Subject: [TR] Stainless Steel

From: Alex Levy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 21:20:22 -0400

I have come across several items that were supposed to be solid stainless steel, but they were regular steel plated with stainless steel. The last one was my Chinese replacement cooking grill for my propane grill. 

Also, many grades of steel are mildly to strongly magnetic. Beware. 

Alex

Sent from my iPhone
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 19:08:38 -0600

Sorry Alex,

You may want to do some fact checking.  There is no grade for "solid stainless steel".

I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over mild steel technology exists a of
yet.   Plating is electrolysis, and the mild steel will only attract specific molecules similar to
mild steel.  You can copper plate mild steel because there are similar molecules, when then allows
either chromium to be plated or for triple plate, nickel plate and then chromium.

Stainless steel comes in different grades, some grades of stainless steel are indeed magnetic
depending on the amount of ferric used in the recipe.  

Stainless comes in dozens of different types and chemical compositions selected for its application
and environment use.  Just because it is stainless steel does not mean it is a grade or composition
that isn't magnetic or completely corrosion resistant.

Unless the specific grade of stainless is specified for the product manufacture, any grade of
stainless steel might be used, and manufacturers might advertise stainless steel and not specify
what type.  Without specifying what type, you have no idea what corrosion properties to expect.

Glenn aka StagByTriumph Garage

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Alex Levy
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 7:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Stainless Steel

I have come across several items that were supposed to be solid stainless steel, but they were
regular steel plated with stainless steel. The last one was my Chinese replacement cooking grill for
my propane grill. 

Alex

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 18:28:39 -0700

On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> yet.

"Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless 
steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless 
steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The gloss of bumper 
is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper are cover by 3 
painted layers to protect the bumper from the bad weather and chemicals 
elements."

They plate them somehow.

---

From: Patrick Baize <[email-masked]> X349QjBDXzSZioQMcYa67CYLvj2q0BdYM7OHUvtIveb8iwV/REX/gMHHLFVHlJzu2ZAHk+aDYyDu2A==
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 21:37:20 -0500

ask what country of manufacture

On 5/13/2023 8:28 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:
> "Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in 
> stainless steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of 100% 
> stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The 
> gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper 
> are cover by 3 painted layers to protect the bumper from the bad 
> weather and chemicals elements."
>
> They plate them somehow.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com
** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Stan Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 02:39:09 +0000

ChatGPT confirms:

Yes, it is possible to plate steel with stainless steel. This process is known as electroplating or galvanization and involves depositing a thin layer of stainless steel onto the surface of the steel through an electrolytic process.

In this process, the steel is first cleaned and then placed in an electrolytic bath with a solution containing the ions of the stainless steel. An electric current is then passed through the solution, causing the ions to be deposited onto the surface of the steel.

The resulting plated steel will have the corrosion-resistant properties of stainless steel, which can be beneficial for applications where the steel will be exposed to harsh environments or corrosive substances.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 9:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over 
> mild steel technology exists a of yet.

"Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper are cover by 3 painted layers to protect the bumper from the bad weather and chemicals elements."

They plate them somehow.

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 21:05:58 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1963618177049017861==
 boundary="------------5mPFvGLYLvF8j2fE8kc7vRf2"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5mPFvGLYLvF8j2fE8kc7vRf2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

> ask what country of manufacture
For the PTT stainless coated bumper, Vietnam.
>> gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of 
>> bumper are cover by 3 painted layers to protect the bumper from the 
>> bad weather and chemicals elements."
>>
>> They plate them somehow.
>>

-- 

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and 
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------5mPFvGLYLvF8j2fE8kc7vRf2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/13/23 7:37 PM, Patrick Baize
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">ask
      what country of manufacture
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    For the PTT stainless coated bumper, Vietnam.<br>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <br>
      On 5/13/2023 8:28 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:
      <br>
      <blockquote type="cite">On 5/13/23 6:08 PM,
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:
        <br>
        <blockquote type="cite">Sorry Alex,
          <br>
          <br>
          You may want to do some fact checking.  There is no grade for
          "solid stainless steel".
          <br>
          <br>
          I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating
          over mild steel technology exists a of
          <br>
          yet.
          <br>
        </blockquote>
        <br>
        "Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in
        stainless steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of
        100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand
        polished. The gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and
        the backside of bumper are cover by 3 painted layers to protect
        the bumper from the bad weather and chemicals elements."
        <br>
        <br>
        They plate them somehow.
        <br>
        <br>
        ** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **
        <br>
        <br>
        Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
        <br>
        Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
        <br>
        <br>
        Unsubscribe/Manage:
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
        <br>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------5mPFvGLYLvF8j2fE8kc7vRf2--

--===============1963618177049017861==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1963618177049017861==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 12:24:21 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7114992342070235117==
	boundary="----=_Part_757592_648077884.1684067061086"

------=_Part_757592_648077884.1684067061086
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 McMaster-Carr has a nice concise overview primer on various materials, inc=
luding Stainless Steel.
https://www.mcmaster.com/products/about-stainless-steel/
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
To: 'Alex Levy' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Sent: Sat, May 13, 2023 8:08 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

Sorry Alex,

You may want to do some fact checking.=C2=A0 There is no grade for "solid s=
tainless steel".

I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over mild ste=
el technology exists a of
yet.=C2=A0 Plating is electrolysis, and the mild steel will only attract sp=
ecific molecules similar to
mild steel.=C2=A0 You can copper plate mild steel because there are similar=
 molecules, when then allows
either chromium to be plated or for triple plate, nickel plate and then chr=
omium.

Stainless steel comes in different grades, some grades of stainless steel a=
re indeed magnetic
depending on the amount of ferric used in the recipe.=C2=A0=20

Stainless comes in dozens of different types and chemical compositions sele=
cted for its application
and environment use.=C2=A0 Just because it is stainless steel does not mean=
 it is a grade or composition
that isn't magnetic or completely corrosion resistant.

Unless the specific grade of stainless is specified for the product manufac=
ture, any grade of
stainless steel might be used, and manufacturers might advertise stainless =
steel and not specify
what type.=C2=A0 Without specifying what type, you have no idea what corros=
ion properties to expect.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Alex Levy
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 7:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Stainless Steel

I have come across several items that were supposed to be solid stainless s=
teel, but they were
regular steel plated with stainless steel. The last one was my Chinese repl=
acement cooking grill for
my propane grill.=20

Also, many grades of steel are mildly to strongly magnetic. Beware.=20

Alex

Sent from my iPhone

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs=C2=A0 http://www.team.net/a=
rchive

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs=C2=A0 http://www.team.net/a=
rchive

[email-masked]

------=_Part_757592_648077884.1684067061086
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">McMaster-Carr has a nice concise overview primer on various materials, including Stainless Steel.</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3">https://www.mcmaster.com/products/about-stainless-steel/<br>
</font></div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div><font size="4">Dave <br>
</font></div>

<div><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><br>
</span></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: [email-masked]<br>
To: 'Alex Levy' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked]<br>
Sent: Sat, May 13, 2023 8:08 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel<br>
<br>

<div dir="ltr">Sorry Alex,<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">You may want to do some fact checking.&nbsp; There is no grade for "solid stainless steel".<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over mild steel technology exists a of<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">yet.&nbsp;  Plating is electrolysis, and the mild steel will only attract specific molecules similar to<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">mild steel.&nbsp; You can copper plate mild steel because there are similar molecules, when then allows<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">either chromium to be plated or for triple plate, nickel plate and then chromium.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Stainless steel comes in different grades, some grades of stainless steel are indeed magnetic<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">depending on the amount of ferric used in the recipe.&nbsp; <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Stainless comes in dozens of different types and chemical compositions selected for its application<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">and environment use.&nbsp; Just because it is stainless steel does not mean it is a grade or composition<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">that isn't magnetic or completely corrosion resistant.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Unless the specific grade of stainless is specified for the product manufacture, any grade of<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">stainless steel might be used, and manufacturers might advertise stainless steel and not specify<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">what type.&nbsp; Without specifying what type, you have no idea what corrosion properties to expect.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Glenn aka StagByTriumph Garage<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">-----Original Message-----<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">From: Triumphs &lt;<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; On Behalf Of Alex Levy<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 7:20 PM<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">To: <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Subject: [TR] Stainless Steel<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">I have come across several items that were supposed to be solid stainless steel, but they were<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">regular steel plated with stainless steel. The last one was my Chinese replacement cooking grill for<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">my propane grill. <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Also, many grades of steel are mildly to strongly magnetic. Beware. <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Alex<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Sent from my iPhone<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_757592_648077884.1684067061086--

--===============7114992342070235117==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7114992342070235117==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 12:35:25 +0000 (UTC)

--===============8809530341400436039==
	boundary="----=_Part_1969832_1889498404.1684067725141"

------=_Part_1969832_1889498404.1684067725141
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 They make stainless pots and pans with aluminum inserts.=C2=A0 These are f=
orged together using various processes.=C2=A0 It is possible that they are =
forging flat plates of stainless and mild steel and then punching and formi=
ng bumpers out of that sandwich.=C2=A0 Stainless steel has a reputation of =
being difficult to machine and this may explain why they would go to the tr=
ouble of forging a thin layer or stainless on a more easily machinable soft=
 steel.
On the other hand, they say "100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5=
mm"=C2=A0=C2=A0 If that were the case why paint the inside with three coats=
 of paint?=C2=A0 Me thinks they are lying.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Sat, May 13, 2023 8:28 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Sorry Alex,
>
> You may want to do some fact checking.=C2=A0 There is no grade for "solid=
 stainless steel".
>
> I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over mild s=
teel technology exists a of
> yet.

"Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless=20
steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless=20
steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The gloss of bumper=20
is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper are cover by 3=20
painted layers to protect the bumper from the bad weather and chemicals=20
elements."

They plate them somehow.

[email-masked]

------=_Part_1969832_1889498404.1684067725141
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div style=3D"color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size=3D"3">They make stainless pots and pans with aluminum inse=
rts.&nbsp; These are forged together using various processes.&nbsp; It is p=
ossible that they are forging flat plates of stainless and mild steel and t=
hen punching and forming bumpers out of that sandwich.&nbsp; Stainless stee=
l has a reputation of being difficult to machine and this may explain why t=
hey would go to the trouble of forging a thin layer or stainless on a more =
easily machinable soft steel.</font></div>

<div><font size=3D"3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size=3D"3">On the other hand, they say "</font><font size=3D"2">=
100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm</font><font size=3D"3">"&n=
bsp;&nbsp; If that were the case why paint the inside with three coats of p=
aint?&nbsp; Me thinks they are lying.<br>
</font></div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style=3D"clear:both">
<div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div><font size=3D"4">Dave <br>
</font></div>

<div><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><=
br>
</span></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font=
 size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Sent: Sat, May 13, 2023 8:28 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel<br>
<br>

<div dir=3D"ltr">On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, <a shape=3D"rect" ymailto=3D"mailto:st=
[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:stagbytriumph@triumphstagcl=
ub.org">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br clear=3D"none">&gt;=
 Sorry Alex,<br clear=3D"none">&gt;<br clear=3D"none">&gt; You may want to =
do some fact checking.&nbsp; There is no grade for "solid stainless steel".=
<br clear=3D"none">&gt;<br clear=3D"none">&gt; I do not believe a stainless=
-steel plating exists for plating over mild steel technology exists a of<br=
 clear=3D"none">&gt; yet.<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">"Welcome to =
PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless <br clear=3D"no=
ne">steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless <b=
r clear=3D"none">steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The g=
loss of bumper <br clear=3D"none">is shiny like mirror polish and the backs=
ide of bumper are cover by 3 <br clear=3D"none">painted layers to protect t=
he bumper from the bad weather and chemicals <br clear=3D"none">elements."<=
br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">They plate them somehow.
<div class=3D"yqt1040809149" id=3D"yqtfd88757"><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=
=3D"none">** <a shape=3D"rect" ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br cl=
ear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Donate: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://ww=
w.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br clear=3D"none">Archive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net=
/pipermail/triumphs" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triump=
hs</a>&nbsp; <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"=
none">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/m=
ailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none">=
</div>
</div>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_1969832_1889498404.1684067725141--

--===============8809530341400436039==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8809530341400436039==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 06:17:12 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8742039417204751627==
 boundary="------------xW5EPXVqZdM8R4nKtKkOUzl9"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------xW5EPXVqZdM8R4nKtKkOUzl9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

What is flaking off my bumper as I go over the rust with steel wool is 
about the same thickness as chrome plating.  think the question to ask a 
manufacturer is if the bumper is 100% stainless steel or is it plated on 
the front. And to look at the back to see if it is painted or unpolished 
steel.

TeriAnn

On 5/14/23 5:35 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:
> They make stainless pots and pans with aluminum inserts.  These are 
> forged together using various processes.  It is possible that they are 
> forging flat plates of stainless and mild steel and then punching and 
> forming bumpers out of that sandwich.  Stainless steel has a 
> reputation of being difficult to machine and this may explain why they 
> would go to the trouble of forging a thin layer or stainless on a more 
> easily machinable soft steel.
>
> On the other hand, they say "100% stainless steel grade 304 , 
> thickness 1.5mm"   If that were the case why paint the inside with 
> three coats of paint?  Me thinks they are lying.
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 

--------------xW5EPXVqZdM8R4nKtKkOUzl9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">What is flaking off my bumper as I go
      over the rust with steel wool is about the same thickness as
      chrome plating.  think the question to ask a manufacturer is if
      the bumper is 100% stainless steel or is it plated on the front.
      And to look at the back to see if it is painted or unpolished
      steel.<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">TeriAnn<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/14/23 5:35 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
        <div> <font size="3">They make stainless pots and pans with
            aluminum inserts.  These are forged together using various
            processes.  It is possible that they are forging flat plates
            of stainless and mild steel and then punching and forming
            bumpers out of that sandwich.  Stainless steel has a
            reputation of being difficult to machine and this may
            explain why they would go to the trouble of forging a thin
            layer or stainless on a more easily machinable soft steel.</font></div>
        <div><font size="3"><br>
          </font></div>
        <div><font size="3">On the other hand, they say "</font><font
            size="2">100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm</font><font
            size="3">"   If that were the case why paint the inside with
            three coats of paint?  Me thinks they are lying.<br>
          </font></div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div style="clear:both">
          <div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica,
            sans-serif;">
            <div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica,
              sans-serif;">
              <div><font size="4">Dave <br>
                </font></div>
              <div><span
                  style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><br>
                </span></div>
              <br>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div
          style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
            size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
            From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
            To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
            Sent: Sat, May 13, 2023 8:28 pm<br>
            Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel<br>
            <br>
            <div dir="ltr">On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, <a shape="rect"
                ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>
              wrote:<br clear="none">
              &gt; Sorry Alex,<br clear="none">
              &gt;<br clear="none">
              &gt; You may want to do some fact checking.  There is no
              grade for "solid stainless steel".<br clear="none">
              &gt;<br clear="none">
              &gt; I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for
              plating over mild steel technology exists a of<br
                clear="none">
              &gt; yet.<br clear="none">
              <br clear="none">
              "Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing
              in stainless <br clear="none">
              steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of 100%
              stainless <br clear="none">
              steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The
              gloss of bumper <br clear="none">
              is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper are
              cover by 3 <br clear="none">
              painted layers to protect the bumper from the bad weather
              and chemicals <br clear="none">
              elements."<br clear="none">
              <br clear="none">
              They plate them somehow.
              <div class="yqt1040809149" id="yqtfd88757"><br
                  clear="none">
                <br clear="none">
                ** <a shape="rect"
                  ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>
                **<br clear="none">
                <br clear="none">
                Donate: <a shape="rect"
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                  clear="none">
                Archive: <a shape="rect"
                  href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
                <a shape="rect" href="http://www.team.net/archive"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br
                  clear="none">
                <br clear="none">
                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape="rect"
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br
                  clear="none">
              </div>
            </div>
          </font></div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------xW5EPXVqZdM8R4nKtKkOUzl9--

--===============8742039417204751627==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8742039417204751627==--

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 09:04:04 -0500

--===============5451159095863962993==

--000000000000361c1a05fba7d04a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Years ago (perhaps still) there was some video on YouTube showing one of
the Vietnamese workshops making stainless steel bumpers.  It was a bunch of
Geppettos banging them out by hand in a courtyard more than a factory with
machine tooling.

My guess for why the back side is heavily painted is to hide the
handworking marks that are polished out of the front side.

TeriAnn, your 2008 bumpers sound like chrome plated carbon steel, not
polished stainless.  The idea of some amalgam of stainless and carbon
steels to save money doesn't square with the cottage/craft industry that
makes these, AFAIK.

