Subject: Re: [TR] MGA

From: Andrew S Mace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 18:27:00 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0124277608785182724==
	boundary="----=_Part_2154246_1112649432.1563301620313"

------=_Part_2154246_1112649432.1563301620313
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I honestly don't see how an Amphicar can go fast enough to keep you dry th=
rough a thunderstorm. On the other hand, check current prices on Amphicars =
v. TR3s; the difference will buy you a very nice clothes dryer...and a fair=
 portion of a nice tidy little bungalow to keep it in! So...who really won?=
 ;)
=20
--Andy
Andrew Mace
[email-masked]=20

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:55:08 -0500
From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Many many years ago, I took a road trip in my TR3A, along with a buddy in a=
n MGA.=C2=A0 I don?t think either of us even owned a top; let alone had roo=
m for it along with the suitcases and so on.

Driving down US 1 on the east coast, we saw a huge thunderstorm heading our=
 way.=C2=A0 I apologized to my friend, then floored the TR and like the old=
 song, wound it up to 110, knowing his MG wouldn?t top 85 on a good day (ma=
ybe downhill with a tail wind).=C2=A0 I stayed dry, guess who got soaked!

We?re still good friends after all these years, but he gave up on the MG an=
d bought an Amphicar instead.=20

------=_Part_2154246_1112649432.1563301620313
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">I honestly don't see how an Amphicar can go fast enough to keep you dry through a thunderstorm. On the other hand, check current prices on Amphicars v. TR3s; the difference will buy you a very nice clothes dryer...and a fair portion of a nice tidy little bungalow to keep it in! So...who really won? ;)</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both">
<div>--Andy<br>
</div>
Andrew Mace<br>
[email-masked]</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><br>

<div dir="ltr">Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:55:08 -0500<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">From: Randall &lt;<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noopener noreferrer" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</div>
<br>

<div dir="ltr">Many many years ago, I took a road trip in my TR3A, along with a buddy in an MGA.&nbsp; I don?t think either of us even owned a top; let alone had room for it along with the suitcases and so on.<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Driving down US 1 on the east coast, we saw a huge thunderstorm heading our way.&nbsp; I apologized to my friend, then floored the TR and like the old song, wound it up to 110, knowing his MG wouldn?t top 85 on a good day (maybe downhill with a tail wind).&nbsp; I stayed dry, guess who got soaked!<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">We?re still good friends after all these years, but he gave up on the MG and bought an Amphicar instead. <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

------=_Part_2154246_1112649432.1563301620313--

--===============0124277608785182724==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0124277608785182724==--