Subject: [TR] Sad Triumph (owner) story

From: aribert neumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 23:32:23 -0500

--===============2166448353110688785==

--00000000000087ebed05b34077be

I was getting out of my Spit bodied GT6 in a parking lot earlier this week
and someone that was about to get into their car stepped over for a quick
discussion.  He also had a Triumph.  He typically takes it out *once* a
year for a cruise event.  He said his car is "nice looking" and he wants to
keep it that way.  Now my car is in need of a repaint - I painted it about
28 yrs ago and the finish has faded to dull/matte.   But, I like to drive
my car, just rolled 100,000 miles (I reset the odometer when I rebodied it
in the early '90s, had 126K+ miles (broken speedo cable) when I bought it
in '89).  Driving a car for one day per year seems like a waste of
ownership.

--00000000000087ebed05b34077be
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I was getting out of my Spit bodied GT6 in a parking lot e=
arlier this week and someone that was about to get into their car stepped o=
ver for a quick discussion.=C2=A0 He also had a Triumph.=C2=A0 He typically=
 takes it out <b>once</b> a year for a cruise event.=C2=A0 He said his car =
is &quot;nice looking&quot; and he wants to keep it that way.=C2=A0 Now my =
car is in need of a repaint - I painted it about 28 yrs ago and the finish =
has faded to dull/matte. =C2=A0 But, I like to drive my car, just rolled 10=
0,000 miles (I reset the odometer when I rebodied it in the early &#39;90s,=
 had 126K+ miles (broken speedo cable) when I bought it in &#39;89).=C2=A0 =
Driving a car for one day per year seems like a waste of ownership.<br></di=
v>

--00000000000087ebed05b34077be--

--===============2166448353110688785==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2166448353110688785==--