Subject: Re: [TR] Monocularity

From: John Linney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 12:58:55 -0700

--===============4505852922635377273==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-C5623A9A-1F7A-4C42-BEB9-8F31EC947C39
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If I recall correctly=E2=80=A6 One relay operates both low beams. The other o=
perates both high beams. It=E2=80=99s not one relay per headlamp. Hope this h=
elps. -john

> On Jul 5, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Tom Walling <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Trying to get the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my TR6=
.
> =20
> I know I've done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will ligh=
t-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then high-beam and the rig=
ht one lights up and the left one goes out. The instructions are not all tha=
t clear about what to hook into what, but I know I haven't switched (or mixe=
d) the blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them connected to the bulb w=
ires correctly too.
> =20
> I did replace the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. Cou=
ld they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think that may cause=
 this interesting problem, but I'm not sure.
> =20
> ** [email-masked] **
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archi=
ve
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/john@li=
nneyweb.com

--Apple-Mail-C5623A9A-1F7A-4C42-BEB9-8F31EC947C39
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">If I recall correctly=E2=80=A6 One relay op=
erates both low beams. The other operates both high beams. It=E2=80=99s not o=
ne relay per headlamp. Hope this helps. -john<br><div dir=3D"ltr"><br><block=
quote type=3D"cite">On Jul 5, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Tom Walling &lt;pdqtr6@comc=
ast.net&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div d=
ir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF

 =20
  <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">=20
=20
=20
  <div class=3D"default-style" style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvet=
ica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style=3D"font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Trying to get th=
e headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my TR6. </span>
  </div>=20
  <div class=3D"default-style" style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvet=
ica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div>=20
  <div class=3D"default-style" style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvet=
ica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style=3D"font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I know I've done=
 something wrong as only one headlight at a time will light-up. When I use l=
ow-beam, the left light lights, then high-beam and the right one lights up a=
nd the left one goes out. The instructions are not all that clear about what=
 to hook into what, but I know I haven't switched (or mixed) the blue/white a=
nd blue/red wires and I have them connected to the bulb wires correctly too.=
 </span>
  </div>=20
  <div class=3D"default-style" style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvet=
ica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div>=20
  <div class=3D"default-style" style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvet=
ica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style=3D"font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I did replace th=
e headlight "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. Could they have mixed=
 the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think that may cause this interesting p=
roblem, but I'm not sure.</span>
  </div>=20
  <div class=3D"default-style" style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvet=
ica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div>=20
=20
<span>** [email-masked] **</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate:=
 http://www.team.net/donate.html</span><br><span>Archive: http://www.team.ne=
t/pipermail/triumphs &nbsp;http://www.team.net/archive</span><br><span></spa=
n><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triump=
hs/[email-masked]</span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-C5623A9A-1F7A-4C42-BEB9-8F31EC947C39--

--===============4505852922635377273==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4505852922635377273==--

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 16:25:54 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2343149517400211618==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0039_01D771BA.6D721DD0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01D771BA.6D721DD0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

That is true =E2=80=93 I installed one of the kits on our GT6 and it =
worked great. Headlight switch no longer gets hot and the lights are =
brighter. Should have installed on years ago. I assume they included the =
directions shown on the website.

=20

https://mossmotors.com/media/instructions/117-515_inst_web.pdf

=20

There is a special note at step 6.

=20

Note: The original wires going to the low beams=20

and to the high beams each split so they can=20

feed both sides of the car. You need to connect=20

the wires from the relays with the male bullet=20

connectors upstream from that split. If you don=E2=80=99t,=20

only one side of the car will light.

