Subject: [TR] Vitesse OD Identification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 16:53:51 -0700 (PDT)

--===============8498432290498516842==
	boundary="=_76f64f47-a80a-463c-81cf-5fa2892d4766"

--=_76f64f47-a80a-463c-81cf-5fa2892d4766
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Background: My 1967 Vitesse was a Switzerland issue car. It was shipped without an OD but the original owners added one. The past year I've been having a sometimes delayed response getting into OD.... sometimes I have to flip the switch several times to get it to engage. 

Today I removed the seats, carpet, and trans tunnel to clean the filter that is on the left side of the OD. I was stunned that the OD was different than the ones shown in my Vitesse/GT6 manuals and online. The solenoid was on the left towards the bottom of the trans and if there is a filter/screen to clean is must be on the very bottom of the OD as I couldn't see one from the top and the exhaust system prevents me from seeing the bottom. Pictures are hopefully attached. I think the problem was the mechanical switch on the transmission linkage that inhibits the OD from engaging in 1st, 2nd, and reverse was loose and in fact flaky but I'm perplexed as to what the OD came out of. On the flange of the OD 

Stanpart MAT 3280 

is on the right front OD flange. On left side 

883133085 116429 

is stamped on the front left OD flange and 

SG 7388 -3 -L 
115314 

is stamped on the left case of the OD. 

Any ideas on what this OD came out of? A Volvo maybe? 

Thanks, 
Bruce Harding 

--=_76f64f47-a80a-463c-81cf-5fa2892d4766
	boundary="=_f9cf464a-93eb-4ab1-93c2-4834716efe1e"

--=_f9cf464a-93eb-4ab1-93c2-4834716efe1e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div><span style=3D"font-size: 12pt;" data-mce-s=
tyle=3D"font-size: 12pt;">Background:&nbsp; My 1967 Vitesse was a Switzerla=
nd issue car.&nbsp; It was shipped without an OD but the original owners ad=
ded one.&nbsp; The past year I've been having a sometimes delayed response =
getting into OD.... sometimes I have to flip the switch several times to ge=
t it to engage.</span></div><div><div><br></div><div>Today I removed the se=
ats, carpet, and trans tunnel to clean the filter that is on the left side =
of the OD.&nbsp; I was stunned that the OD was different than the ones show=
n in my Vitesse/GT6 manuals and online.&nbsp; The solenoid was on the left =
towards the bottom of the trans and if there is a filter/screen to clean is=
 must be on the very bottom of the OD as I couldn't see one from the top an=
d the exhaust system prevents me from seeing the bottom.&nbsp; Pictures are=
 hopefully attached.&nbsp; I think the problem was the mechanical switch on=
 the transmission linkage that inhibits the OD from engaging in 1st, 2nd, a=
nd reverse was loose and in fact flaky but I'm perplexed as to what the OD =
came out of.&nbsp; On the flange of the OD</div><div><br></div><div>Stanpar=
t MAT 3280</div><div><br></div><div>is on the right front OD flange.&nbsp; =
On left side</div><div><br></div><div>883133085 116429</div><div><br></div>=
<div>is stamped on the front left OD flange and&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><=
div>SG 7388 -3 -L</div><div>115314</div><div><br></div><div>is stamped on t=
he left case of the OD.</div><div><br></div><div>Any ideas on what this OD =
came out of?&nbsp; A Volvo maybe?</div><div><br></div><div><img src=3D"cid:=
cc5f4c267760e55e74f8dd38003d64126d49e5b8@zimbra" data-mce-src=3D"cid:cc5f4c=
267760e55e74f8dd38003d64126d49e5b8@zimbra"><img src=3D"cid:136d5de80508bd03=
a4e459f5207014ae88480c48@zimbra" data-mce-src=3D"cid:136d5de80508bd03a4e459=
f5207014ae88480c48@zimbra"></div><div><img src=3D"cid:435578d68966749059b21=
66022b191035dcbdf0c@zimbra" data-mce-src=3D"cid:435578d68966749059b2166022b=
191035dcbdf0c@zimbra"></div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Bruce Har=
ding</div></div></div></body></html>
--=_f9cf464a-93eb-4ab1-93c2-4834716efe1e
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="vit od 1 LR.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <cc5f4c267760e55e74f8dd38003d64126d49e5b8@zimbra>

--=_f9cf464a-93eb-4ab1-93c2-4834716efe1e
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="vit od 2 lr.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <136d5de80508bd03a4e459f5207014ae88480c48@zimbra>

--=_f9cf464a-93eb-4ab1-93c2-4834716efe1e
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="vit od 3 lr.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <435578d68966749059b2166022b191035dcbdf0c@zimbra>

--=_f9cf464a-93eb-4ab1-93c2-4834716efe1e--

--=_76f64f47-a80a-463c-81cf-5fa2892d4766--

--===============8498432290498516842==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8498432290498516842==--