Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 15, Issue 21

From: Mike Coe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 16:57:48 -0700 (MST)

--===============2972879822855930239==
	boundary="=_eba3071d-e3ee-4e05-81cf-b50b1cc8a7f0"

--=_eba3071d-e3ee-4e05-81cf-b50b1cc8a7f0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Oh, sad loss indeed.As an immigrant from England many, many years ago to Canada {currently Calgary}, Triumph came into my life via TR2 to my current TR8, So names were well known, so Davids name {and others Triumph chaps} was well known. His final Triumph heaven I'm sure. Cheers...Mike Coe.
----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 12:00:02 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Triumphs Digest, Vol 15, Issue 21

Send Triumphs mailing list submissions to
[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Triumphs digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. Re: Another Triumph loss ([email-masked])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 19:00:51 -0500
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "'John Macartney'" <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] Another Triumph loss

Thanks for sharing Jon. Sorry to hear of another Triumph loss. It seems like it is the "season". It brings to mind the many great Triumph connections I, and others, have lost. It also serves to remind us to take the time to let them know how much they are appreciated while they are still among us.

Cheers
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: John Macartney <[email-masked]> 
Sent: February 4, 2022 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Another Triumph loss

I?m guessing that few, if any, on this list will recognise the name of David Gleed. Until he retired DAVE worked for Standard-Triumph and BL/MG Rover. He came to prominence when he worked in the Competitions Dept in Coventry and along with the late Ray Henderson and a few other unsung stalwarts, got to work on the rally cars under Ken Richardson and travelled several times as part of the Works Team at Le Mans and many of the European rallies. DAVE?s stories of starting and working on the Sabrina engined cars were legendary - and he had many. DAVE?s automotive love was his long door TR2 that got taken out and blasted around Coventry and district whenever the mood took him - which was often. His thoughts on MVC 575 being cosseted like a piece of Meissen porcelain were mostly very apt and hit the mark, though perhaps not printable.
I got to renew my friendship with Dave when I was organising event days for ST at BMIHT and I always knew he?d be the first to book space for his stand where he sold unobtanium. No one knew his sources and he?d never divulge them but if you found yourself really stuck for a vital NLS component, Dave was the man to ask. He?d find it, though there was always the chance he?d already got it stashed away in his storeroom and usually several more than just one. 
He died rather suddenly earlier this month at age 86 with his devoted wife and fellow stall worker Margaret at his side. The Triumph fraternity has lost a truly remarkable, kind, generous, caring, knowledgeable and incredibly funny man who was imho one of the true ?Motor industry? greats of the post war years. An unsung hero if ever there was one and although I?m eight years his junior, there?s no doubt in my mind that Triumph enthusiasts the world over have lost someone who was really special and truly one of a kind. Bless you my lovely funny friend. You won?t set your overalls sleeves on fire doing a cold start on a Sabrina engine now. God just won?t allow that to happen in that Competitions Dept on the other side.

Jonmac

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________

Triumphs mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs

------------------------------

End of Triumphs Digest, Vol 15, Issue 21
****************************************

