Subject: Re: [TR] How easy is it to get a Spitfire through a CA smog?

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 16:56:21 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7955964843818829026==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0052_01D6A894.45A00730"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D6A894.45A00730
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

First of all, your best bet is to move out of California.  Who needs the =
hassle???

=20

Second option is to find a friend that lives in a state that =
isn=E2=80=99t so hard on old cars.  Register your car there

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Sujit Roy
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:29 PM
To: [email-masked]; Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] How easy is it to get a Spitfire through a CA smog?

=20

I remember looking at a $800 Spitfire years ago. The smog stuff had been =
removed. Someone  said not to touch a Spitfire if the smog stuff has =
been removed as it could cost that much to get it back on the road.

Just pondering. If I get a later Spitfire which has been off the road =
but has the smog stuff on it, what would it cost (worse case) to make is =
compliant? Are smog related bits available?

=20

Sujit

=20

--=20

Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California

https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D6A894.45A00730
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>First of all, your best bet is =
to move out of California.=C2=A0 Who needs the =
hassle???<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Second option is to find a friend that lives in a =
state that isn=E2=80=99t so hard on old cars.=C2=A0 Register your car =
there<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Sujit =
Roy<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:29 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]; Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] How easy is it =
to get a Spitfire through a CA smog?<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
remember looking at a $800 Spitfire&nbsp;years ago. The smog stuff had =
been removed. Someone &nbsp;said not to touch a Spitfire if the smog =
stuff has been removed as it could cost that much to get it back on the =
road.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Just pondering. If I get a =
later Spitfire which has been off the road but has the smog stuff on it, =
what would it cost (worse case) to make is compliant? Are smog related =
bits available?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Sujit<br clear=3Dall><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>-- =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Sujit =
Roy<br>Cupertino, California<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br><a =
href=3D"https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/" =
target=3D"_blank">https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/</a><o:p></o:p></=
p></div></div></div></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D6A894.45A00730--

--===============7955964843818829026==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7955964843818829026==--

---

From: Steve Kirby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 22:10:07 +0000

--===============2890471668429375552==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_701085ae15e34f38b579b29cec33200achinaautogroupcom_"

--_000_701085ae15e34f38b579b29cec33200achinaautogroupcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_701085ae15e34f38b579b29cec33200achinaautogroupcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_701085ae15e34f38b579b29cec33200achinaautogroupcom_--

--===============2890471668429375552==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2890471668429375552==--