Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine question

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:34:02 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3708474921398398917==
	boundary="----=_Part_5441400_42511018.1551184442407"

------=_Part_5441400_42511018.1551184442407
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 First off, congratulations on your win.
Secondly, do what I do.=C2=A0 Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch=
 out as you switch off.=C2=A0 Be sure to set the brake first.=C2=A0 My TR6 =
diesels even with the anti-run-on valve.=C2=A0 So does the TR3.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>
To: 'triumphs' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm
Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question

Fresh TR4 engine that does that "dieseling" thing after you turn off the
key.=C2=A0 It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops=
.=C2=A0 The
TR6 has an anti-run on valve to help with that.=C2=A0 What do I treat on a =
TR4
motor?=C2=A0 P.S.=C2=A0 So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back toget=
her stock,
I won first place in the sports car group at the AACC winter national.=C2=
=A0=20
Thanks
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL

61 TR3A
62 TR4
75 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

------=_Part_5441400_42511018.1551184442407
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='3' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>
<div> <font size="3">First off, congratulations on your win.</font></div>

<div><font size="3"><br>
</font></div>

<div><font size="3">Secondly, do what I do.&nbsp; Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch out as you switch off.&nbsp; Be sure to set the brake first.&nbsp; My TR6 diesels even with the anti-run-on valve.&nbsp; So does the TR3.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Jim Henningsen &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: 'triumphs' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm<br>
Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question<br>
<br>

<div dir="ltr">Fresh TR4 engine that does that "dieseling" thing after you turn off the<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">key.&nbsp; It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops.&nbsp; The<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">TR6 has an anti-run on valve to help with that.&nbsp; What do I treat on a TR4<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">motor?&nbsp; P.S.&nbsp; So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back together stock,<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">I won first place in the sports car group at the AACC winter national.&nbsp; <br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Thanks<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Jim Henningsen<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Ocala, FL<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">61 TR3A<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">62 TR4<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">75 TR6<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">** <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__b5293d49-0bb4-43b8-af1a-94966638bb55__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Donate: <a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__b5293d49-0bb4-43b8-af1a-94966638bb55__href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Archive: <a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__b5293d49-0bb4-43b8-af1a-94966638bb55__href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs </a> <a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__b5293d49-0bb4-43b8-af1a-94966638bb55__href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr"><br>
</div>

<div dir="ltr">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" removedlink__b5293d49-0bb4-43b8-af1a-94966638bb55__href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_5441400_42511018.1551184442407--

--===============3708474921398398917==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3708474921398398917==--

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:46:54 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3829089385983250084==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4CDB8.35D1B780"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4CDB8.35D1B780
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Assuming everything else (timing, carburation) is set, do you have an =
electric fan?  My TR3 runs on if the fan is still on when I turn the =
ignition off.

=20

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
DAVID MASSEY
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 7:34 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine question

=20

=20

Secondly, do what I do.  Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch =
out as you switch off.  Be sure to set the brake first.  My TR6 diesels =
even with the anti-run-on valve.  So does the TR3.

=20

Dave=20

=20

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>
To: 'triumphs' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm
Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question

key.  It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops.  =
The

TR6 has an anti-run on valve to help with that.  What do I treat on a =
TR4

motor?  P.S.  So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back together =
stock,

I won first place in the sports car group at the AACC winter national. =20

Thanks

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

=20

61 TR3A

62 TR4

75 TR6

=20

=20

=20

=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =

=20

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4CDB8.35D1B780
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D'>Assuming everything else =
(timing, carburation) is set, do you have an electric fan?=C2=A0 My TR3 =
runs on if the fan is still on when I turn the ignition =
off.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D'>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D'>Jackson, =
Michigan<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>DAVID MASSEY<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 7:34 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine =
question<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>First off, =
congratulations on your win.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>Secondly, do what =
I do.&nbsp; Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch out as you =
switch off.&nbsp; Be sure to set the brake first.&nbsp; My TR6 diesels =
even with the anti-run-on valve.&nbsp; So does the =
TR3.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>D=
ave </span><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p></o:p></span>=
</p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>-=
----Original Message-----<br>From: Jim Henningsen =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: 'triumphs' =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 =
pm<br>Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>F=
resh TR4 engine that does that &quot;dieseling&quot; thing after you =
turn off the<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>k=
ey.&nbsp; It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then =
stops.&nbsp; The<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>T=
R6 has an anti-run on valve to help with that.&nbsp; What do I treat on =
a TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>m=
otor?&nbsp; P.S.&nbsp; So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back =
together stock,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>I=
 won first place in the sports car group at the AACC winter =
national.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>T=
hanks<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>J=
im Henningsen<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>O=
cala, FL<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>6=
1 TR3A<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>6=
2 TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>7=
5 TR6<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>*=
* [email-masked] **<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>D=
onate: =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>A=
rchive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>U=
nsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<o:p></o=
:p></span></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4CDB8.35D1B780--

