Subject: [TR] TR6 starter

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 18:50:49 -0600 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0030_01D70302.504C6200"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D70302.504C6200
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0031_01D70302.504C6200"

------=_NextPart_001_0031_01D70302.504C6200
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This is a high torque starter that I just pulled out of my TR6.  There was a
lot of stinky smoke.

Anyone have any idea what caused this?  or seen anything like this before?
It must be about 10 or even 15 years old.  No more than 10k miles ago.

I started the car the other day; it was in the mid 20's.  let it idle for
probably 10 or 15 minutes.  Drove a few miles and smelled it.  pulled off
and popped the hood.  Lots of smoke coming out.

Towed it home and ordered a new starter.

------=_NextPart_001_0031_01D70302.504C6200
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>This is a high torque starter =
that I just pulled out of my TR6.&nbsp; There was a lot of stinky =
smoke.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Anyone have any idea what caused this?&nbsp; or seen =
anything like this before?&nbsp; It must be about 10 or even 15 years =
old.&nbsp; No more than 10k miles ago.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I started =
the car the other day; it was in the mid 20&#8217;s.&nbsp; let it idle =
for probably 10 or 15 minutes.&nbsp; Drove a few miles and smelled =
it.&nbsp; pulled off and popped the hood.&nbsp; Lots of smoke coming =
out.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Towed it home and ordered a new =
starter.<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0031_01D70302.504C6200--

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D70302.504C6200
	name="20210213_212616.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="20210213_212616.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D70302.504C6200
	name="4A747E05.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="4A747E05.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D70302.504C6200
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D70302.504C6200--