Subject: [TR] Tr3 and TR4 Gearbox part numbers and interchange

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 16:09:46 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8598064917897317331==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5E1BE.DAD9A470"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5E1BE.DAD9A470
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Does anybody have a link or guide to X-Ref. Triumph TR2-6 gearboxes for part
numbers and interchange?

Had mangled TR6 gearbox come into the shop last year and have 4 broken TR3
gearboxes (one with a very low TS number +/- 7000) the other 3 with numbers
ranging from TS40000 to TS 59000, and a finally a TR4 Gearbox with a CT
number.

The TR4 box and the Low TS number box are both overdrive.

All the boxes are pretty well mangled and incomplete, but I reckon between
the 6 of them, I may be able to get both of the Overdrive boxes and maybe
one of the other ones in working order.  

I know the basic obvious differences between them, but am curious as to what
parts are interchangeable between them and which ones aren't, particularly
as it relates to the gears, sliding hubs, mainshafts and shifter mechanisms.

Jonas

 

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5E1BE.DAD9A470
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal> Does anybody have a link or guide to X-Ref. Triumph =
TR2-6 gearboxes for part numbers and interchange?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Had mangled =
TR6 gearbox come into the shop last year and have 4 broken TR3 gearboxes =
(one with a very low TS number +/- 7000) the other 3 with numbers =
ranging from TS40000 to TS 59000, and a finally a TR4 Gearbox with a CT =
number.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The TR4 box and the Low TS number box are both =
overdrive.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All the boxes are pretty well mangled and incomplete, =
but I reckon between the 6 of them, I may be able to get both of the =
Overdrive boxes and maybe one of the other ones in working order.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I know the basic obvious differences between them, but =
am curious as to what parts are interchangeable between them and which =
ones aren&#8217;t, particularly as it relates to the gears, sliding =
hubs, mainshafts and shifter mechanisms.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jonas<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5E1BE.DAD9A470--

--===============8598064917897317331==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8598064917897317331==--