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 8:50=E2=80=AFAM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman@gmail=
.com>
wrote:

> They make stainless pots and pans with aluminum inserts.  These are forge=
d
> together using various processes.  It is possible that they are forging
> flat plates of stainless and mild steel and then punching and forming
> bumpers out of that sandwich.  Stainless steel has a reputation of being
> difficult to machine and this may explain why they would go to the troubl=
e
> of forging a thin layer or stainless on a more easily machinable soft ste=
el.
>
> On the other hand, they say "100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness
> 1.5mm"   If that were the case why paint the inside with three coats of
> paint?  Me thinks they are lying.
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
> From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
> 2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to writ=
e
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000361c1a05fba7d04a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Yea=
rs ago (perhaps still) there was some video on YouTube showing one of the V=
ietnamese workshops making stainless steel bumpers.=C2=A0 It was a bunch of=
 Geppettos banging them out by hand=C2=A0in a courtyard more than a factory=
 with machine tooling.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size=
:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">My=
 guess for why the back side is heavily painted is to hide the handworking =
marks that are polished out of the front side.</div><div class=3D"gmail_def=
ault" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"font-size:small">TeriAnn, your 2008 bumpers sound like chrome plated c=
arbon steel, not polished stainless.=C2=A0 The idea of some amalgam of stai=
nless and carbon steels to save money doesn&#39;t square with the cottage/c=
raft industry that makes these, AFAIK.</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_q=
uote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 8:50=E2=
=80=AFAM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">tjwa=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" s=
tyle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pad=
ding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    <div>What is flaking off my bumper as I go
      over the rust with steel wool is about the same thickness as
      chrome plating.=C2=A0 think the question to ask a manufacturer is if
      the bumper is 100% stainless steel or is it plated on the front.
      And to look at the back to see if it is painted or unpolished
      steel.<br>
    </div>
    <div><br>
    </div>
    <div>TeriAnn<br>
    </div>
    <div><br>
    </div>
    <div>On 5/14/23 5:35 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
        <div> <font size=3D"3">They make stainless pots and pans with
            aluminum inserts.=C2=A0 These are forged together using various
            processes.=C2=A0 It is possible that they are forging flat plat=
es
            of stainless and mild steel and then punching and forming
            bumpers out of that sandwich.=C2=A0 Stainless steel has a
            reputation of being difficult to machine and this may
            explain why they would go to the trouble of forging a thin
            layer or stainless on a more easily machinable soft steel.</fon=
t></div>
        <div><font size=3D"3"><br>
          </font></div>
        <div><font size=3D"3">On the other hand, they say &quot;</font><fon=
t size=3D"2">100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm</font><font s=
ize=3D"3">&quot;=C2=A0=C2=A0 If that were the case why paint the inside wit=
h
            three coats of paint?=C2=A0 Me thinks they are lying.<br>
          </font></div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div style=3D"clear:both">
          <div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
            <div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"=
              <div><font size=3D"4">Dave <br>
                </font></div>
              <div><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;col=
or:black"><br>
                </span></div>
              <br>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:blac=
k"><font size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
            From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
 target=3D"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
            To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank=
">[email-masked]</a><br>
            Sent: Sat, May 13, 2023 8:28 pm<br>
            Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel<br>
            <br>
            <div dir=3D"ltr">On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"=
mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">stagbytriumph@t=
riumphstagclub.org</a>
              wrote:<br clear=3D"none">
              &gt; Sorry Alex,<br clear=3D"none">
              &gt;<br clear=3D"none">
              &gt; You may want to do some fact checking.=C2=A0 There is no
              grade for &quot;solid stainless steel&quot;.<br clear=3D"none=
">
              &gt;<br clear=3D"none">
              &gt; I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for
              plating over mild steel technology exists a of<br clear=3D"no=
ne">
              &gt; yet.<br clear=3D"none">
              <br clear=3D"none">
              &quot;Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturi=
ng
              in stainless <br clear=3D"none">
              steel bumpers for classic car. Our bumper are made of 100%
              stainless <br clear=3D"none">
              steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The
              gloss of bumper <br clear=3D"none">
              is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper are
              cover by 3 <br clear=3D"none">
              painted layers to protect the bumper from the bad weather
              and chemicals <br clear=3D"none">
              elements.&quot;<br clear=3D"none">
              <br clear=3D"none">
              They plate them somehow.
              <div id=3D"m_-5357839319509622916yqtfd88757"><br clear=3D"non=
e">
                <br clear=3D"none">
                ** <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>
                **<br clear=3D"none">
                <br clear=3D"none">
                Donate: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donat=
e.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear=3D"n=
one">
                Archive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipe=
rmail/triumphs" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a=
>=C2=A0
                <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br clear=3D"none">
                <br clear=3D"none">
                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br clear=
=3D"none">
              </div>
            </div>
          </font></div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div>-- <br>
      <p align=3D"center"><a href=3D"http://overlandtravel.us" target=3D"_b=
lank">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </div>

** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">triumphs@au=
tox.team.net</a> **<br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000361c1a05fba7d04a--

--===============5451159095863962993==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5451159095863962993==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 13:40:58 -0600

Wooo HOOOO, the ChatGPT fact checker!!  

Go right ahead and believe the output of ChatGPT Ai all you want,  but nobody should consider
ChatGPT AI a fact checker (see its disclaimer) by any means.
 If you really want to go there, definitely make sure your doctor uses ChatGPT Ai to write your
prescription and guide the cancer surgeon to cure you on your next doctor visit too. (Read the
ChatGPT disclaimers)

The Science:  
Although stainless steel plating "may be possible", it is "not economically feasible" nor "complete
properties transfer", BECAUSE the technology has not been yet developed to take something like mild
steel or pot metal and plate it in "stainless" BECAUSE the molecular transfer - the electrolysis
does not transfer all the properties (ions) of stainless properties to the surface of the receptor
metal.  Since the electrolysis process does not transfer ALL the stainless-steel molecular
properties content, it is not, and cannot be "stainless steel" plating BECAUSE one, stainless steel
is a grade of steel composition, and two, not all the stainless-steel properties can be transferred
using electrolysis.  

Why believe established engineering science as opposed to another all-knowing Ai deity? 
 ChatGPT is, as it has been proven in most cases, incorrect, why?  In this case, it is because
ChatGPT does not state the grade of stainless-steel plating, and that can be any grade from grade
200 to Hastelloy C276 that BTW, cannot be tested.

Using the term "solid stainless steel".  It is like saying plywood or engineered wood is solid wood
because it contains all wood products or,  that a piece of jewelry is "solid gold" when it may be
24,18,16,12 karat gold content or even "solid gold" flash plating. If you want "solid gold" as the
criteria, I have some to sell you from China.

100% and "solid" are marketing hype found only from hucksters, sales people, fraudsters and flashy
marketing claims meant to deceive.  

Caveat Emptor ya'll.

"My 'shine is 100% corn sour mash", but I add a little rice and barley and herbs to the mash for
that family secret flavor, but it's 100% corn in that mash".  Uh huh, the FDA has been playing that
% game since the day it was formed.

There are literally dozens of grades of stainless steel.  Stainless steel it is not, nor has it ever
been graded by "solid" or 100%.  Stainless steel composition is set by standards written by various
engineers to address specific hardness , wear and corrosion properties, then set to a "GRADE". 

316 stainless steel, or Hastelloy C276,  now that I can understand as being stainless steel.  100%
or Solid are meaningless.

I have spent the better part of 50 years automating control systems for all sorts of processes from
apple pealing and produce processing, semiconductors, nuclear power, Watson Ai, ultra-pure water
production to x-ray imaging and xenon gas detection, and a large part of that job was to know metals
the metals used in those machines or processes, and most times get metal composition certified from
the manufacturers process used in regulated processes like pharmaceuticals, food processing, and
nuclear power instrumentation.

There are reasons you do not want certain metals touching the food you eat or in contact with
nuclear generated steam.  
Run that one through ChatGPT Ai and see what metals leach cancer causing molecules directly into
your medicines or food and accept it as fact if you trust ChatGPT "facts" with your life.
  
And there are reasons why "stainless steel plating" is also hype, as of today at least.  I am sure
technology will advance someday to plate 308 or 316 or Hastelloy C276 onto pot metal or mild steel
and the process will be certified, but it does not exist as of the date of this email.  

I will gladly accept a show quality triple plate chrome bumper for my Triumph and it will last long
after I am gone, because its corrosion properties have been proven to last more than 50 years.  But
if it is claimed to be solid stainless or 100% stainless, I'll want to know the grade AND polish.

Here we go with another "fluif" worthless discussion.  

