Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking about installing an alarm system in my TR4A

From: Dave Connitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 20:33:32 -0500

Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my TR4A. My concern is more about preventing someone from stealing something out of the car when while we are parked somewhere on the road. I was originally planning on just locking the doors but someone locally said that if the doors are locked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess I could just store the valuable things in the locked trunk?
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 11, 2023, at 5:08 PM, Robert Rochlin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Dave,
>    It sounds like a great trip, being planned well in advance.
>     I think that one thing you might consider is that professional thieves often use flat bed tow trucks and simply pull the target cars up and are off in a matter of minutes, often without opening the doors.  In order to thwart them, as part of your alarm system use motion/vibration switches so that if the car is disturbed the alarm goes off.  Most of us protect our cars assuming that the theft will be having the car leave under its own power. 
>    Best,
>    Bob
> 
>> On Jan 11, 2023, at 11:40 AM, Dave Connitt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> Hello Everyone,
>> This summer I am planning on taking an extended trip out west in my TR4A. Has anyone installed a alarm system in a TR4A?
>> I am looking for suggestions on specific alarms. I think I would like to monitor the doors and maybe the hood. I would also like a motion sensor. Our route starts in Cincinnati heading first to Colorado Springs, Co. to drive up Pikes Peak with a bunch of local TriState Triumph people. Then my wife and I will head out by ourselves to visit Mt. Rushmore, then up to Yellowstone then east through the badlands and on to home. That’s a lot of motels to stop at and if I can’t park right in front of the entrance, I will not be sleeping very well.
>> I know I will have to add door switches and another one for the hood. I am planning on adding a courtesy light anyway so the door switches are already planned.
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Dave Connitt
>> DavesTR4A.com
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> ** [email-masked] **
>> 
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive
>> 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> 

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Cochran, David L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 01:46:22 +0000

Take the valuables inside the hotel/motel room with you and sleep well! Years ago I had a TR6 in front of my house and one weekend someone slashed the top one night. Terrible person or people.  

> On Jan 11, 2023, at 7:37 PM, Dave Connitt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> *EXTERNAL EMAIL*
> 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> 
> CAUTION: This message originated outside of UT Health San Antonio. Please exercise caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

---

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 02:07:06 +0000

I don't know about the rest of you, but I never lock the door on the TR6.  I'd rather lose something in the car (I never leave anything valuable in there) than have the top slashed.

I have traveled many miles and stayed in many small towns and some big ones.  I am unaware of anything ever being stolen.

I think the real answer to your question, and it wouldn't matter what car you were in, is don't leave stuff in the car!  the good news is that you don't have to worry about your catalytic converter being stolen!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dave Connitt
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 7:34 PM
To: Robert Rochlin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking about installing an alarm system in my TR4A

Sent from my iPhone

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
** [email-masked] **

---

From: Rye Livingston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 18:40:41 -0800

--===============1396878367144865407==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_67254DC6-3876-4DED-9AEB-438C59A95505"

--Apple-Mail=_67254DC6-3876-4DED-9AEB-438C59A95505
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I=E2=80=99m restoring another vintage car which is german, not my TR3, =
and I was told about a very cool distributor by 123 Ignition, which is =
available for Triumphs and all kinds of cars.  =
https://123ignitionusa.com =
<https://123ignitionusa.com/123ignitions/triumph/>

I won=E2=80=99t go into all of it, you can go to their website, but via =
Blue Tooth and your phone, different timing advance curves and be set.  =
PLUS...as it pertains to this discussion with regards to anti-theft of =
the car, you can turn the distributor OFF.  How cool is that!? Turn it =
off and go into a restaurant, and the only way someone would be able to =
steal the car is with a tow truck!

So if you need to buy a new distributor anyway, or have a hot rod engine =
and you want to customize things, check it out.  Full disclosure, I=E2=80=99=
m about a week away from assembling the engine, so I haven=E2=80=99t use =
it yet, but a few mechanics have recommended it, and that=E2=80=99s =
where I heard you can turn off the distributor.  I don=E2=80=99t see =
that mentioned on their website, but I=E2=80=99m sure that=E2=80=99s =
something you can check with them as they have a =E2=80=9Ccontact us =
with questions=E2=80=9D right on their home page.

