Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 06:07:12 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1150748364847356219==
 boundary="------------DC388EF40477993F86455F07"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------DC388EF40477993F86455F07
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 7/4/20 9:13 PM, dave wrote:
> He is absolutely right.   Been using wix for over a decade.   Good choice

Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades in my 
Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use anything else.

TeriAnn

>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: John Cohen <[email-masked]>
> Date: 7/4/20 10:13 PM (GMT-06:00)
> To: Jeff Nathanson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on
>
> The Wix is 51516 or the identical NAPA Gold is 1516.
>
> John Cohen
> Rutland, VT
> 1976 TR6
>
>
>
> Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S
>
>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Jeff Nathanson <[email-masked]>
> Date: 7/4/20 22:34 (GMT-05:00)
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on
>
> Hello,
>
> I realize has been a question posed many times. But what part number 
> of WIX oil filter is best suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on 
> conversion? If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a highly 
> regarded manufacturer for an oil filter?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff N.
>

--------------DC388EF40477993F86455F07
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/4/20 9:13 PM, dave wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      He is absolutely right.   Been using wix for over a decade.   Good
      choice</blockquote>
    <p>Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades
      in my Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use anything
      else.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn<br>
    </p>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-size:100%;color:#000000" dir="auto"><!-- originalMessage -->
        <div>-------- Original message --------</div>
        <div>From: John Cohen <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> </div>
        <div>Date: 7/4/20 10:13 PM (GMT-06:00) </div>
        <div>To: Jeff Nathanson <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>,
          <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> </div>
        <div>Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">The Wix is 51516 or the identical NAPA Gold is
        1516. </div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">John Cohen</div>
      <div dir="auto">Rutland, VT</div>
      <div dir="auto">1976 TR6</div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="composer_signature" dir="auto">
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        <div style="font-size:85%;color:#575757">Sent via the Samsung
          Galaxy S</div>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto"><br>
      </div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-size:100%;color:#000000" dir="auto"><!-- originalMessage -->
        <div>-------- Original message --------</div>
        <div>From: Jeff Nathanson <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> </div>
        <div>Date: 7/4/20 22:34 (GMT-05:00) </div>
        <div>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> </div>
        <div>Subject: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Hello,<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I realize has been a question posed many
          times. But what part number of WIX oil filter is best suited
          for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on conversion? If WIX is
          not a top performer , then what is a highly regarded
          manufacturer for an oil filter?<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Jeff N.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> <o:p></o:p></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------DC388EF40477993F86455F07--

--===============1150748364847356219==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1150748364847356219==--

---

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 10:07:59 -0400 (EDT)

--===============0423367167692572220==
	boundary="----=_Part_23717_1507275958.1593958079758"

------=_Part_23717_1507275958.1593958079758
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ditto on that.  There's a YouTube video of a guy who does a pretty scientific comparison of all kinds of stuff, including one comparing oil filters.  WIX/NAPA came out on top easily (they're the same filter, just different branding), as they capture more particulates.  

Also seem to remember an article I read about oil.  Synthetic has perfectly round molecules that are all the same size, achieving maximum lubricant property because they act like little ball bearings against each other.  Also didn't break down as fast as Dinosaur oil, which is a bit more anarchic in structure.  

So, with the right filter and the right oil it's just fine to run much higher mileage on the same change.  

All that said, for many years I had run synthetic oil only to find the cam and tappets had traded materials.  Since that engine rebuild I've been using Valvoline VR1 Racing oil due to it's high zinc.  

I would, though, like to get back to a synthetic oil, but not sure which one has high zinc.

Anybody?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire

>     On 07/05/2020 9:07 AM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>     Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades in my Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use anything else.
> 
>     TeriAnn
> 
>         > > 
> >         From: John Cohen <[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked]
> >         To: Jeff Nathanson <[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked] , [email-masked] mailto:[email-masked]
> >         From: Jeff Nathanson <[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked]
> >         To: [email-masked] mailto:[email-masked]
> >         I realize has been a question posed many times. But what part number of WIX oil filter is best suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on conversion? If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a highly regarded manufacturer for an oil filter?
> > 
> > 
> >         Thanks,
> > 
> >         Jeff N.
> > 
> > 
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> 