Another Caveat from someone who actually worked on IBM Watson speech recognition project:  Be
extremely careful how you compose OpenAi ChatGPT questions including the specific wording and
ordering and grammar in that question, you may not get the answers you expect and will then blindly
rely upon as facts.

That is because OpenAI ChatGPT is not programmed nor capable to answer your question: 

"Do you know what I mean?".  

No computer program algorithm has of yet until you attach the bio-junction connection directly into
your brain, and even then, it will probably get it wrong because some novice app programmer came up
with the algorithm.

Know what I mean?

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Stan Foster
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 8:39 PM
To: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

ChatGPT confirms:

Yes, it is possible to plate steel with stainless steel. This process is known as electroplating or
galvanization and involves depositing a thin layer of stainless steel onto the surface of the steel
through an electrolytic process.

In this process, the steel is first cleaned and then placed in an electrolytic bath with a solution
containing the ions of the stainless steel. An electric current is then passed through the solution,
causing the ions to be deposited onto the surface of the steel.

The resulting plated steel will have the corrosion-resistant properties of stainless steel, which
can be beneficial for applications where the steel will be exposed to harsh environments or
corrosive substances.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 9:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

> mild steel technology exists a of yet.

"Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless steel bumpers for classic
car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. The
gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper are cover by 3 painted layers
to protect the bumper from the bad weather and chemicals elements."

They plate them somehow.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 13:50:23 -0600

TeriAnn,

No, wrong!!  They specifically state:  "Grade 304".  

That is NOT plating, that is the composition of the steel to an international forging composition
standard that sets the amount of nickel, chromium, molybdenum and other metals used in the forge.

100% is not a grade, that is supporting the statement for 304 stainless which is the grade.  

Nowhere in their statement do they make any claim "plated" or stainless steel plated.

They do state for marketing 100% stainless steel, and engineering standard for 304 grade.

It is an engineering thang ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 7:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

They plate them somehow.

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 12:57:30 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7263422630729612589==
 boundary="------------vTDyGoySqv4M2K4G5PsoIcGq"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------vTDyGoySqv4M2K4G5PsoIcGq
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

> No, wrong!!  They specifically state:  "Grade 304".
OK, Grade 304 stainless steel 1.5 mm thick. Makes for  very thin bumper. 
But it does have 3 layers of paint on the back side to protect the bumper.
> From: Triumphs<[email-masked]>  On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
> To:[email-masked]
> On 5/13/23 6:08 PM,[email-masked]  wrote:
>> Sorry Alex,
>>
> [email-masked]  **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

-- 

--------------vTDyGoySqv4M2K4G5PsoIcGq
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/14/23 12:50 PM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">TeriAnn,

No, wrong!!  They specifically state:  "Grade 304". </pre>
    </blockquote>
    OK, Grade 304 stainless steel 1.5 mm thick. Makes for  very thin
    bumper. But it does have 3 layers of paint on the back side to
    protect the bumper.<br>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap=""> 

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 7:29 PM
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:
</pre>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Sorry Alex,

</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">

They plate them somehow.

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>

--------------vTDyGoySqv4M2K4G5PsoIcGq--

--===============7263422630729612589==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7263422630729612589==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 15:27:36 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2809065794303570736==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0009_01D98678.9E98ECC0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D98678.9E98ECC0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

TeriAnn,

=20

The thickness of hard chrome plating falls in the range of 0.0008 inch =
eight ten thousandths of an inch (0.02032 mm) (two hundredths of a =
millimeter) to 0.0015 inch (0.0381mm) but regular chrome plating is =
typically far less than the hard plating spec 0.0318 mm / 0.0015 inch =
unless the deposit is specified to be tested by a quality specification =
and measured by a precision gauge at a number of points across the =
surface.

=20

For comparison to move thicker, food wrapper aluminum foil is about =
0.04mm or about 0.0016 inch and thicker depending on its specifications =
for use which is about the thickness of paint on your car.

=20

If you take a flake of chrome plating, it will have the thickness of =
both the copper layer and the chrome layer.

=20

Now look at 1.5 mm (standard metric is 1.519mm) (1000 times thicker than =
plating) is approximately 16 gauge steel thickness or ~0.0598 inch.

=20

I think the OE bumpers were most likely 0.1046 inch (2.657mm) or one =
tenth of an inch being 12-gauge mild steel because there was some belief =
in structural safety before crumple zones.

=20

304 stainless is much harder and more durable than mild steel of the =
same thickness, certainly when pressed or hammered into the shape of the =
Triumph bumper, so 16-gauge 304 stainless steel could be justified, but =
those bumpers are most likely not DOT rated either for say a 5mph =
=E2=80=9Cbumper=E2=80=9D accident test and I will bet they have some =
disclaimer in their fine print that the bumpers are for cosmetic or show =
use.

=20

=20

=20

From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2023 1:58 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

=20

On 5/14/23 12:50 PM, [email-masked] =

TeriAnn,
=20
No, wrong!!  They specifically state:  "Grade 304".=20

OK, Grade 304 stainless steel 1.5 mm thick. Makes for  very thin bumper. =
But it does have 3 layers of paint on the back side to protect the =
bumper.

=20
=20
That is NOT plating, that is the composition of the steel to an =
international forging composition
standard that sets the amount of nickel, chromium, molybdenum and other =
metals used in the forge.
=20
100% is not a grade, that is supporting the statement for 304 stainless =
which is the grade. =20
=20
Nowhere in their statement do they make any claim "plated" or stainless =
steel plated.
=20
They do state for marketing 100% stainless steel, and engineering =
standard for 304 grade.
=20
It is an engineering thang ...
=20
Glenn aka StagByTriumph Garage
=20
-----Original Message-----
<[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel
=20
On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, [email-masked] =

Sorry Alex,
=20
You may want to do some fact checking.  There is no grade for "solid =
stainless steel".
=20
I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over=20
mild steel technology exists a of yet.

=20
"Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless =
steel bumpers for classic
car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness =
1.5mm and hand polished. The
gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper =
are cover by 3 painted layers
to protect the bumper from the bad weather and chemicals elements."
=20
They plate them somehow.
=20
=20
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =
=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/stagbytriumph@triumphstagc=
lub.org
=20

=20

--=20

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and =
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us> =20
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to =
write

Because the world beckons and life waits for no one

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D98678.9E98ECC0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>TeriAnn,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The =
thickness of hard chrome plating falls in the range of 0.0008 inch eight =
ten thousandths of an inch (0.02032 mm) (two hundredths of a millimeter) =
to 0.0015 inch (0.0381mm) but regular chrome plating is typically far =
less than the hard plating spec 0.0318 mm / 0.0015 inch unless the =
deposit is specified to be tested by a quality specification and =
measured by a precision gauge at a number of points across the =
surface.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>For comparison to move thicker, food wrapper aluminum =
foil is about 0.04mm or about 0.0016 inch and thicker depending on its =
specifications for use which is about the thickness of paint on your =
car.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If you take a flake of chrome plating, it will have =
the thickness of both the copper layer and the chrome =
layer.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Now look at 1.5 mm (standard metric is 1.519mm) (1000 =
times thicker than plating) is approximately 16 gauge steel thickness or =
~0.0598 inch.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I think the OE bumpers were most likely 0.1046 inch =
(2.657mm) or one tenth of an inch being 12-gauge mild steel because =
there was some belief in structural safety before crumple =
zones.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>304 stainless is much harder and more durable than =
mild steel of the same thickness, certainly when pressed or hammered =
into the shape of the Triumph bumper, so 16-gauge 304 stainless steel =
could be justified, but those bumpers are most likely not DOT rated =
either for say a 5mph =E2=80=9Cbumper=E2=80=9D accident test and I will =
bet they have some disclaimer in their fine print that the bumpers are =
for cosmetic or show use.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Glenn aka =
StagByTriumph Garage<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> TeriAnn J. Wakeman =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, May 14, 2023 1:58 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Stainless =
Steel<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
5/14/23 12:50 PM, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">stagbytriumph@triumphst=
agclub.org</a> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><pre>TeriAnn,<o:p></o:p></=
pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>No, wrong!!=C2=A0 They specifically =
state:=C2=A0 &quot;Grade 304&quot;. <o:p></o:p></pre></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>OK, Grade 304 stainless steel 1.5 mm thick. Makes =
for&nbsp; very thin bumper. But it does have 3 layers of paint on the =
back side to protect the bumper.<br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><pre> =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>That is NOT plating, =
that is the composition of the steel to an international forging =
composition<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>standard that sets the amount of =
nickel, chromium, molybdenum and other metals used in the =
forge.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>100% is not a =
grade, that is supporting the statement for 304 stainless which is the =
grade.=C2=A0 <o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Nowhere =
in their statement do they make any claim &quot;plated&quot; or =
stainless steel =
plated.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>They do state =
for marketing 100% stainless steel, and engineering standard for 304 =
grade.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>It is an =
engineering thang =
...<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Glenn aka =
StagByTriumph =
Garage<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>-----Original =
Message-----<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>From: Triumphs <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;triumphs-bounces@auto=
x.team.net&gt;</a> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 7:29 =
PM<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>To: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p><=
/o:p></pre><pre>Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless =
Steel<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>On 5/13/23 6:08 =
PM, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">stagbytriumph@triumphst=
agclub.org</a> wrote:<o:p></o:p></pre><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><pre>Sorry =
Alex,<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>You may want to =
do some fact checking.=C2=A0 There is no grade for &quot;solid stainless =
steel&quot;.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>I do not =
believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>mild steel technology exists a of =
yet.<o:p></o:p></pre></blockquote><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>&quot;=
Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless =
steel bumpers for classic<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>car. Our bumper are made =
of 100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. =
The<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and =
the backside of bumper are cover by 3 painted =
layers<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>to protect the bumper from the bad weather =
and chemicals =
elements.&quot;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>They =
plate them somehow.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>** =
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/stagbytriumph@triu=
mphstagclub.org">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/stagbytri=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>=
</blockquote><p><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>-- =
<o:p></o:p></p><p align=3Dcenter style=3D'text-align:center'><a =
href=3D"http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The Essential Guide to Overland =
Travel in the United States and Canada</a> <br>2 years to write and 38 =
years of travel and camping to learn what to write<br><br><b>Because the =
world beckons and life waits for no =
one</b><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D98678.9E98ECC0--

