Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 throttle linkage with vacuum switch/valve?

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 19:11:28 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_54613_1394662351.1683659488159
	boundary="----=_Part_54612_250363821.1683659488090"

------=_Part_54612_250363821.1683659488090
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I believe that was used on the 1969 model.=C2=A0 I believe it passed manif=
old vacuum to the retard module.=C2=A0 Later models had a port in the carb =
for that purpose and the switch became redundant.=C2=A0 (Redundant: british=
 idiom for laid-off, out of work.)
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
To: list Triumph <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, May 9, 2023 11:02 am
Subject: [TR] TR6 throttle linkage with vacuum switch/valve?

I'm finally trying to organize my parts.In general I'm following the moss m=
otors categories=C2=A0for new parts.For cars I'm trying=C2=A0to keep like m=
odels together - I've purchased too many unfinished projects.
I cane across a bag labelled throttle=C2=A0linkage - and it looks like it h=
as a vacuum switch mounted where the arrows are indicated below:

Any idea what year this is for?=C2=A0 Probably more of the pollution stuff.=
...
Thanks** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs=C2=A0 http://www.team.net/a=
rchive

[email-masked]

------=_Part_54612_250363821.1683659488090
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">I believe that was used on the 1969 model.&nbsp; I believe it passed manifold vacuum to the retard module.&nbsp; Later models had a port in the carb for that purpose and the switch became redundant.&nbsp; (Redundant: british idiom for laid-off, out of work.)</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div><font size="4">Dave <br>
</font></div>

<div><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><br>
</span></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Chris Simo &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: list Triumph &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Tue, May 9, 2023 11:02 am<br>
Subject: [TR] TR6 throttle linkage with vacuum switch/valve?<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv5511132565">
<div dir="ltr">I'm finally trying to organize my parts.
<div>In general I'm following the moss motors categories&nbsp;for new parts.</div>

<div>For cars I'm trying&nbsp;to keep like models together - I've purchased too many unfinished projects.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>I cane across a bag labelled throttle&nbsp;linkage - and it looks like it has a vacuum switch mounted where the arrows are indicated below:</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div><img src="cid:yj1CU1hT1y6Gc93AfE2L" yahoo_partid="1.2" alt="image.png" width="374" height="151"><br>
</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Any idea what year this is for?&nbsp; Probably more of the pollution stuff....</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Thanks</div>
</div>

</div>
** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_54612_250363821.1683659488090--

------=_Part_54613_1394662351.1683659488159
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image.png"
Content-ID: <yj1CU1hT1y6Gc93AfE2L>

------=_Part_54613_1394662351.1683659488159
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_Part_54613_1394662351.1683659488159--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 19:13:34 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0292716900888643293==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0C2D_01D982AA.5A214000"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0C2D_01D982AA.5A214000
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Obviously, you should organize in a way that will work for you, but I =
thought I might share an alternative that seems to me to be far superior =
to using the Moss parts numbers. For decades, I have been entering my =
various parts into spreadsheets with tabs for the storage locations =
(Bin1, Loose, Shelf X, etc.). It seems to me that the original parts =
numbers used by Triumph is the better choice since these are the numbers =
used by the Spare Parts Catalogue, Moss Europe, Rimmer Brothers, =
Revington TR, TRF, etc. Good luck with your project. I can attest to the =
fact that it will make locating needed parts much easier =E2=80=93 =
provided you keep it up to date.

=20

=20

Keith Stewart

[email-masked]

World of Triumph https://worldoftriumph.godaddysites.com/

=20

=20

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 12:03 PM
To: list Triumph <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR6 throttle linkage with vacuum switch/valve?

=20

I'm finally trying to organize my parts.

In general I'm following the moss motors categories for new parts.

------=_NextPart_000_0C2D_01D982AA.5A214000
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'>Obviously, you should organize in a =
way that will work for you, but I thought I might share an alternative =
that seems to me to be far superior to using the Moss parts numbers. For =
decades, I have been entering my various parts into spreadsheets with =
tabs for the storage locations (Bin1, Loose, Shelf X, etc.). It seems to =
me that the original parts numbers used by Triumph is the better choice =
since these are the numbers used by the Spare Parts Catalogue, Moss =
Europe, Rimmer Brothers, Revington TR, TRF, etc. Good luck with your =
project. I can attest to the fact that it will make locating needed =
parts much easier =E2=80=93 provided you keep it up to =
date.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Keith =
Stewart<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>[email-masked]<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>World of Triumph <a =
href=3D"https://worldoftriumph.godaddysites.com/">https://worldoftriumph.=
godaddysites.com/</a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
lang=3DEN-US>From:</span></b><span lang=3DEN-US> Chris Simo =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, May 9, 2023 12:03 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> list Triumph =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] TR6 throttle =
linkage with vacuum switch/valve?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I'm =
finally trying to organize my parts.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>In general I'm following the moss motors =
categories&nbsp;for new =
parts.<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0C2D_01D982AA.5A214000--

--===============0292716900888643293==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0292716900888643293==--