Subject: [TR] GT6 transmission

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 15:44:31 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------D3AE0BF4668E7198B774AF47
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I will be working on adding adding an overdrive to my 1968 GT6 Mark 1 
transmission. In looking over some things, it appears that I have a 
transmission number that shouldn't exist. The number is WE 12870 as can 
be seen in the attached picture.  From the outside it looks like what I 
expect a GT6 transmission to look like.  The previous owner did tell me 
he had the transmission rebuilt not terribly ong before I bought it.

 From what I can tell GT6 transmissions should start with KC or KD.  A 
Vitesse box it would be HB or HC. (based on this 
site:http://www.wolfitt.com/numbers_and_ratios.htm).  I don't know what 
other car it could come from.

Were there separate numbers for rebuilt or replacement transmissions?

Thanks,
Roger Elliott

--------------D3AE0BF4668E7198B774AF47
 name="TransmissionNumber.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="TransmissionNumber.jpg"

--------------D3AE0BF4668E7198B774AF47
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--------------D3AE0BF4668E7198B774AF47--