Subject: Re: [TR] Just Curious - Very Late Posting to Triumph Digest

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:56:23 -0700

What a coincidence, I just sent this out to another list moments before 
I got your question.  When I get behind on dealing with held messages 
waiting for my approval, some can sit for weeks before I act upon them.  
But I just finished up going through a bunch of them, no more triumphs 
list messages waiting.  Still 393 for about 10 other lists waiting, the 
oldest about 3 weeks.  Team Net is something I do part time when I get 
to it, I try not to get too far behind, but sometimes that's the way it 
goes.  My apologies.  Sometimes I am amazed it has lasted for nearly 3 
decades with such a scatterbrained procrastinator like myself as the man 
behind the curtain.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	"too many recipients" delays
Date: 	Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:42:59 -0700
From: 	Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

If a messgae to a list has 5 or more addresses in the 'From: ' field it 
gets held for my review.  The Feb. 12th message about the Hall of Fame 
which I just approved had 5.

The reason for this restriction is that a lot of spam that comes from a 
hijacked email address will have a long list of targets. The hijacked 
address is on the list, so it passes the membership test.  I did 
recently have one such message go through to the NOBBC list, and one to 
the datsun-roadsters list, but it is rare they get through.  Guys like 
me who just do the lists as a part time thing have trouble keeping up 
with all the latest tricks that bad guys have for getting their spam 
through the system, but in general you rarely see spam coming through 
the Team Net server undetected.  And speaking of the server, the 
unofficial fund drive drive for a new one has netted $192.75 from 5 
different contributors thus far.  I have yet to receive any paper 
checks, so far just Paypal contributions.

And I can say that as of the moment there are no further held messages 
for the healeys list in the queue, I have gotten through them all.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

mjb.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]