Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 13, Issue 222

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 14:04:55 -0400

No one has talked about your horn, I think.  Besides making sure the contact
plate is clean, make sure all ground connections down the column are there,
clean and tight.  Make sure there is connection from the column to the body
of the car too.  Last but not least, get a trusty assistant to push on the
horn button, engine going, and whack the body of the horn, on which of
course you have already checked to confirm that the hot connection and
ground connetion are clean and tight.

Ron L

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 17:02:49 -0400
From: Italyfound <[email-masked]>
To: *Triumphs List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR6 4 way Flasher

Hello all?.another day at it??..

?.My 4 way flashers are not working on my 72 TR6. Next to the fuses there is
a flasher relay which I need to check tomorrow. That said?today while
chasing another issue under the dash (passenger side) I discovered another
flasher. Even though I have had the entire dash apart years ago I do not
remember what that one is for. What I did notice is that there are 3 wires
with only two connected to the flasher. The flasher does not have a 3rd leg.
Any ideas on the above.

While we are on the electricals?.my horn button is not working either. I
have cleaned the pin in the hub and the contact plate on the hub button.
What I get when I depress the button is a short click/thud which sounds like
it is coming from under the dash. Ideas appreciated?.

Thanks, 
Alex Manzo

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive