Subject: [TR] Front hub

From: bill beecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 17:04:00 -0500

OK, replacing the timing cover and then the front hub & pulley on the TR3 motor.  The book says the when the keyway on the crank is at 6:00, the motor is at TDC. However it feels like TDC is a 1/6 of a turn beyond that(clockwise) and that is where the notch in the hub is.  

Need to get the pulley positioned correctly before I move forward, it is a bear to deal with in situ. 

Someone who has BTDT?

Thanks,
Bill B
TS75131E

Stay Home, Wash Your Hands. 
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "andrew uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 08:23:42 -0400

Bill:

The hub has been taken apart at some stage in the past and put together
wrong.  Separate the 2 halves and rotate 1/6 turn so when the keyway is at
6:00, the mark is at 12:00.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of bill beecher
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 6:04 PM
To: Dave Ranteer <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Front hub

OK, replacing the timing cover and then the front hub & pulley on the TR3
motor.  The book says the when the keyway on the crank is at 6:00, the motor
is at TDC. However it feels like TDC is a 1/6 of a turn beyond
that(clockwise) and that is where the notch in the hub is.  

Need to get the pulley positioned correctly before I move forward, it is a
bear to deal with in situ. 

Someone who has BTDT?

Thanks,
Bill B
TS75131E

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]