Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A Engine Mounts - Which One

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:00:17 -0500

I had the round ones on my early TR4s, but the later 4s and the 4A had the
trapezoidal ones. If you take a look at the illustration for the bonnet
catch in the TR4 SPC, it will probably not look familiar to you unless you
have an early TR4. I was always surprised at that illustration until I got
CT1218LO, and lo and behold, there it was. I think the same illustration was
used in the TR4A SPC but that is not how the TR4A catch looks either. I
didn't check them, but I am guessing the parts numbers in the TR4 and TR4A
SPC are different even if the illustration is the same.

Keith Stewart
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]> 
Sent: February 28, 2021 4:15 PM
To: 'TR3 Triumphs' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR4A Engine Mounts - Which One

Ok, was just looking at my TRA TR4/4A judging book and they show that the 4A
should have a trapezoidal engine mount and not the round one for TR4.  My
factory TR4A parts catalog has a picture of a round engine mount like the
TR4 (part number 130985).  The Roadster factory lists the round one under
that part number which is what I ordered and installed. I had to install a
thick round shim on the new round mounts to lift engine front fan extension
tube off the steering rack (it was rubbing).  Moss lists a rectangular mount
(810-015) with picture.  Which is the correct for a TR4A?  Any pearls of
wisdom out there?
Many thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
61 3A
62 4
67 4A
75 6
81 8

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive