Subject: [TR] Skin deep stainless steel

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 16:37:23 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1569980893103185785==
 boundary="------------gpg9jlpn3oeIOfMam8ccYDMw"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------gpg9jlpn3oeIOfMam8ccYDMw
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Around 2008 or so I purchased stainless steel front & rear bumpers off 
or e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open carport 
with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front bumper rusted. I 
hit it with steel wool today and that "stainless steel" came off in 
flakes with a steel bumper underneath. I had no idea that you could 
plate steel with a thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid 
for. Lasted fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest winter.

I guess the next SS bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone 
have a reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?

TeriAnn

--------------gpg9jlpn3oeIOfMam8ccYDMw
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p><font size="4"><font face="Adobe Garamond">Around 2008 or so I
          purchased stainless steel front &amp; rear bumpers off or
          e-bay. Looked good fit OK. Last winter my TR was in an open
          carport with the front towards prevailing winds. And my front
          bumper rusted. I hit it with steel wool today and that
          "stainless steel" came off in flakes with a steel bumper
          underneath. I had no idea that you could plate steel with a
          thin layer of stainless. I didn't get what I paid for. Lasted
          fine in Arizona but couldn't handle a pacific northwest
          winter.<br>
        </font></font></p>
    <p><font size="4"><font face="Adobe Garamond">I guess the next SS
          bumper will need to be checked with a magnet. Anyone have a
          reliable source for real stainless steel TR3A bumpers?</font></font></p>
    <p><font size="4"><font face="Adobe Garamond">TeriAnn<br>
        </font></font></p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------gpg9jlpn3oeIOfMam8ccYDMw--

--===============1569980893103185785==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1569980893103185785==--