Subject: [TR] Hole in the side of 2 tappets

From: Paul Dorsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 09:39:20 -0400

--===============5737113037793205210==

--000000000000066ea00592979ed9

I had a chance this afternoon with my engine head off to take my solid
tappets out of my TR3 engine.  To my bewilderment two of the eight solid
lifters had holes in them, both holes were about 1/8" or larger, and it
looked as if they were drilled into the tappet at an angle and they were in
the side of the lifter and about 1/2" from the bottom; I took a picture of
one of them and I will try and post it, ISTR that this list maynot allow
pictures?  The picture must have failed.

I quess they need replacing?  What causes this?

Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--000000000000066ea00592979ed9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I had a chance this afternoon with my engine head off to t=
ake my solid tappets out of my TR3 engine.=C2=A0 To my bewilderment two of =
the eight solid lifters had holes in them, both holes were about 1/8&quot; =
or larger, and it looked as if they were drilled into the tappet at an angl=
e and they were in the side of the lifter and about 1/2&quot; from the bott=
om; I took a picture of one of them and I will try and post it, ISTR that t=
his list maynot allow pictures?=C2=A0 The picture must have failed.<br><br>=
I quess they need replacing?=C2=A0 What causes this?<br><div><br></div><div=
>Paul Dorsey=C2=A0 60 TR3</div></div>

--000000000000066ea00592979ed9--

--===============5737113037793205210==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5737113037793205210==--