Subject: [TR] Sealants used on Fo8 gaskets

From: Dan Cronin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 14:06:18 -0500

--===============4278677268846177675==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_784BCF59-BF9C-4973-8CB2-76F8D89E932A"

--Apple-Mail=_784BCF59-BF9C-4973-8CB2-76F8D89E932A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Folks
Looking for some background information and recommendations on the =
preferred Fo8 gasket sealing compound that seems to have worked for each =
of you in your various engine re-builds.  And  any comments / =
observations you choose to share either on or off list. The motor I am =
building has a 89 mm piston and liner kit from BFE along with Corrello =
rods / bolts and a Crower dummy main crank connected at the front with a =
ATI Super Damper and at the rear to a Fidanza Alloy Flywheel with =
diaphragm clutch, an HVDA conversion with alloy drive shaft to a Quaife =
4.11:1 diff. and alloy back cover.  Stainless Steel valves with 0.050 =
oversize intake thru Mang. Bronze guides. H/S roller rockers on alloy =
pedestals.  BPNW 270 duration cam. The TR4A head has had 0.040 removed =
mostly to true things up and remove prior imperfections.  The head =
chambers have been mildly worked to smooth any sharp edges and even =
things out with a resulting chamber volume of 60.5cc each.  I am =
planning on installing Gasket Works 0.022 copper gasket with their 0.005 =
=E2=80=9CO=E2=80=9D compression rings on the head side of the gasket =
that will be sprayed with a copper coating on each side.  Gasket Works =
sent a set of Fo8 individual gaskets that has allowed me to obtain a =
liner protrusion of 0.0025 to 0.003.  Am aiming at a compression ratio =
of around 9.75 to 1+/- . Looking forward to as many responses as =
possible to assist in trying to get this critical step as close to right =
as I can.
DC

--Apple-Mail=_784BCF59-BF9C-4973-8CB2-76F8D89E932A
	type="text/html";
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_31D985E0-394E-443A-BCC1-7444B07410D1"

--Apple-Mail=_31D985E0-394E-443A-BCC1-7444B07410D1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Folks<div class=3D"">Looking for some background information =
and recommendations on the preferred Fo8 gasket sealing compound that =
seems to have worked for each of you in your various engine re-builds. =
&nbsp;And &nbsp;any comments / observations you choose to share either =
on or off list. The motor I am building has a 89 mm piston and liner kit =
from BFE along with Corrello rods / bolts and a Crower dummy main crank =
connected at the front with a ATI Super Damper and at the rear to a =
Fidanza Alloy Flywheel with diaphragm clutch, an HVDA conversion with =
alloy drive shaft to a Quaife 4.11:1 diff. and alloy back cover. =
&nbsp;Stainless Steel valves with 0.050 oversize intake thru Mang. =
Bronze guides. H/S roller rockers on alloy pedestals. &nbsp;BPNW 270 =
duration cam. The TR4A head has had 0.040 removed mostly to true things =
up and remove prior imperfections. &nbsp;The head chambers have been =
mildly worked to smooth any sharp edges and even things out with a =
resulting chamber volume of 60.5cc each. &nbsp;I am planning on =
installing Gasket Works 0.022 copper gasket with their 0.005 =E2=80=9CO=E2=
=80=9D compression rings on the head side of the gasket that will be =
sprayed with a copper coating on each side. &nbsp;Gasket Works sent a =
set of Fo8 individual gaskets that has allowed me to obtain a liner =
protrusion of 0.0025 to 0.003. &nbsp;Am aiming at a compression ratio of =
around 9.75 to 1+/- . Looking forward to as many responses as possible =
to assist in trying to get this critical step as close to right as I =
can.</div><div class=3D"">DC</div><div class=3D""><img =
apple-inline=3D"yes" id=3D"548C3C2E-FA84-4773-ADC7-C33525906146" =
src=3D"cid:D6387CEC-C9B5-4D69-BABC-94082ABB9E98" =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_31D985E0-394E-443A-BCC1-7444B07410D1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=IMG_3668.jpeg
	name="IMG_3668.jpeg"
Content-Id: <D6387CEC-C9B5-4D69-BABC-94082ABB9E98>

--Apple-Mail=_31D985E0-394E-443A-BCC1-7444B07410D1--

--Apple-Mail=_784BCF59-BF9C-4973-8CB2-76F8D89E932A--

--===============4278677268846177675==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4278677268846177675==--

---

From: bill beecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 13:37:17 -0600

Geo, yes, I believe you are right.  What is WellSeal?
Bill

#dontkillgrandma

On Feb 6, 2021, at 10:54 PM, Geo Hahn <[email-masked]> wrote:

I also used Aviation Form-a-Gasket (3H I think).

Didn't STC specify Wellseal for that?

Geo

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]