Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A rear lever shocks

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 22:03:14 -0500

1972 TR6.  Lowered with GoodParts stiffer springs, upgrade front sway bar,
added rear sway bar, stiffer valved lever shocks.  Lots of engine mods too.
Car is set up for autocross and my son does quite well in it.

Wife is not so fond of the very stiff ride.

https://www.goodparts.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Jim Henningsen
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 3:07 PM
To: 'TR List' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR4A rear lever shocks

List:
Forgot to attach a pic of the alternator, narrow pulley kit, and Macy's
hurricane fan installed.

Also, I have been playing with different shock setups on the rear of the 4A.
My 67 4A is an IRS with rebuilt lever shocks with upgraded valves for extra
stiffening.  My suspension is all new with polyurethane bushings and heavy
duty comp springs (1 inch lower).  I notice that on road undulations the
rear bottoms out easily.  My 6 had the tube shock conversion kit and I
installed that with new KYB gas shocks on the 4A.  Road like a modern car
but raised the rear end up a little too high for some reason.   Am I too
optimistic to think that lever shocks even rebuilt with upgraded valves are
going to be acceptable for handling?  Anyone have experience with a nice
firm setup that they would like to share.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL
61 3A
67 4A
75 6
81 8

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 07:26:56 -0400

Dave,
Sounds great.  That’s my TR6.  It’s the Triumph TR6 Goodparts edition.  
Jim

> On Aug 1, 2021, at 11:08 PM, dave <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 12:22:10 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0481209120798365557==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0018_01D78799.04F77030"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D78799.04F77030
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6 <http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6>=20

=20

=20

=20

On Sun., Aug. 1, 2021, 11:08 p.m. dave, <[email-masked] =

1972 TR6.  Lowered with GoodParts stiffer springs, upgrade front sway =
bar,
added rear sway bar, stiffer valved lever shocks.  Lots of engine mods =
too.
Car is set up for autocross and my son does quite well in it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked] =
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 3:07 PM

List:

Also, I have been playing with different shock setups on the rear of the =
4A.
My 67 4A is an IRS with rebuilt lever shocks with upgraded valves for =
extra
stiffening.  My suspension is all new with polyurethane bushings and =
heavy
duty comp springs (1 inch lower).  I notice that on road undulations the
rear bottoms out easily.  My 6 had the tube shock conversion kit and I
installed that with new KYB gas shocks on the 4A.  Road like a modern =
car
but raised the rear end up a little too high for some reason.   Am I too
optimistic to think that lever shocks even rebuilt with upgraded valves =
are
going to be acceptable for handling?  Anyone have experience with a nice
firm setup that they would like to share.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL
61 3A
67 4A
75 6
81 8

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D78799.04F77030
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6">www.ranteer.com/davescars/t=
r6</a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Sun., Aug. 1, 2021, 11:08 p.m. dave, &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal>1972 =
TR6.&nbsp; Lowered with GoodParts stiffer springs, upgrade front sway =
bar,<br>added rear sway bar, stiffer valved lever shocks.&nbsp; Lots of =
engine mods too.<br>Car is set up for autocross and my son does quite =
well in it.<br><br>Wife is not so fond of the very stiff ride.<br><br><a =
href=3D"https://www.goodparts.com/" =
target=3D"_blank">https://www.goodparts.com/</a><br><br><br>-----Original=
 Message-----<br>From: Triumphs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; On Behalf Of =
Jim Henningsen<br>Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 3:07 PM<br>To: 'TR List' =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Subject: [TR] TR4A =
rear lever shocks<br><br>List:<br>Forgot to attach a pic of the =
alternator, narrow pulley kit, and Macy's<br>hurricane fan =
installed.<br><br>Also, I have been playing with different shock setups =
on the rear of the 4A.<br>My 67 4A is an IRS with rebuilt lever shocks =
with upgraded valves for extra<br>stiffening.&nbsp; My suspension is all =
new with polyurethane bushings and heavy<br>duty comp springs (1 inch =
lower).&nbsp; I notice that on road undulations the<br>rear bottoms out =
easily.&nbsp; My 6 had the tube shock conversion kit and I<br>installed =
that with new KYB gas shocks on the 4A.&nbsp; Road like a modern =
car<br>but raised the rear end up a little too high for some =
reason.&nbsp; &nbsp;Am I too<br>optimistic to think that lever shocks =
even rebuilt with upgraded valves are<br>going to be acceptable for =
handling?&nbsp; Anyone have experience with a nice<br>firm setup that =
they would like to share.<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br>Jim =
Henningsen<br>Ocala, FL<br>61 3A<br>67 4A<br>75 6<br>81 8<br><br>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Mana=
ge: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
m" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/westcana=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D78799.04F77030--

--===============0481209120798365557==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0481209120798365557==--