Subject: [TR] Triumph Italia

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 19:30:16 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0406804729981239441==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D5FA36.FDB679B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D5FA36.FDB679B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

https://bringatrailer.com/2017/02/03/restored-w-tr4-chassis-upgrade-1961-tri
umph-italia/

this ad claims an Italia restored/upgraded to a TR4 chassis.

Am I right in thinking either they widened the sheet metal or cut down the
TR4 chassis?

Or maybe they are flat out lying. 

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D5FA36.FDB679B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://bringatrailer.com/2017/02/03/restored-w-tr4-chassis-upgra=
de-1961-triumph-italia/">https://bringatrailer.com/2017/02/03/restored-w-=
tr4-chassis-upgrade-1961-triumph-italia/</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>this ad =
claims an Italia restored/upgraded to a TR4 chassis.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Am I right =
in thinking either they widened the sheet metal or cut down the TR4 =
chassis?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Or maybe they are flat out lying. =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D5FA36.FDB679B0--

--===============0406804729981239441==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0406804729981239441==--

---

From: "wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 20:40:31 -0500

--===============4803636953828851057==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004C_01D5FA40.CE20BA80"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D5FA40.CE20BA80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

An early TR4 chassis would simply be a widened TR3 chassis with extended
outriggers.  Cutting is down would be simple.   Car looks nice, surely they
did not widen it by 4"?

Bill

TS30800L

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of dave
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 7:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Triumph Italia

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D5FA40.CE20BA80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>An early TR4 chassis =
would simply be a widened TR3 chassis with extended outriggers.&nbsp; =
Cutting is down would be simple.&nbsp;&nbsp; Car looks nice, surely they =
did not widen it by 4&#8221;?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Bill<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>TS30800L<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>dave<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, March 14, 2020 7:30 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] Triumph =
Italia<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://bringatrailer.com/2017/02/03/restored-w-tr4-chassis-upgra=
de-1961-triumph-italia/">https://bringatrailer.com/2017/02/03/restored-w-=
tr4-chassis-upgrade-1961-triumph-italia/</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>this ad =
claims an Italia restored/upgraded to a TR4 chassis.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Am I right =
in thinking either they widened the sheet metal or cut down the TR4 =
chassis?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Or maybe they are flat out lying. =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D5FA40.CE20BA80--

--===============4803636953828851057==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4803636953828851057==--