=20

Alex Thomson

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
John Linney
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2021 3:59 PM
To: Tom Walling
Cc: [email-masked]; Mailing List NET
Subject: Re: [TR] Monocularity

=20

If I recall correctly=E2=80=A6 One relay operates both low beams. The =
other operates both high beams. It=E2=80=99s not one relay per headlamp. =
Hope this helps. -john

=EF=BB=BF=20

Trying to get the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my =
TR6.=20

 =20

I know I've done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will =
light-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then high-beam and =
the right one lights up and the left one goes out. The instructions are =
not all that clear about what to hook into what, but I know I haven't =
switched (or mixed) the blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them =
connected to the bulb wires correctly too.=20

 =20

I did replace the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. =
Could they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think that =
may cause this interesting problem, but I'm not sure.=20

 =20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01D771BA.6D721DD0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>That is true =
=E2=80=93 I installed one of the kits on our GT6 and it worked great. =
Headlight switch no longer gets hot and the lights are brighter. Should =
have installed on years ago. I assume they included the directions shown =
on the website.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><a =
href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/media/instructions/117-515_inst_web.pdf">h=
ttps://mossmotors.com/media/instructions/117-515_inst_web.pdf</a><o:p></o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>There is a =
special note at step 6.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:red'>Note: The =
original wires going to the low beams <o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:red'>and to the high =
beams each split so they can <o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:red'>feed both sides =
of the car. You need to connect <o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:red'>the wires from =
the relays with the male bullet <o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:red'>connectors =
upstream from that split. If you don=E2=80=99t, =
<o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:red'>only one side of =
the car will light.<o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:red'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></i></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#002060'>Alex =
Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>John Linney<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, July 05, 2021 3:59 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> Tom Walling<br><b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]; =
Mailing List NET<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] =
Monocularity<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If I recall =
correctly=E2=80=A6 One relay operates both low beams. The other operates =
both high beams. It=E2=80=99s not one relay per headlamp. Hope this =
helps. -john<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>On Jul 5, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Tom Walling =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>=EF=BB=BF</span> =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#333333'>Trying to =
get the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my TR6. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#333333'>&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#333333'>I know I've =
done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will light-up. When =
I use low-beam, the left light lights, then high-beam and the right one =
lights up and the left one goes out. The instructions are not all that =
clear about what to hook into what, but I know I haven't switched (or =
mixed) the blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them connected to =
the bulb wires correctly too. <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#333333'>&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#333333'>I did =
replace the headlight &quot;pig tails&quot; with ones from British =
Wiring. Could they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think =
that may cause this interesting problem, but I'm not sure. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#333333'>&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>** =
[email-masked] **<br><br>Donate: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =
&nbsp;http://www.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<o:p></o=
:p></p></div></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0039_01D771BA.6D721DD0--

--===============2343149517400211618==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2343149517400211618==--

---

From: robert rudolphi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 20:37:11 +0000 (UTC)

I removed the radiator ductwork as I was having a simular issue and realized I did not have one of the wires correct. See # 6 in the insructions. 

Once wired correctly it is a major improvement.

Robert

On Monday, July 5, 2021, 03:46:03 PM EDT, Tom Walling <[email-masked]> wrote: 

Trying to get the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my TR6.  

I know I've done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will light-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then high-beam and the right one lights up and the left one goes out. The instructions are not all that clear about what to hook into what, but I know I haven't switched (or mixed) the blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them connected to the bulb wires correctly too.  

I did replace the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. Could they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think that may cause this interesting problem, but I'm not sure. 

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
** [email-masked] **

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 14:49:19 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2323050099527382963==
 boundary="------------4832789E98EFC581DCEA6000"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4832789E98EFC581DCEA6000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 7/5/21 12:45 PM, Tom Walling wrote:
> I know I've done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will 
> light-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then high-beam 
> and the right one lights up and the left one goes out. The 
> instructions are not all that clear about what to hook into what, but 
> I know I haven't switched (or mixed) the blue/white and blue/red wires 
> and I have them connected to the bulb wires correctly too.
> I did replace the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. 
> Could they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think that 
> may cause this interesting problem, but I'm not sure.

Not having seen your circuit. There should be a blue/white wire coming 
from your dimmer switch to the coil of one relay, and a blue red wire 
coming from your dimmer switch to the coil of the other relay. Both 
relays should have one relay contact to Battery, via a fuse. The other 
relay contact of the relay with the blue/white coil wire gets a 
blue/white wire from each headlamp socket. The other relay with the 
blue/red coil wire gets the blue/red wire from each of the two light 
sockets. Light socket black wire to chassis ground.

