Subject: [TR] TR4 suspension mods

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 17:50:37 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1084548406937812750==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D6BDD3.53FB1000"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D6BDD3.53FB1000
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have an early TR4 (built in 62, titled in 63) with lots and lots of
interesting mods.

The original purchaser also owned a flaps and did all sorts of things.  He
also ran the car in lots of rallies, and there are a few unexplained holes
in the dash.

He sold it to a college kid, who drove it until it needed an engine rebuild,
and parked it for a couple decades.

I have resuscitated it, and have constantly run into things that are not
stock.  

Here is my question - we are rebuilding the front suspension, and discovered
(after I had bought the "correct" parts, that the upper control
arms/wishbones and the ball joints are TR4A.  I think the vertical control
arms are TR4; we putting in TR4 trunnions.  

Can anyone explain to me the advantage of this?

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D6BDD3.53FB1000
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have an early TR4 (built in =
62, titled in 63) with lots and lots of interesting =
mods.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The original purchaser also owned a flaps and did all =
sorts of things.&nbsp; He also ran the car in lots of rallies, and there =
are a few unexplained holes in the dash.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>He sold it =
to a college kid, who drove it until it needed an engine rebuild, and =
parked it for a couple decades.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
resuscitated it, and have constantly run into things that are not =
stock.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Here is my question &#8211; we are rebuilding the =
front suspension, and discovered (after I had bought the =
&#8220;correct&#8221; parts, that the upper control arms/wishbones and =
the ball joints are TR4A.&nbsp; I think the vertical control arms are =
TR4; we putting in TR4 trunnions.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Can anyone =
explain to me the advantage of this?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D6BDD3.53FB1000--

--===============1084548406937812750==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1084548406937812750==--