Subject: Re: [TR] LED Dash lights

From: JOHN BARRON <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 19:43:14 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3535374_672647952.1570563794866
	boundary="----=_Part_3535371_797197903.1570563794793"

------=_Part_3535371_797197903.1570563794793
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I changed out mine but center panel the tall ones would not work. John
JB59TR3=C2=A0

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android=20
=20
  On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 2:21 PM, David Friedlander<[email-masked]> wro=
te:   Hey all;
I note the lights on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no duh). Has=C2=A0anyone u=
sed either the standard height or short LED's for your=C2=A0dash lighting, =
as sold by Moss?=C2=A0(BTW, yes, my car is negative ground).
https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs=C2=A0
Any feedback/insights/advice would be much appreciated...
Dave=C2=A0
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]
 =20

------=_Part_3535371_797197903.1570563794793
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I changed out mine but center panel the tall ones would not work. John<div =
class=3D"yahoo-compose-assist-image-card ymail-android-inline-img-container=
 ymail-card" contenteditable=3D"false"><img id=3D"ymail_attachmentId31850" =
class=3D"inline-image-global inlined-image-cid-e28d6c57-849c-437a-b706-9e24=
b76a181a" src=3D"cid:e28d6c57-849c-437a-b706-9e24b76a181a" style=3D"width:1=
00%;max-width:800px;"><br></div>JB59TR3&nbsp;<div id=3D"yMail_cursorElement=
Tracker_1570563755872"><br><br><div id=3D"ymail_android_signature"><a id=3D=
"ymail_android_signature_link" href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=
=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&=
amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&amp;af_s=
ub3=3DEmailSignature">Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android</a></div> <br> <block=
quote style=3D"margin: 0 0 20px 0;"> <div style=3D"font-family:Roboto, sans=
-serif; color:#6D00F6;"> <div>On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 2:21 PM, David Friedla=
nder</div><div>&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div> </div> <div style=3D=
"padding: 10px 0 0 20px; margin: 10px 0 0 0; border-left: 1px solid #6D00F6=
;"> <div id=3D"yiv5098140610"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"yiv5098140610g=
mail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:larg=
e;color:#000099;">Hey all;</div><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" s=
tyle=3D"font-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099=
;"><br></div><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=3D"font-family=
:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099;">I note the light=
s on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no duh). Has&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"yiv5=
098140610gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font=
-size:large;color:#000099;">anyone used either the standard height or short=
 LED's for your&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=
=3D"font-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099;">d=
ash lighting, as sold by Moss?&nbsp;

(BTW, yes, my car is negative ground).

</div><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic =
sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099;"><br></div><div class=3D=
"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif=
;font-size:large;color:#000099;"><a rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" href=
=3D"https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs">https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-=
bulbs</a>&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=3D"fon=
t-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099;"><br></di=
v><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans=
 ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099;">Any feedback/insights/advic=
e would be <b>much </b>appreciated...</div><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail=
_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;co=
lor:#000099;"></div><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=3D"font=
-family:comic sans ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099;"><br></div=
><div class=3D"yiv5098140610gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans =
ms, sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099;">Dave&nbsp;<br></div></div></=
div>** <a ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:triumph=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"=
te.html</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs "=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs </a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</=
a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/triumphs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br> </div> </bloc=
kquote></div>
------=_Part_3535371_797197903.1570563794793--

------=_Part_3535374_672647952.1570563794866
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Untitled"
Content-ID: <1570fcad-e14d-49fa-adde-f7c7b8805cab>

KiogdHJpdW1waHNAYXV0b3gudGVhbS5uZXQgKioKCkRvbmF0ZTogaHR0cDovL3d3dy50ZWFtLm5l
dC9kb25hdGUuaHRtbApBcmNoaXZlOiBodHRwOi8vd3d3LnRlYW0ubmV0L3BpcGVybWFpbC90cml1
bXBocyAgaHR0cDovL3d3dy50ZWFtLm5ldC9hcmNoaXZlCgpVbnN1YnNjcmliZS9NYW5hZ2U6IGh0
dHA6Ly9hdXRveC50ZWFtLm5ldC9tYWlsbWFuL29wdGlvbnMvdHJpdW1waHMvam9obm1pZGFzMTA3
MTdAeWFob28uY29tCg==

------=_Part_3535374_672647952.1570563794866
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="20190306_122320.jpg"
Content-ID: <e28d6c57-849c-437a-b706-9e24b76a181a>
Content-Length: 3060492

------=_Part_3535374_672647952.1570563794866
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_Part_3535374_672647952.1570563794866--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 12:58:06 -0700

My experience has been that cleaning everything, painting the inside of the
gauge housings and replacing the side windows in the small gauges; plus new
original type bulbs made a huge difference.  Plenty bright enough for me
(and I don't particularly like looking at LEDs).  

