Subject: [TR] TR3/Morgan Alternator

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:41:32 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4649188972486206658==
 boundary="------------Dz8DYvsHrlW1C0iddlBAyVMv"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------Dz8DYvsHrlW1C0iddlBAyVMv
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

      So I have an AC Delco 10si alternator in my 1953 Morgan +4 
(similar engine block as a TR3) that I bought from Triumph Rescue. It 
only mounts at one point at the front of the engine and it shakes a lot. 
I have tried tightening the mounts and tightening and loosening the belt 
to see if that helps. It is also a pain to put in or remove from the 
cramped engine compartment of the Morgan. Previously I had had a DynoAlt 
(alternator in a Lucas generator case), but it kept burning out so I 
went with Triumph Rescue in a clinch. In the old days of about 10 years 
ago I used a Bosch alternator from a 1980 Ford Fiesta in my other 
Triumphs. Those are pretty much unicorns these days. I have been 
thinking of trying a REMY 13107 from RockAuto or my local auto parts 
store. It has mounting ears front and rear like a Lucas generator or the 
old Bosch alternators so it should be a better mount. Has anyone fitted 
one of these? Any issues? Does it fit the TR3 generator mount?

1980 FORD FIESTA 1.6L 98cid L4 Alternator / Generator | RockAuto 
<https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1980,fiesta,1.6l+98cid+l4,1128293,electrical,alternator+/+generator,2412>

     TIA,

      Bill Brewer

      Morro Bay, CA

--------------Dz8DYvsHrlW1C0iddlBAyVMv
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>     So I have an AC Delco 10si alternator in my 1953 Morgan +4
      (similar engine block as a TR3) that I bought from Triumph Rescue.
      It only mounts at one point at the front of the engine and it
      shakes a lot. I have tried tightening the mounts and tightening
      and loosening the belt to see if that helps. It is also a pain to
      put in or remove from the cramped engine compartment of the
      Morgan. Previously I had had a DynoAlt (alternator in a Lucas
      generator case), but it kept burning out so I went with Triumph
      Rescue in a clinch. In the old days of about 10 years ago I used a
      Bosch alternator from a 1980 Ford Fiesta in my other Triumphs.
      Those are pretty much unicorns these days. I have been thinking of
      trying a REMY 13107 from RockAuto or my local auto parts store. It
      has mounting ears front and rear like a Lucas generator or the old
      Bosch alternators so it should be a better mount. Has anyone
      fitted one of these? Any issues? Does it fit the TR3 generator
      mount?<br>
    </p>
    <p>    <a
href="https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1980,fiesta,1.6l+98cid+l4,1128293,electrical,alternator+/+generator,2412">1980
        FORD FIESTA 1.6L 98cid L4 Alternator / Generator | RockAuto</a></p>
    <p>    TIA,<br>
    </p>
    <p>     Bill Brewer</p>
    <p>     Morro Bay, CA<br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------Dz8DYvsHrlW1C0iddlBAyVMv--

--===============4649188972486206658==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4649188972486206658==--