Rye

> On Jan 11, 2023, at 5:46 PM, Cochran, David L <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> Take the valuables inside the hotel/motel room with you and sleep =
well! Years ago I had a TR6 in front of my house and one weekend someone =
slashed the top one night. Terrible person or people. =20
>=20
>> On Jan 11, 2023, at 7:37 PM, Dave Connitt <[email-masked] =
>>=20
>> =EF=BB=BF*EXTERNAL EMAIL*
>>=20
>>=20
>> Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my TR4A. My =
concern is more about preventing someone from stealing something out of =
the car when while we are parked somewhere on the road. I was originally =
planning on just locking the doors but someone locally said that if the =
doors are locked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess I =
could just store the valuable things in the locked trunk?
>> Dave
>>=20
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>=20
>>> On Jan 11, 2023, at 5:08 PM, Robert Rochlin <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>>>=20
>>> =EF=BB=BFHi Dave,
>>>   I think that one thing you might consider is that professional =
thieves often use flat bed tow trucks and simply pull the target cars up =
and are off in a matter of minutes, often without opening the doors.  In =
order to thwart them, as part of your alarm system use motion/vibration =
switches so that if the car is disturbed the alarm goes off.  Most of us =
protect our cars assuming that the theft will be having the car leave =
under its own power.
>>>  Best,
>>>  Bob
>>>=20
>>>>> On Jan 11, 2023, at 11:40 AM, Dave Connitt <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>>>>=20
>>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>> This summer I am planning on taking an extended trip out west in my =
TR4A. Has anyone installed a alarm system in a TR4A?
>>>> I am looking for suggestions on specific alarms. I think I would =
like to monitor the doors and maybe the hood. I would also like a motion =
sensor. Our route starts in Cincinnati heading first to Colorado =
Springs, Co. to drive up Pikes Peak with a bunch of local TriState =
Triumph people. Then my wife and I will head out by ourselves to visit =
Mt. Rushmore, then up to Yellowstone then east through the badlands and =
on to home. That=E2=80=99s a lot of motels to stop at and if I can=E2=80=99=
t park right in front of the entrance, I will not be sleeping very well.
>>>> I know I will have to add door switches and another one for the =
hood. I am planning on adding a courtesy light anyway so the door =
switches are already planned.
>>>>=20
>>>>=20
>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =
>>>>=20
>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>
>>=20
>> CAUTION: This message originated outside of UT Health San Antonio. =
Please exercise caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs>  http://www.team.net/archive =
<http://www.team.net/archive>
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_67254DC6-3876-4DED-9AEB-438C59A95505
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">I=E2=80=
=99m restoring another vintage car which is german, not my TR3, and I =
was told about a very cool distributor by 123 Ignition, which is =
available for Triumphs and all kinds of cars. &nbsp;<a =
href=3D"https://123ignitionusa.com/123ignitions/triumph/" =
class=3D"">https://123ignitionusa.com</a><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I won=E2=80=99t go into all of it, you =
can go to their website, but via Blue Tooth and your phone, different =
timing advance curves and be set. &nbsp;PLUS...as it pertains to this =
discussion with regards to anti-theft of the car, you can turn the =
distributor OFF. &nbsp;How cool is that!? Turn it off and go into a =
restaurant, and the only way someone would be able to steal the car is =
with a tow truck!<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">So =
if you need to buy a new distributor anyway, or have a hot rod engine =
and you want to customize things, check it out. &nbsp;Full disclosure, =
I=E2=80=99m about a week away from assembling the engine, so I haven=E2=80=
=99t use it yet, but a few mechanics have recommended it, and that=E2=80=99=
s where I heard you can turn off the distributor. &nbsp;I don=E2=80=99t =
see that mentioned on their website, but I=E2=80=99m sure that=E2=80=99s =
something you can check with them as they have a =E2=80=9Ccontact us =
with questions=E2=80=9D right on their home page.</div><div class=3D""><br=
