Subject: [TR] Some list admin comments

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 08:52:46 -0600

The sump gasket thread brought up a couple of issues. First off, I am 
not sure why some addresses, usually AOL based, send out two copies of a 
reply to the list. Don't know if it some bogus setting, operator error, 
bad software or what. Certainly not a big deal.

Secondly:

"I just did this a couple months ago and asked the same question, 
perhaps the thread will be in the archives."

I discovered a while back there is a problem with the search function of 
the archives.  Messages are indeed getting added to the archives [ link 
below for real time, near top for digest ] but the search function 
apparently quit adding new messages to the database some years ago.  
This is, at least to me, a serious problem.  The Team Net email archives 
are an incredible source of information collected over the decades, I 
would like them to be as useful as possible.  Broken searching is not 
useful.

Maybe when I retire in a while I'll have more time to wade through the 
twisty little maze of old. unsupported, outdated software that is behind 
the archives, figure out the problem and get things to where they should 
be.  I'll poke around some before then, not sure how long it may take.

I'm not getting any younger, will be hitting 66 years old in a couple 
weeks, Team Net will be 29 on the same day, so retirement may be just 
around the corner.  We shall see.

But at least for now I will make sure the basic list functions keep on 
keepin' on, as more folks are sitting at home looking for ways to 
entertain, amuse and educate themselves.

Stay healthy, friends.

mjb.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]