--===============3829089385983250084==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3829089385983250084==--

---

From: "dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:21:21 -0600

--===============4537464587503176773==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0030_01D4CDB4.A4D88E50"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D4CDB4.A4D88E50
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am by no means the best mechanic, but I can tell you this advice is =
just wrong.  You are band aiding the problem.  I would try a higher =
grade gas, or maybe even just getting out on the freeway and trying to =
burn off the carbon deposits.  Possibly retarding or advancing the =
timing?  These cars don=E2=80=99t necessarily do that, and if yours does =
there is a solution. =20

=20

Here is a guy who knows what he=E2=80=99s talking about:  =
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm

=20

Its not a Triumph, but it=E2=80=99s the same concept

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of DAVID =
MASSEY
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:34 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine question

=20

=20

=20

Dave=20

=20

=20

-----Original Message-----

Thanks

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

=20

61 TR3A

62 TR4

75 TR6

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D4CDB4.A4D88E50
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I am by no means the best mechanic, but I can tell you =
this advice is just wrong.=C2=A0 You are band aiding the problem.=C2=A0 =
I would try a higher grade gas, or maybe even just getting out on the =
freeway and trying to burn off the carbon deposits.=C2=A0 Possibly =
retarding or advancing the timing?=C2=A0 These cars don=E2=80=99t =
necessarily do that, and if yours does there is a solution.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Here is a guy who knows what he=E2=80=99s talking =
about:=C2=A0 <a =
href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm">http://mgaguru.com/mg=
tech/engine/ro101.htm</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Its not a =
Triumph, but it=E2=80=99s the same concept<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>DAVID MASSEY<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:34 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine =
question<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Fir=
st off, congratulations on your win.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Sec=
ondly, do what I do.&nbsp; Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch =
out as you switch off.&nbsp; Be sure to set the brake first.&nbsp; My =
TR6 diesels even with the anti-run-on valve.&nbsp; So does the =
TR3.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Dav=
e </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>---=
--Original Message-----<br>From: Jim Henningsen &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
'triumphs' &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<b=
r>Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm<br>Subject: [TR] TR4 engine =
question<o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Fre=
sh TR4 engine that does that &quot;dieseling&quot; thing after you turn =
off the<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>key=
.&nbsp; It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then =
stops.&nbsp; The<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>TR6=
 has an anti-run on valve to help with that.&nbsp; What do I treat on a =
TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>mot=
or?&nbsp; P.S.&nbsp; So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back =
together stock,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>I =
won first place in the sports car group at the AACC winter =
national.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Tha=
nks<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Jim=
 Henningsen<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Oca=
la, FL<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>61 =
TR3A<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>62 =
TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>75 =
TR6<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>** =
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Don=
ate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Arc=
hive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/triumphs</a> <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o=
:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D4CDB4.A4D88E50--

--===============4537464587503176773==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4537464587503176773==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:14:23 -0600

--===============3851337779599348425==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-78CF23FE-A8C9-402F-8687-DB2204670254
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-78CF23FE-A8C9-402F-8687-DB2204670254
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Same problem here with the TR3 motor in the Morgan, but not the TR3.  I don=E2=
=80=99t see how ignition timing could affect it as it is turned off.  I used=
 to hear it was due to carbon buildup continuing to ignite fuel, but that do=
esn=E2=80=99t fly for a fresh engine. =20

I=E2=80=99m going to lean the mixture a little and see if that makes any dif=
ference.  Till then, Dave=E2=80=99s method of easing the clutch out seems to=
 be the accepted workaround. =20

Bill
TS30800L

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X

On Feb 26, 2019, at 8:46 AM, Andrew Uprichard <[email-masked]> wro=
te:

Assuming everything else (timing, carburation) is set, do you have an electr=
ic fan?  My TR3 runs on if the fan is still on when I turn the ignition off.=

=20
Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan
=20
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of DAVID M=
ASSEY
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 7:34 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine question
=20
First off, congratulations on your win.
=20
Secondly, do what I do.  Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch out a=
s you switch off.  Be sure to set the brake first.  My TR6 diesels even with=
 the anti-run-on valve.  So does the TR3.
=20
Dave

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>
To: 'triumphs' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm
Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question

