_elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri,
          Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
          <br>
        </div>
        <div class="x_elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri,
          Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
          <br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------hohDZLvoOsgvcb9FYvDODeBQ--

--===============8159889185700869071==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8159889185700869071==--

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 21:31:40 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7964350181271486020==
 boundary="------------zGm0BqVt6sm6SOVJcpY9R8Nn"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------zGm0BqVt6sm6SOVJcpY9R8Nn
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Look up a 1998 Ford Mustang V6 to see if you can find a shorter one with 
that reference.  You can also angle the adapter to get a bit more 
space.  Give the location of the frame rail, I just kept the original 
oil filter on the GT6.  I do have the spin on adapter on my TR6, but 
that car has much more room.

Brian

On 7/10/2023 3:14 PM, Joel Justin wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------zGm0BqVt6sm6SOVJcpY9R8Nn
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Look up a 1998 Ford Mustang V6 to see if you can find a shorter one
    with that reference.  You can also angle the adapter to get a bit
    more space.  Give the location of the frame rail, I just kept the
    original oil filter on the GT6.  I do have the spin on adapter on my
    TR6, but that car has much more room.<br>
    <br>
    Brian<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/10/2023 3:14 PM, Joel Justin
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="elementToProof">
      </div>
      <div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr" class="elementToProof"
        style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:
        14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but
        quickly learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too
        long given the GT6 frame location. Does anyone have an oil
        filter make/number (presumably shorter) that works on a GT6?</div>
      <div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr" class="elementToProof"
        style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:
        14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="x_elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri,
          Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
          Thanks, Joel...</div>
        <div class="x_elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri,
          Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
          <br>
        </div>
        <div class="x_elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri,
          Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
          <br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------zGm0BqVt6sm6SOVJcpY9R8Nn--

--===============7964350181271486020==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7964350181271486020==--

---

From: Greg Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 23:38:48 -0500

--===============7689794171402610696==

--00000000000090a03c06002ead84

Look up Wix 51348, should be all dimensions the same, but about 1.4" inches
shorter.  Lots of options if you search the Wix site by thread size
https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/FilterBySize.aspx?catid=3&styleid=7

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023, 9:34 PM Joel Justin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly
> learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the GT6
> frame location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number (presumably
> shorter) that works on a GT6?
>
> Thanks, Joel...
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--00000000000090a03c06002ead84
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Look up Wix 51348, should be all dimensions the same, but=
 about 1.4&quot; inches shorter.=C2=A0 Lots of options if you search the Wi=
x site by thread size=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"https://www.wixfilt=
ers.com/Lookup/FilterBySize.aspx?catid=3D3&amp;styleid=3D7">https://www.wix=
filters.com/Lookup/FilterBySize.aspx?catid=3D3&amp;styleid=3D7</a><br></div=
><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Greg Lemon</div><div dir=3D"=
auto">TR250</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" clas=
s=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Jul 10, 2023, 9:34 PM Joel Justin &lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">j_bar_j@hot=
mail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D=
"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
</div>
<div id=3D"m_5549233790943995750m_-677879242016159440divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"=
ltr" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife&#39;s GT6, but quickly=
 learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the GT6=
 frame location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number (presumably sho=
rter) that works on a GT6?</div>
<div id=3D"m_5549233790943995750m_-677879242016159440divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"=
ltr" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
Thanks, Joel...</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
errer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/t=
riumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer=
 noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><b=
r>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br=
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000090a03c06002ead84--

--===============7689794171402610696==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7689794171402610696==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 02:42:45 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2213201906565653616==
 boundary="------------rNeXebIYQ7nGeR9ZE9FSpYbk"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------rNeXebIYQ7nGeR9ZE9FSpYbk
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

blue thread lock would seal, but is not heat stable.
Clean the threads and a smear of RED RTV will seal the threads and can 
be broken loose readily at a later date

On 7/10/2023 6:10 PM, Joel Justin wrote:
> I've always had a small oil leak (haven't we all!) from the back of my 
> TR4 block. I always assumed it was the rear main seal. But after 
> removing my gearbox  to address an issue with it, I discovered the 
> rear main seal area was bone dry, but instead the lead was coming from 
> the rear oil gallery plug. It's a threaded aluminum plug that I've 
> always sealed with Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket. Apparently that's 
> not an adequate sealer doe this application. What have people found 
> that works? I don't want a thread locker seal solution as I do want 
> the ability to remove this seal later if needed
>
> Thanks, Joel...
>
>
>

--------------rNeXebIYQ7nGeR9ZE9FSpYbk
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>blue thread lock would seal, but is not heat stable.<br>
      Clean the threads and a smear of RED RTV will seal the threads and
      can be broken loose readily at a later date</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/10/2023 6:10 PM, Joel Justin
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="elementToProof">
        I've always had a small oil leak (haven't we all!) from the back
        of my TR4 block. I always assumed it was the rear main seal. But
        after removing my gearbox  to address an issue with it, I
        discovered the rear main seal area was bone dry, but instead the
        lead was coming from the rear oil gallery plug. It's a threaded
        aluminum plug that I've always sealed with Permatex Aviation
        Form-A-Gasket. Apparently that's not an adequate sealer doe this
        application. What have people found that works? I don't want a
        thread locker seal solution as I do want the ability to remove
        this seal later if needed</div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="elementToProof">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="elementToProof">
        Thanks, Joel...</div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="elementToProof">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 14pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="elementToProof">
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
    </blockquote>

--------------rNeXebIYQ7nGeR9ZE9FSpYbk--

--===============2213201906565653616==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2213201906565653616==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 11:45:50 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5338436051625486871==
	boundary="----=_Part_2444295_1998521267.1689075950985"

------=_Part_2444295_1998521267.1689075950985
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I use the Motorcraft FL400 on my TR6 but I had to angle it slightly forward=
 to clear the clutch slave cylinder but I don't think this filter is much s=
horter than your WIX.

Dave=20

=20

    On Monday, July 10, 2023 at 09:36:58 PM CDT, Joel Justin <j_bar_j@hotma=
il.com> wrote: =20
=20
 I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly le=
arned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the GT6 fr=
ame location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number (presumably shorte=
r) that works on a GT6?
Thanks, Joel...

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs=C2=A0 http://www.team.net/a=
rchive

[email-masked]
 =20
------=_Part_2444295_1998521267.1689075950985
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="ydp6c1b8dd7yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I use the Motorcraft FL400 on my TR6 but I had to angle it slightly forward to clear the clutch slave cylinder but I don't think this filter is much shorter than your WIX.<br></div><div><br></div><div class="ydp6c1b8dd7signature"><div style="color: black; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12pt; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size-adjust: none;"><div style="color: black; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12pt; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size-adjust: none;"><div><font size="4">Dave <br></font></div><div><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><br></span></div><br></div></div></div></div>
        <div><br></div><div><br></div>
        
        </div><div id="ydp18902006yahoo_quoted_9718793793" class="ydp18902006yahoo_quoted">
            <div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
                
                <div>
                    On Monday, July 10, 2023 at 09:36:58 PM CDT, Joel Justin &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div id="ydp18902006yiv2798795732"><div dir="ltr">
<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="ydp18902006yiv2798795732elementToProof">
</div>
<div dir="ltr" id="ydp18902006yiv2798795732divRplyFwdMsg" style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="ydp18902006yiv2798795732elementToProof">
I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the GT6 frame location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number (presumably shorter) that works on a GT6?</div>
<div id="ydp18902006yiv2798795732yqtfd36319" class="ydp18902006yiv2798795732yqt0278520119"><div dir="ltr" id="ydp18902006yiv2798795732divRplyFwdMsg" style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="ydp18902006yiv2798795732elementToProof">
<br clear="none">
</div>
<div dir="ltr">
<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="ydp18902006yiv2798795732x_elementToProof">
Thanks, Joel...</div>
<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="ydp18902006yiv2798795732x_elementToProof">
<br clear="none">
</div>
<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="ydp18902006yiv2798795732x_elementToProof">
<br clear="none">
</div>
</div>
</div></div></div><div class="ydp18902006yqt0278520119" id="ydp18902006yqtfd67640">** <a shape="rect" href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br clear="none"><br clear="none">Donate: <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear="none">Archive: <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape="rect" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></body></html>
------=_Part_2444295_1998521267.1689075950985--

--===============5338436051625486871==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5338436051625486871==--

---

From: Joel Justin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:31:20 +0000

--_007_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
	boundary="_000_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_"

--_000_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks everyone for the responses. I thought I'd share my research and conc=
lusion.

The WIX filter finder is actually very good. You can key on any parameter (=
thread diameter and pitch in my case, =BE-16) then sort by any other attrib=
ute. I used Gasket ID. Since I knew a 51516 (4.8" long) fit the adapter, bu=
t was too long, I used its gasket info. As others suggested, the 51348 (3.4=
" long) and the 51056 (2.7" long) were the best alternatives. So, I ordered=
 both. The attached (I hope they come thru) photos show the comparison.

Note that while you can see the 51516 installed, I can't do that without ro=
tating the housing to be able to get the filter on and off. That's why it's=
 not an option. The 51348 requires a steeper housing angle than the 51056, =
which means more spillage when changing, but it has more capacity and I can=
 get it in an XP which has about twice the filtration. Since I'm going to l=
ikely spill some regardless, I've decided on the 51348XP.

Thanks, Joel Justin...

From: Joel Justin <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2023 3:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] GT6 Mk3 Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter...

Thanks, Joel...

--_000_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D"word-wrap:=
break-word">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">Thanks everyone for=
 the responses. I thought I&#8217;d share my research and conclusion.<o:p><=
/o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">The WIX filter find=
er is actually very good. You can key on any parameter (thread diameter and=
 pitch in my case, =BE-16) then sort by any other attribute. I used Gasket =
ID. Since I knew a 51516 (4.8&#8221; long) fit
 the adapter, but was too long, I used its gasket info. As others suggested=
, the 51348 (3.4&#8221; long) and the 51056 (2.7&#8221; long) were the best=
 alternatives. So, I ordered both. The attached (I hope they come thru) pho=
tos show the comparison.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">Note that while you=
 can see the 51516 installed, I can&#8217;t do that without rotating the ho=
using to be able to get the filter on and off. That&#8217;s why it&#8217;s =
not an option. The 51348 requires a steeper housing angle
 than the 51056, which means more spillage when changing, but it has more c=
apacity and I can get it in an XP which has about twice the filtration. Sin=
ce I&#8217;m going to likely spill some regardless, I&#8217;ve decided on t=
he 51348XP.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt">Thanks, Joel Justin=
&#8230;<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
span></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></=
span></p>
<div>
<div style=3D"border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Joel Justin &lt;[email-masked]&gt;=
 <br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, July 10, 2023 3:15 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [TR] GT6 Mk3 Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter...<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt;color:black">I purch=
ased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly learned th=
at the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the GT6 frame loca=
tion. Does anyone have an oil filter
 make/number (presumably shorter) that works on a GT6?<o:p></o:p></span></p=
</div>
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt;color:black"><o:p>&n=
bsp;</o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt;color:black">Thanks,=
 Joel...<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt;color:black"><o:p>&n=
bsp;</o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:14.0pt;color:black"><o:p>&n=
bsp;</o:p></span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_--

--_007_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Description: 51056.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="51056.jpg"; size=447747;
	creation-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:30:46 GMT";
	modification-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:31:17 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_007_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Description: 51348.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="51348.jpg"; size=445491;
	creation-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:30:48 GMT";
	modification-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:31:17 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_007_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Description: 51516.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="51516.jpg"; size=454643;
	creation-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:30:51 GMT";
	modification-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:31:18 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_007_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Description: Comparison.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Comparison.jpg"; size=370720;
	creation-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:30:55 GMT";
	modification-date="Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:31:18 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_007_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--_007_BYAPR10MB2776DDAADE86ABA07589A6F2BE35ABYAPR10MB2776namp_--

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 05:06:24 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1432001104369216532==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D9B6DA.1A801E30"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D9B6DA.1A801E30
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Also, don=92t forget that Wix filters are available through the NAPA =
system =96
just drop the first digit. Wix, through their =93Gard Corporation=94, =
makes
filters for NAPA.

=20

Alex Thomson

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Joel
Justin
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2023 9:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] GT6 Mk3 Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter...

=20

Thanks everyone for the responses. I thought I=92d share my research and
conclusion.

=20

The WIX filter finder is actually very good. You can key on any =
parameter
(thread diameter and pitch in my case, =BE-16) then sort by any other
attribute. I used Gasket ID. Since I knew a 51516 (4.8=94 long) fit the
adapter, but was too long, I used its gasket info. As others suggested, =
the
51348 (3.4=94 long) and the 51056 (2.7=94 long) were the best =
alternatives. So,
I ordered both. The attached (I hope they come thru) photos show the
comparison.

=20

Note that while you can see the 51516 installed, I can=92t do that =
without
rotating the housing to be able to get the filter on and off. That=92s =
why
it=92s not an option. The 51348 requires a steeper housing angle than =
the
51056, which means more spillage when changing, but it has more capacity =
and
I can get it in an XP which has about twice the filtration. Since I=92m =
going
to likely spill some regardless, I=92ve decided on the 51348XP.

=20

Thanks, Joel Justin=85

=20

=20

From: Joel Justin <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2023 3:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] GT6 Mk3 Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter...

=20

I purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly
learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the =
GT6
frame location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number (presumably
shorter) that works on a GT6?

=20

Thanks, Joel...

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D9B6DA.1A801E30
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta name=3DGenerator =
content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Also, don&#8217;t forget that Wix filters are =
available through the NAPA system &#8211; just drop the first digit. =
Wix, through their &#8220;Gard Corporation&#8221;, makes filters for =
NAPA.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Alex =
Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Joel Justin<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, July 14, 2023 9:31 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] GT6 =
Mk3 Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter...<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>Thanks everyone for the responses. I thought =
I&#8217;d share my research and conclusion.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>The WIX filter finder =
is actually very good. You can key on any parameter (thread diameter and =
pitch in my case, =BE-16) then sort by any other attribute. I used =
Gasket ID. Since I knew a 51516 (4.8&#8221; long) fit the adapter, but =
was too long, I used its gasket info. As others suggested, the 51348 =
(3.4&#8221; long) and the 51056 (2.7&#8221; long) were the best =
alternatives. So, I ordered both. The attached (I hope they come thru) =
photos show the comparison.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>Note that while you =
can see the 51516 installed, I can&#8217;t do that without rotating the =
housing to be able to get the filter on and off. That&#8217;s why =
it&#8217;s not an option. The 51348 requires a steeper housing angle =
than the 51056, which means more spillage when changing, but it has more =
capacity and I can get it in an XP which has about twice the filtration. =
Since I&#8217;m going to likely spill some regardless, I&#8217;ve =
decided on the 51348XP.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>Thanks, Joel =
Justin&#8230;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Joel Justin =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, July 10, 2023 3:15 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] GT6 Mk3 =
Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter...<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div id=3DdivRplyFwdMsg><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;color:black'>I =
purchased a spin-on oil filter adapter for my wife's GT6, but quickly =
learned that the standard WIX (51516) oil filter is too long given the =
GT6 frame location. Does anyone have an oil filter make/number =
(presumably shorter) that works on a =
GT6?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div id=3DdivRplyFwdMsg><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;color:black'>Thanks, =
Joel...<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
</div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D9B6DA.1A801E30--

--===============1432001104369216532==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1432001104369216532==--

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 19:50:56 -0400

--===============5622842491857224935==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9B8E8.01C213C0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9B8E8.01C213C0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

We had a =9271 GT6 on which a previous owner had installed a remote =
filter
along with an oil cooler. I just can=92t remember what the element =
number was
without going through a file folder. The filter housing was located in =
front
of the left front wheel suspension.

=20

Alex T.

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

Thanks, Joel Justin=85

=20

=20

=20

=20

Thanks, Joel...

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9B8E8.01C213C0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

style=3D'color:#1F497D'>We had a &#8217;71 GT6 on which a previous owner =
had installed a remote filter along with an oil cooler. I just =
can&#8217;t remember what the element number was without going through a =
file folder. The filter housing was located in front of the left front =
wheel suspension.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
T.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
------=_NextPart_000_0074_01D9B8E8.01C213C0--

--===============5622842491857224935==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5622842491857224935==--