Subject: Re: [TR] Aw Hell, I am one of those guys now(?)

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 20:06:41 -0700

On 3/5/19 5:31 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:
>  Am I screwed or is the list down?
>

The first thing you might want to do is check the archives, 
http://www.team.net/archive to see if posts are being made to the list.

mjb.

ps: Server fund drive going well, stay tuned for more info soon.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Stan Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 03:14:48 +0000

--===============5893999738258467266==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BN8PR05MB669233A909335D0A0C734E81FE730BN8PR05MB6692namp_"

--_000_BN8PR05MB669233A909335D0A0C734E81FE730BN8PR05MB6692namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN8PR05MB669233A909335D0A0C734E81FE730BN8PR05MB6692namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN8PR05MB669233A909335D0A0C734E81FE730BN8PR05MB6692namp_--

--===============5893999738258467266==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5893999738258467266==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 21:17:03 -0600

--===============8237916490639243437==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-20F331DD-E0DB-46B2-A693-EABC69B064E3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-20F331DD-E0DB-46B2-A693-EABC69B064E3
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

List is working.....

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

On Mar 5, 2019, at 6:31 PM, Greg Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:

So I switched to Gmail, and signed up here, got mail for a couple days (kept=
 marking it not spam and it started coming through) but nothing from the lis=
t since the first (yes I checked spam and all folders).  Am I screwed or is t=
he list down?

Thanks, Greg Lemon

> On Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 5:01 PM Frank Magnusson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Sujit,
>=20
> I was working on the Stag today and came across one of the dowel pins we w=
ere talking about recently.  This is one of the unmodified dowel pins that t=
he machinist started with. He milled down the diameter of the shoulder to fi=
t the holes in the bellhousing and I believe he shortened it as well and rec=
ut the threads.  Allen key needed on the head.  Worked very well.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Frank
>=20
> Sent from my iPad** [email-masked] **
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archi=
ve
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@=
gmail.com

ash.net

--Apple-Mail-20F331DD-E0DB-46B2-A693-EABC69B064E3
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">List is working.....<br><br><div id=3D"Appl=
eMailSignature" dir=3D"ltr">Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X</div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
><br>On Mar 5, 2019, at 6:31 PM, Greg Lemon &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:grglmn@gma=
il.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div d=
ir=3D"auto">So I switched to Gmail, and signed up here, got mail for a coupl=
e days (kept marking it not spam and it started coming through) but nothing f=
rom the list since the first (yes I checked spam and all folders).&nbsp; Am I=
 screwed or is the list down?<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">T=
hanks, Greg Lemon</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"g=
mail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 5:01 P=
M Frank Magnusson &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Sujit,<br>
<br>
I was working on the Stag today and came across one of the dowel pins we wer=
e talking about recently.&nbsp; This is one of the unmodified dowel pins tha=
t the machinist started with. He milled down the diameter of the shoulder to=
 fit the holes in the bellhousing and I believe he shortened it as well and r=
ecut the threads.&nbsp; Allen key needed on the head.&nbsp; Worked very well=
.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Frank<br>
<br>
Sent from my iPad** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bl=
ank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
rrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&n=
bsp; <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>
</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">t=
[email-masked]</a> **</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a hr=
ef=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></=
span><br><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">h=
ttp://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> &nbsp;<a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span></span><br><span=
>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triump=
hs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbeech@f=
lash.net</a></span><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-20F331DD-E0DB-46B2-A693-EABC69B064E3--

--===============8237916490639243437==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8237916490639243437==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 22:22:40 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7928626993562320795==
 boundary="------------6585BCC47FBDE7FB8BF43384"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------6585BCC47FBDE7FB8BF43384
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Greg, the list is not down.  I've got half a dozen or so messages since 
the 1st of March.

- Tony

On 3/5/2019 6:31 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:
> So I switched to Gmail, and signed up here, got mail for a couple days 
> (kept marking it not spam and it started coming through) but nothing 
> from the list since the first (yes I checked spam and all folders).  
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 5:01 PM Frank Magnusson <[email-masked] 
>
>     Hi Sujit,
>
>     I was working on the Stag today and came across one of the dowel
>     pins we were talking about recently.  This is one of the
>     unmodified dowel pins that the machinist started with. He milled
>     down the diameter of the shoulder to fit the holes in the
>     bellhousing and I believe he shortened it as well and recut the
>     threads.  Allen key needed on the head.  Worked very well.
>
>
>
>
>
>     Frank
>
>     Sent from my iPad** [email-masked]
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------6585BCC47FBDE7FB8BF43384
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Greg, the list is not down.  I've got half a dozen or so messages
      since the 1st of March.</p>
    <p>- Tony<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/5/2019 6:31 PM, Greg Lemon wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAFtw3abp9uvV_Z_8xEqz88zpvGsE+78zMvspu80OEP7e-D=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">So I switched to Gmail, and signed up here, got
        mail for a couple days (kept marking it not spam and it started
        coming through) but nothing from the list since the first (yes I
        checked spam and all folders).  Am I screwed or is the list
        down?
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">Thanks, Greg Lemon</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 5:01 PM
          Frank Magnusson &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Sujit,<br>
          <br>
          I was working on the Stag today and came across one of the
          dowel pins we were talking about recently.  This is one of the
          unmodified dowel pins that the machinist started with. He
          milled down the diameter of the shoulder to fit the holes in
          the bellhousing and I believe he shortened it as well and
          recut the threads.  Allen key needed on the head.  Worked very
          well.<br>
          <br>
          <br>
          <br>
          <br>
          <br>
          Frank<br>
          <br>
          Sent from my iPad** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
          **<br>
          <br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> 
          <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------6585BCC47FBDE7FB8BF43384--