Fresh TR4 engine that does that "dieseling" thing after you turn off the
key.  It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops.  The=

TR6 has an anti-run on valve to help with that.  What do I treat on a TR4
motor?  P.S.  So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back together stock,
I won first place in the sports car group at the AACC winter national.=20
Thanks
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL
=20
61 TR3A
62 TR4
75 TR6
=20
=20
=20
** [email-masked] **
=20
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
=20
[email-masked]
** [email-masked] **

ash.net

--Apple-Mail-78CF23FE-A8C9-402F-8687-DB2204670254
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">Same problem here with the TR3 motor in the=
 Morgan, but not the TR3. &nbsp;I don=E2=80=99t see how ignition timing coul=
d affect it as it is turned off. &nbsp;I used to hear it was due to carbon b=
uildup continuing to ignite fuel, but that doesn=E2=80=99t fly for a fresh e=
ngine. &nbsp;<div><br></div><div>I=E2=80=99m going to lean the mixture a lit=
tle and see if that makes any difference. &nbsp;Till then, Dave=E2=80=99s me=
thod of easing the clutch out seems to be the accepted workaround. &nbsp;</d=
iv><div><br></div><div>Bill</div><div>TS30800L<br><br><div id=3D"AppleMailSi=
gnature" dir=3D"ltr">Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br>On=
 Feb 26, 2019, at 8:46 AM, Andrew Uprichard &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:auprichard=
@uprichard.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div di=
r=3D"ltr"><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"><meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered mediu=
m)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--><div class=3D"WordSection1"><p class=3D"Ms=
oNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D">Assuming everything e=
lse (timing, carburation) is set, do you have an electric fan?&nbsp; My TR3 r=
uns on if the fan is still on when I turn the ignition off.<o:p></o:p></span=
></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D"><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:1=
1.0pt;color:#1F497D">Andrew Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNo=
rmal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D">Jackson, Michigan<o:p><=
/o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color=
:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><span style=3D=
"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:=
</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&q=
uot;sans-serif&quot;"> Triumphs [<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
am.net">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>DAVI=
D MASSEY<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 7:34 AM<br><b>To:</b> <a=
 href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; <a href=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [=
TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nb=
sp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Ar=
ial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">First off, congratulations on y=
our win.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D=
"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbs=
p;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-fam=
ily:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Secondly, do what I=
 do.&nbsp; Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch out as you switch o=
ff.&nbsp; Be sure to set the brake first.&nbsp; My TR6 diesels even with the=
 anti-run-on valve.&nbsp; So does the TR3.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><=
p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;san=
s-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D=
"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span style=3D"font-size:13.5pt;f=
ont-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Dave </span=
><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:b=
lack"><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D=
"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbs=
p;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-fam=
ily:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt"><=
span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-seri=
f&quot;;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>From: Jim Henningsen &lt;=
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: 'trium=
phs' &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]<=
/a>&gt;<br>Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm<br>Subject: [TR] TR4 engine quest=
ion<o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-siz=
e:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Fre=
sh TR4 engine that does that "dieseling" thing after you turn off the<o:p></=
o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10=
.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">key.&=
nbsp; It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops.&nbsp=
; The<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"=
font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:=
black">TR6 has an anti-run on valve to help with that.&nbsp; What do I treat=
 on a TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=
=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;co=
lor:black">motor?&nbsp; P.S.&nbsp; So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 b=
ack together stock,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><=
span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-seri=
f&quot;;color:black">I won first place in the sports car group at the AACC w=
inter national.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal=
"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-s=
erif&quot;;color:black">Thanks<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"M=
soNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quo=
t;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Jim Henningsen<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><d=
iv><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;=
Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Ocala, FL<o:p></o:p></span><=
/p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-fa=
mily:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p>=
</span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt=
;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">61 TR3A<o=
:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-si=
ze:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">=
62 TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D=
"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color=
:black">75 TR6<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span s=
tyle=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot=
;;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"=
><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-se=
rif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"Ms=
oNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot=
;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p cla=
ss=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quo=
t;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
eam.net">[email-masked]</a> **<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p c=
lass=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&q=
uot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><=
div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot=
;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Donate: <a href=3D"http://w=
ww.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></spa=
n></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font=
-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Archive: <a hr=
ef=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/=
triumphs</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/arc=
hive</a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D=
"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color=
:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span s=
tyle=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot=
;;color:black">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/t=
riumphs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></div></div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr"><span>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">triumph=
[email-masked]</a> **</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href=3D"=
br><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://=
www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> &nbsp;<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/arc=
hive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsub=
scribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbe=
[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
et</a></span><br></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-78CF23FE-A8C9-402F-8687-DB2204670254--

--===============3851337779599348425==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3851337779599348425==--

---

From: "wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 11:30:41 -0600

--===============2347414780055595486==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4CDC6.B5074C00"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4CDC6.B5074C00
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Good advice Dave, I will upgrade the gasoline for this car.  I know =
Barney, the MGA Guru, good guy that knows his stuff, lots of very =
helpful info and test procedures on his site.

Bill B

=20

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
dave
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine question

=20

=20

=20

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked] =
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:34 AM
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine question

=20

=20

=20

Dave=20

=20

=20

-----Original Message-----

key  It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops.  =
The

Thanks

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

=20

61 TR3A

62 TR4

75 TR6

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4CDC6.B5074C00
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Good advice Dave, I will =
upgrade the gasoline for this car.=C2=A0 I know Barney, the MGA Guru, =
good guy that knows his stuff, lots of very helpful info and test =
procedures on his site.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>dave<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:21 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 =
engine question<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am by no =
means the best mechanic, but I can tell you this advice is just =
wrong.&nbsp; You are band aiding the problem.&nbsp; I would try a higher =
grade gas, or maybe even just getting out on the freeway and trying to =
burn off the carbon deposits.&nbsp; Possibly retarding or advancing the =
timing?&nbsp; These cars don=E2=80=99t necessarily do that, and if yours =
does there is a solution.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Here is a =
guy who knows what he=E2=80=99s talking about:&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm">http://mgaguru.com/mg=
tech/engine/ro101.htm</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Its not a =
Triumph, but it=E2=80=99s the same concept<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Triumphs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
am.net</a>&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>DAVID MASSEY<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, =
February 26, 2019 6:34 AM<br><b>To:</b> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><b=
>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></p><p =
&nbsp; It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then =
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4CDC6.B5074C00--

--===============2347414780055595486==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2347414780055595486==--

---

From: David P <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:57:25 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0012774806113784030==
 boundary="------------E639CBC0D0B22A6E9AB45DAA"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------E639CBC0D0B22A6E9AB45DAA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Probably..because the engine needs fuel to burn, your carb pistons are 
not returning to full down position allowing too much fuel through and 
as Dave said carbon deposits or very hot

edges  on the gasket bore periphery are igniting the fuel. First try 
leaning the mixture, reducing the idle speed, set ignition timing and 
points to factory specs and precede this with a thorough tune up with 
new plugs, points and condenser.... Dave, the other

On 2/26/2019 8:21 AM, dave wrote:
>
> I am by no means the best mechanic, but I can tell you this advice is 
> just wrong.  You are band aiding the problem.  I would try a higher 
> grade gas, or maybe even just getting out on the freeway and trying to 
> burn off the carbon deposits.  Possibly retarding or advancing the 
> timing? These cars don’t necessarily do that, and if yours does there 
> is a solution.
>
> Here is a guy who knows what he’s talking about: 
> Its not a Triumph, but it’s the same concept
>
> *From:* Triumphs <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of 
> *DAVID MASSEY
> *Sent:* Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:34 AM
> *To:* [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> *Subject:* Re: [TR] TR4 engine question
>
> Secondly, do what I do.  Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch 
> out as you switch off.  Be sure to set the brake first.  My TR6 
> diesels even with the anti-run-on valve. So does the TR3.
>
> Dave
>
> key. It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then 
> stops.  The
>
> I won first place in the sports car group at the AACC winter national.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim Henningsen
>
> Ocala, FL
>
> 61 TR3A
>
> 62 TR4
>
> 75 TR6
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