Bulb output always goes down with time (even with LEDs), but modern bulbs
usually burn out before they get too dim.  Not so the old Lucas bulbs, I've
seen them still "work" when they were almost too dim to see!  Sometimes the
glass is shiny black from all the metal evaporated from the filament and
deposited on the inside of the glass.

But if you want to go the LED route, there is some good information here:
https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr2-and-tr3-forum.6/changeover-to-led-light
s.1649452.1653188/#msg-1653188

-- Randall 
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild 

> I note the lights on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no duh). Has 
> anyone used either the standard height or short LED's for 
> your dash lighting, as sold by Moss?  (BTW, yes, my car is 
> negative ground). 
> 
> https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs 
> 
> Dave

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 16:29:59 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------522868E5377570FE42AEF8C5
 boundary="------------09976F23A9BAA125AE77309A"

--------------09976F23A9BAA125AE77309A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

that price is nuts!!???? buy directly from sencart.com?????? Look for Lionel 
E10 bulbs???? (screw base)?? dig around for bayonet bases

the last time I bought bulbs, it was something like $2.69 for two 
bulbs!???? just checked...price is up to a whopping?? $2.99 for two bulbs

Even big honking 30 '5050' style led 1157 assy's are only <$6.50?? I've 
had mine in all my LBCs for nearly?? 10 years now without one ever dieing

I bought red, green, blue and white, all at once.?? green in my Spit 
gauges, white under the dash (foot well, boot etc) red im my MGB (sorry) 
 ?? the rest just to play with

hopefully this pic comes through.... all colors lit up compared to a 
stock bulb

led light comparison

nfi...just a happy customer that I stumbled on this source for LED bulbs 
of all types.

ptegler

On 10/8/2019 3:19 PM, David Friedlander wrote:
> Hey all;
> anyone used either the standard height or short LED's for your
> dash lighting, as sold by Moss? (BTW, yes, my car is negative ground).
>
> Any feedback/insights/advice would be *much *appreciated...
>
> Dave
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Paul Tegler
[email-masked]  www.teglerizer.com

--------------09976F23A9BAA125AE77309A
 boundary="------------8A7C7F316FCE914A476FBA8D"

--------------8A7C7F316FCE914A476FBA8D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>that price is nuts!!???? buy directly from sencart.com?????? Look for
      Lionel E10 bulbs???? (screw base)?? dig around for bayonet bases<br>
    </p>
    <p>the last time I bought bulbs, it was something like $2.69 for two
      bulbs!???? just checked...price is up to a whopping?? $2.99 for two
      bulbs</p>
    <p>Even big honking 30 '5050' style led 1157 assy's are only
      &lt;$6.50?? I've had mine in all my LBCs for nearly?? 10 years now
      without one ever dieing<br>
    </p>
    <p>I bought red, green, blue and white, all at once.?? green in my
      Spit gauges, white under the dash (foot well, boot etc) red im my
      MGB (sorry) ?? the rest just to play with</p>
    <p>hopefully this pic comes through.... all colors lit up compared
      to a stock bulb</p>
    <p><img moz-do-not-send="false"
        src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="led light
        comparison" width="571" height="306"></p>
    <p>nfi...just a happy customer that I stumbled on this source for
      LED bulbs of all types.<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/8/2019 3:19 PM, David Friedlander
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">Hey all;</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">I note the lights
          on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no duh). Has??</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">anyone used
          either the standard height or short LED's for your??</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">dash lighting, as
          sold by Moss???
          (BTW, yes, my car is negative ground).
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099"><a
            href="https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs"
            moz-do-not-send="true">https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs</a>??</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">Any
          feedback/insights/advice would be <b>much </b>appreciated...</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">Dave??<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------8A7C7F316FCE914A476FBA8D
 name="cropped.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="cropped.jpg"

--------------8A7C7F316FCE914A476FBA8D--

--------------09976F23A9BAA125AE77309A--

--------------522868E5377570FE42AEF8C5
 name="cropped.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="cropped.jpg"

--------------522868E5377570FE42AEF8C5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--------------522868E5377570FE42AEF8C5--

---

From: David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 16:37:44 -0400

--===============2456873602380949252==

--000000000000750bad05946c25d6

--000000000000750bac05946c25d5

That's great, Paul, thanks!! I'll check it out. Any bulb height issues?

I'll bet you have a good time lighting your Christmas tree!!!  :- )

Dave

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM Paul Tegler <[email-masked]> wrote:

> that price is nuts!!???? buy directly from sencart.com?????? Look for
> Lionel E10 bulbs???? (screw base)?? dig around for bayonet bases
>
> gauges, white under the dash (foot well, boot etc) red im my MGB (sorry) ??
> the rest just to play with
>
> hopefully this pic comes through.... all colors lit up compared to a stock
> bulb
>
>
> I note the lights on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no duh). Has??
> anyone used either the standard height or short LED's for your??
> dash lighting, as sold by Moss??? (BTW, yes, my car is negative ground).
>
> https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs??
>
> Dave??
> Paul [email-masked]  www.teglerizer.com
>
>

--000000000000750bac05946c25d5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sa=
ns ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">That&#39;s great, Paul, tha=
nks!! I&#39;ll check it out. Any bulb height issues?</div><div class=3D"gma=
il_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;c=
olor:#000099"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:c=
omic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">I&#39;ll bet you hav=
e a good time lighting your Christmas tree!!!=C2=A0 :- )<br><br>Dave</div><=
/div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">O=
n Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM Paul Tegler &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ptegler@ver=
izon.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(20=
4,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF">
    <p>that price is nuts!!???? buy directly from <a href=3D"http://sencart=
.com????" target=3D"_blank">sencart.com????</a>?? Look for
      Lionel E10 bulbs???? (screw base)?? dig around for bayonet bases<br>
    </p>
    <p>the last time I bought bulbs, it was something like $2.69 for two
      bulbs!???? just checked...price is up to a whopping?? $2.99 for two
      bulbs</p>
    <p>Even big honking 30 &#39;5050&#39; style led 1157 assy&#39;s are onl=
y
      &lt;$6.50?? I&#39;ve had mine in all my LBCs for nearly?? 10 years no=
w
      without one ever dieing<br>
    </p>
    <p>I bought red, green, blue and white, all at once.?? green in my
      Spit gauges, white under the dash (foot well, boot etc) red im my
      MGB (sorry) ?? the rest just to play with</p>
    <p>hopefully this pic comes through.... all colors lit up compared
      to a stock bulb</p>
    <p><img src=3D"cid:16dad16b2c0f00059f21" alt=3D"led light
        comparison" width=3D"571" height=3D"306"></p>
    <p>nfi...just a happy customer that I stumbled on this source for
      LED bulbs of all types.<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div>On 10/8/2019 3:19 PM, David Friedlander
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Hey all;</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">I note the lights
          on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no duh). Has??</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">anyone used
          either the standard height or short LED&#39;s for your??</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">dash lighting, as
          sold by Moss???
          (BTW, yes, my car is negative ground).
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><a href=3D"https://=
mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs" target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/led=
-dash-bulbs</a>??</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Any
          feedback/insights/advice would be <b>much </b>appreciated...</div=
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Dave??<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">=
[email-masked]</a> **

//www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target=3D"_blan=
k">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

hs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre cols=3D"72">--=20
Paul Tegler
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
t</a>  <a href=3D"http://www.teglerizer.com" target=3D"_blank">www.tegleriz=
er.com</a></pre>
  </div>

</blockquote></div>

--000000000000750bac05946c25d5--

--000000000000750bad05946c25d6
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="cropped.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <16dad16b2c0f00059f21>

--000000000000750bad05946c25d6--

--===============2456873602380949252==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2456873602380949252==--

---

From: Paul Tegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 16:46:36 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0598171024616477090==
 boundary="------------A04C46F6D62A7525E638D099"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------A04C46F6D62A7525E638D099
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The Spit gauge (speedo) has a little green plastic dome just inside the 
gauge at the base of where the split collar holde the bulb socket