--===============2809065794303570736==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2809065794303570736==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 15:02:04 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5413403292542691037==
 boundary="------------1eYJeUtMP2ML0MM0lVRcx8Ip"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------1eYJeUtMP2ML0MM0lVRcx8Ip
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Regardless of what is deemed possible and what is not.

1. I purchased a set of bumpers off of e-bay labeled as stainless steel. 
The bumper has a slightly different colour cast than a chrome shine. 
This winter it grew a lot of rust spots. As I remember the company was 
based in Mexico. The purchase was about 14ish years ago, the rust is 
from this past winter.

2. I hit it with steel wool and saw bright metal flakes about the 
thickness I associate with chrome flakes.

3. A google search for stainless steel bumpers yielded A Vietnam company 
advertising stainless steel bumpers. 1.5mm thick stainless steel, and 
three layers of paint on the back side to protect it from the weather.

That's all I know. If it is impossible, how do they do it or are they 
lying about their process and products. I don't care about the reasons 
they could not make the products they sell. These bumpers looked good 
for about 10 years longer than new chrome bumpers I previously purchased 
and as I mentioned the colour cast was different from chrome. I didn't 
complete the rebuild of my car before I could see rust on the new chrome 
bumpers I had purchased.

TeriAnn

On 5/14/23 12:40 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Triumphs<[email-masked]>  On Behalf Of Stan Foster
> To: TeriAnn J. Wakeman<[email-masked]>;[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 

--------------1eYJeUtMP2ML0MM0lVRcx8Ip
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Regardless of what is deemed possible
      and what is not.</div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">1. I purchased a set of bumpers off of
      e-bay labeled as stainless steel. The bumper has a slightly
      different colour cast than a chrome shine. This winter it grew a
      lot of rust spots. As I remember the company was based in Mexico.
      The purchase was about 14ish years ago, the rust is from this past
      winter.<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">2. I hit it with steel wool and saw
      bright metal flakes about the thickness I associate with chrome
      flakes.</div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">3. A google search for stainless steel
      bumpers yielded A Vietnam company advertising stainless steel
      bumpers. 1.5mm thick stainless steel, and three layers of paint on
      the back side to protect it from the weather.</div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">That's all I know. If it is impossible,
      how do they do it or are they lying about their process and
      products. I don't care about the reasons they could not make the
      products they sell. These bumpers looked good for about 10 years
      longer than new chrome bumpers I previously purchased and as I
      mentioned the colour cast was different from chrome. I didn't
      complete the rebuild of my car before I could see rust on the new
      chrome bumpers I had purchased.<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">TeriAnn<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/14/23 12:40 PM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Wooo HOOOO, the ChatGPT fact checker!!  

The Science:  

Caveat Emptor ya'll.

  

Know what I mean?

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> On Behalf Of Stan Foster
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 8:39 PM
To: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>; <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

ChatGPT confirms:

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 9:29 PM
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

They plate them somehow.

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>

--------------1eYJeUtMP2ML0MM0lVRcx8Ip--

--===============5413403292542691037==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5413403292542691037==--

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 18:22:09 -0500

--===============4918957440157186312==

--0000000000001c591905fbaf9c17
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

How thick were your original bumpers, TeriAnn?  IIRC, mine were about 2mm,
so 1.5mm really isn't a lot of difference.  (Both sets are out in the
garage, so I'll confirm mine when I have a moment).

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 5:06=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman@gmail=
.com>
wrote:

> But it does have 3 layers of paint on the back side to protect the bumper=
.
>
>
>
> That is NOT plating, that is the composition of the steel to an internati=
onal forging composition
> standard that sets the amount of nickel, chromium, molybdenum and other m=
etals used in the forge.
>
> 100% is not a grade, that is supporting the statement for 304 stainless w=
hich is the grade.
>
> Nowhere in their statement do they make any claim "plated" or stainless s=
teel plated.
>
> They do state for marketing 100% stainless steel, and engineering standar=
d for 304 grade.
> From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> <triumphs-bounces@autox.=
team.net> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
> You may want to do some fact checking.  There is no grade for "solid stai=
nless steel".
> "Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless s=
teel bumpers for classic
> car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.=
5mm and hand polished. The
> gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper ar=
e cover by 3 painted layers
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/arch=
ive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/stagby=
[email-masked]
e
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--0000000000001c591905fbaf9c17
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">How=
 thick were your original bumpers, TeriAnn?=C2=A0 IIRC, mine were about 2mm=
, so 1.5mm really isn&#39;t a lot of difference.=C2=A0 (Both sets are out i=
n the garage, so I&#39;ll confirm mine when I have a moment).</div></div><b=
r><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, =
May 14, 2023 at 5:06=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tj=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px sol=
id rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    <div>On 5/14/23 12:50 PM,
      <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank=
">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
      <pre>TeriAnn,

No, wrong!!  They specifically state:  &quot;Grade 304&quot;. </pre>
    </blockquote>
    OK, Grade 304 stainless steel 1.5 mm thick. Makes for=C2=A0 very thin
    bumper. But it does have 3 layers of paint on the back side to
    protect the bumper.<br>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
      <pre>=20

That is NOT plating, that is the composition of the steel to an internation=
al forging composition
standard that sets the amount of nickel, chromium, molybdenum and other met=
als used in the forge.

100% is not a grade, that is supporting the statement for 304 stainless whi=
ch is the grade. =20

Nowhere in their statement do they make any claim &quot;plated&quot; or sta=
inless steel plated.

They do state for marketing 100% stainless steel, and engineering standard =
for 304 grade.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D=
"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J=
. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 7:29 PM
To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">triumphs@a=
utox.team.net</a>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> wrote:
</pre>
      <blockquote type=3D"cite">
        <pre>Sorry Alex,

You may want to do some fact checking.  There is no grade for &quot;solid s=
tainless steel&quot;.

I do not believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over=20
mild steel technology exists a of yet.
</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <pre>&quot;Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing =
in stainless steel bumpers for classic
car. Our bumper are made of 100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5m=
m and hand polished. The
gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and the backside of bumper are =
cover by 3 painted layers
to protect the bumper from the bad weather and chemicals elements.&quot;

They plate them somehow.

tox.team.net</a> **

//www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target=3D"_blan=
k">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

hs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div>-- <br>

--0000000000001c591905fbaf9c17--

--===============4918957440157186312==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4918957440157186312==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 20:54:00 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3829144048590774286==
 boundary="------------WfhBQmACaKlFHKKy5MaTA14m"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------WfhBQmACaKlFHKKy5MaTA14m
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Harrington the the dist for the Vietnam company.
https://groupharrington.com/brand/triumph/

(copy of one my my own emails back in 2021)

Please note thatwhile the shape of the bumpers is the same for_Spitfire 
M4, GT6 MK3 and1500_, there are two different types of number plate 
light holes in the rear bumper.