--------------E639CBC0D0B22A6E9AB45DAA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Probably..because the engine needs fuel to burn, your carb
      pistons are not returning to full down position allowing too much
      fuel through and as Dave said carbon deposits or very hot</p>
    <p>edges  on the gasket bore periphery are igniting the fuel. First
      try leaning the mixture, reducing the idle speed, set ignition
      timing and points to factory specs and precede this with a
      thorough tune up with new plugs, points and condenser.... Dave,
      the other<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/26/2019 8:21 AM, dave wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">I am by no means the best mechanic, but I
          can tell you this advice is just wrong.  You are band aiding
          the problem.  I would try a higher grade gas, or maybe even
          just getting out on the freeway and trying to burn off the
          carbon deposits.  Possibly retarding or advancing the timing? 
          These cars don’t necessarily do that, and if yours does there
          is a solution.  <o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Here is a guy who knows what he’s talking
          about:  <a href="http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm</a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Its not a Triumph, but it’s the same
          concept<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs
          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of </b>DAVID
          MASSEY<br>
          <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:34 AM<br>
          <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">First
              off, congratulations on your win.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Secondly,
              do what I do.  Put the car in fourth gear and let the
              clutch out as you switch off.  Be sure to set the brake
              first.  My TR6 diesels even with the anti-run-on valve. 
              So does the TR3.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span
style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Dave
            </span><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">-----Original
              Message-----<br>
              From: Jim Henningsen &lt;<a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
              To: 'triumphs' &lt;<a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
              Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm<br>
              Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Fresh
                TR4 engine that does that "dieseling" thing after you
                turn off the<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">key. 
                It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and
                then stops.  The<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">TR6
                has an anti-run on valve to help with that.  What do I
                treat on a TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">motor? 
                P.S.  So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back
                together stock,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I
                won first place in the sports car group at the AACC
                winter national.  <o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Thanks<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Jim
                Henningsen<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Ocala,
                FL<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">61
                TR3A<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">62
                TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">75
                TR6<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">**
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Donate:
                <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Archive:
                <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
                <a href="http://www.team.net/archive"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Unsubscribe/Manage:
                <a
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
  <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br />
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
	<tr>
        <td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank"><img src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt=""  width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;" /></a></td>
		<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avg.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
</html>

--------------E639CBC0D0B22A6E9AB45DAA--

--===============0012774806113784030==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0012774806113784030==--

---

From: "Guy D. Huggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:50:55 -0600

--===============3733891877977795303==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-FBB8AC5F-AD94-45EA-8578-FA6F6C9E0129
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-FBB8AC5F-AD94-45EA-8578-FA6F6C9E0129
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Sometimes hot spots can act as an artificial spark plug.  For example, if th=
ere is a sharp edge on a new exhaust valve.  It could get hot enough to igni=
te the fuel remaining in the system.

Kind Regards,

Guy D. Huggins

> On Feb 26, 2019, at 10:14 AM, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Same problem here with the TR3 motor in the Morgan, but not the TR3.  I do=
n=E2=80=99t see how ignition timing could affect it as it is turned off.  I u=
sed to hear it was due to carbon buildup continuing to ignite fuel, but that=
 doesn=E2=80=99t fly for a fresh engine. =20
>=20
> I=E2=80=99m going to lean the mixture a little and see if that makes any d=
ifference.  Till then, Dave=E2=80=99s method of easing the clutch out seems t=
o be the accepted workaround. =20
> On Feb 26, 2019, at 8:46 AM, Andrew Uprichard <[email-masked]> w=
rote:
>=20
> Assuming everything else (timing, carburation) is set, do you have an elec=
tric fan?  My TR3 runs on if the fan is still on when I turn the ignition of=
f.
> =20
> Andrew Uprichard
> Jackson, Michigan
> =20
> From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of DAVID=
 MASSEY
> Secondly, do what I do.  Put the car in fourth gear and let the clutch out=
 as you switch off.  Be sure to set the brake first.  My TR6 diesels even wi=
th the anti-run-on valve.  So does the TR3.
> key.  It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops.  T=
he
> motor?  P.S.  So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back together stock=
,
e
> =20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave1ma=
[email-masked]
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archi=
ve
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbeech@=
flash.net
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archi=
ve
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/gdhuggi=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-FBB8AC5F-AD94-45EA-8578-FA6F6C9E0129
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">Sometimes hot spots can act as an artificia=
l spark plug. &nbsp;For example, if there is a sharp edge on a new exhaust v=
alve. &nbsp;It could get hot enough to ignite the fuel remaining in the syst=
em.<br><br><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature" dir=3D"ltr">Kind Regards,<div><br>=
</div><div>Guy D. Huggins</div></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br>On Feb 26, 2019, a=
t 10:14 AM, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div=
><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr"><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type=
" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">Same problem here with the TR3 moto=
r in the Morgan, but not the TR3. &nbsp;I don=E2=80=99t see how ignition tim=
ing could affect it as it is turned off. &nbsp;I used to hear it was due to c=
arbon buildup continuing to ignite fuel, but that doesn=E2=80=99t fly for a f=
resh engine. &nbsp;<div><br></div><div>I=E2=80=99m going to lean the mixture=
 a little and see if that makes any difference. &nbsp;Till then, Dave=E2=80=99=
s method of easing the clutch out seems to be the accepted workaround. &nbsp=
;</div><div><br></div><div>Bill</div><div>TS30800L<br><br><div id=3D"AppleMa=
ilSignature" dir=3D"ltr">Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><b=
r>On Feb 26, 2019, at 8:46 AM, Andrew Uprichard &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aupric=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><di=
v dir=3D"ltr"><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8"><meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered m=
edium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--><div class=3D"WordSection1"><p class=3D"Ms=
oNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D">Assuming everything e=
lse (timing, carburation) is set, do you have an electric fan?&nbsp; My TR3 r=
uns on if the fan is still on when I turn the ignition off.<o:p></o:p></span=
et</a></span><br></div></div></div></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><d=
iv dir=3D"ltr"><span>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">triumphs@=
autox.team.net</a> **</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href=3D"ht=
tp://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br=
><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs">http://ww=
w.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a> &nbsp;<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archi=
ve">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubsc=
ribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/gdhug=
[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/gdhuggins=
@genfiniti.com</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-FBB8AC5F-AD94-45EA-8578-FA6F6C9E0129--

--===============3733891877977795303==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3733891877977795303==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:54:49 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2733069208482804738==
 boundary="------------2638AFAC9DE3F610AF99D37A"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------2638AFAC9DE3F610AF99D37A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The ignition timing deal is more about creating hot spots when the 
engine is running.  Too much advance causes pre-ignition which can cause 
stuff to get hot enough to ignite the fuel.  One source of that could be 
a piece of the head gasket protruding into the combustion chamber.

- Tony

On 2/26/2019 10:14 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Same problem here with the TR3 motor in the Morgan, but not the TR3. 
>  I don’t see how ignition timing could affect it as it is turned off. 
>  I used to hear it was due to carbon buildup continuing to ignite 
> fuel, but that doesn’t fly for a fresh engine.
>
> I’m going to lean the mixture a little and see if that makes any 
> difference.  Till then, Dave’s method of easing the clutch out seems 
> to be the accepted workaround.
>
> Bill
> TS30800L
>
> On Feb 26, 2019, at 8:46 AM, Andrew Uprichard 
>
> Assuming everything else (timing, carburation) is set, do you have an 
> electric fan?  My TR3 runs on if the fan is still on when I turn the 
> ignition off.
>
> Andrew Uprichard
>
> Jackson, Michigan
>
> *From:*Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of 
> *DAVID MASSEY
> *Sent:* Tuesday, February 26, 2019 7:34 AM
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------2638AFAC9DE3F610AF99D37A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>The ignition timing deal is more about creating hot spots when
      the engine is running.  Too much advance causes pre-ignition which
      can cause stuff to get hot enough to ignite the fuel.  One source
      of that could be a piece of the head gasket protruding into the
      combustion chamber.</p>
    <p>- Tony<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/26/2019 10:14 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Same problem here with the TR3 motor in the Morgan, but not the
      TR3.  I don’t see how ignition timing could affect it as it is
      turned off.  I used to hear it was due to carbon buildup
      continuing to ignite fuel, but that doesn’t fly for a fresh
      engine.  
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>I’m going to lean the mixture a little and see if that makes
        any difference.  Till then, Dave’s method of easing the clutch
        out seems to be the accepted workaround.  </div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>Bill</div>
      <div>TS30800L<br>
        <br>
        <div id="AppleMailSignature" dir="ltr">Sent from my DynaTAC
          8000X</div>
        <div dir="ltr"><br>
          On Feb 26, 2019, at 8:46 AM, Andrew Uprichard &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          <br>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr">
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
            charset=UTF-8">
          <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
            medium)">
          <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          <div class="WordSection1">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D">Assuming
                everything else (timing, carburation) is set, do you
                have an electric fan?  My TR3 runs on if the fan is
                still on when I turn the ignition off.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D">Andrew Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D">Jackson, Michigan<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
                Triumphs [<a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]
                <b>On Behalf Of </b>DAVID MASSEY<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 7:34 AM<br>
                <b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>; <a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">First
                  off, congratulations on your win.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Secondly,
                  do what I do.  Put the car in fourth gear and let the
                  clutch out as you switch off.  Be sure to set the
                  brake first.  My TR6 diesels even with the anti-run-on
                  valve.  So does the TR3.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span
style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Dave
                </span><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">-----Original
                  Message-----<br>
                  From: Jim Henningsen &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                  To: 'triumphs' &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                  Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm<br>
                  Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Fresh
                    TR4 engine that does that "dieseling" thing after
                    you turn off the<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">key. 
                    It like it tries to keep running but with a cough
                    and then stops.  The<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">TR6
                    has an anti-run on valve to help with that.  What do
                    I treat on a TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">motor? 
                    P.S.  So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back
                    together stock,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">I
                    won first place in the sports car group at the AACC
                    winter national.  <o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Thanks<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Jim
                    Henningsen<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Ocala,
                    FL<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">61
                    TR3A<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">62
                    TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">75
                    TR6<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">**
                    <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
                    **<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Donate:
                    <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Archive:
                    <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
                    <a href="http://www.team.net/archive"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Unsubscribe/Manage:
                    <a
                      href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr"><span>** <a
              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **</span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
          <span>Archive: <a
              href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
             <a href="http://www.team.net/archive"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------2638AFAC9DE3F610AF99D37A--

--===============2733069208482804738==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2733069208482804738==--

---

From: David P <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:41:55 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6437769475237133178==
 boundary="------------6AA7A1A11E21FC0FC7FB19EB"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------6AA7A1A11E21FC0FC7FB19EB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Incorrect timing, crappy plugs, tired primary wires lead to ... wait for 
it.. carbon buildup. As to fresh engine.. head gaskets aren't what they 
used to be and coming from those tariff

countries sizing has long been an issue to proper fit. Dropping the head 
to the block can be an easily botched process, damaging a new gasket is 
common.. Old wiring harness' frequently leak voltage

all over the cars... generators make voltage as long as they are 
moving... DP  Or... depress the accelerator pedal fully at switch off. 
This will disrupt the air flow over the jet head and may work for some.

---

--------------6AA7A1A11E21FC0FC7FB19EB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <p>Incorrect timing, crappy plugs, tired primary wires lead to ...
      wait for it.. carbon buildup. As to fresh engine.. head gaskets
      aren't what they used to be and coming from those tariff</p>
    <p>countries sizing has long been an issue to proper fit. Dropping
      the head to the block can be an easily botched process, damaging a
      new gasket is common.. Old wiring harness' frequently leak voltage</p>
    <p>all over the cars... generators make voltage as long as they are
      moving... DP  Or... depress the accelerator pedal fully at switch
      off. This will disrupt the air flow over the jet head and may work
      for some.<br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/26/2019 9:14 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>

--------------6AA7A1A11E21FC0FC7FB19EB--

--===============6437769475237133178==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6437769475237133178==--

---

From: "Jim Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 19:02:52 -0500

--===============6896319561456195397==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00F3_01D4CE05.DFE34980"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01D4CE05.DFE34980
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thank you all for the great feedback on the engine run-on.  Will test =
and use the clutch technique until I get it resolved.  Jim

=20

From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of wbeech
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:31 PM
To: 'dave' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine question

=20

Bill B

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

Dave=20

=20

=20

-----Original Message-----

Thanks

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

=20

61 TR3A

62 TR4

75 TR6

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01D4CE05.DFE34980
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thank you all for the great feedback on the engine =
run-on.=C2=A0 Will test and use the clutch technique until I get it =
resolved.=C2=A0 Jim<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>wbeech<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:31 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> 'dave' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine =
question<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Good advice Dave, I will upgrade the gasoline =
for this car.&nbsp; I know Barney, the MGA Guru, good guy that knows his =
stuff, lots of very helpful info and test procedures on his =
site.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Triumphs [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:triumphs-bounces@a=
utox.team.net</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>dave<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, =
February 26, 2019 9:21 AM<br><b>To:</b> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><b=
>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01D4CE05.DFE34980--

--===============6896319561456195397==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6896319561456195397==--

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 19:04:32 -0500

--===============3465445210700380623==

--000000000000ca474d0582d4eb8e

+1 on hot spots.

I rounded the sharp edge on the Tr4 head when I rebuilt it a few winters
ago.  My buddy Paul swears it can glow red hot and lead to diesling.

--000000000000ca474d0582d4eb8e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto">+1 o=
n hot spots.</div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto"><br>=
</div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto">I rounded the sh=
arp edge on the Tr4 head when I rebuilt it a few winters ago.=C2=A0 My budd=
y Paul swears it can glow red hot and lead to diesling.=C2=A0</div><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" dir=3D"auto"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"=
margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
</blockquote></div></div>

--000000000000ca474d0582d4eb8e--

--===============3465445210700380623==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3465445210700380623==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 21:10:23 -0800

>   I don't see how ignition timing could affect it as 
> it is turned off. 

'Dieseling' is called that because it results from the fuel/air mixture
getting hot enough to burn without a spark.

Running with late timing at idle means the throttle is open farther (for the
same idle rpm), so more fuel/air gets sucked into the cylinder and gets
heated more from being compressed.

That's why the cars with vacuum retard (ie late timing at idle) came
equipped with the anti-runon solenoid. 

