Subject: [TR] TR3 spare tire pan

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 17:01:59 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D77A64.4B515A60"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D77A64.4B515A60
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D77A64.4B515A60"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D77A64.4B515A60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Listers:

I recently came across a really nice '58 overdrive TR3A which appeared solid
in every respect until I opened the spare tire cover - see pic. The whole
compartment was full of mouse nests (and dead mice) - I had cleared some
before I decided a picture might be indicated. The spare tire floor is
roached.

This is a car I would like to get running and then turn over to someone on
this or another list.  I don't want to spend a lot on it, but then again I
am not about to take shortcuts on a car which is otherwise rust-free.

By chance, does anyone have a spare tire pan, either new or in good used
condition?

As an aside, I was so excited to get the car running, only to find the
clutch is not working.  I am guessing a broken taper pin. As my wife always
reminds me - this is the joy of owning a Triumph. Sure...

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D77A64.4B515A60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>Listers:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>I recently came across a =
really nice &#8217;58 overdrive TR3A which appeared solid in every =
respect until I opened the spare tire cover &#8211; see pic. The whole =
compartment was full of mouse nests (and dead mice) &#8211; I had =
cleared some before I decided a picture might be indicated. The spare =
tire floor is roached.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>This is a car I would like =
to get running and then turn over to someone on this or another =
list.&nbsp; I don&#8217;t want to spend a lot on it, but then again I am =
not about to take shortcuts on a car which is otherwise =
rust-free.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>By chance, does anyone =
have a spare tire pan, either new or in good used =
condition?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>As an aside, I was so =
excited to get the car running, only to find the clutch is not =
working.&nbsp; I am guessing a broken taper pin. As my wife always =
reminds me &#8211; this is the joy of owning a Triumph. =
Sure&#8230;..<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Jackson, =
Michigan<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D77A64.4B515A60--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D77A64.4B515A60
	name="Rodents !!.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Rodents !!.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D77A64.4B515A60
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D77A64.4B515A60--