Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 03:14:37 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0098320763946434224==
 boundary="------------34DEE2E7543874CE8486E6F6"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------34DEE2E7543874CE8486E6F6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

typing in high school ancient mechanical typewriters...... final exam 
end of the year ...teacher throws towels over everyone typewriter and hands!
I had two mistakes on the full page.... scored 76 word a minute.

Then never touched a typewriter or keyboard for 5 years. Computers in 
the very late 70's and very early 80s, made me realize I'd lost all that 
typing skill.

Over the last 40 years I've authored millions of lines of code 
programming factory robotics, video, automated testing, even an 
co-authored a complete C.A.S.E. environment
for clean room testing hybrid micro circuits, and now A.I. and machine 
learning on monster massively parallel  HPC systems.

To this day if  5 fingers on both hands are used when I type I'd be 
surprised. 4 fingers is normal

ptegler

On 2/1/2020 1:24 AM, Greg Lemon wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> I have you beat, have been writing as part of my job and hobbies for 
> over 30 years.  I use four fingers.  If I don't think about it I 
> realize sometimes I am doing it from muscle memory and not looking, if 
> I start to think about it the magic goes away and I have to look.  
> Still make way too many mistakes.  Preparing papers for college with a 
> typewriter was pretty painful, I tell the kids these stories, but they 
> just roll their eyes.
>
> I also go one finger at a time on my phone, can't do the two fingered 
> thing like the kids.  Interestingly, I just noticed, I type with my 
> right hand on my phone, even though I am very left dominent with most 
> everything else I do.
>
> Greg Lemon
> TR250
> Greg Lemon
> TR250
>
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2020, 6:56 PM Patrick Baize <[email-masked] 
>
>     I never took typing in school. Later I tried to use "Mavis Beaves
>     teaches typing", didn't work. I have been writing software for
>     over 30 years, I use 3 fingers, 1 on left hand, 2 on the right.
>
>     Patrick
>
>
>     On 1/31/2020 6:27 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:
>>     I never took a typing class, I am self taught.  I remember
>>     staying up all night typing a report for class in highschool. 
>>     When I started working there was no need for an engineer to type.
>>     Enter the desk-top computer  Now I spend most of my time staring
>>     at a screen typing on a keyboard. Who'd a thunk?
>>
>>     Dave
>>
>>
>>
>>     -----Original Message-----
>>     To: 'TeriAnn J. Wakeman' <[email-masked]>
>>     Sent: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 9:07 pm
>>     Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired
>>
>>     In 1990, when I graduated HS, if you were going to graduate and
>>     be "college bound", you had to take a typing class.  It was Sr.
>>     year and it was "Health" one semester, "Typing" the next or vice
>>     versa.
>>
>>     If you were "Vo-Tech" typing was an option, but "Health" was
>>     still mandatory.
>>
>>     Same teacher taught both classes.  One of the most bitter and
>>     angry people I have ever met.
>>
>>     The though of  "Health" class taught by an angry, frigid,
>>     humorless 60 year old woman still makes me wonder.  I guess if
>>     you had to manage the subject matter with a bunch of teenagers,
>>     many of whom were headed nowhere, after a few years, you would
>>     end up like that too.
>>
>>     Typing was one of the most valuable skills I ever learned.
>>
>>     My kids all had typing classes in public schools in 1st and 2nd
>>     grade post 2010.
>>
>>     Time and technology change everything.
>>
>>     I wish I could learn to type on a phone and manage the
>>     "autocorrect", that would be something.
>>
>>
>>     -----Original Message-----
>>     From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
>>     TeriAnn J. Wakeman
>>     Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:38 PM
>>     To: [email-masked]
>>     Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired
>>
>>     On 1/30/20 6:23 PM, Bud Rolofson wrote:
>>     > Exactly, I took typing in eighth grade because there lots of
>>     girls in
>>     > that class and I was a horny 13 yo.  But my 50 yo typing muscle
>>     memory
>>     > will always space twice after a period. Canâ€™t help it.
>>     >
>>     > Busted.
>>     >
>>     > Bud
>>
>>     I didn't take typing in high school because I didn't want to be
>>     pigeonholed as a secretary. In early years I went in to interview
>>     for a technical position with a degree in electronics & almost
>>     always was asked what my typing speed was. When I mentioned about
>>     a page ever 2 hours or so, I got interviewed for the job I was
>>     applying for. I knew a woman with a Stanford masters in physics
>>     who in the mid 60s worked as a tech group secretary.
>>
>>     During college when I needed to submit typed papers, I traded
>>     typing for either a homemade apple pie or a ready to bake
>>     homemade lasagna. I single space between sentences only on
>>     emails. That is because my mailer produces strange characters
>>     when I double space a sentence. The books I have authored are all
>>     double spaced between sentences and my reviewers have forced me
>>     to use oxford comas. They are not used in technical papers.
>>
>>     TeriAnn
>>
>>
>>
>>     Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>     Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive
>>
>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
>     http://www.team.net/archive
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]  www.teglerizer.com

