Subject: [TR] Fuel pump oops

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 09:53:31 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------D5C9D15263A6F4A53C232AED
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The discussion of electric fule pumps brought to mind a VTR convention 
some years ago, 2001? in Breckenridge, Colorado.  I attended with the 
Killer Spit.  The autocross was supposed to be held at a big parking 
lot, local high school I think, but something happened and it was held 
at one of the host hotel lots. Shucks, having a senior moment.  The guy 
behind Council of Motorsports Clubs, who was living in Colorado, and 
whose name just slipped my mind was responsible for the autocross.  Near 
the end I offered to let him take Killer around the course, he jumped at 
the chance.

So he goes roaring off, having a great time.  About 15 seconds into his 
run I thought "Did I turn on the fule pump?"  Seconds later, the car 
wheezes to a stop.  Yep, I forgot to tell him to turn on the fuel pump.  
He did get a chance to do a full run a bit later.  I felt pretty 
embarrassed.  I was actually a bit embarrassed about my performance, I 
hit a LOT of cones, something I didn't usually do.  I shrugged it off, 
thinking I just had a bad day.  It wasn't until the drive home that I 
got to thinking about it, and realized the the VTR meet was like the 
second event with the new wheels.  I went from 6" Keizers to 8".  The 
backspacing was the same, so the wheels stuck out 2 inches more on each 
side. So Killer was effectively 4 inches wider, and I had not yet 
adjusted to it.   So when I thought I was turning just a fraction of 
inch around a cone, I was actually closer than I thought so whack!

Still that was a fun event, and I think it may have been the last VTR 
annual convention I attended, ending my streak of 12 in a row.

I got to get back at it!

mjb.

ps:  Killer still loks like this.  Sigh.

--------------D5C9D15263A6F4A53C232AED
 name="20190531_152700.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="20190531_152700.jpg"

--------------D5C9D15263A6F4A53C232AED
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--------------D5C9D15263A6F4A53C232AED--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:35:29 -0600

On 7/13/19 9:53 AM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> at one of the host hotel lots. Shucks, having a senior moment.  The 
> guy behind Council of Motorsports Clubs, who was living in Colorado, 
> and whose name just slipped my mind was responsible for the 
> autocross.  Near the end I offered to let him take Killer around the 
> course, he jumped at the chance.

Tom Blanchard, that was his name.

mjb.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]