Subject: [TR] What wonderful news

From: "Ron L\"Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 14:05:32 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8871180467308682631==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D86DE5.00FE3DF0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D86DE5.00FE3DF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Last night I drove my TR-6 to a high school class reunion for Our Lady of
Providence Preparatory Seminary, Providence, RI, my first job out of college
in 1969.   The second year I was there, I sold my TR-3 to one of the
students and bought a Gt-6+ which I had for about a year before buying a
brand new TR-6.  One of the "students" sat down next to me and said, "I'm
the guy who bought your TR-3."  Holy Cow!   He went on to tell me that he
and his brother had completely taken it apart and restored it.   They kept
it about 9 years before selling it.  I was so happy to hear that.  I'd often
wondered what had become of the 3, a car I still miss to this day.   He
couldn't remember the name of the fellow who bought the 3 unfortunately.
He had driven to the event in one of the antiques he owns, a beautiful whit
59 Pontiac convertible, which I had parked next to in the parking lot!
Wheeee!!!!!

Ron L

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D86DE5.00FE3DF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Last night I drove my TR-6 to =
a high school class reunion for Our Lady of Providence Preparatory =
Seminary, Providence, RI, my first job out of college in =
1969.&nbsp;&nbsp; The second year I was there, I sold my TR-3 to one of =
the students and bought a Gt-6+ which I had for about a year before =
buying a brand new TR-6.&nbsp; One of the &#8220;students&#8221; sat =
down next to me and said, &#8220;I&#8217;m the guy who bought your =
TR-3.&#8221;&nbsp; Holy Cow!&nbsp; &nbsp;He went on to tell me that he =
and his brother had completely taken it apart and restored =
it.&nbsp;&nbsp; They kept it about 9 years before selling it.&nbsp; I =
was so happy to hear that.&nbsp; I&#8217;d often wondered what had =
become of the 3, a car I still miss to this day.&nbsp;&nbsp; He =
couldn&#8217;t remember the name of the fellow who bought the 3 =
unfortunately.&nbsp;&nbsp; He had driven to the event in one of the =
antiques he owns, a beautiful whit 59 Pontiac convertible, which I had =
parked next to in the parking lot!&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Wheeee!!!!!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron L<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D86DE5.00FE3DF0--

--===============8871180467308682631==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8871180467308682631==--