Subject: [TR] I'm in love with my car

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:56:03 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8221774209798217765==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D4C150.BF0B99E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D4C150.BF0B99E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

While finishing off an engine rebuild on one of my TR3s I heard "I'm in love
with my car" by Queen.  Although I remembered it from years ago, I thought
"what a cool song", especially the line "it's a disease, man"

So I looked it up.  What do you know - it was inspired by one of the band's
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_crew> roadies, Johnathan Harris, whose
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_TR4> Triumph TR4 was evidently the
"love of his life".

These cars have their personalities, and can certainly drive you to drink on
occasions.  But when all is said and done, there is no doubt that an
affection grows for these aging pieces of British engineering.  Love?  Not
sure, but when after a complete rebuild my car fired right up, great oil
pressure, great idle, I patted it on the fender and thanked it.

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D4C150.BF0B99E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>While =
finishing off an engine rebuild on one of my TR3s I heard =
&#8220;I&#8217;m in love with my car&#8221; by Queen.&nbsp; Although I =
remembered it from years ago, I thought &#8220;what a cool song&#8221;, =
especially the line &#8220;it&#8217;s a disease, =
man&#8221;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>So I looked =
it up.&nbsp; What do you know &#8211; it was inspired <span =
style=3D'background:white'>by one of the band's&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_crew" title=3D"Road =
crew"><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext;background:white;text-decoration:none'>roadies<=
/span></a><span style=3D'background:white'>, Johnathan Harris, =
whose&nbsp;</span><a href=3D"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_TR4" =
title=3D"Triumph TR4"><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext;background:white;text-decoration:none'>Triumph =
TR4</span></a><span style=3D'background:white'>&nbsp;was evidently the =
&#8220;love of his life&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></span></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";background:whi=
te'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";background:whi=
te'>These cars have their personalities, and can certainly drive you to =
drink on occasions.&nbsp; But when all is said and done, there is no =
doubt that an affection grows for these aging pieces of British =
engineering.&nbsp; Love?&nbsp; Not sure, but when after a complete =
rebuild my car fired right up, great oil pressure, great idle, I patted =
it on the fender and thanked it.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";background:whi=
te'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";background:whi=
te'>Andrew Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";background:whi=
te'>Jackson, Michigan</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'><o:p></o:p></=
span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D4C150.BF0B99E0--

--===============8221774209798217765==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8221774209798217765==--