Subject: [TR] Front Crank seal

From: Jim Vass <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 15:17:01 +1300

--===============0406111112674098876==

--000000000000b25b7f059913c26f

Thankyou for the replies.
Just taken the cover yet again, the seal was not sitting hard up against
the timing chain cover on one side and being steel jacketed it was rubbing
against the oil deflector.
Now there's a noticeable groove in the deflector and on closer look the
seal hadn't been installed squarely.
I'll order another seal and gasket, 4th time lucky.
Jims 1962 TR4

--000000000000b25b7f059913c26f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Thankyou for the replies.<div>Just taken the cover yet aga=
in, the seal was not sitting hard up against the timing chain cover on one =
side and being steel jacketed it was rubbing against the oil deflector.</di=
v><div>Now there&#39;s a noticeable groove in the deflector and on closer l=
ook the seal hadn&#39;t been installed squarely.</div><div>I&#39;ll order a=
nother seal and gasket, 4th time lucky.</div><div>Jims 1962 TR4</div></div>

--000000000000b25b7f059913c26f--

--===============0406111112674098876==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0406111112674098876==--