Subject: [TR] Triumph Renown For Sale

From: "Bill Brewer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 15:52:54 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3287311852452896573==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_05AA_01D5ECBC.CFFDEF30"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_05AA_01D5ECBC.CFFDEF30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Everyone,

      I have to let 2 of my 4 British cars go. The first is my 1952 Triumph
Renown Saloon.

     Here is a youtube video I made yesterday.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmEkHD8RpE
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmEkHD8RpE&t=31s> &t=31s

     Here is the Craigslist posting:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/tehachapi-1952-triumph-renown-tr
3-tr4/7082477839.html

     The car is priced for a quick sale.

     The car has 46,785 original miles.

     The brakes were rebuilt top to bottom within the last 1000 miles or so.
Sleeved master cylinder, all new wheel cylinders. It uses MG TD brakes. The
fuel system is untouched and never a problem. Same with the cooling system.

     The current steering box has lots of play. I have a rebuilt steering
box (uninstalled)  that I sourced from a parts car in the UK. I had it
rebuilt by a pre-war steering specialist in England before he retired. The
TROC (Renown club) has written instructions on how to change out the
steering box as this is a common problem. I have a printed copy of the
instructions.

     The tires have about 2,000 miles on them.

     I've driven this car to work many times. It is about 34 miles each way.

     I have new rubber treads that go on the running boards.

     All electrical works.

     I got an overdrive transmission from a car being broken in England. It
might be the last one on the planet. Renowns were the first car to have a
Laycock de Normanville OD.

     I have an original temperature gauge. It is unobtanium.

     This car has one big problem. This is reflected in the price.  I have
started getting water in the oil and the block is getting pressurized,
blowing oil past the rear seal. It probably has a blown head gasket. If I
was going to keep the car, I would just go completely through the engine and
install the extra OD trans that comes with this car. If you can do a TR3 or
4 engine, this will all look familiar. The short block uses all TR3
mechanicals and the head parts & carburetor parts are available from
morgan-spares.com. I have a 1953 Morgan +4 and the Renown has the identical
engine.

     It's a good "dry" car.

     If the oil leak were fixed then you could just enjoy the car as is. It
was a good driver before the oil/water thing raised its head.

     -Bill Brewer

     661-303-7372

     [email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_05AA_01D5ECBC.CFFDEF30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi =
Everyone,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;I have to let 2 of my 4 British cars go. The first is my 1952 =
Triumph Renown Saloon.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Here is a youtube video I =
made yesterday.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DshmEkHD8RpE&amp;t=3D31s">https:=
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DshmEkHD8RpE&amp;t=3D31s</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Here is the Craigslist =
posting:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/tehachapi-1952-triump=
h-renown-tr3-tr4/7082477839.html">https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/c=
to/d/tehachapi-1952-triumph-renown-tr3-tr4/7082477839.html</a><o:p></o:p>=
</p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The car is priced for a quick =
sale.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;The =
car has 46,785 original miles.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The brakes were rebuilt =
top to bottom within the last 1000 miles or so. Sleeved master cylinder, =
all new wheel cylinders. It uses MG TD brakes. The fuel system is =
untouched and never a problem. Same with the cooling =
system.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
The current steering box has lots of play. I have a rebuilt steering box =
(uninstalled)&nbsp; that I sourced from a parts car in the UK. I had it =
rebuilt by a pre-war steering specialist in England before he retired. =
The TROC (Renown club) has written instructions on how to change out the =
steering box as this is a common problem. I have a printed copy of the =
instructions.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The tires have about 2,000 =
miles on them.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I&#8217;ve driven this car =
to work many times. It is about 34 miles each way.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have new rubber treads =
that go on the running boards.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All electrical =
works.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I =
got an overdrive transmission from a car being broken in England. It =
might be the last one on the planet. Renowns were the first car to have =
a Laycock de Normanville OD.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have an original =
temperature gauge. It is unobtanium.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This car has one big =
problem. This is reflected in the price.&nbsp; I have started getting =
water in the oil and the block is getting pressurized, blowing oil past =
the rear seal. It probably has a blown head gasket. If I was going to =
keep the car, I would just go completely through the engine and install =
the extra OD trans that comes with this car. If you can do a TR3 or 4 =
engine, this will all look familiar. The short block uses all TR3 =
mechanicals and the head parts &amp; carburetor parts are available from =
morgan-spares.com. I have a 1953 Morgan +4 and the Renown has the =
identical engine.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;It&#8217;s a good &#8220;dry&#8221; =
car.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If =
the oil leak were fixed then you could just enjoy the car as is. It was =
a good driver before the oil/water thing raised its =
head.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -Bill =
Brewer<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
661-303-7372<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o=
:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_05AA_01D5ECBC.CFFDEF30--

--===============3287311852452896573==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3287311852452896573==--