Subject: [TR] first ride!

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 15:52:25 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============4178920787953398521==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0017_01D72C8F.2C412010"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D72C8F.2C412010
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It's sunny and still almost 70F in North Attleborough, MA.  right now.   I
figured it would be a good time to put the battery in the  '73 TR-6 and go
for a ride.   It was a  bit of a shakedown cruise to see if I did anything
wrong when I put the new clutch master cylinder in.   Happy to say that all
appears well.    Instructions say to replace both master and slave at the
same time but that would have been very unpleasant on a cold dirt floor in a
cramped garage stall.  Indeed, I didn't even bleed from the clutch.  I
loosened the fitting at the nylon tube junction and pushed fluif out from
there.  I didn't get any leakage in the week it sat or when I ran it today
AFAIK.   I may leave it until a problem develops.    Am I playing with fire?
The ride was great.  Top is down.  I'm still grinning.

Ron L

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D72C8F.2C412010
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>It&#8217;s =
sunny and still almost 70F in North Attleborough, MA.&nbsp; right =
now.&nbsp;&nbsp; I figured it would be a good time to put the battery in =
the&nbsp; &#8216;73 TR-6 and go for a ride.&nbsp;&nbsp; It was a&nbsp; =
bit of a shakedown cruise to see if I did anything wrong when I put the =
new clutch master cylinder in.&nbsp;&nbsp; Happy to say that all appears =
well.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;Instructions say to replace both master and =
slave at the same time but that would have been very unpleasant on a =
cold dirt floor in a cramped garage stall.&nbsp; Indeed, I didn&#8217;t =
even bleed from the clutch.&nbsp; I loosened the fitting at the nylon =
tube junction and pushed fluif out from there.&nbsp; I didn&#8217;t get =
any leakage in the week it sat or when I ran it today AFAIK.&nbsp; =
&nbsp;I may leave it until a problem develops.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Am I =
playing with fire?&nbsp; The ride was great.&nbsp; Top is down.&nbsp; =
I&#8217;m still grinning.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
L<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D72C8F.2C412010--

--===============4178920787953398521==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4178920787953398521==--