--------------34DEE2E7543874CE8486E6F6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>typing in high school ancient mechanical typewriters...... final
      exam end of the year ...teacher throws towels over everyone
      typewriter and hands!<br>
      I had two mistakes on the full page.... scored 76 word a minute.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Then never touched a typewriter or keyboard for 5 years. 
      Computers in the very late 70's and very early 80s, made me
      realize I'd lost all that typing skill.</p>
    <p>Over the last 40 years I've authored millions of lines of code
      programming factory robotics, video, automated testing, even an
      co-authored a complete C.A.S.E. environment<br>
      for clean room testing hybrid micro circuits, and now A.I. and
      machine learning on monster massively parallel  HPC systems.</p>
    <p>To this day if  5 fingers on both hands are used when I type I'd
      be surprised. 4 fingers is normal</p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/1/2020 1:24 AM, Greg Lemon wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAFtw3aYKw=MUoxzt7cj00mBU+jdr=Myb+gnVWtkjuVQFi=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">Patrick,
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">I have you beat, have been writing as part of my
          job and hobbies for over 30 years.  I use four fingers.  If I
          don't think about it I realize sometimes I am doing it from
          muscle memory and not looking, if I start to think about it
          the magic goes away and I have to look.  Still make way too
          many mistakes.  Preparing papers for college with a typewriter
          was pretty painful, I tell the kids these stories, but they
          just roll their eyes.</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">I also go one finger at a time on my phone,
          can't do the two fingered thing like the kids.  Interestingly,
          I just noticed, I type with my right hand on my phone, even
          though I am very left dominent with most everything else I do.</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">Greg Lemon</div>
        <div dir="auto">TR250</div>
        <div dir="auto">Greg Lemon<br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">TR250</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Jan 31, 2020, 6:56 PM
          Patrick Baize &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <p>I never took typing in school. Later I tried to use
              "Mavis Beaves teaches typing", didn't work. I have been
              writing software for over 30 years, I use 3 fingers, 1 on
              left hand, 2 on the right.  <br>
            </p>
            <p>Patrick</p>
            <p><br>
            </p>
            <div>On 1/31/2020 6:27 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div style="color:black;font:12pt
                Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
                <div> <font size="3">I never took a typing class, I am
                    self taught.  I remember staying up all night typing
                    a report for class in highschool.  When I started
                    working there was no need for an engineer to type. 
                    Enter the desk-top computer  Now I spend most of my
                    time staring at a screen typing on a keyboard. 
                    Who'd a thunk?</font><br>
                </div>
                <div> <br>
                </div>
                <div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
                  <br>
                </div>
                <div> <br>
                </div>
                <div> <br>
                </div>
                <div
                  style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
                  Message-----<br>
                  From: jpaynepbr <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                  To: 'TeriAnn J. Wakeman' <a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                    rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
                  triumphs <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                  Sent: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 9:07 pm<br>
                  Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired<br>
                  <br>
                  <div dir="ltr">In 1990, when I graduated HS, if you
                    were going to graduate and be "college bound", you
                    had to take a typing class.  It was Sr. year and it
                    was "Health" one semester, "Typing" the next or vice
                    versa.<br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    If you were "Vo-Tech" typing was an option, but
                    "Health" was still mandatory.  <br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    Same teacher taught both classes.  One of the most
                    bitter and angry people I have ever met.  <br
                      clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    The though of  "Health" class taught by an angry,
                    frigid, humorless 60 year old woman still makes me
                    wonder.  I guess if you had to manage the subject
                    matter with a bunch of teenagers, many of whom were
                    headed nowhere, after a few years, you would end up
                    like that too.<br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    Typing was one of the most valuable skills I ever
                    learned.  <br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    My kids all had typing classes in public schools in
                    1st and 2nd grade post 2010.  <br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    Time and technology change everything. <br
                      clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    I wish I could learn to type on a phone and manage
                    the "autocorrect", that would be something.<br
                      clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    -----Original Message-----<br clear="none">
                    From: Triumphs &lt;<a shape="rect" rel="noopener
                      noreferrer noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman<br clear="none">
                    Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:38 PM<br
                      clear="none">
                    To: <a shape="rect" rel="noopener noreferrer
                      noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                      clear="none">
                    Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired<br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    On 1/30/20 6:23 PM, Bud Rolofson wrote:<br
                      clear="none">
                    &gt; Exactly, I took typing in eighth grade because
                    there lots of girls in <br clear="none">
                    &gt; that class and I was a horny 13 yo.  But my 50
                    yo typing muscle memory <br clear="none">
                    &gt; will always space twice after a period. Canâ€™t
                    help it.<br clear="none">
                    &gt;<br clear="none">
                    &gt; Busted.<br clear="none">
                    &gt;<br clear="none">
                    &gt; Bud<br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    I didn't take typing in high school because I didn't
                    want to be pigeonholed as a secretary. In early
                    years I went in to interview for a technical
                    position with a degree in electronics &amp; almost
                    always was asked what my typing speed was. When I
                    mentioned about a page ever 2 hours or so, I got
                    interviewed for the job I was applying for. I knew a
                    woman with a Stanford masters in physics who in the
                    mid 60s worked as a tech group secretary.<br
                      clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    During college when I needed to submit typed papers,
                    I traded typing for either a homemade apple pie or a
                    ready to bake homemade lasagna. I single space
                    between sentences only on emails. That is because my
                    mailer produces strange characters when I double
                    space a sentence. The books I have authored are all
                    double spaced between sentences and my reviewers
                    have forced me to use oxford comas. They are not
                    used in technical papers.<br clear="none">
                    <br clear="none">
                    TeriAnn<br clear="none">
                    <br>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <fieldset></fieldset>
              <pre>** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
          ** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
          **<br>
          <br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
          <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------34DEE2E7543874CE8486E6F6--

