Subject: Re: [TR] Headlight round Connection

From: WILLIAM SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 22:20:44 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded with possible answers and 
recommendations.  As usual, I believe Dave Massey was spot-on with the 
'72 headlight ground connection being a push-on connector attached to 
the inner side of the front valance.  As my car is not back yet from the 
body shop (long story/TMI), I can't actually test that connection until 
I get it back.  However, I do have the original valance and spotted the 
tab for the connector after Dave mentioned it in his reply --- thanks 
Dave!   If cleaning that ground connection doesn't brighten the lights, 
I'll have to probe further.

As for those who suggested the headlight relay kit, I've been toying 
with that idea for a while, so thanks for reminding me.  As the original 
headlights were never bright enough, I was thinking of doing the relay 
with a set of halogen sealed beams. Oh, and that would probably call for 
an alternator upgrade, as well.  It never ends😊

Bill Smith

'72 TR6

'80 TR7

-- 
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]