Subject: Re: [TR] Yellows

From: DAVE HOGYE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 08:57:09 -0800 (PST)

--===============0066906846431097774==
	boundary="----=_Part_58369_477727338.1612198629364"

------=_Part_58369_477727338.1612198629364
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I had difficulty in finding a modern code that matched the original Pale Yellow/Primrose paint code for my TR3A.  I found that the '68 Jasmine code could be matched to a modern mix code.  It looked to be the exact same color.  I also had a panel with good original color for a computer read.  That read came up with the modern 2 stage equivalent to a Volkswagen Beetle convertible color, I think from the early 2000s, named Mellow Yellow.  It was only available on the convertibles for a few years.  When I would see one of those going down the road, even before I got the computer read, it sure looked like Primrose.  So, I wasn't too surprised that the computer provided that color read.  
For the Jasmine mix, I lightened it a little to make it look more pale.  I could get you that mix if you'd like.  I used Dupont Centary single stage.  
Dave H. 

>     On 02/01/2021 5:41 AM [email-masked] wrote:
>      
>      
> 
>     Listers:
> 
>      
> 
>     How similar was the Primrose yellow used in the TR3 to the Jasmine used in the TR250 and 6?
> 
>     Andrew Uprichard
> 
>     Jackson, Michigan
> 
>     ** [email-masked] **
> 
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
> 
>     Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> 

------=_Part_58369_477727338.1612198629364
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html>
<html>
 <head> 
  <meta charset="UTF-8"> 
 </head>
 <body>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I had difficulty in finding a modern code that matched the original Pale Yellow/Primrose paint code for my TR3A.&nbsp; I found that the '68 Jasmine code could be matched to a modern mix code.&nbsp; It looked to be the exact same color.&nbsp; I also had a panel with good original color for a computer read.&nbsp; That read came up with the modern 2 stage equivalent to a Volkswagen Beetle convertible color, I think from the early 2000s, named Mellow Yellow.&nbsp; It was only available on the convertibles for a few years.&nbsp; When I would see one of those going down the road, even before I got the computer read, it sure looked like Primrose.&nbsp; So, I wasn't too surprised that the computer provided that color read.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
  </div> 
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">For the Jasmine mix, I lightened it a little to make it look more pale.&nbsp; I could get you that mix if you'd like.&nbsp; I used Dupont Centary single stage.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
  </div> 
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Dave H.&nbsp;</span>
  </div> 
  <blockquote type="cite"> 
   <div>
    On 02/01/2021 5:41 AM [email-masked] wrote:
   </div> 
   <div>
    &nbsp;
   </div> 
   <div>
    &nbsp;
   </div> 
   <div class="WordSection1"> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif;">Listers:</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif;">&nbsp;</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif;">How similar was the Primrose yellow used in the TR3 to the Jasmine used in the TR250 and 6?<br><br>Andrew Uprichard</span></p> 
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif;">Jackson, Michigan</span></p> 
   </div> ** [email-masked] **
   <br>
   <br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
   <br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
   <br>
   <br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
  </blockquote> 
 </body>
</html>
------=_Part_58369_477727338.1612198629364--

--===============0066906846431097774==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0066906846431097774==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 12:10:02 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7666101470733299861==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0031_01D6F893.2D9EC870"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D6F893.2D9EC870
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks, Dave:  I have a gallon of Primrose for a TR3 which ended up BRG. =
 But now I am looking at a 250 whose original color was Jasmin.  =
Wondering if I can use the Primrose.  Not that I am a stickler for =
originality, but I=E2=80=99d like to be close and it sounds as if the =
two are fairly similar.

Andrew

=20

From: DAVE HOGYE <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 11:57 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Yellows

=20

I had difficulty in finding a modern code that matched the original Pale =
Yellow/Primrose paint code for my TR3A.  I found that the '68 Jasmine =
code could be matched to a modern mix code.  It looked to be the exact =
same color.  I also had a panel with good original color for a computer =
read.  That read came up with the modern 2 stage equivalent to a =
Volkswagen Beetle convertible color, I think from the early 2000s, named =
Mellow Yellow.  It was only available on the convertibles for a few =
years.  When I would see one of those going down the road, even before I =
got the computer read, it sure looked like Primrose.  So, I wasn't too =
surprised that the computer provided that color read.  =20

For the Jasmine mix, I lightened it a little to make it look more pale.  =
I could get you that mix if you'd like.  I used Dupont Centary single =
stage.  =20

Dave H. =20

On 02/01/2021 5:41 AM [email-masked] =

 =20

 =20

Listers:

=20

How similar was the Primrose yellow used in the TR3 to the Jasmine used =
in the TR250 and 6?

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=20

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D6F893.2D9EC870
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'>Thanks, =
Dave:=C2=A0 I have a gallon of Primrose for a TR3 which ended up =
BRG.=C2=A0 But now I am looking at a 250 whose original color was =
Jasmin. =C2=A0Wondering if I can use the Primrose.=C2=A0 Not that I am a =
stickler for originality, but I=E2=80=99d like to be close and it sounds =
as if the two are fairly similar.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'><br>Andrew<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> DAVE HOGYE =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, February 1, 2021 =
11:57 AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] =
Yellows<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>I had difficulty in finding a modern code that matched the original =
Pale Yellow/Primrose paint code for my TR3A.&nbsp; I found that the '68 =
Jasmine code could be matched to a modern mix code.&nbsp; It looked to =
be the exact same color.&nbsp; I also had a panel with good original =
color for a computer read.&nbsp; That read came up with the modern 2 =
stage equivalent to a Volkswagen Beetle convertible color, I think from =
the early 2000s, named Mellow Yellow.&nbsp; It was only available on the =
convertibles for a few years.&nbsp; When I would see one of those going =
down the road, even before I got the computer read, it sure looked like =
Primrose.&nbsp; So, I wasn't too surprised that the computer provided =
that color read.&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>For the Jasmine mix, I lightened it a little to make it look more =
pale.&nbsp; I could get you that mix if you'd like.&nbsp; I used Dupont =
Centary single stage.&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>Dave H.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 02/01/2021 5:41 AM <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
wrote: <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>Listers:</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>How similar was the =
Primrose yellow used in the TR3 to the Jasmine used in the TR250 and =
6?<br><br>Andrew Uprichard</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Jackson, =
Michigan</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> ** =
<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a> <br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a> <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a> =
<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
t">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
 <o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D6F893.2D9EC870--

--===============7666101470733299861==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7666101470733299861==--