 class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Rye<br class=3D""><div><br =
class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Jan =
11, 2023, at 5:46 PM, Cochran, David L &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><meta=
 charset=3D"UTF-8" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Take the valuables inside the hotel/motel room with you and =
sleep well! Years ago I had a TR6 in front of my house and one weekend =
someone slashed the top one night. Terrible person or people. =
&nbsp;</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">On =
Jan 11, 2023, at 7:37 PM, Dave Connitt &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">=EF=BB=BF*EXTERNAL EMAIL*<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Thanks for all the great =
suggestions on alarm systems for my TR4A. My concern is more about =
preventing someone from stealing something out of the car when while we =
are parked somewhere on the road. I was originally planning on just =
locking the doors but someone locally said that if the doors are locked =
the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess I could just store =
the valuable things in the locked trunk?<br class=3D"">Dave<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Sent from my iPhone<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D"">On Jan 11, 2023, at 5:08 =
PM, Robert Rochlin &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">=EF=BB=BFHi Dave,<br class=3D"">&nbsp;It sounds like a great =
trip, being planned well in advance.<br class=3D"">&nbsp;&nbsp;I think =
that one thing you might consider is that professional thieves often use =
flat bed tow trucks and simply pull the target cars up and are off in a =
matter of minutes, often without opening the doors. &nbsp;In order to =
thwart them, as part of your alarm system use motion/vibration switches =
so that if the car is disturbed the alarm goes off. &nbsp;Most of us =
protect our cars assuming that the theft will be having the car leave =
under its own power.<br class=3D"">&nbsp;Best,<br class=3D"">&nbsp;Bob<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><blockquote=
 type=3D"cite" class=3D"">On Jan 11, 2023, at 11:40 AM, Dave Connitt =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br class=3D""></blockquote><br=
 class=3D"">Hello Everyone,<br class=3D"">This summer I am planning on =
taking an extended trip out west in my TR4A. Has anyone installed a =
alarm system in a TR4A?<br class=3D"">I am looking for suggestions on =
specific alarms. I think I would like to monitor the doors and maybe the =
hood. I would also like a motion sensor. Our route starts in Cincinnati =
heading first to Colorado Springs, Co. to drive up Pikes Peak with a =
bunch of local TriState Triumph people. Then my wife and I will head out =
by ourselves to visit Mt. Rushmore, then up to Yellowstone then east =
through the badlands and on to home. That=E2=80=99s a lot of motels to =
stop at and if I can=E2=80=99t park right in front of the entrance, I =
will not be sleeping very well.<br class=3D"">I know I will have to add =
door switches and another one for the hood. I am planning on adding a =
courtesy light anyway so the door switches are already planned.<br =
class=3D"">Thanks in advance!<br class=3D"">Dave Connitt<br class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://DavesTR4A.com" class=3D"">DavesTR4A.com</a><br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Sent from my iPhone<br class=3D"">** =
[email-masked] **<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Donate: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =
&nbsp;http://www.team.net/archive<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<br =
class=3D""></blockquote><br class=3D""></blockquote><br class=3D"">** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a> **<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class=3D"">Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> &nbsp;<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/cochran@uthscsa.=
edu</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D"">CAUTION: This message originated =
outside of UT Health San Antonio. Please exercise caution when clicking =
on links or opening attachments.<br class=3D""></blockquote><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">**<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>**</span><br=
 style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
</div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_67254DC6-3876-4DED-9AEB-438C59A95505--

--===============1396878367144865407==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1396878367144865407==--

---

From: Greg Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 21:15:19 -0600

--===============4273935962567471978==

--0000000000008fe5e505f208877d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

That is my approach as well, I do like to park my car as close to the
motel as possible in a well lit area.

Not too hard to unload it.

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023, 8:25 PM dave northrup <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I don't know about the rest of you, but I never lock the door on the TR6.
> I'd rather lose something in the car (I never leave anything valuable in
> there) than have the top slashed.
>
> I have traveled many miles and stayed in many small towns and some big
> ones.  I am unaware of anything ever being stolen.
>
> I think the real answer to your question, and it wouldn't matter what car
> you were in, is don't leave stuff in the car!  the good news is that you
> don't have to worry about your catalytic converter being stolen!!!
>
> From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dave Connit=
t
> Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my TR4A. My
> concern is more about preventing someone from stealing something out of t=
he
> car when while we are parked somewhere on the road. I was originally
> planning on just locking the doors but someone locally said that if the
> doors are locked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess I
> >     I think that one thing you might consider is that professional
> thieves often use flat bed tow trucks and simply pull the target cars up
> and are off in a matter of minutes, often without opening the doors.  In
> order to thwart them, as part of your alarm system use motion/vibration
> switches so that if the car is disturbed the alarm goes off.  Most of us
> protect our cars assuming that the theft will be having the car leave und=
er
> its own power.
> >> This summer I am planning on taking an extended trip out west in my
> >> I am looking for suggestions on specific alarms. I think I would like
> to monitor the doors and maybe the hood. I would also like a motion senso=
r.
> Our route starts in Cincinnati heading first to Colorado Springs, Co. to
> drive up Pikes Peak with a bunch of local TriState Triumph people. Then m=
y
> wife and I will head out by ourselves to visit Mt. Rushmore, then up to
> Yellowstone then east through the badlands and on to home. That=E2=80=99s=
 a lot of
> motels to stop at and if I can=E2=80=99t park right in front of the entra=
nce, I
> will not be sleeping very well.
> >> I know I will have to add door switches and another one for the hood. =
I
> am planning on adding a courtesy light anyway so the door switches are
> already planned.
> >> Thanks in advance!
> >> Dave Connitt
> >> DavesTR4A.com
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone
> >> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--0000000000008fe5e505f208877d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">That is my approach as well, I do like to park my car as =
close to the motel=C2=A0as possible in a well lit area.<div dir=3D"auto"><b=
r></div><div dir=3D"auto">Not too hard to unload it.</div><div dir=3D"auto"=
><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Greg Lemon</div><div dir=3D"auto">TR250</div><=
/div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">O=
n Wed, Jan 11, 2023, 8:25 PM dave northrup &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dave@rante=
er.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:=
1ex">I don&#39;t know about the rest of you, but I never lock the door on t=
he TR6.=C2=A0 I&#39;d rather lose something in the car (I never leave anyth=
ing valuable in there) than have the top slashed.<br>
<br>
I have traveled many miles and stayed in many small towns and some big ones=
.=C2=A0 I am unaware of anything ever being stolen.<br>
<br>
I think the real answer to your question, and it wouldn&#39;t matter what c=
ar you were in, is don&#39;t leave stuff in the car!=C2=A0 the good news is=
 that you don&#39;t have to worry about your catalytic converter being stol=
en!!!<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Triumphs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" targe=
t=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt; On =
Behalf Of Dave Connitt<br>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 7:34 PM<br>
To: Robert Rochlin &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_b=
lank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: Triumphs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blan=
k" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking about installing an alarm system in my TR4A<br>
<br>
Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my TR4A. My conce=
rn is more about preventing someone from stealing something out of the car =
when while we are parked somewhere on the road. I was originally planning o=
n just locking the doors but someone locally said that if the doors are loc=
ked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess I could just store =
the valuable things in the locked trunk?<br>
Dave<br>
<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
<br>
&gt; On Jan 11, 2023, at 5:08 PM, Robert Rochlin &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rroc=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]=
</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BFHi Dave,<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 It sounds like a great trip, being planned well in advanc=
e.<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0I think that one thing you might consider is that p=
rofessional thieves often use flat bed tow trucks and simply pull the targe=
t cars up and are off in a matter of minutes, often without opening the doo=
rs.=C2=A0 In order to thwart them, as part of your alarm system use motion/=
vibration switches so that if the car is disturbed the alarm goes off.=C2=
=A0 Most of us protect our cars assuming that the theft will be having the =
car leave under its own power. <br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Best,<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 Bob<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; On Jan 11, 2023, at 11:40 AM, Dave Connitt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:d=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Hello Everyone,<br>
&gt;&gt; This summer I am planning on taking an extended trip out west in m=
y TR4A. Has anyone installed a alarm system in a TR4A?<br>
&gt;&gt; I am looking for suggestions on specific alarms. I think I would l=
ike to monitor the doors and maybe the hood. I would also like a motion sen=
sor. Our route starts in Cincinnati heading first to Colorado Springs, Co. =
to drive up Pikes Peak with a bunch of local TriState Triumph people. Then =
my wife and I will head out by ourselves to visit Mt. Rushmore, then up to =
Yellowstone then east through the badlands and on to home. That=E2=80=99s a=
 lot of motels to stop at and if I can=E2=80=99t park right in front of the=
 entrance, I will not be sleeping very well.<br>
&gt;&gt; I know I will have to add door switches and another one for the ho=
od. I am planning on adding a courtesy light anyway so the door switches ar=
e already planned.<br>
&gt;&gt; Thanks in advance!<br>
&gt;&gt; Dave Connitt<br>
&gt;&gt; DavesTR4A.com<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt;&gt; ** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" re=
l=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D=
"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tri=
umphs</a>=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer n=
oreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/optio=
ns/triumphs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_=
blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<=
/a><br>
&gt; <br>
<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=
=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=
=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000008fe5e505f208877d--