  The original rear bumper we use as pattern for reproduction has two 
bigger holes and two smaller holes for mounting one big license plate 
light frame. These holes are correct for_GT6 MK3, Spitfire Mk4 and early 
1500 models_. Later 1500 models did, however, use two separate lights 
and as such the holes are different – I am afraid that we do not supply 
the rear bumper with these holes, but should your car really be a later 
1500 model I can offer you to not pre-drill the holes so you can make 
them yourself. You can find a photo at the bottom of this email and 
confirm which type you require.

  We can have the bumpers ready for shipping within 15-20 working days 
after receipt of payment and confirmation. Shipping is with airfreight 
which only takes 3-4 days straight to your door.

  With regards to payment - we accept Paypal, Bank transfer. In case you 
decide to order, please let me know which method you prefer, I will then 
send you more details.

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

  Best Regards,

Thao

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: 
Harrington-Group-on-White <https://groupharrington.com/>

*Harrington Group Ltd/
Nguyen Huong Thao (Ms.)/*
*/Sales & Marketing Executive/*
*/_________________________/*
*T*+44121 288 1250
*E [email-masked]
*W*groupharrington.com

ptegler

On 5/14/2023 6:02 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:
> 1. I purchased a set of bumpers off of e-bay labeled as stainless 
> steel. The bumper has a slightly different colour cast than a chrome 
> shine. This winter it grew a lot of rust spots. As I remember the 
> company was based in Mexico. The purchase was about 14ish years ago, 
> the rust is from this past winter.
>
> 3. A google search for stainless steel bumpers yielded A Vietnam 
> company advertising stainless steel bumpers. 1.5mm thick stainless 
> steel, and three layers of paint on the back side to protect it from 
> the weather.
>
> for about 10 years longer than new chrome bumpers I previously 
> purchased and as I mentioned the colour cast was different from 
> chrome. I didn't complete the rebuild of my car before I could see 
> rust on the new chrome bumpers I had purchased.
>
> TeriAnn
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]   www.teglerizer.com

--------------WfhBQmACaKlFHKKy5MaTA14m
 boundary="------------K4h4F0KaQx05uKGNNIR8Tm0i"

--------------K4h4F0KaQx05uKGNNIR8Tm0i
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Harrington the the dist for the Vietnam company. <br>
      <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://groupharrington.com/brand/triumph/"
        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://groupharrington.com/brand/triumph/</a></p>
    <p>(copy of one my my own emails back in 2021)<br>
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"
        lang="EN-GB">Please note that<span
          class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-converted-space"> </span><span
          class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-style-span">while
          the shape of the bumpers is the same for</span><span
          class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-converted-space"> </span><span
          class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-style-span"><u>Spitfire
            M4, GT6 MK3 and1500</u>, there are two different types of
          number plate light holes in the rear bumper.</span></span><span
        style="font-size:11.0pt"></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span
        class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-style-span"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"
          lang="EN-GB"> The original rear bumper we use as pattern for
          reproduction has two bigger holes and two smaller holes for
          mounting one big license plate light frame. These holes are
          correct for</span></span><span
        class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-converted-space"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"
          lang="EN-GB"> </span></span><span
        class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-style-span"><u><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"
            lang="EN-GB">GT6 MK3, Spitfire Mk4 and early 1500 models</span></u></span><span
        class="m5334857668863273755yiv1443755674ecxapple-style-span"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"
          lang="EN-GB">. Later 1500 models did, however, use two
          separate lights and as such the holes are different – I am
          afraid that we do not supply the rear bumper with these holes,
          but should your car really be a later 1500 model I can offer
          you to not pre-drill the holes so you can make them yourself.
          You can find a photo at the bottom of this email and confirm
          which type you require.</span></span><span
        style="font-size:11.0pt"></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> We
        can have the bumpers ready for shipping within 15-20 working
        days after receipt of payment and confirmation. Shipping is with
        airfreight which only takes 3-4 days straight to your door.</span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> With
        regards to payment - we accept Paypal, Bank transfer. In case
        you decide to order, please let me know which method you prefer,
        I will then send you more details.</span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Should
        you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.</span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> Best
        Regards,</span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Thao</span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"> </span><a
        href="https://groupharrington.com/"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;text-decoration:none"><img
            id="Picture_x0020_10"
            src="cid:[email-masked]"
            alt="Description: Description: Description: Description:
            Description: Harrington-Group-on-White" width="140"
            height="64" border="0"></span></a><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"></span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><b><span
          style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
          Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#274E13">Harrington
          Group Ltd</span><i><span
            style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
            Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#274E13"><br>
            Nguyen Huong Thao (Ms.)</span></i></b><span
        style="font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222"></span><br>
      <b><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
            Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#274E13">Sales &amp;
            Marketing Executive</span></i></b><span
        style="font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222"></span><br>
      <b><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
            Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222">_________________________</span></i></b><span
        style="font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222"></span><br>
      <b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
          Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#274E13">T</span></b><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222"> </span><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:black">+44</span><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222;background:white">
      </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:black">121 288 1250<br>
      </span><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
          Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#274E13">E </span></b><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222"> </span><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:black"><a
          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a></span><span
        style="font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222"></span><br>
      <b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
          Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#274E13">W</span></b><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:#222222"> </span><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:black">groupharrington.com</span></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="background:white"><span
        style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Book
        Antiqua&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:black"><br>
      </span></p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/14/2023 6:02 PM, TeriAnn J.
      Wakeman wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Regardless of what is deemed possible
        and what is not.</div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">1. I purchased a set of bumpers off
        of e-bay labeled as stainless steel. The bumper has a slightly
        different colour cast than a chrome shine. This winter it grew a
        lot of rust spots. As I remember the company was based in
        Mexico. The purchase was about 14ish years ago, the rust is from
        this past winter.<br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">2. I hit it with steel wool and saw
        bright metal flakes about the thickness I associate with chrome
        flakes.</div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">3. A google search for stainless
        steel bumpers yielded A Vietnam company advertising stainless
        steel bumpers. 1.5mm thick stainless steel, and three layers of
        paint on the back side to protect it from the weather.</div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">That's all I know. If it is
        impossible, how do they do it or are they lying about their
        process and products. I don't care about the reasons they could
        not make the products they sell. These bumpers looked good for
        about 10 years longer than new chrome bumpers I previously
        purchased and as I mentioned the colour cast was different from
        chrome. I didn't complete the rebuild of my car before I could
        see rust on the new chrome bumpers I had purchased.<br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">TeriAnn<br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      </div>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/14/23 12:40 PM, <a
          class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Wooo HOOOO, the ChatGPT fact checker!!  

The Science:  

Caveat Emptor ya'll.

  

Know what I mean?

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> On Behalf Of Stan Foster
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 8:39 PM
To: TeriAnn J. Wakeman <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>; <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

ChatGPT confirms:

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 9:29 PM
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel

On 5/13/23 6:08 PM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> wrote:
</pre>
        <blockquote type="cite">
          <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Sorry Alex,

        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">"Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless steel bumpers for classic

They plate them somehow.

** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <p><br>
      </p>
      <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
        <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us"
            moz-do-not-send="true">Book - The Essential Guide to
            Overland Travel in the United States and Canada</a> <br>
          2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
          what to write<br>
          <br>
          <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>
--------------K4h4F0KaQx05uKGNNIR8Tm0i
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="NX3seqi9TUsXJxcJ.png"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------K4h4F0KaQx05uKGNNIR8Tm0i--

--------------WfhBQmACaKlFHKKy5MaTA14m--

--===============3829144048590774286==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3829144048590774286==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 19:44:52 -0600

--===============2615314562057917935==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001F_01D9869C.8EA0E6F0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D9869C.8EA0E6F0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

TeriAnn,

=20

Not all chrome looks the same.  There is really cheap chrome and very =
expensive show chrome, all on different metal bases. =20

The two look extremely different.

=20

If I had to guess, I =E2=80=98d say the ones you bought out of Mexico =
were cheap chrome marketed and sold as stainless, but are actually =
chromed mild steel.

=20

Cheap chrome will not last.  I am not sure I understand the discussion =
between the bumpers from Mexico 14 years ago and the 1.5mm (16 gauge) =
304 Stainless ones from Vietnam?

=20

Do you still have the bumpers from Mexico?  Take them to any reputable =
hot rod show chrome shop and they will give you a free quote to =
re-chrome them for price comparison, then will either confirm if the =
chrome job is cheap, or if it is some sort of leading edge 14-year-old =
stainless steel plating.

=20

If they say it is stainless steel plating, get that in writing, I will =
buy your drinks at the next Triumphest.

=20

If they say it was cheap chrome job from Mexico, you buy my drinks at =
the next Triumphest I attend.

=20

Deal?

=20

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2023 4:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel,

=20

=20

1. I purchased a set of bumpers off of e-bay labeled as stainless steel. =
The bumper has a slightly different colour cast than a chrome shine. =
This winter it grew a lot of rust spots. As I remember the company was =
based in Mexico. The purchase was about 14ish years ago, the rust is =
from this past winter.

=20

2. I hit it with steel wool and saw bright metal flakes about the =
thickness I associate with chrome flakes.

=20

3. A google search for stainless steel bumpers yielded A Vietnam company =
advertising stainless steel bumpers. 1.5mm thick stainless steel, and =
three layers of paint on the back side to protect it from the weather.

=20

That's all I know. If it is impossible, how do they do it or are they =
lying about their process and products. I don't care about the reasons =
they could not make the products they sell. These bumpers looked good =
for about 10 years longer than new chrome bumpers I previously purchased =
and as I mentioned the colour cast was different from chrome. I didn't =
complete the rebuild of my car before I could see rust on the new chrome =
bumpers I had purchased.

=20

TeriAnn

=20

=20

On 5/14/23 12:40 PM, [email-masked] =

Wooo HOOOO, the ChatGPT fact checker!! =20
=20
Go right ahead and believe the output of ChatGPT Ai all you want,  but =
nobody should consider
ChatGPT AI a fact checker (see its disclaimer) by any means.
 If you really want to go there, definitely make sure your doctor uses =
ChatGPT Ai to write your
prescription and guide the cancer surgeon to cure you on your next =
doctor visit too. (Read the
ChatGPT disclaimers)
=20
The Science: =20
Although stainless steel plating "may be possible", it is "not =
economically feasible" nor "complete
properties transfer", BECAUSE the technology has not been yet developed =
to take something like mild
steel or pot metal and plate it in "stainless" BECAUSE the molecular =
transfer - the electrolysis
does not transfer all the properties (ions) of stainless properties to =
the surface of the receptor
metal.  Since the electrolysis process does not transfer ALL the =
stainless-steel molecular
properties content, it is not, and cannot be "stainless steel" plating =
BECAUSE one, stainless steel
is a grade of steel composition, and two, not all the stainless-steel =
properties can be transferred
using electrolysis. =20
=20
Why believe established engineering science as opposed to another =
all-knowing Ai deity?=20
 ChatGPT is, as it has been proven in most cases, incorrect, why?  In =
this case, it is because
ChatGPT does not state the grade of stainless-steel plating, and that =
can be any grade from grade
200 to Hastelloy C276 that BTW, cannot be tested.
=20
Using the term "solid stainless steel".  It is like saying plywood or =
engineered wood is solid wood
because it contains all wood products or,  that a piece of jewelry is =
"solid gold" when it may be
24,18,16,12 karat gold content or even "solid gold" flash plating. If =
you want "solid gold" as the
criteria, I have some to sell you from China.
=20
100% and "solid" are marketing hype found only from hucksters, sales =
people, fraudsters and flashy
marketing claims meant to deceive. =20
=20
Caveat Emptor ya'll.
=20
"My 'shine is 100% corn sour mash", but I add a little rice and barley =
and herbs to the mash for
that family secret flavor, but it's 100% corn in that mash".  Uh huh, =
the FDA has been playing that
% game since the day it was formed.
=20
There are literally dozens of grades of stainless steel.  Stainless =
steel it is not, nor has it ever
been graded by "solid" or 100%.  Stainless steel composition is set by =
standards written by various
engineers to address specific hardness , wear and corrosion properties, =
then set to a "GRADE".=20
=20
316 stainless steel, or Hastelloy C276,  now that I can understand as =
being stainless steel.  100%
or Solid are meaningless.
=20
I have spent the better part of 50 years automating control systems for =
all sorts of processes from
apple pealing and produce processing, semiconductors, nuclear power, =
Watson Ai, ultra-pure water
production to x-ray imaging and xenon gas detection, and a large part of =
that job was to know metals
the metals used in those machines or processes, and most times get metal =
composition certified from
the manufacturers process used in regulated processes like =
pharmaceuticals, food processing, and
nuclear power instrumentation.
=20
There are reasons you do not want certain metals touching the food you =
eat or in contact with
nuclear generated steam. =20
Run that one through ChatGPT Ai and see what metals leach cancer causing =
molecules directly into
your medicines or food and accept it as fact if you trust ChatGPT =
"facts" with your life.
 =20
And there are reasons why "stainless steel plating" is also hype, as of =
today at least.  I am sure
technology will advance someday to plate 308 or 316 or Hastelloy C276 =
onto pot metal or mild steel
and the process will be certified, but it does not exist as of the date =
of this email. =20
=20
I will gladly accept a show quality triple plate chrome bumper for my =
Triumph and it will last long
after I am gone, because its corrosion properties have been proven to =
last more than 50 years.  But
if it is claimed to be solid stainless or 100% stainless, I'll want to =
know the grade AND polish.
=20
Here we go with another "fluif" worthless discussion. =20
=20
Another Caveat from someone who actually worked on IBM Watson speech =
recognition project:  Be
extremely careful how you compose OpenAi ChatGPT questions including the =
specific wording and
ordering and grammar in that question, you may not get the answers you =
expect and will then blindly
rely upon as facts.
=20
That is because OpenAI ChatGPT is not programmed nor capable to answer =
your question:=20
=20
"Do you know what I mean?". =20
=20
No computer program algorithm has of yet until you attach the =
bio-junction connection directly into
your brain, and even then, it will probably get it wrong because some =
novice app programmer came up
with the algorithm.
=20
Know what I mean?
=20
Glenn aka StagByTriumph Garage
=20
-----Original Message-----
<[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Stan Foster
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 8:39 PM
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked] =
Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless Steel
=20
ChatGPT confirms:
=20
Yes, it is possible to plate steel with stainless steel. This process is =
known as electroplating or
galvanization and involves depositing a thin layer of stainless steel =
onto the surface of the steel
through an electrolytic process.
=20
In this process, the steel is first cleaned and then placed in an =
electrolytic bath with a solution
containing the ions of the stainless steel. An electric current is then =
passed through the solution,
causing the ions to be deposited onto the surface of the steel.
=20
The resulting plated steel will have the corrosion-resistant properties =
of stainless steel, which
can be beneficial for applications where the steel will be exposed to =
harsh environments or
corrosive substances.
=20
-----Original Message-----

