Subject: [TR] TR6 water pump rebuild

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 13:57:27 -0700

--===============2109937465953057919==

--0000000000004f71da05af0fef5f

Part no.100858  is  a seal listed at the TRF for a water pump. It  is used
on the Stag's pump.
For those of you who have rebuilt your pump, did this part work OK?

There are some discussions that some are no good.

Sujit

-- 
Sujit Roy
Cupertino, California

https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/

--0000000000004f71da05af0fef5f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Part no.100858=C2=A0 is=C2=A0 a seal listed at the TR=
F for a water=C2=A0pump.=C2=A0It=C2=A0 is used on the Stag&#39;s pump.</div=
><div>For those of you who have rebuilt your pump, did this part work OK?</=
div><div><br></div><div>There are some discussions that some are no good.</=
div><div><br></div><div>Sujit</div><div><br></div><div>--=C2=A0<br></div><d=
iv dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"=
><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Sujit Roy<br>Cupertino, California</div><div><br><a =
href=3D"https://triumphstagblog.wordpress.com/" target=3D"_blank">https://t=
riumphstagblog.wordpress.com/</a><br><br></div></div></div></div>

--0000000000004f71da05af0fef5f--

--===============2109937465953057919==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2109937465953057919==--

---

From: Frank Magnusson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:52:32 -0500

Sujit, 

I used a seal from Rimmers on my Stag water pump; no experience with the TR6 seal from TRF.  Be advised though that you may have to machine the brass cage that the seal fits into to accept the seal.  I rebuilt mine about 10 years ago, so maybe the seals are better today, but I had to have the brass cage that the seal fits into machined a few thousanths to accept the seal.  I had bought a rebuilt pump at the same time and it had just been forced together with no quality control check and would barely turn due to the same issue; seal wouldnt fit into the cage, so they just forced it together with a press. Ruined my timing chain within5,000 miles.  Fortunately I caught it, replaced that chain and I rebuilt my original pump instead.  Been fine ever since and no leaks.

Frank

---

From: dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 15:22:53 -0500

--===============4305844069488389749==

----_com.samsung.android.email_145602442453260
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_145602442453260
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_145602442453260--

--===============4305844069488389749==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4305844069488389749==--