Subject: [TR] Sleepless in Ocala

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:01:00 -0400

List:
I have spent many an hour and part trying to track down my running issue on
the 60 TR3A.  Car starts up fine with cold start.  Runs for about a minute
and stalls out.  Float bowls are both near empty.  Switched fuel pumps and
fuel lines, new clear filter near carb, new needle and seats on both carbs.
Still happens.  After it stalls, I can manually prime fuel with handle on
fuel pump and it fills both bowls up with fuel without a problem.  Start her
up and runs for a minute until gas gone.  Lift off fuel bowl tops and floats
at bottom with no gas.  Both float needles are down when I lift off fuel
bowl tops which would allow gas in.  I cleaned and checked all fuel lines,
passageways in fuel bowl tops, etc.  I have plenty of fuel in the fuel pump
bowl so don't think there is problem getting gas to pump.  

Why is it not allowing gas in the fuel bowls when running?  The pump allows
it in when not running?  

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL
60 TR3A
61 TR3A
62 TR4
75 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive