Subject: [TR] F/S: Laycock 'J Type' overdrive, shaft, plate

From: "Blake J. Discher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 16:05:06 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------NBp9POjTZY0kXrMPqLeuMu5o
 boundary="------------6em0oPaxciAiVsN0tfzB3GzS"

--------------6em0oPaxciAiVsN0tfzB3GzS
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Listers,

I've been on the list many years, learned a ton, envy the experts both 
here and those who have passed on.  I'm putting some of my parts on 
eBay.  I thought I'd first offer up a J-Type OD unit here in case anyone 
is looking for one.  The first two digits of the serial number are 27 
which from my research indicates it is from a Volvo and provides 27-28% 
overdrive.  (I'm seeing that in a post on triumphexp.com that discusses 
Laycock overdrive serial numbers.)

I do have the mainshaft and the adapter plate. Purchased off of eBay 
from a guy in Canada, I never installed it on my TR6, it's sat in my 
basement for at least 10 years.  All I can say is that the unit spins 
freely by hand, I can't speak to any other performance.

I don't want to break up the trio, Rimmer has the adapter plate at $265 
and the mainshaft at $269.  I'm thinking I'd like to get somewhere in 
the neighborhood of $1,200 as-is.  I did check eBay, there is one 
rebuilt unit, overdrive only (no plate or shaft) at starting bid $800, 
buy it now $1,200.  That's how I'm coming up with my asking price.

Thanks,
Blake Discher
313-259-4460
--------------6em0oPaxciAiVsN0tfzB3GzS
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font face="Avenir">Listers,<br>
      <br>
      I've been on the list many years, learned a ton, envy the experts
      both here and those who have passed on.  I'm putting some of my
      parts on eBay.  I thought I'd first offer up a J-Type OD unit here
      in case anyone is looking for one.  The first two digits of the
      serial number are 27 which from my research indicates it is from a
      Volvo and provides 27-28% overdrive.  (I'm seeing that in a post
      on triumphexp.com that discusses Laycock overdrive serial
      numbers.)  <br>
      <br>
      I do have the mainshaft and the adapter plate.  </font><font
      face="Avenir"><font face="Avenir">Purchased off of eBay from a guy
        in Canada, </font>I never installed it on my TR6, it's sat in
      my basement for at least 10 years.  All I can say is that the unit
      spins freely by hand, I can't speak to any other performance.  <br>
      <br>
      I don't want to break up the trio, Rimmer has the adapter plate at
      $265 and the mainshaft at $269.  I'm thinking I'd like to get
      somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,200 as-is.  I did check eBay,
      there is one rebuilt unit, overdrive only (no plate or shaft) at
      starting bid $800, buy it now $1,200.  That's how I'm coming up
      with my asking price.<br>
      <br>
      Thanks,<br>
      Blake Discher<br>
      313-259-4460<br>
    </font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------6em0oPaxciAiVsN0tfzB3GzS--

--------------NBp9POjTZY0kXrMPqLeuMu5o
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="J-type-OD.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------NBp9POjTZY0kXrMPqLeuMu5o
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--------------NBp9POjTZY0kXrMPqLeuMu5o--