Sounds like you wired one headlamp to one relay and the other headlamp 
to the other relay. The Lucas wire colour code is your friend. One coil 
gets blue/white (high beam) from both headlights and the other relay 
gets Blue/red (low beam) wire from each of the headlamps.

And if your wiring kit doesn't come with the correct colour code yell at 
Moss for sourcing generic junk.

TeriAnn

-- 

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and 
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------4832789E98EFC581DCEA6000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/5/21 12:45 PM, Tom Walling wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta charset="UTF-8">
      <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
        helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span
          style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Trying to get
          the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my TR6.
        </span> </div>
      <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
        helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">   </div>
      <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
        helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span
          style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I know I've
          done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will
          light-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then
          high-beam and the right one lights up and the left one goes
          out. The instructions are not all that clear about what to
          hook into what, but I know I haven't switched (or mixed) the
          blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them connected to the
          bulb wires correctly too. </span> </div>
      <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
        helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">   </div>
      <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
        helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span
          style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I did replace
          the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. Could
          they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think
          that may cause this interesting problem, but I'm not sure.</span></div>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Not having seen your circuit. There should be a blue/white wire
      coming from your dimmer switch to the coil of one relay, and a
      blue red wire coming from your dimmer switch to the coil of the
      other relay. Both relays should have one relay contact to Battery,
      via a fuse. The other relay contact of the relay with the
      blue/white coil wire gets a blue/white wire from each headlamp
      socket. The other relay with the blue/red coil wire gets the
      blue/red wire from each of the two light sockets. Light socket
      black wire to chassis ground.<br>
      <br>
      Sounds like you wired one headlamp to one relay and the other
      headlamp to the other relay. The Lucas wire colour code is your
      friend. One coil gets blue/white (high beam) from both headlights
      and the other relay gets Blue/red (low beam) wire from each of the
      headlamps.</p>
    <p>And if your wiring kit doesn't come with the correct colour code
      yell at Moss for sourcing generic junk.<br>
    </p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------4832789E98EFC581DCEA6000--

--===============2323050099527382963==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2323050099527382963==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 20:58:11 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1372101260573581234==
 boundary="------------027B70D326D88CB1E8D417B5"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------027B70D326D88CB1E8D417B5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

But then you'll no longer have the dim yellow headlights characteristic 
of the Lucas system!  I'd note that when my Dad drove up in his TR-6 at 
nigh.  I'm sure it will be a fantastic upgrade once you get it sorted.

Cheers, Tony

On 7/5/2021 4:49 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:
>> I know I haven't switched (or mixed) the blue/white and blue/red 
>> wires and I have them connected to the bulb wires correctly too.
>> I did replace the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British 
>> Wiring. Could they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I 
>> think that may cause this interesting problem, but I'm not sure.
>
>
> to the other relay. The Lucas wire colour code is your friend. One 
> coil gets blue/white (high beam) from both headlights and the other 
> relay gets Blue/red (low beam) wire from each of the headlamps.
>
> And if your wiring kit doesn't come with the correct colour code yell 
> at Moss for sourcing generic junk.
>
> TeriAnn
>
> -- 
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------027B70D326D88CB1E8D417B5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>But then you'll no longer have the dim yellow headlights
      characteristic of the Lucas system!  I'd note that when my Dad
      drove up in his TR-6 at nigh.  I'm sure it will be a fantastic
      upgrade once you get it sorted.</p>
    <p>Cheers, Tony<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/5/2021 4:49 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/5/21 12:45 PM, Tom Walling
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        <meta charset="UTF-8">
        <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
          helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span
            style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Trying to
            get the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my
            TR6. </span> </div>
        <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
          helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">   </div>
        <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
          helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span
            style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I know I've
            done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will
            light-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then
            high-beam and the right one lights up and the left one goes
            out. The instructions are not all that clear about what to
            hook into what, but I know I haven't switched (or mixed) the
            blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them connected to
            the bulb wires correctly too. </span> </div>
        <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
          helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">   </div>
        <div class="default-style" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family:
          helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span
            style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I did
            replace the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British
            Wiring. Could they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white
            wires? I think that may cause this interesting problem, but
            I'm not sure.</span></div>
      </blockquote>
      <p><br>
      </p>
      <p>Not having seen your circuit. There should be a blue/white wire
        coming from your dimmer switch to the coil of one relay, and a
        blue red wire coming from your dimmer switch to the coil of the
        other relay. Both relays should have one relay contact to
        Battery, via a fuse. The other relay contact of the relay with
        the blue/white coil wire gets a blue/white wire from each
        headlamp socket. The other relay with the blue/red coil wire
        gets the blue/red wire from each of the two light sockets. Light
        socket black wire to chassis ground.<br>
        <br>
        Sounds like you wired one headlamp to one relay and the other
        headlamp to the other relay. The Lucas wire colour code is your
        friend. One coil gets blue/white (high beam) from both
        headlights and the other relay gets Blue/red (low beam) wire
        from each of the headlamps.</p>
      <p>And if your wiring kit doesn't come with the correct colour
        code yell at Moss for sourcing generic junk.<br>
      </p>
      <p>TeriAnn<br>
      </p>
      <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
        <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us"
            moz-do-not-send="true">Book - The Essential Guide to
            Overland Travel in the United States and Canada</a> <br>
          2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
          what to write<br>
          <br>
          <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------027B70D326D88CB1E8D417B5--