------=_Part_23717_1507275958.1593958079758
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html>
<html>
 <head> 
  <meta charset="UTF-8"> 
 </head>
 <body>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Ditto on that.&nbsp; There's a YouTube video of a guy who does a pretty scientific comparison of all kinds of stuff, including one comparing oil filters.&nbsp; WIX/NAPA came out on top easily (they're the same filter, just different branding), as they capture more particulates.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
   <br>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Also seem to remember an article I read about oil.&nbsp; Synthetic has perfectly round molecules that are all the same size, achieving maximum lubricant property because they act like little ball bearings against each other.&nbsp; Also didn't break down as fast as Dinosaur oil, which is a bit more anarchic in structure.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">So, with the right filter and the right oil it's just fine to run much higher mileage on the same change.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">All that said, for many years I had run synthetic oil only to find the cam and tappets had traded materials.&nbsp; Since that engine rebuild I've been using Valvoline VR1 Racing oil due to it's high zinc.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I would, though, like to get back to a synthetic oil, but not sure which one has high zinc.</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Anybody?</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Terry Smith, '59 TR3A&nbsp; TS 58667</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">New Hampshire</span>
  </div>
  <blockquote type="cite">
   <div>
    On 07/05/2020 9:07 AM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
   </div>
   <div>
    <br>
   </div>
   <div>
    <br>
   </div>
   <div class="moz-cite-prefix">
    On 7/4/20 9:13 PM, dave wrote:
    <br>
   </div>
   <blockquote type="cite">
    He is absolutely right.&nbsp; &nbsp;Been using wix for over a decade.&nbsp; &nbsp;Good choice
   </blockquote>
   <p>Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades in my Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use anything else.</p>
   <p>TeriAnn<br></p>
   <blockquote type="cite">
    <div>
     <br>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto" style="font-size: 100%; color: #000000;">
     <div>
      -------- Original message --------
     </div>
     <div>
      From: John Cohen 
      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
     </div>
     <div>
      Date: 7/4/20 10:13 PM (GMT-06:00)
     </div>
     <div>
      To: Jeff Nathanson 
      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>, 
      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">[email-masked]</a>
     </div>
     <div>
      Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on
     </div>
     <div>
      <br>
     </div>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     The Wix is 51516 or the identical NAPA Gold is 1516.&nbsp;
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     John Cohen
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     Rutland, VT
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     1976 TR6
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto" id="composer_signature">
     <div style="font-size: 85%; color: #575757;">
      Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S
     </div>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div>
     <br>
    </div>
    <div dir="auto" style="font-size: 100%; color: #000000;">
     <div>
      -------- Original message --------
     </div>
     <div>
      From: Jeff Nathanson 
      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
     </div>
     <div>
      Date: 7/4/20 22:34 (GMT-05:00)
     </div>
     <div>
      To: 
      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">[email-masked]</a>
     </div>
     <div>
      Subject: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on
     </div>
     <div>
      <br>
     </div>
    </div>
    <div class="WordSection1">
     <p class="MsoNormal">Hello,</p>
     <p class="MsoNormal"><br></p>
     <p class="MsoNormal">I realize has been a question posed many times. But what part number of WIX oil filter is best suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on conversion? If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a highly regarded manufacturer for an oil filter?</p>
     <p class="MsoNormal"><br></p>
     <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,</p>
     <p class="MsoNormal">Jeff N.</p>
     <p class="MsoNormal"><br></p>
    </div>
   </blockquote>
   <br>** [email-masked] **
   <br>
   <br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
   <br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
   <br>
   <br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
   <br>
  </blockquote> 
 </body>
</html>
------=_Part_23717_1507275958.1593958079758--

--===============0423367167692572220==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0423367167692572220==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 09:58:31 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2713007380259725215==
 boundary="------------66BD39AD35A7632AE821121E"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------66BD39AD35A7632AE821121E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

There's a Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic variety, that's what I run in my TR-4 
racer.  I end up ordering it from Amazon because it's not carried locally.

