Subject: Re: [TR] Car shipping companies

From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 21:33:03 -0600

Frank,

Passport was used to Ship Uncle Jack - aka the TTA Stag driven 18k miles
around North America, to Phil Ethier.  They are first class - all their
transports are fully enclosed.

I had shipped a Stag for Wayne Simpson using an "open" contract carrier not
Passport, by the time it got to his place the starter and wiring to it were
burned up, the car was soaked inside, and there were probably other things
Wayne found long after getting the car in his garage.

One local Stag was shipped in an open transport from Ohio to Colorado  They
smashed the lower radiator shroud into the fan and seized the fan also into
the radiator during loading/unloading, later the owner unknowingly drove it
and it overheated - and of course the overheating took out the head gaskets
which was discovered when I replaced the damaged fan / torquatrol and  water
hoses, and more.  That car is now waiting for the owner to decide if he
wants the big job tackled - the car needs much more where the owner might
have been enjoying it and doing a rolling resto.

Glenn Merrell 
aka StagByTriumph Garage (now on FaceBook)
Remember, “the BEST trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone chips in the
paint; and DEAD BUGS on the windscreen … with the occasional smell of
manure!”

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Frank
Magnusson
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2020 2:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Car shipping companies

Does anyone have any recommendations on car shipping companies?  Good or bad
experiences? Open or closed ok.  May be shiping a TR from east coast to
midwest.

Thanks,
Frank

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/stagbytriumph@triumphstagclub
.org

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

tox.team.net