Subject: [TR] tr250 wiring

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 18:40:44 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01D50116.8DB36430"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D50116.8DB36430
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0016_01D50116.8DB36430"

------=_NextPart_001_0016_01D50116.8DB36430
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have a tr4, which the previous owners heavily modified, including the
electrical system.  I'm starting to work through it, a little at a time.
Since it has an alternator (an early 60's GM unit), a digital voltage
regulator, and just "a few" other modifications, I'm using a tr250 wiring
diagram, which seems about right.

Since of course they paid no attention whatsoever to correct colors (and I'm
trying to), I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell on the alternator
which one is ind and which one is F (see attached diagram).  There is no
wire going to the alternator warning lamp.

There are two wires that go directly from the alternator to the regulator,
so I'm careful to match what was there.  I'd just like to know which is
which.  The order on the digital regulator does not match the diagram.

------=_NextPart_001_0016_01D50116.8DB36430
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have a tr4, which the previous owners heavily =
modified, including the electrical system.&nbsp; I&#8217;m starting to =
work through it, a little at a time.&nbsp; Since it has an alternator =
(an early 60&#8217;s GM unit), a digital voltage regulator, and just =
&#8220;a few&#8221; other modifications, I&#8217;m using a tr250 wiring =
diagram, which seems about right.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Since of =
course they paid no attention whatsoever to correct colors (and =
I&#8217;m trying to), I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell on the =
alternator which one is ind and which one is F (see attached =
diagram).&nbsp; There is no wire going to the alternator warning =
lamp.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>There are two wires that go directly from the =
alternator to the regulator, so I&#8217;m careful to match what was =
there.&nbsp; I&#8217;d just like to know which is which.&nbsp; The order =
on the digital regulator does not match the =
diagram.<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0016_01D50116.8DB36430--

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D50116.8DB36430
	name="tr250.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="tr250.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D50116.8DB36430
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01D50116.8DB36430--