Subject: [TR] IRS Rear End clunk

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 15:10:56 -0500

I know this has been covered over the years, but would like some input from
folks.  Just redid the rear suspension and driveline for my 67 TR4A IRS.
Installed driveshaft with new u joints, rebuilt diff that was in my TR6 and
did not have clunk in that car, rebuilt original 4A axles with new bearings
seals and u joints, new comp springs, urethane packings, new urethane
bushings on trailing arm, shock link, rebuilt lever shocks.  The original
diff mounts/brackets/pins looked good so didn't weld support panels in.
This is a 72k orig mile car that was owned 45 years by previous owner.  I am
still getting a noticeable clunk when I let the clutch out from a stop.  The
noise is behind me so has to be in that driveline.  Any thoughts of next
steps for identifying where it is coming from.  
Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
61 3A
62 4
67 4A
75 6
81 8

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive