Subject: [TR] TR4A - Need Advice on Road Springs

From: "G.D. Huggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 21:45:35 -0500

All,

After almost eight years of driving bliss, with just under 18K miles, it's time to replace what I suspect are the original road springs.
The car has gotten way too bouncy, especially in the rear.  Take a curve on a rough road, and it rear steers something awful. losing its contact with the road, as if the spring is not forcing the wheel back down quickly enough.
As far as shocks go, I’ve got Spax adjustable up front, and just ordered some heavy duty Armstrongs from Apple Hydraulics for the rear.

I’ve gotten into some research, and everything seems to be pointing toward three grades of stiffness; original, uprated and competition.
I am leaning toward the “uprated” variety to stiffen the ride, but I want to keep stock height to not effect wheel camber.

Any experienced-based suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO

Online project diary at http://www.genfiniti.com/triumph

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]