Subject: [TR] Angle drive for speedo

From: Q <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 11:36:15 -0800

If memory serves me it is used at the age counter which triggers a light 
on the dash when it is time to replace the O2 sensor.  It is still a one 
to one ratio unit.

The speedo cable is two piece unit.  The first section ends at the 
counter which is basically an odometer but shows percentage till 
replacement rather than mileage.  When it rolls over it triggers the 
dash light.  There is a special key to reset the counter thus turning 
the dash light out.  I think that it measures 40,000 miles which is the 
estimate life of the O2 sensor.

The second section of speedo cable runs to the speedometer from the 
counter.  The counter sits just below the brake master cylinder in a 
tight spot thus the need for the right angle drive.

Edward Hamer

Petaluma CA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 17:49:13 -0500

those same counters were used on mid series 1500 squaretails on the 
speedo cable as well.
no O2 sensors on those cars (or carbe'd 6, 7's or Stags either)
On Spits it was to check the catalytic converter, EGR. air pump etc.

ptegler

On 3/6/2021 2:36 PM, Q wrote:
> If memory serves me it is used at the age counter which triggers a 
> light on the dash when it is time to replace the O2 sensor.  It is 
> still a one to one ratio unit.
>
> the dash light out.  I think that it measures 40,000 miles which is 
> the estimate life of the O2 sensor.
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]  www.teglerizer.com