Subject: [TR] (no subject)

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 11:55:29 -0700

--===============1654364713786593758==

--0000000000006a2a2d05c14946d4

Instead of using lock-tite to seal a bolt hole, what are others using to
stop oil seeping past the threads of a bolt?

While sorting out my box of bolts for my planned gearbox rebuild for Stag
no.3, many years off by the way. I came to realize that for Stag no.2 I
used regular HU labeled bolts instead of these special ones. I now see from
my spare gearbox shell that some of the bolt holes are not blind and go
into the gearbox and hence oil can seep through past the bolts. (These
bolts are used to hold the OD adapter on the end of the gearbox. ) some
have suggested fiber,copper or dowty washers but is there a paste liquid I
can apply on the threads. The TR6 gearbox case is similar to that of the
Stag

--0000000000006a2a2d05c14946d4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><span style=3D"font-family:sans-serif;font-size:medium">I=
nstead of using lock-tite to seal a bolt hole, what are others using to sto=
p oil seeping past the threads of a bolt?</span><br style=3D"font-family:sa=
ns-serif;font-size:medium"><br style=3D"font-family:sans-serif;font-size:me=
dium"><span style=3D"font-family:sans-serif;font-size:medium">While sorting=
 out my box of bolts for my planned gearbox rebuild for Stag no.3, many yea=
rs off by the way. I came to realize that for Stag no.2 I used regular HU l=
abeled bolts instead of these special ones. I now see from my spare gearbox=
 shell that some of the bolt holes are not blind and go into the gearbox an=
d hence oil can seep through past the bolts. (These bolts are used to hold =
the OD adapter on the end of the gearbox. ) some have suggested fiber,coppe=
r or dowty washers but is there a paste liquid I can apply on the threads. =
The TR6 gearbox case is similar to that of the Stag</span></div>

--0000000000006a2a2d05c14946d4--

--===============1654364713786593758==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1654364713786593758==--