Subject: [TR] TR4 bypass hose question

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:17:29 -0400

I would like to install a regular (non bellows) 160 degree thermostat in my
62 TR4.  I am hearing that to do so I need to block off the bypass hose.
I'd like to keep the stock look of the bypass hose installed.  Is there a
particular plug or bung that folks have used to insert into the bypass
opening on the water pump housing or thermostat housing that is effective.  
Thanks in advance.
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL 34471

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Q <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:30:56 -0700

I had the opportunity to look at quite a few water pump casings several 
years ago.  The internal diameter of the by-pass nipple got smaller and 
smaller with as the casings got newer.  The smallest being 1/4" diameter 
from a TR4A.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA