Subject: [TR] Fwd: [Fot] JK Jackson 1939 - 2023

From: Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:16:05 -0600

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Fot] JK Jackson   1939 - 2023
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 06:53:44 -0400
From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

The go-fast Triumph fraternity lost an important member last Sunday, JK 
Jackson had died.

I was lucky enough to meet JK very early in my racing exploits, and he 
took pity on my attempts to field a TR4 that was in a pitiful state. His 
guidance some twenty years ago was key to my climbing the curve from 
neophyte to racer. He was always willing to offer advice, and if you 
followed his advice to the letter the outcome was usually positive. If 
it didn't turn out as expected, I know I screwed something up! It was JK 
who explained to me how to build a big chassis Triumph gearbox that goes 
the distance, his techniques worked back then and I still use his 
formula on every gearbox I build.

As I stand in front of my parts washer working the dirty parts, I still 
think is this clean, or is it JK clean...

RIP, my friend.

Henry Frye

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive