Subject: [TR] TR4 Hood Badge

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 11:07:56 -0500

Ordered a new enameled hood badge as the body shop had tried to bend it to
fit the holes and cracked the enamel.  The holes on my 62 TR4 hood are not
quite matching up with the aftermarket hood badges.  This one is from
England.  Any thoughts on fixing this before I experiment.  Badges ae too
expensive to try and bend the mounting tips.  I am thinking I need to shave
one of the holes on a top or bottom side to increase length between holes. I
know this may allow badge to shift after install, but what options are
there?  
Thanks
Jim Henningsen  
Ocala FL
61 TR3A
62 TR4
75 TR6
81 TR8

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:57:40 -0500

I bought a new one many years ago. It was the wrong color of blue and one pin was crooked. Didn’t fit and I was loathe to take a file to my freshly painted hood. Sent it back, put the original on and have been content with the patina. 

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]