Subject: [TR] TR Head Studs

From: "Bill Brewer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 13:28:08 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3682302342799051212==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00CF_01D715B1.37094CB0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00CF_01D715B1.37094CB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

     I replace them. Never chase the threads. New studs are available. I
bought a box of 50 studs years ago off of Ebay. I threw out most of them as
corroded and stretched. I ended up with a lot of good spares. I would offer
you one, but they are packed away in storage.

     Whenever I rebuild a TR engine I usually end up replacing about about 3
studs each rebuild. Usually because of rust, but sometimes because of
stretching.

     -Bill

From: Cliff Hansen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 1:18 PM
To: Bill Brewer
Subject: RE: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 14, Issue 63

Bill,

Thanks for this. Do you replace stretched studs, or chase the threads and
reuse them?

This is the first time in 30 years I've been into the engine.

Cliff

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows
10

Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 1:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 14, Issue 63

     I check them for stretching by cleaning them up, oiling lightly and
then running a nut down. If it doesn't thread down easily then it is
stretched. I also replace studs showing corrosion damage. Never had a head
gasket failure yet in 30 years of ownership.

     Bill Brewer
     Morro Bay, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 11:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Triumphs Digest, Vol 14, Issue 63

Send Triumphs mailing list submissions to
        [email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Triumphs digest..."

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_00CF_01D715B1.37094CB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I replace them. Never =
chase the threads. New studs are available. I bought a box of 50 studs =
years ago off of Ebay. I threw out most of them as corroded and =
stretched. I ended up with a lot of good spares. I would offer you one, =
but they are packed away in storage.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Whenever I rebuild a TR engine I usually end up replacing about about 3 =
studs each rebuild. Usually because of rust, but sometimes because of =
stretching.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
-Bill<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Cliff Hansen [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> =
Wednesday, March 10, 2021 1:18 PM<br><b>To:</b> Bill =
Brewer<br><b>Subject:</b> RE: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 14, Issue =
63<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Bill,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for =
this. Do you replace stretched studs, or chase the threads and reuse =
them?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>This is the first time in 30 years I&#8217;ve been =
into the engine.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Cliff<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Sent from <a =
href=3D"https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D550986">Mail</a> for =
Windows 10<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From: </b><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Bill Brewer</a><br><b>Sent: =
</b>Wednesday, March 10, 2021 1:54 PM<br><b>To: </b><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><b=
>Subject: </b>Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 14, Issue =
63<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I check them for stretching =
by cleaning them up, oiling lightly and<br>then running a nut down. If =
it doesn't thread down easily then it is<br>stretched. I also replace =
studs showing corrosion damage. Never had a head<br>gasket failure yet =
in 30 years of ownership.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bill =
Brewer<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Morro Bay, =
CA<br><br><br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: Triumphs [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:triumphs-bounces@a=
utox.team.net</a>] On Behalf =
Of<br>[email-masked]<br>Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 =
11:00 AM<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Subject: Triumphs Digest, Vol =
14, Issue 63<br><br>Send Triumphs mailing list submissions =
to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
[email-masked]<br><br>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World =
Wide Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs</a><br>or, via email, send a message =
with subject or body 'help' =
to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
[email-masked]<br><br>You can reach the person managing =
the list at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
[email-masked]<br><br>When replying, please edit your =
Subject line so it is more specific than<br>&quot;Re: Contents of =
Triumphs digest...&quot;<br><br>** [email-masked] =
**<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/cliff_hansen@outlo=
ok.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/cliff_hansen@outlo=
ok.com</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00CF_01D715B1.37094CB0--

--===============3682302342799051212==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3682302342799051212==--