Regards, Tony Drews

On 7/5/2020 9:07 AM, TERRY SMITH wrote:
> Ditto on that.  There's a YouTube video of a guy who does a pretty 
> scientific comparison of all kinds of stuff, including one comparing 
> oil filters.  WIX/NAPA came out on top easily (they're the same 
> filter, just different branding), as they capture more particulates.
>
> Also seem to remember an article I read about oil.  Synthetic has 
> perfectly round molecules that are all the same size, achieving 
> maximum lubricant property because they act like little ball bearings 
> against each other.  Also didn't break down as fast as Dinosaur oil, 
> which is a bit more anarchic in structure.
>
> All that said, for many years I had run synthetic oil only to find the 
> cam and tappets had traded materials.  Since that engine rebuild I've 
> been using Valvoline VR1 Racing oil due to it's high zinc.
>
>>> choice 
>> Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades in 
>> my Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use anything else.
>>
>> TeriAnn
>>
>>>
>>> of WIX oil filter is best suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a 
>>> Spin-on conversion? If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a 
>>> highly regarded manufacturer for an oil filter?
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jeff N.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------66BD39AD35A7632AE821121E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>There's a Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic variety, that's what I run in
      my TR-4 racer.  I end up ordering it from Amazon because it's not
      carried locally.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Regards, Tony Drews<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/5/2020 9:07 AM, TERRY SMITH wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta charset="UTF-8">
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Ditto on that.  There's a YouTube
          video of a guy who does a pretty scientific comparison of all
          kinds of stuff, including one comparing oil filters.  WIX/NAPA
          came out on top easily (they're the same filter, just
          different branding), as they capture more particulates.  </span>
        <br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br>
        </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Also seem to remember an article
          I read about oil.  Synthetic has perfectly round molecules
          that are all the same size, achieving maximum lubricant
          property because they act like little ball bearings against
          each other.  Also didn't break down as fast as Dinosaur oil,
          which is a bit more anarchic in structure.  </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br>
        </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">So, with the right filter and the
          right oil it's just fine to run much higher mileage on the
          same change.  </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br>
        </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">All that said, for many years I
          had run synthetic oil only to find the cam and tappets had
          traded materials.  Since that engine rebuild I've been using
          Valvoline VR1 Racing oil due to it's high zinc.  </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br>
        </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I would, though, like to get back
          to a synthetic oil, but not sure which one has high zinc.</span>
      </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br>
        </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Anybody?</span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br>
        </span> </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667</span>
      </div>
      <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,
        sans-serif; color: #333333;"> <span style="font-family:
          helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">New Hampshire</span> </div>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div> On 07/05/2020 9:07 AM TeriAnn J. Wakeman
          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote: </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div class="moz-cite-prefix"> On 7/4/20 9:13 PM, dave wrote: <br>
        </div>
        <blockquote type="cite"> He is absolutely right.   Been using
          wix for over a decade.   Good choice </blockquote>
        <p>Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4
          decades in my Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use
          anything else.</p>
        <p>TeriAnn<br>
        </p>
        <blockquote type="cite">
          <div> <br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto" style="font-size: 100%; color: #000000;">
            <div> -------- Original message -------- </div>
            <div> From: John Cohen <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
            </div>
            <div> Date: 7/4/20 10:13 PM (GMT-06:00) </div>
            <div> To: Jeff Nathanson <a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>,
              <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
            </div>
            <div> Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on </div>
            <div> <br>
            </div>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto"> The Wix is 51516 or the identical NAPA Gold
            is 1516.  </div>
          <div dir="auto"> <br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto"> John Cohen </div>
          <div dir="auto"> Rutland, VT </div>
          <div dir="auto"> 1976 TR6 </div>
          <div dir="auto"> <br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto"> <br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto"> <br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto" id="composer_signature">
            <div style="font-size: 85%; color: #575757;"> Sent via the
              Samsung Galaxy S </div>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto"> <br>
          </div>
          <div> <br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto" style="font-size: 100%; color: #000000;">
            <div> -------- Original message -------- </div>
            <div> From: Jeff Nathanson <a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
            </div>
            <div> Date: 7/4/20 22:34 (GMT-05:00) </div>
            <div> To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
            </div>
            <div> Subject: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on </div>
            <div> <br>
            </div>
          </div>
          <div class="WordSection1">
            <p class="MsoNormal">Hello,</p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
            </p>
            <p class="MsoNormal">I realize has been a question posed
              many times. But what part number of WIX oil filter is best
              suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on conversion?
              If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a highly
              regarded manufacturer for an oil filter?</p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
            </p>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,</p>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Jeff N.</p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
            </p>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
        <br>
        ** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> ** <br>
        <br>
        Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a> <br>
        Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a> <br>
        <br>
        Unsubscribe/Manage:
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
        <br>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------66BD39AD35A7632AE821121E--

--===============2713007380259725215==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2713007380259725215==--

---

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 11:27:29 -0400 (EDT)

--===============3789420957980821132==
	boundary="----=_Part_25463_1847364976.1593962849692"

------=_Part_25463_1847364976.1593962849692
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ah.  That explains why I've never seen it.  

