Subject: [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 18:59:59 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6861443649364942672==
	boundary="----=_Part_3028707_517389594.1616612399747"

------=_Part_3028707_517389594.1616612399747
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jim,I am probably the least capable of any to answer your question, but I v=
aguely recall a response that Randall once gave to a similar question and t=
hat was that there was a planned design to have a slightly higher left side=
 in anticipation of having a driver in a LHD vehicle because there would al=
ways be weight on the left suspension while there may not be a passenger in=
 the right seat.=C2=A0 Just for fun, you may want to have someone measure t=
he ride height with you sitting in the vehicle.=C2=A0 You may find that in =
an actual driving condition, your ride height is much closer to even.=C2=A0=
 Just trying to recall something from a true master of the craft, and my me=
mory is not what it used to be.=C2=A0 Others may or may not recall a simila=
r explanation in the past.=C2=A0=C2=A0Best regards,David Gill1976 TR6
------=_Part_3028707_517389594.1616612399747
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 10pt arial;">Jim,
<div>I am probably the least capable of any to answer your question, but I vaguely recall a response that Randall once gave to a similar question and that was that there was a planned design to have a slightly higher left side in anticipation of having a driver in a LHD vehicle because there would always be weight on the left suspension while there may not be a passenger in the right seat.&nbsp; Just for fun, you may want to have someone measure the ride height with you sitting in the vehicle.&nbsp; You may find that in an actual driving condition, your ride height is much closer to even.&nbsp; Just trying to recall something from a true master of the craft, and my memory is not what it used to be.&nbsp; Others may or may not recall a similar explanation in the past.&nbsp;&nbsp;<span style="background-color: transparent; font-size: 10pt;">Best regards,</span></div>

<div>David Gill</div>

<div>1976 TR6</div>
</div>

------=_Part_3028707_517389594.1616612399747--

--===============6861443649364942672==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6861443649364942672==--

---

From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 17:03:13 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3762793016074784865==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0763_01D720CF.93AD82A0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0763_01D720CF.93AD82A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This applied to cars with leaf springs before IRS.

From: [email-masked]=20
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 2:59 PM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]=20
Subject: [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question

Jim,=20
I am probably the least capable of any to answer your question, but I =
vaguely recall a response that Randall once gave to a similar question =
and that was that there was a planned design to have a slightly higher =
left side in anticipation of having a driver in a LHD vehicle because =
there would always be weight on the left suspension while there may not =
be a passenger in the right seat.  Just for fun, you may want to have =
someone measure the ride height with you sitting in the vehicle.  You =
may find that in an actual driving condition, your ride height is much =
closer to even.  Just trying to recall something from a true master of =
the craft, and my memory is not what it used to be.  Others may or may =
not recall a similar explanation in the past.  Best regards,
David Gill
1976 TR6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0763_01D720CF.93AD82A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>This applied to cars with leaf springs before IRS.</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, March 24, 2021 2:59 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A> ; <A=20
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"COLOR: black; FONT: 10pt arial">Jim,=20
<DIV>I am probably the least capable of any to answer your question, but =
I=20
vaguely recall a response that Randall once gave to a similar question =
and that=20
was that there was a planned design to have a slightly higher left side =
in=20
anticipation of having a driver in a LHD vehicle because there would =
always be=20
weight on the left suspension while there may not be a passenger in the =
right=20
seat.&nbsp; Just for fun, you may want to have someone measure the ride =
height=20
with you sitting in the vehicle.&nbsp; You may find that in an actual =
driving=20
condition, your ride height is much closer to even.&nbsp; Just trying to =
recall=20
something from a true master of the craft, and my memory is not what it =
used to=20
be.&nbsp; Others may or may not recall a similar explanation in the =
past.&nbsp;=20
<SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Best=20
regards,</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>David Gill</DIV>
<DIV>1976 TR6</DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
** [email-masked] **<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs&nbsp;=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<BR>=
</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0763_01D720CF.93AD82A0--

--===============3762793016074784865==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3762793016074784865==--