Carbon can start to build up almost instantly if the mixture is way too
rich.  Wear in the carb jets & needles can cause the mixture to be rich at
idle even when it's OK at higher rpm.

The fan problem can be solved with a diode (so power generated by the fan
motor can't feed back into the ignition circuit) or a relay (ditto).

Some electronic ignitions are sensitive to the small amount of current that
flows backwards through the ignition warning lamp.  A diode will fix that
too. (My MSD 6A came with the diode in the box and instructions on how to
install it).

Long time ago, I had a summer job driving tractor (mostly towing wagonloads
of potatoes from the field back to the shed for processing).  One of the
things I discovered was that the tractor engine would almost always do
something interesting if I shut the ignition off with the throttle open.  My
favorite was when it started running backwards.  But it was also
entertaining when the engine stopped, but the fuel/air in the exhaust
manifold would light from the heat. Big bang then a pretty blue smoke ring
drifting away.

Also discovered the drainage ditches beside the potato fields were covered
with hemp plants.  Had some little trees too, made a good place to eat my
lunch <g>

-- Randall

---

From: David P <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 07:42:10 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2324994979584425982==
 boundary="------------CB727BFBB73295B7C07A21BA"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------CB727BFBB73295B7C07A21BA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

hope you try flooring the gas pedal at switch off too, might work and 
won't put stress on the drive train components...dp

On 2/26/2019 5:02 PM, Jim Henningsen wrote:
>
> Thank you all for the great feedback on the engine run-on.  Will test 
> *From:* Triumphs <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *wbeech
> *Sent:* Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:31 PM
> *To:* 'dave' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
> Good advice Dave, I will upgrade the gasoline for this car.  I know 
> Barney, the MGA Guru, good guy that knows his stuff, lots of very 
> *From:* Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf 
> Of *dave
> *Sent:* Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:21 AM
> *From:* Triumphs <[email-masked] 
> key It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and then stops.  The
>

---

--------------CB727BFBB73295B7C07A21BA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>hope you try flooring the gas pedal at switch off too, might work
      and won't put stress on the drive train components...dp<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/26/2019 5:02 PM, Jim Henningsen
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Thank you all for the great feedback on the
          engine run-on.  Will test and use the clutch technique until I
          get it resolved.  Jim<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of </b>wbeech<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:31 PM<br>
              <b>To:</b> 'dave' <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>;
              <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Good advice
            Dave, I will upgrade the gasoline for this car.  I know
            Barney, the MGA Guru, good guy that knows his stuff, lots of
            very helpful info and test procedures on his site.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs [<a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]
              <b>On Behalf Of </b>dave<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:21 AM<br>
              <b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I am by no means the best mechanic, but I
          can tell you this advice is just wrong.  You are band aiding
          the problem.  I would try a higher grade gas, or maybe even
          just getting out on the freeway and trying to burn off the
          carbon deposits.  Possibly retarding or advancing the timing? 
          These cars don’t necessarily do that, and if yours does there
          is a solution.  <o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Here is a guy who knows what he’s talking
          about:  <a href="http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm</a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Its not a Triumph, but it’s the same
          concept<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          <b>On Behalf Of </b>DAVID MASSEY<br>
          <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:34 AM<br>
          <b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>; <a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">First
              off, congratulations on your win.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Secondly,
              do what I do.  Put the car in fourth gear and let the
              clutch out as you switch off.  Be sure to set the brake
              first.  My TR6 diesels even with the anti-run-on valve. 
              So does the TR3.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span
style="font-size:13.5pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Dave
            </span><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">-----Original
              Message-----<br>
              From: Jim Henningsen &lt;<a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
              To: 'triumphs' &lt;<a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
              Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm<br>
              Subject: [TR] TR4 engine question<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Fresh
                TR4 engine that does that "dieseling" thing after you
                turn off the<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">key 
                It like it tries to keep running but with a cough and
                then stops.  The<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">TR6
                has an anti-run on valve to help with that.  What do I
                treat on a TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">motor? 
                P.S.  So proud that after 8 years putting my 4 back
                together stock,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I
                won first place in the sports car group at the AACC
                winter national.  <o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Thanks<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Jim
                Henningsen<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Ocala,
                FL<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">61
                TR3A<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">62
                TR4<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">75
                TR6<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">**
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> **<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Donate:
                <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Archive:
                <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
                <a href="http://www.team.net/archive"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Unsubscribe/Manage:
                <a
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

</pre>
    </blockquote>

--------------CB727BFBB73295B7C07A21BA--

--===============2324994979584425982==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2324994979584425982==--