--===============4273935962567471978==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4273935962567471978==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:43:23 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0257711700949620432==
 boundary="------------93F2sEfwgrRgOrWEdHzaXI1G"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------93F2sEfwgrRgOrWEdHzaXI1G
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

you can purchase small ultrasonic alarms.... little box designed to 
sense spacial changes.
Leave the doors unlocked ( to protect your ragtop)   open a door and the 
alarm sounds.   Stand alone so the sound is LOUD inside the car, and any 
vibration will trigger your normal alarm.
Crimestopper makes good simple cheap alarms, two stage vibration 
sensors...  chirp chirp  or full alam triggered

ptegler

On 1/11/2023 10:15 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:
>     I don't know about the rest of you, but I never lock the door on
>     the TR6. I'd rather lose something in the car (I never leave
>     anything valuable in there) than have the top slashed.
>
>     I have traveled many miles and stayed in many small towns and some
>     big ones  I am unaware of anything ever being stolen.
>
>     I think the real answer to your question, and it wouldn't matter
>     what car you were in, is don't leave stuff in the car! the good
>     news is that you don't have to worry about your catalytic
>     converter being stolen!!!
>
>     Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my TR4A.
>     My concern is more about preventing someone from stealing
>     something out of the car when while we are parked somewhere on the
>     road. I was originally planning on just locking the doors but
>     someone locally said that if the doors are locked the thief would
>     just cut the top to get in. I guess I could just store the
>     valuable things in the locked trunk?
>     Dave
>
>     Sent from my iPhone
>
>     >     I think that one thing you might consider is that
>     professional thieves often use flat bed tow trucks and simply pull
>     the target cars up and are off in a matter of minutes, often
>     without opening the doors.  In order to thwart them, as part of
>     your alarm system use motion/vibration switches so that if the car
>     is disturbed the alarm goes off.  Most of us protect our cars
>     assuming that the theft will be having the car leave under its own
>     power.
>     >    Best,
>     >    Bob
>     >
>     >> This summer I am planning on taking an extended trip out west
>     in my TR4A. Has anyone installed a alarm system in a TR4A?
>     >> I am looking for suggestions on specific alarms. I think I
>     would like to monitor the doors and maybe the hood. I would also
>     like a motion sensor. Our route starts in Cincinnati heading first
>     to Colorado Springs, Co. to drive up Pikes Peak with a bunch of
>     local TriState Triumph people. Then my wife and I will head out by
>     ourselves to visit Mt. Rushmore, then up to Yellowstone then east
>     through the badlands and on to home. That’s a lot of motels to
>     stop at and if I can’t park right in front of the entrance, I will
>     not be sleeping very well.
>     >> I know I will have to add door switches and another one for the
>     hood. I am planning on adding a courtesy light anyway so the door
> [email-masked]  **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]   www.teglerizer.com

--------------93F2sEfwgrRgOrWEdHzaXI1G
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>you can purchase small ultrasonic alarms.... little box designed
      to sense spacial changes.<br>
      Leave the doors unlocked ( to protect your ragtop)   open a door
      and the alarm sounds.   Stand alone so the sound is LOUD inside
      the car, and any vibration will trigger your normal alarm.<br>
      Crimestopper makes good simple cheap alarms, two stage vibration
      sensors...  chirp chirp  or full alam triggered</p>
    <p>ptegler <br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/11/2023 10:15 PM, Greg Lemon
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAFtw3aZ_jfNreMiVEHPHthajoaW23sYpEprq6t=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">That is my approach as well, I do like to park my
        car as close to the motel as possible in a well lit area.
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">Not too hard to unload it.</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">Greg Lemon</div>
        <div dir="auto">TR250</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Wed, Jan 11, 2023, 8:25 PM
          dave northrup &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I don't know
          about the rest of you, but I never lock the door on the TR6. 
          I'd rather lose something in the car (I never leave anything
          valuable in there) than have the top slashed.<br>
          <br>
          I have traveled many miles and stayed in many small towns and
          some big ones  I am unaware of anything ever being stolen.<br>
          <br>
          I think the real answer to your question, and it wouldn't
          matter what car you were in, is don't leave stuff in the car! 
          the good news is that you don't have to worry about your
          catalytic converter being stolen!!!<br>
          <br>
          -----Original Message-----<br>
          From: Triumphs &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          On Behalf Of Dave Connitt<br>
          Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 7:34 PM<br>
          To: Robert Rochlin &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
          Cc: Triumphs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
          Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking about installing an alarm system in
          my TR4A<br>
          <br>
          Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my
          TR4A. My concern is more about preventing someone from
          stealing something out of the car when while we are parked
          somewhere on the road. I was originally planning on just
          locking the doors but someone locally said that if the doors
          are locked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess
          I could just store the valuable things in the locked trunk?<br>
          Dave<br>
          <br>
          Sent from my iPhone<br>
          <br>
          &gt; On Jan 11, 2023, at 5:08 PM, Robert Rochlin &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          &gt; <br>
          &gt; Hi Dave,<br>
          &gt;    It sounds like a great trip, being planned well in
          advance.<br>
          &gt;     I think that one thing you might consider is that
          professional thieves often use flat bed tow trucks and simply
          pull the target cars up and are off in a matter of minutes,
          often without opening the doors.  In order to thwart them, as
          part of your alarm system use motion/vibration switches so
          that if the car is disturbed the alarm goes off.  Most of us
          protect our cars assuming that the theft will be having the
          car leave under its own power. <br>
          &gt;    Best,<br>
          &gt;    Bob<br>
          &gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; On Jan 11, 2023, at 11:40 AM, Dave Connitt &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Hello Everyone,<br>
          &gt;&gt; This summer I am planning on taking an extended trip
          out west in my TR4A. Has anyone installed a alarm system in a
          TR4A?<br>
          &gt;&gt; I am looking for suggestions on specific alarms. I
          think I would like to monitor the doors and maybe the hood. I
          would also like a motion sensor. Our route starts in
          Cincinnati heading first to Colorado Springs, Co. to drive up
          Pikes Peak with a bunch of local TriState Triumph people. Then
          my wife and I will head out by ourselves to visit Mt.
          Rushmore, then up to Yellowstone then east through the
          badlands and on to home. That’s a lot of motels to stop at and
          if I can’t park right in front of the entrance, I will not be
          sleeping very well.<br>
          &gt;&gt; I know I will have to add door switches and another
          one for the hood. I am planning on adding a courtesy light
          anyway so the door switches are already planned.<br>
          &gt;&gt; Thanks in advance!<br>
          &gt;&gt; Dave Connitt<br>
          &gt;&gt; DavesTR4A.com<br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>
          &gt;&gt; ** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          &gt;&gt; Archive: <a
            href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
          <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          &gt;&gt; <br>
          &gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
          &gt; <br>
          <br>
          ** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
          <br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
          <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
          ** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
          <br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
          <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------93F2sEfwgrRgOrWEdHzaXI1G--

--===============0257711700949620432==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0257711700949620432==--

---

From: Hoyt Duff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 09:24:17 -0500

On 1/11/23, Dave Connitt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> concern is more about preventing someone from stealing something out of the
> doors are locked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess I could
> just store the valuable things in the locked trunk?
> Dave
>

If they are that valuable, keep them in a bag and take them with you
to the room.

-- 
Hoyt

---

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 08:51:20 -0800

--===============3947347070761795508==

--000000000000d7bf5e05f213edb5

I have a Stag. When the softtop is either down or up, I don't care whether
the doors are locked. I do, however, lock the glove box.  On the other
hand, when the metal hard top on the car, I'm paranoid about making sure
the doors are locked.
Sujit

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 6:34 AM Hoyt Duff <[email-masked]> wrote:

> could
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California

https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/

--000000000000d7bf5e05f213edb5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I have a Stag. When the softtop is either down or up, I do=
n&#39;t care whether the doors are locked. I do, however, lock the glove bo=
x.=C2=A0 On the other hand, when the metal hard top on the car, I&#39;m par=
anoid about making sure the doors are locked.=C2=A0<div>Sujit<br></div></di=
v><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On T=
hu, Jan 12, 2023 at 6:34 AM Hoyt Duff &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:hoytduff@gmail.=
com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,=
204);padding-left:1ex">On 1/11/23, Dave Connitt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dconn=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Thanks for all the great suggestions on alarm systems for my TR4A. My<=
br>
&gt; concern is more about preventing someone from stealing something out o=
f the<br>
&gt; car when while we are parked somewhere on the road. I was originally<b=
r>
&gt; planning on just locking the doors but someone locally said that if th=
e<br>
&gt; doors are locked the thief would just cut the top to get in. I guess I=
 could<br>
&gt; just store the valuable things in the locked trunk?<br>
&gt; Dave<br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
If they are that valuable, keep them in a bag and take them with you<br>
to the room.<br>
<br>
<br>
-- <br>
Hoyt<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">triumphs@au=
tox.team.net</a> **<br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Sujit Roy<br>Cupertino, Ca=
lifornia</div><div><br><a href=3D"https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/" t=
arget=3D"_blank">https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/</a><br><br></div></=
div></div>

--000000000000d7bf5e05f213edb5--

--===============3947347070761795508==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3947347070761795508==--