Subject: [TR] TR6 charging issue-update.

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:06:27 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============8048433179087715214==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0071_01D79E8A.89F10AF0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01D79E8A.89F10AF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Looks like I'm not out of the woods yet.   I didn't think the loose wire on
the oil pressure sender had anything to do with the charging system but I
was blinded by optimism.  The dash gauge showed charging up around 15V.
Today I took the car out and when I started it up, the gauge was a little
sluggish but it indicated normal charging.    A few minutes into the ride
and the gauge settled in at just over 12V!    I confirmed that with a
voltmeter later.  Looks like I need to have the unit rebuilt or replaced.
Drat.  I also checked to see when I got it  -2009!  It has been in there a
while.

Ron L

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01D79E8A.89F10AF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Looks like =
I&#8217;m not out of the woods yet.&nbsp;&nbsp; I didn&#8217;t think the =
loose wire on the oil pressure sender had anything to do with the =
charging system but I was blinded by optimism.&nbsp; The dash gauge =
showed charging up around 15V.&nbsp;&nbsp; Today I took the car out and =
when I started it up, the gauge was a little sluggish but it indicated =
normal charging.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A few minutes into the ride and the =
gauge settled in at just over 12V!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I confirmed that =
with a voltmeter later.&nbsp; Looks like I need to have the unit rebuilt =
or replaced.&nbsp; Drat.&nbsp; I also checked to see when I got it&nbsp; =
-2009!&nbsp; It has been in there a while.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
L<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0071_01D79E8A.89F10AF0--

--===============8048433179087715214==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8048433179087715214==--