Subject: [TR] MGA

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:05:37 -0400 (EDT)

--===============4610624825154043479==
	boundary="----=_Part_920304_1679912738.1563231938102"

------=_Part_920304_1679912738.1563231938102
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Just curious.  Looking at Craigslist cars, I'm seeing MGA's going for more than comparable TR3's.  Maybe it's just in NH, but it does seem strange that such an underpowered car as the MGA (what, 68 hp?), "triumphs" in price over TR3's (at what, 100 hp?).  Plus the TR3 has bug-eyes and more muscular swooping lines like a cheetah. 

Not to belittle the MGA.  It's a cool car.  But TR's keep up with modern traffick, and then some. 

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire

------=_Part_920304_1679912738.1563231938102
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
    <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
</head><body><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans=
-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">Just curious.&#160; Looking at Craigslist =
cars, I&#39;m seeing MGA&#39;s going for more than comparable TR3&#39;s.&#1=
60; Maybe it&#39;s just in NH, but it does seem strange that such an underp=
owered car as the MGA (what, 68 hp?), &#34;triumphs&#34; in price over TR3&=
#39;s (at what, 100 hp?).&#160; Plus the TR3 has bug-eyes and more muscular=
 swooping lines like a cheetah.&#160; <br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"><br></p><=
p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color:=
 rgb(51, 51, 51);">Not to belittle the MGA.&#160; It&#39;s a cool car.&#160=
; But TR&#39;s keep up with modern traffick, and then some.&#160; <br></p><=
p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color:=
 rgb(51, 51, 51);"><br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvet=
ica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">Terry Smith, &#39;59 TR3A<br=
></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; =
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">New Hampshire<br></p></body></html>
=20
------=_Part_920304_1679912738.1563231938102--

--===============4610624825154043479==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4610624825154043479==--