Subject: [TR] Spring Prep

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 11:15:44 -0400 (EDT)

In the dead of winter, even the garage furnace leaves it a bit nippy, so am doing spring maintenance now to get ready for snowmelt.  Curious what others are doing now?

Yesterday I replaced the rear e-brake cables and the aging rubber flex lines for the brakes.  Put new rotors on, replacing those that were original to the car, which must have had over two hundred thousand miles on them by now.  New brake pads and shoes too.  They still had wear because who uses brakes anyway.  They only slow you down.  Thanks Randall et al for reminding me how to replace the hoses.  

Also replaced the front wheel bearings, complete with new tap-in housings.  The tap-in housings didn't look too bad but were after all original to the car, though bearings were not.  Had the machine shop replace the wheel studs that I had originally sawn off with a hacksaw to fit the wire wheel adapters.  Replaced rear axle everything (mostly machine shop stuff):  bearing, inner and outer seals.  Couldn't quite finish the passenger axle since there was a bit of a glitch ordering one of the shims.  Couldn't be happier with how the Roadster Factory responded.  Changed oil.  Greased everything.  

Next up:  tune the horns so they actually do more than squeak like an anemic mouse.  But...I'm going to let my inspection mechanic change the oil in the Overdrive.  I have the half-inch socket for the drain plug, but am getting to danged old to crawl on my back under the car trying to get enough leverage with the ratchet to force the plug off and on.  They'll have it on a rack, easy peasy.  Or is it peazy?

Last up, sand blast the wire wheels when it stops raining, then use a better primer and paint than  last time.  Should be ready to drive next week.

Is it that time of year for anyone else?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hamsphire
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 20:07:50 -0500

Yes, same here Terry.   Just brought the 3A home today after wintering over in a luxurious auto museum, traded my Jeepster for them to display.   Runs horrible, but kind of expected that, still the most fun car to drive that I own.   Will get busy going through the carbs and getting everything lined out for summer and hopefully a drive to VTR in the fall.   Then get that front sway bar installed. 

Easy peezy, lemmon squeezy,
Bill B
TS30800L

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

On Mar 30, 2019, at 10:15 AM, TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]> wrote:

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hamsphire

---

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

Lemmon Squeezy?  Bill, I do believe I dated that same girl in college!

> On March 30, 2019 at 9:07 PM "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 21:59:13 -0500

William & Mary spring 1970, my first TR3!

On Mar 30, 2019, at 9:53 PM, TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 23:08:25 -0400 (EDT)

San Francisco State, 1975, 1968 MGB.  Doubtless Ms. Squeezy lowered her expectations when I came around.

'Course, those were the girls who would go out with me....?  :o)

> On March 30, 2019 at 10:59 PM "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:11:23 -0500

OK, I’m shuttin this down before we both have to sleep in our respective TR3s tonight. 
Bill

On Mar 30, 2019, at 10:08 PM, TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]> wrote:

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:23:49 -0500

Well, in Dallas last week it was in the 70's.  drove around with the top
down.  So that's what we are doing this time of year.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of TERRY SMITH
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:16 AM
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Spring Prep

In the dead of winter, even the garage furnace leaves it a bit nippy, so am
doing spring maintenance now to get ready for snowmelt.  Curious what others
are doing now?

Yesterday I replaced the rear e-brake cables and the aging rubber flex lines
for the brakes.  Put new rotors on, replacing those that were original to
the car, which must have had over two hundred thousand miles on them by now.
New brake pads and shoes too.  They still had wear because who uses brakes
anyway.  They only slow you down.  Thanks Randall et al for reminding me how
to replace the hoses.  

Also replaced the front wheel bearings, complete with new tap-in housings.
The tap-in housings didn't look too bad but were after all original to the
car, though bearings were not.  Had the machine shop replace the wheel studs
that I had originally sawn off with a hacksaw to fit the wire wheel
adapters.  Replaced rear axle everything (mostly machine shop stuff):
bearing, inner and outer seals.  Couldn't quite finish the passenger axle
since there was a bit of a glitch ordering one of the shims.  Couldn't be
happier with how the Roadster Factory responded.  Changed oil.  Greased
everything.  

Next up:  tune the horns so they actually do more than squeak like an anemic
mouse.  But...I'm going to let my inspection mechanic change the oil in the
Overdrive.  I have the half-inch socket for the drain plug, but am getting
to danged old to crawl on my back under the car trying to get enough
leverage with the ratchet to force the plug off and on.  They'll have it on
a rack, easy peasy.  Or is it peazy?

Last up, sand blast the wire wheels when it stops raining, then use a better
primer and paint than  last time.  Should be ready to drive next week.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hamsphire

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 07:52:07 -0400

> Is it that time of year for anyone else?

