Subject: Re: [TR] Stag, TR6, GT6 Stromberg Carbs

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 23:00:37 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7582556737887205623==
	boundary="----=_Part_168966_295886232.1628377237905"

------=_Part_168966_295886232.1628377237905
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Check the face of the carb where it bolts up to the insulator.=C2=A0 Is th=
ere a small port in the approximate area where you find the slot in the old=
 insulator?=C2=A0 I believe it is for the over-run valve and perhaps one of=
 the other control devices bolted on the side of the carb.=C2=A0 Those may =
not work properly without the slot.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Magnusson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Sat, Aug 7, 2021 9:37 am
Subject: [TR] Stag, TR6, GT6 Stromberg Carbs

Carb insulators.=C2=A0 Just pulled my carbs off the intake Y adapter on my =
Stag to replace the insulators/gaskets which were leaking and have a questi=
on.=C2=A0 The original insulators have a slot on one side that mates to wha=
t appears to be a passage on the carb face (the side with the 4 attachment =
bolts).=C2=A0 BUT the new insulators and gaskets from Rimmers do not have t=
his slot at all.=C2=A0 Wondering what the purpose of the slot is and if I n=
eed to have the insulators machined to have a slot cut into them or if they=
 are ok to install as is without the slot.=C2=A0 ROM mentions to align the =
insulator with the slot as does TR6 guidance.=C2=A0 Stromberg overhaul manu=
al doesn't even mention it.

Sent from my iPad
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

------=_Part_168966_295886232.1628377237905
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">Check the face of the carb where it bolts up to the insulator.&nbsp; Is there a small port in the approximate area where you find the slot in the old insulator?&nbsp; I believe it is for the over-run valve and perhaps one of the other control devices bolted on the side of the carb.&nbsp; Those may not work properly without the slot.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Frank Magnusson &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Sent: Sat, Aug 7, 2021 9:37 am<br>
Subject: [TR] Stag, TR6, GT6 Stromberg Carbs<br>
<br>

<div dir="ltr">Carb insulators.&nbsp; Just pulled my carbs off the intake Y adapter on my Stag to replace the insulators/gaskets which were leaking and have a question.&nbsp; The original insulators have a slot on one side that mates to what appears to be a passage on the carb face (the side with the 4 attachment bolts).&nbsp; BUT the new insulators and gaskets from Rimmers do not have this slot at all.&nbsp; Wondering what the purpose of the slot is and if I need to have the insulators machined to have a slot cut into them or if they are ok to install as is without the slot.&nbsp; ROM mentions to align the insulator with the slot as does TR6 guidance.&nbsp; Stromberg overhaul manual doesn't even mention it.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Sent from my iPad<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs </a> <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_168966_295886232.1628377237905--

--===============7582556737887205623==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7582556737887205623==--

---

From: Frank Magnusson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:51:33 -0500

--===============4585051397593633520==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	boundary=Apple-Mail-8712AA3D-F49A-4A6B-9335-2C41E6E56218

--Apple-Mail-8712AA3D-F49A-4A6B-9335-2C41E6E56218
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks Dave,

You're right.  Turns out it is a port to the bypass valve, which the US Stag=
 carbs had but the UK ones did not.  Same as TR6 which has that slot in the i=
nsulators.  Will either order a set of TR6 insulators which hopefully are th=
e same thickness or just cut the slot in the ones I have.

Thanks,
Frank

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 7, 2021, at 6:00 PM, DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Check the face of the carb where it bolts up to the insulator.  Is there a=
 small port in the approximate area where you find the slot in the old insul=
ator?  I believe it is for the over-run valve and perhaps one of the other c=
ontrol devices bolted on the side of the carb.  Those may not work properly w=
ithout the slot.
> Carb insulators.  Just pulled my carbs off the intake Y adapter on my Stag=
 to replace the insulators/gaskets which were leaking and have a question.  T=
he original insulators have a slot on one side that mates to what appears to=
 be a passage on the carb face (the side with the 4 attachment bolts).  BUT t=
he new insulators and gaskets from Rimmers do not have this slot at all.  Wo=
ndering what the purpose of the slot is and if I need to have the insulators=
 machined to have a slot cut into them or if they are ok to install as is wi=
thout the slot.  ROM mentions to align the insulator with the slot as does T=
R6 guidance.  Stromberg overhaul manual doesn't even mention it.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
e
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave1ma=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-8712AA3D-F49A-4A6B-9335-2C41E6E56218
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>Thanks Dave,</div><div id="AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id="AppleMailSignature">You're right. &nbsp;Turns out it is a port to the bypass valve, which the US Stag carbs had but the UK ones did not. &nbsp;Same as TR6 which has that slot in the insulators. &nbsp;Will either order a set of TR6 insulators which hopefully are the same thickness or just cut the slot in the ones I have.</div><div id="AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id="AppleMailSignature">Thanks,</div><div id="AppleMailSignature">Frank<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div><div><br>On Aug 7, 2021, at 6:00 PM, DAVID MASSEY &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>
<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">Check the face of the carb where it bolts up to the insulator.&nbsp; Is there a small port in the approximate area where you find the slot in the old insulator?&nbsp; I believe it is for the over-run valve and perhaps one of the other control devices bolted on the side of the carb.&nbsp; Those may not work properly without the slot.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Frank Magnusson &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
Sent: Sat, Aug 7, 2021 9:37 am<br>
Subject: [TR] Stag, TR6, GT6 Stromberg Carbs<br>
<br>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>
</font></div>
</div>
</div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-8712AA3D-F49A-4A6B-9335-2C41E6E56218--

--===============4585051397593633520==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4585051397593633520==--