Subject: [TR] Starting car after storage

From: "Adrian Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:17:27 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4618404593643344510==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_006E_01D777F1.CF667120"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01D777F1.CF667120
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi folks,

I'm about to fire up the TR3 after about a year of storage.

Should I put in a teaspoon of oil into each cylinder and leave it overnight
before starting?

Cheers!

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01D777F1.CF667120
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>Hi =
folks,<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>I&#8217;m about to =
fire up
the TR3 after about a year of storage.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>Should I put in a =
teaspoon of
oil into each cylinder and leave it overnight before =
starting?<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>Cheers!<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01D777F1.CF667120--

--===============4618404593643344510==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4618404593643344510==--

---

From: "Adrian Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 21:39:16 -0400

--===============8743472374390840829==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_017D_01D77DAF.B1924160"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_017D_01D77DAF.B1924160
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Folks,

Well, I took everyone's good advice and it started up, no problem.

So naturally I decided to go for a test drive - the tow truck has just
dropped the car off.

After about a mile of driving, it felt a bit sluggish so I pulled into a
Garden Center and tried to turn around.  It stalled and it decided it didn't
want to go any further.  That's when I called Hagerty for the tow truck.

I have a feeling the brakes have rusted up and seized.  I have to jack up
the car and see which ones - front or back.  Which are more likely to seize?
Probably the back drums, right? Funny thing though - before I started
walking back home, I felt each wheel for heat - nothing.

Cheers

------=_NextPart_000_017D_01D77DAF.B1924160
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>Hi =
Folks,<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>Well, I took =
everyone&#8217;s
good advice and it started up, no problem.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>So naturally I =
decided to go
for a test drive &#8211; the tow truck has just dropped the car =
off.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>After about a mile =
of
driving, it felt a bit sluggish so I pulled into a Garden Center and =
tried to
turn around.&nbsp; It stalled and it decided it didn&#8217;t want to go =
any
further.&nbsp; That&#8217;s when I called Hagerty for the tow =
truck.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>I have a feeling =
the brakes
have rusted up and seized.&nbsp; I have to jack up the car and see which =
ones &#8211;
front or back.&nbsp; Which are more likely to seize?&nbsp; Probably the =
back
drums, right? Funny thing though &#8211; before I started walking back =
home, I
felt each wheel for heat &#8211; nothing.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'>Cheers<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:20.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_017D_01D77DAF.B1924160--

--===============8743472374390840829==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8743472374390840829==--