Subject: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:03:42 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1090574706024075061==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0034_01D69721.BEA35B20"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01D69721.BEA35B20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

   Here's a synopsis - Almost new battery went dead. Charged battery and
took car to shop. Meter shows alternator is not charging battery (only 12
volts, not 14.6 as per Dan Master's book). Buy rebuilt alternator and the
same thing happens.  Swap alternator for a second rebuilt unit - same thing,
battery is not being charged. Tried 3 different meters - all showed 12
volts.  Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt alternators.  What's wrong??

Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6 

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01D69721.BEA35B20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp; Here&#8217;s a synopsis &#8211; Almost =
new battery went dead. Charged battery and took car to shop. Meter shows =
alternator is not charging battery (only 12 volts, not 14.6 as per Dan =
Master&#8217;s book). Buy rebuilt alternator and the same thing =
happens.&nbsp; Swap alternator for a second rebuilt unit &#8211; same =
thing, battery is not being charged. Tried 3 different meters &#8211; =
all showed 12 volts. &nbsp;Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt =
alternators.&nbsp; What&#8217;s wrong??<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6 =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0034_01D69721.BEA35B20--

--===============1090574706024075061==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1090574706024075061==--