Subject: [TR] TR4A Engine Mounts - Which One

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 16:14:48 -0500

Ok, was just looking at my TRA TR4/4A judging book and they show that the 4A
should have a trapezoidal engine mount and not the round one for TR4.  My
factory TR4A parts catalog has a picture of a round engine mount like the
TR4 (part number 130985).  The Roadster factory lists the round one under
that part number which is what I ordered and installed. I had to install a
thick round shim on the new round mounts to lift engine front fan extension
tube off the steering rack (it was rubbing).  Moss lists a rectangular mount
(810-015) with picture.  Which is the correct for a TR4A?  Any pearls of
wisdom out there?
Many thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
61 3A
62 4
67 4A
75 6
81 8

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 20:05:49 -0600

I don't know about correctness, but the round ones seem to last better 
than the rectangular ones.  I got a set of heavy duty round mounts from 
Revington years ago and they're still going strong. I'd kill the regular 
ones in a couple of year (of racing).  The Tilton clutch I started out 
with didn't help matters much.

Cheers, Tony DRews

On 2/28/2021 3:14 PM, Jim Henningsen wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]