Sorry Alex,
=20

=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

=20

--=20

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D9869C.8EA0E6F0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>TeriAnn,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Not all =
chrome looks the same.=C2=A0 There is really cheap chrome and very =
expensive show chrome, all on different metal bases.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The two look extremely =
different.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If I had to guess, I =E2=80=98d say the ones you =
bought out of Mexico were cheap chrome marketed and sold as stainless, =
but are actually chromed mild steel.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Cheap chrome =
will not last.=C2=A0 I am not sure I understand the discussion between =
the bumpers from Mexico 14 years ago and the 1.5mm (16 gauge) 304 =
Stainless ones from Vietnam?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Do you still =
have the bumpers from Mexico?=C2=A0 Take them to any reputable hot rod =
show chrome shop and they will give you a free quote to re-chrome them =
for price comparison, then will either confirm if the chrome job is =
cheap, or if it is some sort of leading edge 14-year-old stainless steel =
plating.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If they say it is stainless steel plating, get that in =
writing, I will buy your drinks at the next Triumphest.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If they say =
it was cheap chrome job from Mexico, you buy my drinks at the next =
Triumphest I attend.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Deal?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Glenn aka =
StagByTriumph Garage<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, May 14, 2023 4:02 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Stainless =
Steel,<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Regardless of what is deemed possible and what is =
not.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>1. I purchased a set of bumpers off of e-bay labeled =
as stainless steel. The bumper has a slightly different colour cast than =
a chrome shine. This winter it grew a lot of rust spots. As I remember =
the company was based in Mexico. The purchase was about 14ish years ago, =
the rust is from this past winter.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>2. I hit it with steel wool and saw bright metal =
flakes about the thickness I associate with chrome =
flakes.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>3. A google search for stainless steel bumpers yielded =
A Vietnam company advertising stainless steel bumpers. 1.5mm thick =
stainless steel, and three layers of paint on the back side to protect =
it from the weather.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>That's all I know. If it is impossible, how do they do =
it or are they lying about their process and products. I don't care =
about the reasons they could not make the products they sell. These =
bumpers looked good for about 10 years longer than new chrome bumpers I =
previously purchased and as I mentioned the colour cast was different =
from chrome. I didn't complete the rebuild of my car before I could see =
rust on the new chrome bumpers I had =
purchased.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>TeriAnn<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 5/14/23 12:40 PM, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">stagbytriumph@triumphst=
agclub.org</a> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><pre>Wooo HOOOO, the =
ChatGPT fact checker!!=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Go right ahead and =
believe the output of ChatGPT Ai all you want,=C2=A0 but nobody should =
consider<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>ChatGPT AI a fact checker (see its =
disclaimer) by any means.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre> If you really want to go =
there, definitely make sure your doctor uses ChatGPT Ai to write =
your<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>prescription and guide the cancer surgeon to =
cure you on your next doctor visit too. (Read =
the<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>ChatGPT =
disclaimers)<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>The =
Science:=C2=A0 <o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Although stainless steel plating =
&quot;may be possible&quot;, it is &quot;not economically feasible&quot; =
nor &quot;complete<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>properties transfer&quot;, =
BECAUSE the technology has not been yet developed to take something like =
mild<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>steel or pot metal and plate it in =
&quot;stainless&quot; BECAUSE the molecular transfer - the =
electrolysis<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>does not transfer all the properties =
(ions) of stainless properties to the surface of the =
receptor<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>metal.=C2=A0 Since the electrolysis =
process does not transfer ALL the stainless-steel =
molecular<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>properties content, it is not, and cannot =
be &quot;stainless steel&quot; plating BECAUSE one, stainless =
steel<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>is a grade of steel composition, and two, not =
all the stainless-steel properties can be =
transferred<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>using electrolysis.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Why believe =
established engineering science as opposed to another all-knowing Ai =
deity? <o:p></o:p></pre><pre>=C2=A0ChatGPT is, as it has been proven in =
most cases, incorrect, why?=C2=A0 In this case, it is =
because<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>ChatGPT does not state the grade of =
stainless-steel plating, and that can be any grade from =
grade<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>200 to Hastelloy C276 that BTW, cannot be =
tested.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Using the term =
&quot;solid stainless steel&quot;.=C2=A0 It is like saying plywood or =
engineered wood is solid wood<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>because it contains =
all wood products or,=C2=A0 that a piece of jewelry is &quot;solid =
gold&quot; when it may be<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>24,18,16,12 karat gold =
content or even &quot;solid gold&quot; flash plating. If you want =
&quot;solid gold&quot; as the<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>criteria, I have some =
to sell you from =
China.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>100% and =
&quot;solid&quot; are marketing hype found only from hucksters, sales =
people, fraudsters and flashy<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>marketing claims =
meant to deceive.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Caveat Emptor =
ya'll.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>&quot;My 'shine =
is 100% corn sour mash&quot;, but I add a little rice and barley and =
herbs to the mash for<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>that family secret flavor, =
but it's 100% corn in that mash&quot;.=C2=A0 Uh huh, the FDA has been =
playing that<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>% game since the day it was =
formed.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>There are =
literally dozens of grades of stainless steel.=C2=A0 Stainless steel it =
is not, nor has it ever<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>been graded by =
&quot;solid&quot; or 100%.=C2=A0 Stainless steel composition is set by =
standards written by various<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>engineers to address =
specific hardness , wear and corrosion properties, then set to a =
&quot;GRADE&quot;. <o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>316 =
stainless steel, or Hastelloy C276,=C2=A0 now that I can understand as =
being stainless steel.=C2=A0 100%<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>or Solid are =
meaningless.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>I have =
spent the better part of 50 years automating control systems for all =
sorts of processes from<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>apple pealing and produce =
processing, semiconductors, nuclear power, Watson Ai, ultra-pure =
water<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>production to x-ray imaging and xenon gas =
detection, and a large part of that job was to know =
metals<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>the metals used in those machines or =
processes, and most times get metal composition certified =
from<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>the manufacturers process used in regulated =
processes like pharmaceuticals, food processing, =
and<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>nuclear power =
instrumentation.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>There =
are reasons you do not want certain metals touching the food you eat or =
in contact with<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>nuclear generated steam.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Run that one through ChatGPT Ai and see what =
metals leach cancer causing molecules directly =
into<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>your medicines or food and accept it as fact =
if you trust ChatGPT &quot;facts&quot; with your =
life.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>=C2=A0 <o:p></o:p></pre><pre>And there are =
reasons why &quot;stainless steel plating&quot; is also hype, as of =
today at least.=C2=A0 I am sure<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>technology will =
advance someday to plate 308 or 316 or Hastelloy C276 onto pot metal or =
mild steel<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>and the process will be certified, but =
it does not exist as of the date of this email.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>I will gladly accept a =
show quality triple plate chrome bumper for my Triumph and it will last =
long<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>after I am gone, because its corrosion =
properties have been proven to last more than 50 years.=C2=A0 =
But<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>if it is claimed to be solid stainless or 100% =
stainless, I'll want to know the grade AND =
polish.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Here we go with =
another &quot;fluif&quot; worthless discussion.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Another Caveat from =
someone who actually worked on IBM Watson speech recognition =
project:=C2=A0 Be<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>extremely careful how you compose =
OpenAi ChatGPT questions including the specific wording =
and<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>ordering and grammar in that question, you may =
not get the answers you expect and will then =
blindly<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>rely upon as =
facts.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>That is because =
OpenAI ChatGPT is not programmed nor capable to answer your question: =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>&quot;Do you know what =
I mean?&quot;.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>No computer program =
algorithm has of yet until you attach the bio-junction connection =
directly into<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>your brain, and even then, it will =
probably get it wrong because some novice app programmer came =
up<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>with the =
algorithm.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Know what I =
mean?<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Glenn aka =
StagByTriumph =
Garage<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>-----Original =
Message-----<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>From: Triumphs <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;triumphs-bounces@auto=
x.team.net&gt;</a> On Behalf Of Stan Foster<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Sent: =
Saturday, May 13, 2023 8:39 PM<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>To: TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p><=
/o:p></pre><pre>Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless =
Steel<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>ChatGPT =
confirms:<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Yes, it is =
possible to plate steel with stainless steel. This process is known as =
electroplating or<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>galvanization and involves =
depositing a thin layer of stainless steel onto the surface of the =
steel<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>through an electrolytic =
process.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>In this =
process, the steel is first cleaned and then placed in an electrolytic =
bath with a solution<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>containing the ions of the =
stainless steel. An electric current is then passed through the =
solution,<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>causing the ions to be deposited onto the =
surface of the =
steel.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>The resulting =
plated steel will have the corrosion-resistant properties of stainless =
steel, which<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>can be beneficial for applications =
where the steel will be exposed to harsh environments =
or<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>corrosive =
substances.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>-----Origina=
l Message-----<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>From: Triumphs <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;triumphs-bounces@auto=
x.team.net&gt;</a> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2023 9:29 =
PM<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>To: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p><=
/o:p></pre><pre>Subject: Re: [TR] Stainless =
Steel<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>On 5/13/23 6:08 =
PM, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">stagbytriumph@triumphst=
agclub.org</a> wrote:<o:p></o:p></pre><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><pre>Sorry =
Alex,<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>You may want to =
do some fact checking.=C2=A0 There is no grade for &quot;solid stainless =
steel&quot;.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>I do not =
believe a stainless-steel plating exists for plating over =
<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>mild steel technology exists a of =
yet.<o:p></o:p></pre></blockquote><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>&quot;=
Welcome to PTT BUMPERS. We are a specialist manufacturing in stainless =
steel bumpers for classic<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>car. Our bumper are made =
of 100% stainless steel grade 304 , thickness 1.5mm and hand polished. =
The<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>gloss of bumper is shiny like mirror polish and =
the backside of bumper are cover by 3 painted =
layers<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>to protect the bumper from the bad weather =
and chemicals =
elements.&quot;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>They =
plate them somehow.<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>** =
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o=
:p></pre><pre>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/stagbytriumph@triu=
mphstagclub.org">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/stagbytri=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>=
<pre>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
m">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
<o:p></o:p></pre></blockquote><p><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>-- <o:p></o:p></p><p align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><a href=3D"http://overlandtravel.us">Book - =
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and =
Canada</a> <br>2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to =
learn what to write<br><br><b>Because the world beckons and life waits =
for no one</b><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D9869C.8EA0E6F0--

--===============2615314562057917935==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2615314562057917935==--