Subject: [TR] seat webbing

From: Q <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:53:21 -0800

Contact cement is not good for this application as it never really 
hardens and will creep under load.  Most of the webbing I have seen was 
secured buy a large metal staple, essentially a piece of 1/16" wire/rod 
pressed through the rubber and then thorough a metal strap, and folder 
over.

Here is the Rimmers listing

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GAC6120X

There is not much loading on these straps  and I have never seen one 
that failed.

Rimmer uses a single hook type for most of their later model seat kits, 
including the Stag seat.  These have the hook simply placed and the 
strap end looped and then sew to secure it.  I am sure that any good 
quality sewing machine would do this or, if none available, go see a 
local upholsterer.

I think TRF is selling webbing now, at least for TR seats.  You might 
ask if they will sell it to you by the foot with whatever fasteners they 
use.

Most of the straps I have seen have very little stretch as they are 
embedded with threads/webbing much like a V-Belt.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive