Subject: Re: [TR] Is this symptom I'm getting indicative of a bad front wheel bearing?

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:47:00 -0800

--===============1332647987714105671==

--0000000000000f972a05f63fb9f1

Just an update.
I was able to take a look at the car this weekend. I jacked up the front of
the car. Someone suggested that I rotate the wheel and see if the spring
vibrates. I tried this but nothing. I did, however, tighten up the right
hand hub. The Stag's ROM says to tighten the nut to 5 lbf ft and undo the
nut one flat and insert a split/cotter pin. I did this, but after assembly
I could feel a wobble. I then tightened to 5 lbf ft and then slacked off
the nut until I could insert the pin. The hub rotates.
At the same time, I swapped out the front wheels and replaced them with a
spare set.
I'm yet to test drive the car.
Sujit

--0000000000000f972a05f63fb9f1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Just an update.</div>I was able to take a look at the=
 car this weekend. I jacked up the front of the car. Someone suggested that=
 I rotate the wheel and see if the spring vibrates. I tried this but nothin=
g. I did, however, tighten up the right hand hub. The Stag&#39;s ROM says t=
o tighten the nut to 5 lbf ft and undo the nut one flat and insert a split/=
cotter pin. I did this, but after assembly I could feel a wobble. I then ti=
ghtened to 5 lbf ft and then slacked off the nut until I could insert the p=
in. The hub rotates.<div>At the same time, I swapped out the front wheels a=
nd replaced them with a spare set.=C2=A0</div><div>I&#39;m yet to test driv=
e the car.</div><div>Sujit<br></div></div>

--0000000000000f972a05f63fb9f1--

--===============1332647987714105671==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1332647987714105671==--