Subject: [TR] Sleepless in Ocala Update

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:50:03 -0400

List:
I checked the gas tank and no pressure when opening tank.  I did determine
after testing the fuel pump by cranking engine and putting fuel inlet line
near carb into a catch can that the mechanical lever is not pumping any
fuel.  Hand lever still does.  I removed the pump, inspected the lever and
tested it manually off car and it does pull gas out.  Reinstalled and
believe it is correct installation and hooked it back up.  Crank engine and
no fuel being pumped into can.  The pump is a good quality repro but maybe
something wrong with lever.  Our club member mechanical expert thought it
might be a cam lobe issue.  I don't have a spare electric fuel pump to
quickly hook u p but sure that would fix it.  I would prefer to use a stock
pump though.  

Going to order a pump rebuild kit for a spare original AC pump that I have
and see if that works.  Stay tuned.

Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive