Subject: [TR] Embarrassing, but, stuck driver's door on GT6

From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 19:29:52 -0600

Mea culpa, mea culpa, I haven't driven the GT6 in a long time and the 
code enforcement nazis in town are making me get rid of it unless I can 
prove it runs.  It needed a new battery, so I got one (when did 
batteries get sooo expensive?).  Needed fuel, put some in it.

But, now, I can't get into it.  The outer door handle broke a long time 
ago, so I just left the window part-way open so I could reach in and 
open it with the interior door pull.  But that doesn't work now.  It's 
really, really stuck.  Won't budge a bit, almost like it was welded 
shut.  Now, there were chips in the paint on the door seam like someone 
may have tried to pop the door open with a screwdriver, but, I'm not 
sure that's the problem.  I think the lock and pawl are just plain 
frozen.  The actuating lever on the latch mechanism does move, as does 
the locking slide.

I've been bumping, prying, cussing to no avail.  Any ideas?

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Q <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 15:33:46 -0700

Get the chassis level.  The frames on most Triumphs twist enough to make 
the doors inoperable if one corner is higher/lower than the rest.  I 
don't think that GT6's have anti burst catch that so famously sticks on 
convertible TR's

Other than that you will need to get the mechanism out of the door, or 
at least loose.

Edward Hamer

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 01:29:29 GMT

Does the offside door work?
Slide over and try putting your weight on it from the inside.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Embarrassing, but, stuck driver's door on GT6
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 19:29:52 -0600

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

uno.com

tox.team.net