Subject: Re: [TR] Skin deep stainless steel

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 19:47:46 -0500

--===============4542766299194974493==

--000000000000a08e6705fb88922b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The Harrington stainless steel bumpers I ordered for my TR3B c2010 online
from Vietnam arrived safely, fit perfectly, and have held up with not a bit
of change.  They're non-magnetic.  I'm a happy customer, TeriAnn

There's a *tiny* bit of difference in the shape of the overriders -- the
Vietnamese ones are a little more square-topped than the S-T originals, but
truly, it's barely noticed and not a fault IMO.

They come with the backsides painted black.  I painted mine a wheel-silver
to be a little more like original.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-sNXf57k/0/6ebb95f7/X3/i-sNXf57k-X3.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSDpqKH/0/e6ee834f/X3/i-kSDpqKH-X3.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-c38N3mB/1/bb1a5beb/X3/i-c38N3mB-X3.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HBqPCJW/0/85bc942b/X3/i-HBqPCJW-X3.jpg

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 7:22=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman@gmail=
.com>
wrote:

> Around 2008 or so I purchased stainless steel front & rear bumpers off or
> e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport with
> the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper rusted. I hit it
> with steel wool today and that "stainless steel" came off in flakes with =
a
> steel bumper underneath. I had no idea that you could plate steel with a
> thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid for. Lasted fine in
> Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest winter.
>
> I guess the next SS bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone
> have a reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?
>
> TeriAnn
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000a08e6705fb88922b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">The=
 Harrington stainless steel bumpers I ordered for my TR3B c2010 online from=
 Vietnam arrived safely, fit perfectly, and have held up with not a bit of =
change.=C2=A0 They&#39;re non-magnetic.=C2=A0 I&#39;m a happy customer, Ter=
iAnn</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div>=
<div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">There&#39;s a *tiny*=
 bit of difference in the shape of the overriders -- the Vietnamese ones ar=
e a little more square-topped than the S-T originals, but truly, it&#39;s b=
arely noticed and not a fault IMO.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=
=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-s=
ize:small">They come with the backsides painted black.=C2=A0 I painted mine=
 a wheel-silver to be a little more like original.</div><div class=3D"gmail=
_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" =
style=3D"font-size:small"><a href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-sN=
Xf57k/0/6ebb95f7/X3/i-sNXf57k-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-s=
NXf57k/0/6ebb95f7/X3/i-sNXf57k-X3.jpg</a><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_defa=
ult" style=3D"font-size:small"><a href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos=
/i-kSDpqKH/0/e6ee834f/X3/i-kSDpqKH-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photo=
s/i-kSDpqKH/0/e6ee834f/X3/i-kSDpqKH-X3.jpg</a><br></div><div class=3D"gmail=
_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><a href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/p=
hotos/i-c38N3mB/1/bb1a5beb/X3/i-c38N3mB-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/=
photos/i-c38N3mB/1/bb1a5beb/X3/i-c38N3mB-X3.jpg</a><br></div><div class=3D"=
gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><a href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.=
com/photos/i-HBqPCJW/0/85bc942b/X3/i-HBqPCJW-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug=
.com/photos/i-HBqPCJW/0/85bc942b/X3/i-HBqPCJW-X3.jpg</a><br></div></div><br=
><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, M=
ay 12, 2023 at 7:22=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tjw=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote c=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px soli=
d rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
  <div>
    <p><font size=3D"4"><font face=3D"Adobe Garamond">Around 2008 or so I
          purchased stainless steel front &amp; rear bumpers off or
          e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open
          carport with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front
          bumper rusted. I hit it with steel wool today and that
          &quot;stainless steel&quot; came off in flakes with a steel bumpe=
r
          underneath. I had no idea that you could plate steel with a
          thin layer of stainless. I didn&#39;t get what I paid for. Lasted
          fine in Arizona but couldn&#39;t handle a pacific northwest
          winter.<br>
        </font></font></p>
    <p><font size=3D"4"><font face=3D"Adobe Garamond">I guess the next SS
          bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone have a
          reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?</font></fo=
nt></p>
    <p><font size=3D"4"><font face=3D"Adobe Garamond">TeriAnn<br>
        </font></font></p>
  </div>

** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">triumphs@au=
tox.team.net</a> **<br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000a08e6705fb88922b--

--===============4542766299194974493==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4542766299194974493==--

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 05:11:51 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3719359822510024369==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000A_01D98559.6D7E2F30"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01D98559.6D7E2F30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Wow =E2=80=93 I never heard of =E2=80=9Cplated=E2=80=9D SS before.  Goes =
to show, there is no shame on E-Bay. The Harrington Bumpers really look =
great! They could be a substitute for a bathroom mirror.

=20

Alex Thomson

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Don =
Hiscock
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 8:48 PM
To: TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Cc: Triumph List
Subject: Re: [TR] Skin deep stainless steel

=20

The Harrington stainless steel bumpers I ordered for my TR3B c2010 =
online from Vietnam arrived safely, fit perfectly, and have held up with =
not a bit of change.  They're non-magnetic.  I'm a happy customer, =
TeriAnn

=20

There's a *tiny* bit of difference in the shape of the overriders -- the =
Vietnamese ones are a little more square-topped than the S-T originals, =
but truly, it's barely noticed and not a fault IMO.

=20

They come with the backsides painted black.  I painted mine a =
wheel-silver to be a little more like original.

=20

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-sNXf57k/0/6ebb95f7/X3/i-sNXf57k-X3.jp=
g

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSDpqKH/0/e6ee834f/X3/i-kSDpqKH-X3.jp=
g

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-c38N3mB/1/bb1a5beb/X3/i-c38N3mB-X3.jp=
g

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HBqPCJW/0/85bc942b/X3/i-HBqPCJW-X3.jp=
g

=20

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 7:22=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman =
<[email-masked]> wrote:

Around 2008 or so I purchased stainless steel front & rear bumpers off =
or e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport =
with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper rusted. I =
hit it with steel wool today and that "stainless steel" came off in =
flakes with a steel bumper underneath. I had no idea that you could =
plate steel with a thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid =
for. Lasted fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest =
winter.

I guess the next SS bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone =
have a reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?

TeriAnn

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01D98559.6D7E2F30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Adobe Garamond";
	panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Wow =E2=80=93 I never heard of =E2=80=9Cplated=E2=80=9D SS before. =
=C2=A0Goes to show, there is no shame on E-Bay. The Harrington Bumpers =
really look great! They could be a substitute for a bathroom =
mirror.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Alex Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Don Hiscock<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, May 12, 2023 8:48 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> TeriAnn J. Wakeman<br><b>Cc:</b> Triumph =
List<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Skin deep stainless =
steel<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The Harrington stainless steel bumpers I ordered for =
my TR3B c2010 online from Vietnam arrived safely, fit perfectly, and =
have held up with not a bit of change.&nbsp; They're non-magnetic.&nbsp; =
I'm a happy customer, TeriAnn<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>There's a *tiny* bit of difference in the shape of the =
overriders -- the Vietnamese ones are a little more square-topped than =
the S-T originals, but truly, it's barely noticed and not a fault =
IMO.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>They come with the backsides painted black.&nbsp; I =
painted mine a wheel-silver to be a little more like =
original.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-sNXf57k/0/6ebb95f7/X3/i-sNXf5=
7k-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-sNXf57k/0/6ebb95f7/X3/i-sN=
Xf57k-X3.jpg</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSDpqKH/0/e6ee834f/X3/i-kSDpq=
KH-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSDpqKH/0/e6ee834f/X3/i-kS=
DpqKH-X3.jpg</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-c38N3mB/1/bb1a5beb/X3/i-c38N3=
mB-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-c38N3mB/1/bb1a5beb/X3/i-c3=
8N3mB-X3.jpg</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HBqPCJW/0/85bc942b/X3/i-HBqPC=
JW-X3.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HBqPCJW/0/85bc942b/X3/i-HB=
qPCJW-X3.jpg</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Fri, May 12, 2023 at 7:22=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Adobe Garamond","serif"'>Around =
2008 or so I purchased stainless steel front &amp; rear bumpers off or =
e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport with =
the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper rusted. I hit it =
with steel wool today and that &quot;stainless steel&quot; came off in =
flakes with a steel bumper underneath. I had no idea that you could =
plate steel with a thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid =
for. Lasted fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest =
winter.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Adobe Garamond","serif"'>I guess =
the next SS bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone have a =
reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A =
bumpers?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Adobe =
Garamond","serif"'>TeriAnn</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Mana=
ge: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/don.hiscock@gmail.=
com" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/don.hisc=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01D98559.6D7E2F30--

--===============3719359822510024369==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3719359822510024369==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 19:15:07 -0600

--===============3883683167121867958==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D985CF.3C5C0B90"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D985CF.3C5C0B90
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

TeriAnn,

=20

Well there is no stainless steel plating onto other metal process.  =
Stainless steel is forged in furnaces using different compositions of =
elements to make different grades of stainless steel, some which are =
magnetic.

=20

I will guess someone did a cheap chrome plating job, or a quick polish =
job.

=20

Glenn aka StagByTriumph Garage

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 5:37 PM
To: Triumph List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Skin deep stainless steel

=20

TeriAnn

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D985CF.3C5C0B90
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Adobe Garamond";
	panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>TeriAnn,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Well there =
is no stainless steel plating onto other metal process.=C2=A0 Stainless =
steel is forged in furnaces using different compositions of elements to =
make different grades of stainless steel, some which are =
magnetic.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I will guess someone did a cheap chrome plating job, =
or a quick polish job.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Glenn aka =
StagByTriumph Garage<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, May 12, 2023 5:37 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
Triumph List &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] =
Skin deep stainless steel<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Adobe Garamond",serif'>Around =
2008 or so I purchased stainless steel front &amp; rear bumpers off or =
e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport with =
the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper rusted. I hit it =
with steel wool today and that &quot;stainless steel&quot; came off in =
flakes with a steel bumper underneath. I had no idea that you could =
plate steel with a thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid =
for. Lasted fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest =
winter.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Adobe Garamond",serif'>I guess =
the next SS bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone have a =
reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A =
bumpers?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Adobe =
Garamond",serif'>TeriAnn</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D985CF.3C5C0B90--

--===============3883683167121867958==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3883683167121867958==--

---

From: Patrick Baize <[email-masked]> m07/aWUDdvuTG8t1WZoghZDupYWzsIdfBajzZ8A7kMLgwY/PzceK+n7grdUcDEOT9gOR0OjKTOwR9Q==
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 21:01:43 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8518651625318421257==
 boundary="------------rOnYEa05ytM07MNKem5QlZVw"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------rOnYEa05ytM07MNKem5QlZVw
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi All

off topic, but sort of same topic.   The new switch plates, faucets , 
sink drains etc, style is oiled bronze.   Previously it was a nickle 
type finish.  Our entire house is oiled bronze. When I re-modeled our 
kitchen, I bought bronze drains.  About a month later I noticed a chip 
in one of the drains.  Today they are both nickle finish , the power 
coating came off.  Got to be careful of what you buy.  Nickle finish 
went out of style, so the manufacturer powder coated what they had left.

Patrick

On 5/13/2023 8:15 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
> TeriAnn,
>
> Well there is no stainless steel plating onto other metal process.  
> Stainless steel is forged in furnaces using different compositions of 
> elements to make different grades of stainless steel, some which are 
> magnetic.
>
> I will guess someone did a cheap chrome plating job, or a quick polish 
> job.
>
> *From:* Triumphs <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of 
> *TeriAnn J. Wakeman
> *Sent:* Friday, May 12, 2023 5:37 PM
> *To:* Triumph List <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* [TR] Skin deep stainless steel
>
> Around 2008 or so I purchased stainless steel front & rear bumpers off 
> or e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport 
> with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper rusted. I 
> hit it with steel wool today and that "stainless steel" came off in 
> flakes with a steel bumper underneath. I had no idea that you could 
> plate steel with a thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid 
> for. Lasted fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest 
> winter.
>
> I guess the next SS bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. 
> Anyone have a reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?
>
> TeriAnn
>
>
> [email-masked]  **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com
--------------rOnYEa05ytM07MNKem5QlZVw
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Hi All</p>
    <p>off topic, but sort of same topic.   The new switch plates,
      faucets , sink drains etc, style is oiled bronze.   Previously it
      was a nickle type finish.  Our entire house is oiled bronze.  
      When I re-modeled our kitchen, I bought bronze drains.  About a
      month later I noticed a chip in one of the drains.  Today they are
      both nickle finish , the power coating came off.  Got to be
      careful of what you buy.  Nickle finish went out of style, so the
      manufacturer powder coated what they had left.</p>
    <p>Patrick<br>
    </p>
    <p>   <br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/13/2023 8:15 PM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:"Adobe Garamond";
	panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">TeriAnn,<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Well there is no stainless steel plating
          onto other metal process.  Stainless steel is forged in
          furnaces using different compositions of elements to make
          different grades of stainless steel, some which are magnetic.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I will guess someone did a cheap chrome
          plating job, or a quick polish job.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Glenn aka StagByTriumph Garage<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of </b>TeriAnn
              J. Wakeman<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Friday, May 12, 2023 5:37 PM<br>
              <b>To:</b> Triumph List <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> [TR] Skin deep stainless steel<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p><span style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Adobe
            Garamond&quot;,serif">Around 2008 or so I purchased
            stainless steel front &amp; rear bumpers off or e-bay.
            Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport
            with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper
            rusted. I hit it with steel wool today and that "stainless
            steel" came off in flakes with a steel bumper underneath. I
            had no idea that you could plate steel with a thin layer of
            stainless. I didn't get what I paid for. Lasted fine in
            Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest winter.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p><span style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Adobe
            Garamond&quot;,serif">I guess the next SS bumper will need
            to be checked with a magnet. Anyone have a reliable source
            for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?</span><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p><span style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Adobe
            Garamond&quot;,serif">TeriAnn</span><o:p></o:p></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br /><table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;"><tr><td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank"><img src="https://s-install.avcdn.net/ipm/preview/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif" alt="" width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;"/></a></td><td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free.<a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avast.com</a></td></tr></table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
</html>

--------------rOnYEa05ytM07MNKem5QlZVw--

--===============8518651625318421257==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8518651625318421257==--