Subject: Re: [TR] TR2 fuel gauge

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 13:38:30 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1523850210468109178==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01D5D517.160A5E40"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D5D517.160A5E40
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0016_01D5D517.160A5E40"

------=_NextPart_001_0016_01D5D517.160A5E40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I lived for several years with a funky fuel gauge on my TR3A. Last summer I
reviewed my wire loom and found that I had not directly connected the sender
unit to chassis ground (my TR is wired as negative ground). My dedicated
ground wire from sender to dashboard gauge was NOT sufficient. Once I had
completed my "redundant" grounding the calibration was straightforward and
stable via the MGB reference. The gauge works perfectly now and tracks my
calibrated dipstick. What a joy to motor with a functioning fuel gauge.

------=_NextPart_001_0016_01D5D517.160A5E40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I lived for several years with a funky fuel gauge on =
my TR3A. Last summer I reviewed my wire loom and found that I had not =
directly connected the sender unit to chassis ground (my TR is wired as =
negative ground). My dedicated ground wire from sender to dashboard =
gauge was NOT sufficient. Once I had completed my =
&#8220;redundant&#8221; grounding the calibration was straightforward =
and stable via the MGB reference. The gauge works perfectly now and =
tracks my calibrated dipstick. What a joy to motor with a functioning =
fuel gauge.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><img width=3D572 height=3D92 =
style=3D'width:5.9583in;height:.9583in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0016_01D5D517.160A5E40--

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D5D517.160A5E40
	name="image002.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D5D517.160A5E40--

--===============1523850210468109178==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1523850210468109178==--