I might not jam them in quite as far as the incandescent but never an 
issue (so far)?? the leds are the same size as the moss units linked.

only the link I sent uses the brighter single 5050 size leds

ptegler

On 10/8/2019 4:37 PM, David Friedlander wrote:
> I'll bet you have a good time lighting your Christmas tree!!!?? :- )
>
> Dave
>
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM Paul Tegler <[email-masked] 
>
>     that price is nuts!!???? buy directly from sencart.com????
>     <http://sencart.com????>?? Look for Lionel E10 bulbs???? (screw
>     base)?? dig around for bayonet bases
>
>     Even big honking 30 '5050' style led 1157 assy's are only <$6.50??
>     I've had mine in all my LBCs for nearly?? 10 years now without one
>     ever dieing
>
>     I bought red, green, blue and white, all at once.?? green in my
>     MGB (sorry) ?? the rest just to play with
>
>     hopefully this pic comes through.... all colors lit up compared to
>     a stock bulb
>
>     led light comparison
>
>     nfi...just a happy customer that I stumbled on this source for LED
>     bulbs of all types.
>
>
>     ptegler
>
>
>
>>     Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>     Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive
>>
>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
>     -- 
>     Paul Tegler
>

--------------A04C46F6D62A7525E638D099
 boundary="------------44E8614396F9B3EA2096EC02"

--------------44E8614396F9B3EA2096EC02
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>The Spit gauge (speedo) has a little green plastic dome just
      inside the gauge at the base of where the split collar holde the
      bulb socket</p>
    <p>I might not jam them in quite as far as the incandescent but
      never an issue (so far)?? the leds are the same size as the moss
      units linked.</p>
    <p>only the link I sent uses the brighter single 5050 size leds</p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/8/2019 4:37 PM, David Friedlander
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAJ1eQwj8XGRjWQtXT=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">That's great,
          Paul, thanks!! I'll check it out. Any bulb height issues?</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">I'll bet you have
          a good time lighting your Christmas tree!!!?? :- )<br>
          <br>
          Dave</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM
          Paul Tegler &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
            <p>that price is nuts!!???? buy directly from <a
                href="http://sencart.com????" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">sencart.com????</a>?? Look for
              Lionel E10 bulbs???? (screw base)?? dig around for bayonet
              bases<br>
            </p>
            <p>the last time I bought bulbs, it was something like $2.69
              for two bulbs!???? just checked...price is up to a
              whopping?? $2.99 for two bulbs</p>
            <p>Even big honking 30 '5050' style led 1157 assy's are only
              &lt;$6.50?? I've had mine in all my LBCs for nearly?? 10
              years now without one ever dieing<br>
            </p>
            <p>I bought red, green, blue and white, all at once.?? green
              in my Spit gauges, white under the dash (foot well, boot
              etc) red im my MGB (sorry) ?? the rest just to play with</p>
            <p>hopefully this pic comes through.... all colors lit up
              compared to a stock bulb</p>
            <p><img src="cid:[email-masked]"
                alt="led light comparison" class="" width="571"
                height="306"></p>
            <p>nfi...just a happy customer that I stumbled on this
              source for LED bulbs of all types.<br>
            </p>
            <p><br>
            </p>
            <p>ptegler<br>
            </p>
            <br>
            <p><br>
            </p>
            <div>On 10/8/2019 3:19 PM, David Friedlander wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Hey
                  all;</div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">I
                  note the lights on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no
                  duh). Has??</div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">anyone
                  used either the standard height or short LED's for
                  your??</div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">dash
                  lighting, as sold by Moss??? (BTW, yes, my car is
                  negative ground). </div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><a
                    href="https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs</a>??</div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Any
                  feedback/insights/advice would be <b>much </b>appreciated...</div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default"
                  style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                  ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Dave??<br>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <fieldset></fieldset>
              <pre>** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
            </blockquote>
            <pre cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>  <a href="http://www.teglerizer.com" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Paul Tegler
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------44E8614396F9B3EA2096EC02
 name="cropped.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="cropped.jpg"

--------------44E8614396F9B3EA2096EC02--

--------------A04C46F6D62A7525E638D099--

--===============0598171024616477090==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0598171024616477090==--

---

From: Greg Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:43:39 -0500

--===============1302635108649528394==

--00000000000010a1e605946de7da

--00000000000010a1e505946de7d9

Agree with Dave, if you Google E10 screw base led you will get all kinds of
options.  I used a different company, make sure you get one with a smaller
head or bulb part that is omnidirectional to spread the light like a
regular incandescent does.

