Subject: [TR] Wheel bearing races

From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 17:59:52 -0500

Ok, haven’t changed these out by myself before and want to learn to do it correctly.  Redoing front suspension on myTR4a.  Looking for recommendations on removing the front wheel bearing races so I don’t damage the hub.  Same as a Tr6.  Thought I’d ask our experts since I didn’t see a triumph post on YouTube and I don’t always trust YouTube.  
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, fl
61 3
62 4
67 4a
75 6
81 8

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: William Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 20:39:06 -0500

--===============8273343627035616007==

--000000000000d0970605bc5b91e0

If you want to make it easy on yourself, stop at your local Terrible
Freight and pick up a 10 piece Maddox bearing race and seal driver kit. It
was about $40 last year when I changed the wheel bearings on my TR6. Like
using an old big socket, it allows the application of even pressure all
around the race so the old one comes out evenly and the new one doesn't go
in cockeyed.
Bill Smith
'72 TR6
'80 TR7

--000000000000d0970605bc5b91e0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">If you want to make it easy on yourself, stop at your loc=
al Terrible Freight and pick up a 10 piece Maddox bearing race and seal dri=
ver kit. It was about $40 last=C2=A0year when I changed the wheel bearings =
on my TR6. Like using an old big socket, it allows the application of even =
pressure all around the race so the old one comes out evenly and the new on=
e doesn&#39;t go in cockeyed.<div dir=3D"auto">Bill Smith=C2=A0</div><div d=
ir=3D"auto">&#39;72 TR6=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">&#39;80 TR7=C2=A0</div=
></div>

--000000000000d0970605bc5b91e0--

--===============8273343627035616007==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8273343627035616007==--