Subject: [TR] distributor advance

From: Peter Arakelian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 03:05:31 +0000

--===============6070666072713018258==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM5PR06MB356417983314D354A28B76F5C1E40DM5PR06MB3564namp_"

--_000_DM5PR06MB356417983314D354A28B76F5C1E40DM5PR06MB3564namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DM5PR06MB356417983314D354A28B76F5C1E40DM5PR06MB3564namp_
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DM5PR06MB356417983314D354A28B76F5C1E40DM5PR06MB3564namp_--

--===============6070666072713018258==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6070666072713018258==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 12:16:07 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2608141136236626327==
	boundary="----=_Part_2511782_634287157.1583237767259"

------=_Part_2511782_634287157.1583237767259
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I think it is much more likely that the newer, stiffer springs are a littl=
e bit longer resulting in the 10 - 15 degree advance.=C2=A0 It would not ta=
ke much extra length to do that and it may not even be perceptible with the=
 naked eye.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Arakelian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Mar 2, 2020 9:05 pm
Subject: [TR] distributor advance

 >>your empirical data has to be flawed<<=C2=A0Gee, really hard to mess up =
reading a timing light before and after changing springs.=C2=A0 Only been d=
oing it for 50 years or so, but even if I do it incorrectly, as long as I d=
o it the same each time the TRUTH is the timing advanced 10-15 degrees with=
 the newer springs.Perhaps we are looking at this backwards.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Le=
t's say the weights move out the same amount no matter what springs are use=
d.=C2=A0 the springs pull upon a part of the distributor and advance the ti=
ming.=C2=A0 How strong is the resistance of the part on the distributor tha=
t advances?=C2=A0 I suspect not very, in which case the stronger springs wi=
ll pull the distributor part sooner advancing the timing sooner.** triumphs=
@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

------=_Part_2511782_634287157.1583237767259
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">I think it is much more likely that the newer, stiffer springs are a little bit longer resulting in the 10 - 15 degree advance.&nbsp; It would not take much extra length to do that and it may not even be perceptible with the naked eye.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Peter Arakelian &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Mon, Mar 2, 2020 9:05 pm<br>
Subject: [TR] distributor advance<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv3195751992">

<div>

<div>&gt;&gt;<span style="font-family:sans-serif;font-size:11pt;">your
 empirical data has to be flawed&lt;&lt;</span></div>

<div><span style="font-family:sans-serif;font-size:11pt;"></span>&nbsp;</div>

<div><span style="font-family:sans-serif;font-size:11pt;">Gee,
 really hard to mess up reading a timing light before and after changing springs.&nbsp; Only been doing it for 50 years or so, but even if I do it incorrectly, as long as I do it the same each time the TRUTH is the timing advanced 10-15 degrees with the newer springs.</span></div>

<div><span style="font-family:sans-serif;font-size:11pt;">Perhaps
 we are looking at this backwards.&nbsp;&nbsp; Let's say the weights move out the same amount no matter what springs are used.&nbsp; the springs pull upon a part of the distributor and advance the timing.&nbsp; How strong is the resistance of the part on the distributor that advances?&nbsp;
 I suspect not very, in which case the stronger springs will pull the distributor part sooner advancing the timing sooner.</span></div>

</div>

</div>
** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__8e0c193d-bdf4-4338-991c-412d5f83ccb1__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
Archive: <a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__8e0c193d-bdf4-4338-991c-412d5f83ccb1__href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs </a> <a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__8e0c193d-bdf4-4338-991c-412d5f83ccb1__href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
</div>
</div>

------=_Part_2511782_634287157.1583237767259--

--===============2608141136236626327==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2608141136236626327==--