Subject: [TR] Spal Fan Installation

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 12:08:18 -0400 (EDT)

--===============7657703040514829562==
	boundary="----=_Part_1035798_583583900.1563638898582"

------=_Part_1035798_583583900.1563638898582
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'm still researching this but thought I'd ask anyway.  I've a Spal pusher fan with a thermostat from years ago I never installed.  Deciding to install it because the 3 is running fine at thermostat temp on the road, but shortly after I shut down in this heat it barely starts again and runs rough until the float bowls clear. Letting the fan run after shut down ought to help keep the float bowls from overheating. 

Awhile ago I installed SunPro electric temp guage and sending unit.  So question.  Can you use the same temp gauge sending unit as the temp sensor for the fan also?  The temp gauge sensor uses some sort of resistance affected by heat, I suppose, but whether the fan reads it the same as the gauge is puzzling.

Thanks, everyone (again!)

Terry Smith  '59 TR3A

New Hampshire

------=_Part_1035798_583583900.1563638898582
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
    <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
</head><body><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans=
-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">I&#39;m still researching this but thought=
 I&#39;d ask anyway.&#160; I&#39;ve a Spal pusher fan with a thermostat fro=
m years ago I never installed.&#160; Deciding to install it because the 3 i=
s running fine at thermostat temp on the road, but shortly after I shut dow=
n in this heat it barely starts again and runs rough until the float bowls =
clear. Letting the fan run after shut down ought to help keep the float bow=
ls from overheating.&#160; <br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family=
: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"><br></p><p style=3D"=
font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51=
, 51);">Awhile ago I installed SunPro electric temp guage and sending unit.=
&#160; So question.&#160; Can you use the same temp gauge sending unit as t=
he temp sensor for the fan also?&#160; The temp gauge sensor uses some sort=
 of resistance affected by heat, I suppose, but whether the fan reads it th=
e same as the gauge is puzzling.<br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-f=
amily: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"><br></p><p styl=
e=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(5=
1, 51, 51);">Thanks, everyone (again!)<br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">Terry Smi=
th&#160; &#39;59 TR3A<br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helv=
etica,arial,sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">New Hampshire<br></p></bod=
y></html>
=20
------=_Part_1035798_583583900.1563638898582--

--===============7657703040514829562==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7657703040514829562==--