Subject: [TR] Alternator that looks like a TR3 generator

From: Tom Fansher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:32:20 -0400

I remember a thread for the above. Anyone have a link to where to research/obtain one? 
TIA
Tom Fansher
61 TR3 since 1972
62 TR4 since 1994. Down for rebuild, but starting
73 Stag Mk II. 

Sent from my iPhone
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Allan Stults" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 06:58:29 -0700

--===============6516576509295794307==
	boundary="=_2ba8d8f04b7520af8873e8705bcc9865"

--=_2ba8d8f04b7520af8873e8705bcc9865
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dynalite. 
https://www.powerlite-units.com/dynalite-alternator-conversions.html  

I put one on my 62 TR 3B.  Works great!  However, quite expensive.  I
believe I paid over $500.  I had just received a nice tax return.
Allan Stults

On 6/12/2021 at 4:33 AM, "Tom Fansher"  wrote:I remember a thread for
the above. Anyone have a link to where to research/obtain one? 
TIA
Tom Fansher
61 TR3 since 1972
62 TR4 since 1994. Down for rebuild, but starting
73 Stag Mk II. 
Sent from my iPhone
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs 

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
--=_2ba8d8f04b7520af8873e8705bcc9865
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<span style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; line-height: 150%;"><di=
v>Dynalite.&nbsp; <a href=3D"https://www.powerlite-units.com/dynalite-alter=
nator-conversions.html&nbsp">https://www.powerlite-units.com/dynalite-alter=
nator-conversions.html&nbsp</a>; <br></div><div><br></div><div>I put one on=
 my 62 TR 3B.&nbsp; Works great!&nbsp; However, quite expensive.&nbsp; I be=
lieve I paid over $500.&nbsp; I had just received a nice tax return.</div><=
div><br></div><div>Allan Stults<br></div><br>On 6/12/2021 at 4:33 AM, "Tom =
Fansher" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<blockquote style=3D"border-lef=
t:solid 1px #ccc;margin-left:10px;padding-left:10px;">I remember a thread f=
or the above. Anyone have a link to where to research/obtain one? <br>TIA<b=
r>Tom Fansher<br>61 TR3 since 1972<br>62 TR4 since 1994. Down for rebuild, =
but starting<br>73 Stag Mk II. <br><br><br><br>Sent from my iPhone<br>** tr=
[email-masked] **<br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/dona=
te.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://=
www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=
  <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><b=
r><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/=
triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/trium=
phs/[email-masked]</a></blockquote></span>
--=_2ba8d8f04b7520af8873e8705bcc9865--

--===============6516576509295794307==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6516576509295794307==--

---

From: "Bill Brewer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:24:54 -0700

I bought one from British Parts Northwest several years ago (they are
out of stock now). Worked good until my car overheated and somehow took the
alternator with it. I seem to recall paying about $200 for it originally.
Took it to an alternator shop and had it rebuilt for about $160. It ran for
about one thousand miles and then died again. I switched it over to a GM
10si unit from Triumphs Rescue. No complaints other than it is ugly and took
some grinding on the case to make it fit.

https://www.bpnorthwest.com/triumph/tr2-tr3-tr4-tr4a/engine-electrical/charg
ing-system/alternator-generator-new-tr2-to-tr4a.html

     I see the Dynalites for sale on Ebay for serious money. Good luck.
     Too bad those original 1980 Ford Fiesta German Bosch alternators are so
hard to find now.

     -Bill Brewer
     Morro Bay, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Fansher [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 4:32 AM
To: Andrew Uprichard
Subject: [TR] Alternator that looks like a TR3 generator

I remember a thread for the above. Anyone have a link to where to
research/obtain one? 
TIA
Tom Fansher
61 TR3 since 1972
62 TR4 since 1994. Down for rebuild, but starting
73 Stag Mk II. 

Sent from my iPhone