--===============7928626993562320795==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7928626993562320795==--

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 06:01:31 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0063600188204557464==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4D3E2.0BE8C1E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4D3E2.0BE8C1E0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Greg, the list is up and working. We just changed from Windows 7 to =
Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago but still use Outlook 2010 to retrieve =
messages. A few glitches with that but things still work okay.=20

=20

Alex Thomson

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Greg Lemon
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 7:32 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Aw Hell, I am one of those guys now(?)

=20

So I switched to Gmail, and signed up here, got mail for a couple days =
(kept marking it not spam and it started coming through) but nothing =
from the list since the first (yes I checked spam and all folders).  Am =
I screwed or is the list down?

=20

Thanks, Greg Lemon

=20

=20

Hi Sujit,

I was working on the Stag today and came across one of the dowel pins we =
were talking about recently.  This is one of the unmodified dowel pins =
that the machinist started with. He milled down the diameter of the =
shoulder to fit the holes in the bellhousing and I believe he shortened =
it as well and recut the threads.  Allen key needed on the head.  Worked =
very well.

Frank

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  =

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4D3E2.0BE8C1E0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Greg, the list is up and working. We just changed from Windows 7 to =
Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago but still use Outlook 2010 to retrieve =
messages. A few glitches with that but things still work okay. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Alex Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Greg Lemon<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, March 05, 2019 7:32 =
PM<br><b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] Aw =
Hell, I am one of those guys now(?)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>So I =
switched to Gmail, and signed up here, got mail for a couple days (kept =
marking it not spam and it started coming through) but nothing from the =
list since the first (yes I checked spam and all folders).&nbsp; Am I =
screwed or is the list down?<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks, Greg Lemon<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 5:01 PM Frank Magnusson &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi =
Sujit,<br><br>I was working on the Stag today and came across one of the =
dowel pins we were talking about recently.&nbsp; This is one of the =
unmodified dowel pins that the machinist started with. He milled down =
the diameter of the shoulder to fit the holes in the bellhousing and I =
believe he shortened it as well and recut the threads.&nbsp; Allen key =
needed on the head.&nbsp; Worked very =
well.<br><br><br><br><br><br>Frank<br><br>Sent from my iPad** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Mana=
ge: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@g=
mail.com</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4D3E2.0BE8C1E0--

--===============0063600188204557464==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0063600188204557464==--

---

From: TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 08:41:06 -0500 (EST)

--===============0911675690145275128==
	boundary="----=_Part_207649_1241983911.1551879667713"

------=_Part_207649_1241983911.1551879667713
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Just picked up my TR3 axles from the machine shop I've used for the past 15 years thru several engine rebuilds etc.  People on the List who described the difficulty of pressing the bearings off are apparently right as my friend Barry at the shop was not "happy" at the work he had to do on them.  

Now I have them back, does anyone know of a simple jig to hold the dial gauge so as to measure and float?

TERRY Smith

New Hampshire
------=_Part_207649_1241983911.1551879667713
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
    <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
</head><body><p style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-se=
rif;color:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">Just picked up my TR3 axles fro=
m the machine shop I&#39;ve used for the past 15 years thru several engine =
rebuilds etc.&#160; People on the List who described the difficulty of pres=
sing the bearings off are apparently right as my friend Barry at the shop w=
as not &#34;happy&#34; at the work he had to do on them.&#160;&#160;</p><p =
style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:#33333=
3;" class=3D"default-style">Now I have them back, does anyone know of a sim=
ple jig to hold the dial gauge so as to measure and float?</p><p style=3D"f=
ont-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:#333333;" class=
=3D"default-style"><br></p><p style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica=
,arial,sans-serif;color:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">TERRY Smith</p><p=
 style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:helvetica,arial,sans-serif;color:#3333=
33;" class=3D"default-style">New Hampshire</p></body></html>
=20
------=_Part_207649_1241983911.1551879667713--

--===============0911675690145275128==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0911675690145275128==--

---

From: Hoyt Duff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 15:56:36 -0500

The magnetic bases sold Harbor Freight will suffice.

https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-position-magnetic-base-with-fine-adjustment-63663.html

On 3/6/19, TERRY SMITH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Just picked up my TR3 axles from the machine shop I've used for the past 15
> years thru several engine rebuilds etc.  People on the List who described
> the difficulty of pressing the bearings off are apparently right as my
> friend Barry at the shop was not "happy" at the work he had to do on them.
>
>

-- 
-- 
Hoyt