Subject: [TR] TR4 switch

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:09:38 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5340438189999763802==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000E_01D6005B.E838F880"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01D6005B.E838F880
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

For those interested, here's a shot of the internals of the digital VR:
https://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr4/P1020419.JPG

I actually have a replacement unit on there now installed after this picture
was taken.  Its identical to the one that came on the car when I bought it.

As it turned out, I removed the VR because it was in the way of getting to
the wires.  I noticed that it was pretty loose.

Some testing and directly grounding the VR to the negative terminal of the
battery while it was off and I was getting 12 volts to the switch.

VR is bolted SECURELY back on, complete with ground and the engine is
starting right up and purring right along.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion and helped and
encouraged me to work through it.  Its been an interesting, and maybe fun,
experience.

Off and driving!!!!!

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01D6005B.E838F880
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>For those interested, here&#8217;s a shot of the =
internals of the digital VR: <a =
href=3D"https://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr4/P1020419.JPG">https://www.r=
anteer.com/davescars/tr4/P1020419.JPG</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I actually =
have a replacement unit on there now installed after this picture was =
taken. &nbsp;Its identical to the one that came on the car when I bought =
it.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>As it turned out, I removed the VR because it was in =
the way of getting to the wires.&nbsp; I noticed that it was pretty =
loose.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Some testing and directly grounding the VR to the =
negative terminal of the battery while it was off and I was getting 12 =
volts to the switch.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>VR is bolted =
SECURELY back on, complete with ground and the engine is starting right =
up and purring right along.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks to =
everyone who contributed to this discussion and helped and encouraged me =
to work through it.&nbsp; Its been an interesting, and maybe fun, =
experience.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Off and driving!!!!!<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000E_01D6005B.E838F880--

--===============5340438189999763802==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5340438189999763802==--