--=_eba3071d-e3ee-4e05-81cf-b50b1cc8a7f0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:10pt; font=
-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style></head><body><div><br></div><=
div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>Oh, sad loss indeed.</div><div>As a=
n immigrant from England many, many years ago to Canada {currently Calgary}=
, Triumph came into my life via TR2 to my current TR8, So names were well k=
nown, so Davids name {and others Triumph chaps} was well known. His final T=
riumph heaven I'm sure. </div><div>Cheers...Mike Coe.</div><div><br></div><=
div>----- Original Message -----<br>From: [email-masked]<b=
r>To: [email-masked]<br>Sent: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 12:00:02 -0700 (MST=
)<br>Subject: Triumphs Digest, Vol 15, Issue 21<br></div><div><br></div><di=
v>Send Triumphs mailing list submissions to<br>[email-masked]<br><=
/div><div><br></div><div>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web=
, visit<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs<br>or, via email=
, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>[email-masked]=
eam.net<br></div><div><br></div><div>You can reach the person managing the =
list at<br>[email-masked]<br></div><div><br></div><div>When =
replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>than "Re:=
 Contents of Triumphs digest..."<br></div><div><br></div><div><br>Today's T=
opics:<br></div><div><br></div><div>1. Re: Another Triumph loss (keithstewa=
[email-masked])<br></div><div><br></div><div><br>-----------------------------=
-----------------------------------------<br></div><div><br></div><div>Mess=
age: 1<br>Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 19:00:51 -0500<br>From: &lt;keithstewart@be=
ll.net&gt;<br>To: "'John Macartney'" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;,<br>&lt=
;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [TR] Another Triumph loss<br>M=
essage-ID: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type=
: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br></div><div><br></div><div>Thanks for sha=
ring Jon. Sorry to hear of another Triumph loss. It seems like it is the "s=
eason". It brings to mind the many great Triumph connections I, and others,=
 have lost. It also serves to remind us to take the time to let them know h=
ow much they are appreciated while they are still among us.<br></div><div><=
br></div><div>Cheers<br>Keith<br></div><div><br></div><div>-----Original Me=
ssage-----<br>From: John Macartney &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent:=
 February 4, 2022 4:13 PM<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Subject: [TR] A=
nother Triumph loss<br></div><div><br></div><div>I?m guessing that few, if =
any, on this list will recognise the name of David Gleed. Until he retired =
DAVE worked for Standard-Triumph and BL/MG Rover. He came to prominence whe=
n he worked in the Competitions Dept in Coventry and along with the late Ra=
y Henderson and a few other unsung stalwarts, got to work on the rally cars=
 under Ken Richardson and travelled several times as part of the Works Team=
 at Le Mans and many of the European rallies. DAVE?s stories of starting an=
d working on the Sabrina engined cars were legendary - and he had many. DAV=
E?s automotive love was his long door TR2 that got taken out and blasted ar=
ound Coventry and district whenever the mood took him - which was often. Hi=
s thoughts on MVC 575 being cosseted like a piece of Meissen porcelain were=
 mostly very apt and hit the mark, though perhaps not printable.<br>I got t=
o renew my friendship with Dave when I was organising event days for ST at =
BMIHT and I always knew he?d be the first to book space for his stand where=
 he sold unobtanium. No one knew his sources and he?d never divulge them bu=
t if you found yourself really stuck for a vital NLS component, Dave was th=
e man to ask. He?d find it, though there was always the chance he?d already=
 got it stashed away in his storeroom and usually several more than just on=
e. <br>He died rather suddenly earlier this month at age 86 with his devote=
d wife and fellow stall worker Margaret at his side. The Triumph fraternity=
 has lost a truly remarkable, kind, generous, caring, knowledgeable and inc=
redibly funny man who was imho one of the true ?Motor industry? greats of t=
he post war years. An unsung hero if ever there was one and although I?m ei=
ght years his junior, there?s no doubt in my mind that Triumph enthusiasts =
the world over have lost someone who was really special and truly one of a =
kind. Bless you my lovely funny friend. You won?t set your overalls sleeves=
 on fire doing a cold start on a Sabrina engine now. God just won?t allow t=
hat to happen in that Competitions Dept on the other side.<br></div><div><b=
r></div><div>Jonmac<br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><=
div><br>------------------------------<br></div><div><br></div><div>Subject=
: Digest Footer<br></div><div><br></div><div>______________________________=
_________________<br></div><div><br></div><div>Triumphs mailing list<br>Tri=
[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs<br>=
</div><div><br></div><div><br>------------------------------<br></div><div>=
<br></div><div>End of Triumphs Digest, Vol 15, Issue 21<br>****************=
************************<br></div><div><br></div></body></html>
--=_eba3071d-e3ee-4e05-81cf-b50b1cc8a7f0--

--===============2972879822855930239==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2972879822855930239==--