Thanks.

>     On 07/05/2020 10:58 AM Tony Drews <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> 
>     There's a Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic variety, that's what I run in my TR-4 racer.  I end up ordering it from Amazon because it's not carried locally.
> 
>     Regards, Tony Drews
> 
> >             > > >             On 07/05/2020 9:07 AM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]> mailto:[email-masked] wrote:
> > > 
> > > 
> > > >             > > >             ** [email-masked] mailto:[email-masked] **
> > > 
> >         ** [email-masked] mailto:[email-masked] **
> > 

------=_Part_25463_1847364976.1593962849692
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html>
<html>
 <head> 
  <meta charset="UTF-8"> 
 </head>
 <body>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Ah.&nbsp; That explains why I've never seen it.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
   <br>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Thanks.</span>
  </div>
  <blockquote type="cite">
   <div>
    On 07/05/2020 10:58 AM Tony Drews &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
   </div>
   <div>
    <br>
   </div>
   <div>
    <br>
   </div>
   <p>There's a Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic variety, that's what I run in my TR-4 racer.&nbsp; I end up ordering it from Amazon because it's not carried locally.<br></p>
   <p>Regards, Tony Drews<br></p>
   <div class="moz-cite-prefix">
    On 7/5/2020 9:07 AM, TERRY SMITH wrote:
    <br>
   </div>
   <blockquote type="cite">
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Ditto on that.&nbsp; There's a YouTube video of a guy who does a pretty scientific comparison of all kinds of stuff, including one comparing oil filters.&nbsp; WIX/NAPA came out on top easily (they're the same filter, just different branding), as they capture more particulates.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span> 
     <br>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Also seem to remember an article I read about oil.&nbsp; Synthetic has perfectly round molecules that are all the same size, achieving maximum lubricant property because they act like little ball bearings against each other.&nbsp; Also didn't break down as fast as Dinosaur oil, which is a bit more anarchic in structure.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">So, with the right filter and the right oil it's just fine to run much higher mileage on the same change.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">All that said, for many years I had run synthetic oil only to find the cam and tappets had traded materials.&nbsp; Since that engine rebuild I've been using Valvoline VR1 Racing oil due to it's high zinc.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I would, though, like to get back to a synthetic oil, but not sure which one has high zinc.</span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Anybody?</span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Terry Smith, '59 TR3A&nbsp; TS 58667</span>
    </div>
    <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial,        sans-serif; color: #333333;">
     <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">New Hampshire</span>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite">
     <div>
      On 07/05/2020 9:07 AM TeriAnn J. Wakeman 
      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:
     </div>
     <div>
      <br>
     </div>
     <div>
      <br>
     </div>
     <div class="moz-cite-prefix">
      On 7/4/20 9:13 PM, dave wrote: 
      <br>
     </div>
     <blockquote type="cite">
      He is absolutely right.&nbsp; &nbsp;Been using wix for over a decade.&nbsp; &nbsp;Good choice
     </blockquote>
     <p>Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades in my Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use anything else.</p>
     <p>TeriAnn<br></p>
     <blockquote type="cite">
      <div>
       <br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-size: 100%; color: #000000;" dir="auto">
       <div>
        -------- Original message --------
       </div>
       <div>
        From: John Cohen 
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
       </div>
       <div>
        Date: 7/4/20 10:13 PM (GMT-06:00)
       </div>
       <div>
        To: Jeff Nathanson 
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>, 
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
       </div>
       <div>
        Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on
       </div>
       <div>
        <br>
       </div>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       The Wix is 51516 or the identical NAPA Gold is 1516.&nbsp;
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       <br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       John Cohen
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       Rutland, VT
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       1976 TR6
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       <br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       <br>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       <br>
      </div>
      <div id="composer_signature" dir="auto">
       <div style="font-size: 85%; color: #575757;">
        Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S
       </div>
      </div>
      <div dir="auto">
       <br>
      </div>
      <div>
       <br>
      </div>
      <div style="font-size: 100%; color: #000000;" dir="auto">
       <div>
        -------- Original message --------
       </div>
       <div>
        From: Jeff Nathanson 
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
       </div>
       <div>
        Date: 7/4/20 22:34 (GMT-05:00)
       </div>
       <div>
        To: 
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
       </div>
       <div>
        Subject: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on
       </div>
       <div>
        <br>
       </div>
      </div>
      <div class="WordSection1">
       <p class="MsoNormal">Hello,</p>
       <p class="MsoNormal"><br></p>
       <p class="MsoNormal">I realize has been a question posed many times. But what part number of WIX oil filter is best suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on conversion? If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a highly regarded manufacturer for an oil filter?</p>
       <p class="MsoNormal"><br></p>
       <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,</p>
       <p class="MsoNormal">Jeff N.</p>
       <p class="MsoNormal"><br></p>
      </div>
     </blockquote>
     <br>** 
     <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">[email-masked]</a> ** 
     <br>
     <br>Donate: 
     <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a> 
     <br>Archive: 
     <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
     <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a> 
     <br>
     <br>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
     <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a> 
     <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <pre class="moz-quote-pre">** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
   </blockquote>** [email-masked] **
   <br>
   <br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
   <br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
   <br>
   <br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
   <br>
  </blockquote> 
 </body>
</html>
------=_Part_25463_1847364976.1593962849692--

--===============3789420957980821132==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3789420957980821132==--

---

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 11:26:01 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2915290454157349477==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0019_01D652BF.10A49120"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D652BF.10A49120
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Order it from advanced auto parts - =
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/valvoline-vr1-racing-20w-50-full-synt=
hetic-motor-oil-1-quart-679082/10069836-P?searchTerm=3Dvalvoline%2020w50

=20

Free shipping with 4 or more quarts.

=20

I just checked =E2=80=93 amazon is more expensive

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TERRY =
SMITH
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 10:27 AM
To: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on

=20

Ah.  That explains why I've never seen it.  =20

=20

Thanks.=20

On 07/05/2020 10:58 AM Tony Drews <[email-masked] =

=20

=20

There's a Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic variety, that's what I run in my TR-4 =
racer.  I end up ordering it from Amazon because it's not carried =
locally.

Regards, Tony Drews

On 7/5/2020 9:07 AM, TERRY SMITH wrote:=20

Ditto on that.  There's a YouTube video of a guy who does a pretty =
scientific comparison of all kinds of stuff, including one comparing oil =
filters.  WIX/NAPA came out on top easily (they're the same filter, just =
different branding), as they capture more particulates.  =20

=20

Also seem to remember an article I read about oil.  Synthetic has =
perfectly round molecules that are all the same size, achieving maximum =
lubricant property because they act like little ball bearings against =
each other.  Also didn't break down as fast as Dinosaur oil, which is a =
bit more anarchic in structure.  =20

=20

So, with the right filter and the right oil it's just fine to run much =
higher mileage on the same change.  =20

=20

All that said, for many years I had run synthetic oil only to find the =
cam and tappets had traded materials.  Since that engine rebuild I've =
been using Valvoline VR1 Racing oil due to it's high zinc.  =20

=20

I would, though, like to get back to a synthetic oil, but not sure which =
one has high zinc.=20

=20

Anybody?=20

=20

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667=20

New Hampshire=20

<[email-masked]> wrote:=20

=20

=20

On 7/4/20 9:13 PM, dave wrote:=20

He is absolutely right.   Been using wix for over a decade.   Good =
choice=20

Been using WIX and NAPA gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades in my =
Land Rover and 3 decades in my T3. Wouldn't use anything else.

TeriAnn

=20

-------- Original message --------=20

Date: 7/4/20 10:13 PM (GMT-06:00)=20

Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on=20

=20

The Wix is 51516 or the identical NAPA Gold is 1516. =20

=20

John Cohen=20

Rutland, VT=20

1976 TR6=20

=20

=20

=20

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S=20

=20

=20

-------- Original message --------=20

Date: 7/4/20 22:34 (GMT-05:00)=20

Subject: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on=20

=20

Hello,

=20

I realize has been a question posed many times. But what part number of =
WIX oil filter is best suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on =
conversion? If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a highly =
regarded manufacturer for an oil filter?

=20

Thanks,

Jeff N.