--===============0098320763946434224==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0098320763946434224==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 10:51:18 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5374184038724754487==
 boundary="------------2F5BB12444F755CB97D77445"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------2F5BB12444F755CB97D77445
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Over the last 40 years I've authored millions of lines of code 
programming factory roboitcs, video, automated testing, even an 
co-authored a complete C.A.S.E. environment
for clean room testing hybrid micro circuits.

To this day if  5 fingers on b

On 2/1/2020 1:24 AM, Greg Lemon wrote:
>>     When I started working there was no need for an engineer to
>>     type.  Enter the desk-top computer  Now I spend most of my time
>>     staring at a screen typing on a keyboard.  Who'd a thunk?
>>
>>     Dave
>>
>>
>>
> [email-masked]  **
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------2F5BB12444F755CB97D77445
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <br>
    <div class="moz-forward-container">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p>typing in high school ancient mechanical typewriters......
        final exam end of the year ...teacher throws towels over
        everyone typewriter and hands!<br>
        I had two mistakes on the full page.... scored 76 word a minute.<br>
      </p>
      <p>Then never touched a typewriter or keyboard for 5 years. 
        Computers in the very late 70's and very early 80s, made me
        realize I'd lost all that typing skill.</p>
      <p>Over the last 40 years I've authored millions of lines of code
        programming factory roboitcs, video, automated testing, even an
        co-authored a complete C.A.S.E. environment<br>
        for clean room testing hybrid micro circuits.</p>
      <p>To this day if  5 fingers on b<br>
      </p>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/1/2020 1:24 AM, Greg Lemon
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAFtw3aYKw=MUoxzt7cj00mBU+jdr=Myb+gnVWtkjuVQFi=[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        <div dir="auto">Patrick,
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">I have you beat, have been writing as part of
            my job and hobbies for over 30 years.  I use four fingers. 
            If I don't think about it I realize sometimes I am doing it
            from muscle memory and not looking, if I start to think
            about it the magic goes away and I have to look.  Still make
            way too many mistakes.  Preparing papers for college with a
            typewriter was pretty painful, I tell the kids these
            stories, but they just roll their eyes.</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">I also go one finger at a time on my phone,
            can't do the two fingered thing like the kids. 
            Interestingly, I just noticed, I type with my right hand on
            my phone, even though I am very left dominent with most
            everything else I do.</div>
          <div dir="auto"><br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">Greg Lemon</div>
          <div dir="auto">TR250</div>
          <div dir="auto">Greg Lemon<br>
          </div>
          <div dir="auto">TR250</div>
        </div>
        <br>
        <div class="gmail_quote">
          <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Jan 31, 2020, 6:56
            PM Patrick Baize &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
          </div>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            <div>
              <p>I never took typing in school. Later I tried to use
                "Mavis Beaves teaches typing", didn't work. I have been
                writing software for over 30 years, I use 3 fingers, 1
                on left hand, 2 on the right.  <br>
              </p>
              <p>Patrick</p>
              <p><br>
              </p>
              <div>On 1/31/2020 6:27 AM, DAVID MASSEY wrote:<br>
              </div>
              <blockquote type="cite">
                <div style="color:black;font:12pt
                  Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
                  <div> <font size="3">I never took a typing class, I
                      am self taught.  I remember staying up all night
                      typing a report for class in highschool.  When I
                      started working there was no need for an engineer
                      to type.  Enter the desk-top computer  Now I spend
                      most of my time staring at a screen typing on a
                      keyboard.  Who'd a thunk?</font><br>
                  </div>
                  <div> <br>
                  </div>
                  <div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
                    <br>
                  </div>
                  <div> <br>
                  </div>
                  <div> <br>
                  </div>
                  <div
                    style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
                    Message-----<br>
                    From: jpaynepbr <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                    To: 'TeriAnn J. Wakeman' <a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                      rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
                    triumphs <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                    Sent: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 9:07 pm<br>
                    Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired<br>
                    <br>
                    <div dir="ltr">In 1990, when I graduated HS, if you
                      were going to graduate and be "college bound", you
                      had to take a typing class.  It was Sr. year and
                      it was "Health" one semester, "Typing" the next or
                      vice versa.<br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      If you were "Vo-Tech" typing was an option, but
                      "Health" was still mandatory.  <br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      Same teacher taught both classes.  One of the most
                      bitter and angry people I have ever met.  <br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      The though of  "Health" class taught by an angry,
                      frigid, humorless 60 year old woman still makes me
                      wonder.  I guess if you had to manage the subject
                      matter with a bunch of teenagers, many of whom
                      were headed nowhere, after a few years, you would
                      end up like that too.<br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      Typing was one of the most valuable skills I ever
                      learned.  <br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      My kids all had typing classes in public schools
                      in 1st and 2nd grade post 2010.  <br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      Time and technology change everything. <br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      I wish I could learn to type on a phone and manage
                      the "autocorrect", that would be something.<br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      -----Original Message-----<br clear="none">
                      From: Triumphs &lt;<a shape="rect" rel="noopener
                        noreferrer noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman<br clear="none">
                      Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:38 PM<br
                        clear="none">
                      To: <a shape="rect" rel="noopener noreferrer
                        noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                        clear="none">
                      Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired<br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      On 1/30/20 6:23 PM, Bud Rolofson wrote:<br
                        clear="none">
                      &gt; Exactly, I took typing in eighth grade
                      because there lots of girls in <br clear="none">
                      &gt; that class and I was a horny 13 yo.  But my
                      50 yo typing muscle memory <br clear="none">
                      &gt; will always space twice after a period.
                      Canâ€™t help it.<br clear="none">
                      &gt;<br clear="none">
                      &gt; Busted.<br clear="none">
                      &gt;<br clear="none">
                      &gt; Bud<br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      I didn't take typing in high school because I
                      didn't want to be pigeonholed as a secretary. In
                      early years I went in to interview for a technical
                      position with a degree in electronics &amp; almost
                      always was asked what my typing speed was. When I
                      mentioned about a page ever 2 hours or so, I got
                      interviewed for the job I was applying for. I knew
                      a woman with a Stanford masters in physics who in
                      the mid 60s worked as a tech group secretary.<br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      During college when I needed to submit typed
                      papers, I traded typing for either a homemade
                      apple pie or a ready to bake homemade lasagna. I
                      single space between sentences only on emails.
                      That is because my mailer produces strange
                      characters when I double space a sentence. The
                      books I have authored are all double spaced
                      between sentences and my reviewers have forced me
                      to use oxford comas. They are not used in
                      technical papers.<br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      TeriAnn<br clear="none">
                      <br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <br>
                <fieldset></fieldset>
                <pre>** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com" moz-do-not-send="true">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------2F5BB12444F755CB97D77445--

--===============5374184038724754487==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5374184038724754487==--