It's been spring, on and off, for a while here in the south.  In fact,
my back yard was full of fireflies last night.

But yes, this weekend I'm replacing an 11 year old battery in the TR6,
and removing the engine from the Spitfire so it can be rebuilt - spun
a rod bearing...  One of those jobs will be done very soon, though.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 12:11:14 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5202487257401547040==
	boundary="----=_Part_13964498_140885011.1554034274166"

------=_Part_13964498_140885011.1554034274166
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 University of Missouri, Columbia School of Engineering, 1976, 1965 MGB.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, Mar 30, 2019 11:03 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] Spring Prep

San Francisco State, 1975, 1968 MGB.=C2=A0 Doubtless Ms. Squeezy lowered he=
r expectations when I came around.

'Course, those were the girls who would go out with me....?=C2=A0 :o)

> On March 30, 2019 at 10:59 PM "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote=
:
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Lemmon Squeezy?=C2=A0 Bill, I do believe I dated that same girl in colleg=
e!
>=20
>=20

[email-masked]

------=_Part_13964498_140885011.1554034274166
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'3' face=3D'Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>
<div> <font size=3D"3">University of Missouri, Columbia School of Engineeri=
ng, 1976, 1965 MGB.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style=3D"clear:both"><font size=3D"4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----=
Original Message-----<br>
From: TERRY SMITH &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Sat, Mar 30, 2019 11:03 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] Spring Prep<br>
<br>

<div dir=3D"ltr">San Francisco State, 1975, 1968 MGB.&nbsp; Doubtless Ms. S=
queezy lowered her expectations when I came around.<br clear=3D"none"><br c=
lear=3D"none">'Course, those were the girls who would go out with me....?&n=
bsp; :o)<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">
<div class=3D"yqt6358576745" id=3D"yqtfd31956"><br clear=3D"none">&gt; On M=
arch 30, 2019 at 10:59 PM "<a shape=3D"rect" ymailto=3D"mailto:Wbeech@flash=
.net" rel=3D"noopener noreferrer" removedlink__516e7606-bd24-4ab1-a483-85c6=
bf4cc31a__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>" &lt;<a sha=
pe=3D"rect" ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noopener noreferrer"=
 removedlink__516e7606-bd24-4ab1-a483-85c6bf4cc31a__href=3D"mailto:wbeech@f=
lash.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br clear=3D"none">&gt; <br clear=
=3D"none">&gt; <br clear=3D"none">&gt; William &amp; Mary spring 1970, my f=
irst TR3!<br clear=3D"none">&gt; <br clear=3D"none">&gt; Sent from my DynaT=
AC 8000X<br clear=3D"none">&gt; <br clear=3D"none">&gt; On Mar 30, 2019, at=
 9:53 PM, TERRY SMITH &lt;<a shape=3D"rect" ymailto=3D"mailto:terryrs@comca=
st.net" rel=3D"noopener noreferrer" removedlink__516e7606-bd24-4ab1-a483-85=
c6bf4cc31a__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br clear=3D"none">&gt; <br clear=3D"none">&gt; Lemmon Squeezy?&nbsp=
; Bill, I do believe I dated that same girl in college!<br clear=3D"none">&=
gt; <br clear=3D"none">&gt; <br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Unsubscri=
be/Manage: <a shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noopener noreferrer" =
removedlink__516e7606-bd24-4ab1-a483-85c6bf4cc31a__href=3D"http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/ma=
ilman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none"></div>
</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_13964498_140885011.1554034274166--

--===============5202487257401547040==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5202487257401547040==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 12:13:33 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2282005068390169937==
	boundary="----=_Part_13966768_23331628.1554034413577"

------=_Part_13966768_23331628.1554034413577
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I've been in Dallas in the summertime.=C2=A0 Ugh.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: dave <[email-masked]>
To: 'Triumphs' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Mar 31, 2019 12:03 am
Subject: Re: [TR] Spring Prep

Well, in Dallas last week it was in the 70's.=C2=A0 drove around with the t=
op
down.=C2=A0 So that's what we are doing this time of year.

------=_Part_13966768_23331628.1554034413577
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='3' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>
<div> <font size="3">I've been in Dallas in the summertime.&nbsp; Ugh.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: dave &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: 'Triumphs' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Sun, Mar 31, 2019 12:03 am<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] Spring Prep<br>
<br>

<div dir="ltr">Well, in Dallas last week it was in the 70's.&nbsp; drove around with the top<br clear="none">down.&nbsp; So that's what we are doing this time of year.<br clear="none"><br clear="none"><br>
</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_13966768_23331628.1554034413577--

--===============2282005068390169937==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2282005068390169937==--