=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=20

=20

=20
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =
=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=20

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D652BF.10A49120
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:"Consolas",serif;}
span.EmailStyle22
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Order it =
from advanced auto parts - <a =
href=3D"https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/valvoline-vr1-racing-20w-50-f=
ull-synthetic-motor-oil-1-quart-679082/10069836-P?searchTerm=3Dvalvoline%=
2020w50">https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/valvoline-vr1-racing-20w-50-=
full-synthetic-motor-oil-1-quart-679082/10069836-P?searchTerm=3Dvalvoline=
%2020w50</a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Free shipping with 4 or more quarts.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I just =
checked =E2=80=93 amazon is more expensive<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>TERRY =
SMITH<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, July 5, 2020 10:27 AM<br><b>To:</b> Tony =
Drews &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter =
with spin on<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>Ah.&nbsp; That explains why I've never seen it.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>Thanks. <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 07/05/2020 10:58 AM Tony Drews &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote: =
<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p>There's a Valvoline VR-1 =
Synthetic variety, that's what I run in my TR-4 racer.&nbsp; I end up =
ordering it from Amazon because it's not carried =
locally.<o:p></o:p></p><p>Regards, Tony Drews<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 7/5/2020 9:07 AM, TERRY SMITH wrote: =
<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>Ditto on that.&nbsp; There's a YouTube video of a guy who does a =
pretty scientific comparison of all kinds of stuff, including one =
comparing oil filters.&nbsp; WIX/NAPA came out on top easily (they're =
the same filter, just different branding), as they capture more =
particulates.&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>Also seem to remember an article I read about oil.&nbsp; Synthetic =
has perfectly round molecules that are all the same size, achieving =
maximum lubricant property because they act like little ball bearings =
against each other.&nbsp; Also didn't break down as fast as Dinosaur =
oil, which is a bit more anarchic in structure.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>So, with the right filter and the right oil it's just fine to run =
much higher mileage on the same change.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>All that said, for many years I had run synthetic oil only to find =
the cam and tappets had traded materials.&nbsp; Since that engine =
rebuild I've been using Valvoline VR1 Racing oil due to it's high =
zinc.&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>I would, though, like to get back to a synthetic oil, but not sure =
which one has high zinc. <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>Anybody? <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>Terry Smith, '59 TR3A&nbsp; TS 58667 =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#33333=
3'>New Hampshire <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 07/05/2020 9:07 AM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> =
wrote: <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 7/4/20 9:13 PM, dave wrote: =
<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p class=3DMsoNormal>He =
is absolutely right.&nbsp; &nbsp;Been using wix for over a decade.&nbsp; =
&nbsp;Good choice <o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><p>Been using WIX and NAPA =
gold (made by WIX) for at least 4 decades in my Land Rover and 3 decades =
in my T3. Wouldn't use anything =
else.<o:p></o:p></p><p>TeriAnn<o:p></o:p></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:black'>-------- Original message =
-------- <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>From: John Cohen <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>Date: 7/4/20 10:13 PM (GMT-06:00) =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>To: Jeff Nathanson <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin =
on <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The Wix is 51516 or the identical NAPA Gold is =
1516.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>John Cohen <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Rutland, VT <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>1976 TR6 <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div =
id=3D"composer_signature"><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;color:#575757'>Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:black'>-------- Original message =
-------- <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>From: Jeff Nathanson <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>Date: 7/4/20 22:34 (GMT-05:00) =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>To: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>Subject: [TR] TR6 - wix oil filter with spin on =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Hello,<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><o:p>&nbsp;<=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>I realize =
has been a question posed many times. But what part number of WIX oil =
filter is best suited for a 1972 Triumph TR6 with a Spin-on conversion? =
If WIX is not a top performer , then what is a highly regarded =
manufacturer for an oil filter?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><o:p>&nbsp;<=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Thanks,<o:p>=
</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Jeff =
N.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><o:p>&nbsp;<=
/o:p></p></div></blockquote><p class=3DMsoNormal><br>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> ** =
<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a> <br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a> <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a> =
<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
t">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
 <o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><pre>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o=
:p></o:p></pre></blockquote><p class=3DMsoNormal>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> ** =
<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a> <br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a> <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a> =
<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
t">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
 <o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D652BF.10A49120--

--===============2915290454157349477==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2915290454157349477==--