I don't drive my TR at night that much, but when I do I really like the
extra light on the instruments, bright light instead of the warm glow of
Lucas lamps though.

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019, 3:49 PM David Friedlander <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--00000000000010a1e505946de7d9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Agree with Dave, if you Google E10 screw base led you wil=
l get all kinds of options.=C2=A0 I used a different company, make sure you=
 get one with a smaller head or bulb part that is omnidirectional to spread=
 the light like a regular incandescent does.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><di=
v dir=3D"auto">I don&#39;t drive my TR at night that much, but when I do I =
really like the extra light on the instruments, bright light instead of the=
 warm glow of Lucas lamps though.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"auto">Greg Lemon</div><div dir=3D"auto">TR250</div></div><br><div class=
=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Oct 8, 2019,=
 3:49 PM David Friedlander &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">forzio=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" styl=
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div di=
r=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,s=
ans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">That&#39;s great, Paul, thanks!! I=
&#39;ll check it out. Any bulb height issues?</div><div class=3D"gmail_defa=
ult" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#0=
00099"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sa=
ns ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">I&#39;ll bet you have a goo=
d time lighting your Christmas tree!!!=C2=A0 :- )<br><br>Dave</div></div><b=
r><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, =
Oct 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM Paul Tegler &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<=
br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8e=
x;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF">
    <p>that price is nuts!!???? buy directly from <a href=3D"http://sencart=
.com????" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">sencart.com????</a>?? Look f=
or
      Lionel E10 bulbs???? (screw base)?? dig around for bayonet bases<br>
    </p>
    <p>the last time I bought bulbs, it was something like $2.69 for two
      bulbs!???? just checked...price is up to a whopping?? $2.99 for two
      bulbs</p>
    <p>Even big honking 30 &#39;5050&#39; style led 1157 assy&#39;s are onl=
y
      &lt;$6.50?? I&#39;ve had mine in all my LBCs for nearly?? 10 years no=
w
      without one ever dieing<br>
    </p>
    <p>I bought red, green, blue and white, all at once.?? green in my
      Spit gauges, white under the dash (foot well, boot etc) red im my
      MGB (sorry) ?? the rest just to play with</p>
    <p>hopefully this pic comes through.... all colors lit up compared
      to a stock bulb</p>
    <p><img src=3D"cid:16dad16b2c0f00059f21" alt=3D"led light
        comparison" width=3D"571" height=3D"306"></p>
    <p>nfi...just a happy customer that I stumbled on this source for
      LED bulbs of all types.<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>ptegler<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div>On 10/8/2019 3:19 PM, David Friedlander
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Hey all;</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">I note the lights
          on my TR3 dash are pretty dim (no duh). Has??</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">anyone used
          either the standard height or short LED&#39;s for your??</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">dash lighting, as
          sold by Moss???
          (BTW, yes, my car is negative ground).
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><a href=3D"https://=
mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">https:/=
/mossmotors.com/led-dash-bulbs</a>??</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Any
          feedback/insights/advice would be <b>much </b>appreciated...</div=
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:&quot;comic sans =
ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Dave??<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a> **

=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" target=3D"_blan=
k" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href=
=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http:=
//www.team.net/archive</a>

hs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre cols=3D"72">--=20
Paul Tegler
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer"=
>[email-masked]</a>  <a href=3D"http://www.teglerizer.com" target=3D"_=
blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">www.teglerizer.com</a></pre>
  </div>

</blockquote></div>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=
=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000010a1e505946de7d9--

--00000000000010a1e605946de7da
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="cropped.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <16dad16b2c0f00059f21>

--00000000000010a1e605946de7da--

--===============1302635108649528394==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1302635108649528394==--

---

From: Rochlin Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 19:14:18 -0400

I’ve got a set of green tinted LED E10 bulbs that I had in my TR6.  The only place they Won’t work well is in the Speedo/tach where you need to cut out the plastic domes inside the light inserts to get them to seat fully. I’d be willing to let them go for the price of postage.
	Best,
	Bob

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 3:58 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]