Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 13, Issue 236

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 22:25:09 -0400

I once washed my GT6+ on a warm Feb afternoon, took it for a ride and
discovered that dropping temps had frozen me into the car, except that the
rear hatch could still be opened by an outside party.   Can you get in from
the rear hatch?   Once in you may be able to push a side door open.  Leave
the hatch up in case you can't although it may be easier to crawl out an
open window.

Ron L

Today's Topics:

   1. Embarrassing, but, stuck driver's door on GT6 (Michael Porter)
   
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 19:29:52 -0600
From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Embarrassing, but, stuck driver's door on GT6

Mea culpa, mea culpa, I haven't driven the GT6 in a long time and the 
code enforcement nazis in town are making me get rid of it unless I can 
prove it runs.? It needed a new battery, so I got one (when did 
batteries get sooo expensive?).? Needed fuel, put some in it.

But, now, I can't get into it.? The outer door handle broke a long time 
ago, so I just left the window part-way open so I could reach in and 
open it with the interior door pull.? But that doesn't work now.? It's 
really, really stuck.? Won't budge a bit, almost like it was welded 
shut.? Now, there were chips in the paint on the door seam like someone 
may have tried to pop the door open with a screwdriver, but, I'm not 
sure that's the problem.? I think the lock and pawl are just plain 
frozen.? The actuating lever on the latch mechanism does move, as does 
the locking slide.

I've been bumping, prying, cussing to no avail.? Any ideas?

Cheers.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive