Subject: Re: [TR] Did any Triumph use this leather lined seal?

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 21:25:09 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0474271613182573792==
 boundary="------------F9406D448B38F5FF60DD483B"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------F9406D448B38F5FF60DD483B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

sure...many older models did. OEM or not, they were avail. I've found 
them  in 60's and 70's vintage GT6's and Spit trannies I rebuilt over 
the decades

ptegler

On 1/26/2021 7:02 PM, Sujit Roy wrote:
> I have a leather lined seal part no. 963061A.Made in UK  I got it with 
> a Stag and I had thought it was for the differential. However, It is 
> too big.
> Did any other Triump use this type of seal and what car used it?
>
>
> Regards, Sujit
>
>
> -- 
> Sujit Roy
> Cupertino, California
>
> https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/ 
> <https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/>
>
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]  www.teglerizer.com

--------------F9406D448B38F5FF60DD483B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>sure...many older models did. OEM or not, they were avail. I've
      found them  in 60's and 70's vintage GT6's and Spit trannies I
      rebuilt over the decades</p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/26/2021 7:02 PM, Sujit Roy wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">I have a leather lined seal part no. 963061A.Made
        in UK  I got it with a Stag and I had thought it was for the
        differential. However, It is too big.
        <div>Did any other Triump use this type of seal and what car
          used it?</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Regards, Sujit<br>
          <div><br clear="all">
            <div><br>
            </div>
            -- <br>
            <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"
              data-smartmail="gmail_signature">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div>Sujit Roy<br>
                  Cupertino, California</div>
                <div><br>
                  <a href="https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/</a><br>
                  <br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------F9406D448B38F5FF60DD483B--

--===============0474271613182573792==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0474271613182573792==--

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 04:39:32 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3051523417021788604==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0016_01D6F466.682476B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D6F466.682476B0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Leather was used extensively for a seal material years ago. Although =
they were bought out by SKF some ten years ago or so, the Chicago =
Rawhide company was probably the biggest or second biggest manufacturer =
of shaft seals in the U.S. Any seal that had a C/R stamped in it next to =
the part number was one of their products. National is the other big =
manufacturer and I think they might be part of Timken now.

=20

Alex Thomson

=20

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Sujit Roy
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 7:02 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] Did any Triumph use this leather lined seal?

=20

I have a leather lined seal part no. 963061A.Made in UK  I got it with a =
Stag and I had thought it was for the differential. However, It is too =
big.

=20

=20

Regards, Sujit

=20

--=20

Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D6F466.682476B0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>Leather was =
used extensively for a seal material years ago. Although they were =
bought out by SKF some ten years ago or so, the Chicago Rawhide company =
was probably the biggest or second biggest manufacturer of shaft seals =
in the U.S. Any seal that had a C/R stamped in it next to the part =
number was one of their products. National is the other big manufacturer =
and I think they might be part of Timken now.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>Alex =
Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Sujit Roy<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, January 26, 2021 7:02 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> Triumphs<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] Did any Triumph use =
this leather lined seal?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
a leather lined seal part no. 963061A.Made in UK&nbsp; I got it with a =
Stag and I had thought it was for the differential. However, It is too =
big.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Did any other =
Triump&nbsp;use this type of seal and what car used =
it?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Regards, Sujit<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br clear=3Dall><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>-- =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Sujit =
Roy<br>Cupertino, California<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br><a =
href=3D"https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/" =
target=3D"_blank">https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/</a><o:p></o:p></=
p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D6F466.682476B0--

--===============3051523417021788604==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3051523417021788604==--

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:47:39 -0500

I've found them a lot on various cars as grease seals on front hubs.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:03 PM Sujit Roy <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I have a leather lined seal part no. 963061A.Made in UK  I got it with a Stag and I had thought it was for the differential. However, It is too big.
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]