Subject: [TR] 62 TR4

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 09:27:01 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1657226153651391335==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5F6BE.0E14A1F0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5F6BE.0E14A1F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Recently the starter switch seemed to fail.  I got in it and no power
nothing.  I put my hand under the switch and pushed on the wires, then it
started up and ran.

Yesterday again no power.  We pushed the car across the alley and over a few
bumps into my driveway.  Then it had power.

Does it sound like the switch is bad?  Likely it's the original switch.  The
car did sit for 25 years in a warehouse before I got it about 10 years ago.

Should I get another switch?  Try to repair the existing?  Maybe take it
apart (can I do that?) and clean it?

Anyone run into this?

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5F6BE.0E14A1F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Recently the starter switch seemed to fail.&nbsp; I =
got in it and no power nothing.&nbsp; I put my hand under the switch and =
pushed on the wires, then it started up and ran.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Yesterday =
again no power.&nbsp; We pushed the car across the alley and over a few =
bumps into my driveway.&nbsp; Then it had power.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Does it =
sound like the switch is bad?&nbsp; Likely it&#8217;s the original =
switch.&nbsp; The car did sit for 25 years in a warehouse before I got =
it about 10 years ago.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Should I get =
another switch?&nbsp; Try to repair the existing?&nbsp; Maybe take it =
apart (can I do that?) and clean it?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyone run =
into this?<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5F6BE.0E14A1F0--

--===============1657226153651391335==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1657226153651391335==--