--===============1372101260573581234==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1372101260573581234==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 11:04:40 +0000 (UTC)

--===============8111715317752508700==
	boundary="----=_Part_1797153_329684358.1625569480279"

------=_Part_1797153_329684358.1625569480279
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 The first thing to check is verify that your ground connections are good.=
=C2=A0 One unconnected ground could give you symptoms like these.=C2=A0 The=
 TR6 does not have separate feeds to the right and left side so I doubt is =
the swapped connection.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Walling <[email-masked]>
To: Mailing List NET <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] =
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Jul 5, 2021 2:45 pm
Subject: [TR] Monocularity

   Trying to get the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my T=
R6.    =C2=A0   I know I've done something wrong as only one headlight at a=
 time will light-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then high-=
beam and the right one lights up and the left one goes out. The instruction=
s are not all that clear about what to hook into what, but I know I haven't=
 switched (or mixed) the blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them conn=
ected to the bulb wires correctly too.    =C2=A0   I did replace the headli=
ght "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. Could they have mixed the bl=
ue/red and blue/white wires? I think that may cause this interesting proble=
m, but I'm not sure.   =C2=A0  ** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

------=_Part_1797153_329684358.1625569480279
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">The first thing to check is verify that your ground connections are good.&nbsp; One unconnected ground could give you symptoms like these.&nbsp; The TR6 does not have separate feeds to the right and left side so I doubt is the swapped connection.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Tom Walling &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Mailing List NET &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Mon, Jul 5, 2021 2:45 pm<br>
Subject: [TR] Monocularity<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv1012274672">

<div>
  
<div class="yiv1012274672default-style" style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:#333333;">
   <span style="font-family:helvetica;font-size:12pt;">Trying to get the headlight relay kit (Moss p/n 117-515) to work on my TR6. </span>
  </div>

<div class="yiv1012274672default-style" style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:#333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div>

<div class="yiv1012274672default-style" style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:#333333;">
   <span style="font-family:helvetica;font-size:12pt;">I know I've done something wrong as only one headlight at a time will light-up. When I use low-beam, the left light lights, then high-beam and the right one lights up and the left one goes out. The instructions are not all that clear about what to hook into what, but I know I haven't switched (or mixed) the blue/white and blue/red wires and I have them connected to the bulb wires correctly too. </span>
  </div>

<div class="yiv1012274672default-style" style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:#333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div>

<div class="yiv1012274672default-style" style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:#333333;">
   <span style="font-family:helvetica;font-size:12pt;">I did replace the headlight "pig tails" with ones from British Wiring. Could they have mixed the blue/red and blue/white wires? I think that may cause this interesting problem, but I'm not sure.</span>
  </div>

<div class="yiv1012274672default-style" style="font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:#333333;">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
 
 </div>

</div>
** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs </a> <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_1797153_329684358.1625569480279--

--===============8111715317752508700==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8111715317752508700==--