Subject: [TR] TR6: cleaning up speedo/tach/gauges vs. paying someone else to do it

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 16:42:25 -0500

--=_8209d6c9d67f89b8fc96cda8ce7ef6d2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
 format=flowed

I'm replacing the dash on my '74 TR6. The gauges/speedo/tach all work 
(maybe not terribly accurate tho!). But, wow, they're pretty grimy 
compared to this shiny new wood dash I've got. What's left of the 
o-rings is cracked and crumbled. With a little encouragement I can get 
the speedo and tach open - but how does one safely open up the 
fuel/temp/oil/volts gauges?

The other option is to send them to a restoration shop (there are 
several that show up in a search; note that Nisonger is no longer doing 
repairs but selling replacement units only). Any idea what a 
clean-up/check-up would cost for these 6 units? I've got a huge list of 
other things to work on rather than spend the time on these things.
Thanks!
  Lee
--=_8209d6c9d67f89b8fc96cda8ce7ef6d2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
 name=gauges.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename=gauges.jpg;
 size=1414237

--=_8209d6c9d67f89b8fc96cda8ce7ef6d2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--=_8209d6c9d67f89b8fc96cda8ce7ef6d2--