Subject: [TR] Rubber adhesive remover

From: John T Nichols <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:53:43 -0500

I need to replace the hardened rubber weatherstripping on the TR3's boot 
lid. What do you use to get off the old hardened weatherstripping 
adhesive? I dimly recall that I used a 3M adhesive to apply the current 
weatherstripping.

John T. Nichols
'58 TR3A TS32094L O
'86 TVR 280i

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:38:46 GMT

--===============9123342593680375440==

----__JWM__J1687a33.296f4351S.422ef284M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

 Not sure if this is exactly the same stuff or nothttps://www.uline.com/=
Product/Detail/S-19595/Adhesives-Glue-Epoxy/3M-08984-General-Purpose-Adh=
esive-Cleaner-1-Quart?pricode=3DWY489&gadtype=3Dpla&id=3DS-19595&gclid=3D=
CMvQ0sattdACFRAkgQodzloMhg&gclsrc=3Daw.ds I expect you could find it at =
a dedicated paint supply store. Matt   =

 [email-masked] wrote:
Has anyone bought any of this lately? It used to be a common sight in an=
y FLAPS, but I haven't seen it for a long time. It used to come in a rec=
tangular can with a plastic squirter spout (scotch) taped to the can. Th=
en the spout disappearwd, and now I can't find it anywhere. It really wo=
rks! From: "Patrick Baize" <[email-masked]>

Ive used 3M's adhesive remover with good results, wont hurt paint
 
----__JWM__J1687a33.296f4351S.422ef284M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Not sure if this is exactly the same stuff or not</div>
<div><a href=3D"https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-19595/Adhesives-G=
lue-Epoxy/3M-08984-General-Purpose-Adhesive-Cleaner-1-Quart?pricode=3DWY=
489&amp;gadtype=3Dpla&amp;id=3DS-19595&amp;gclid=3DCMvQ0sattdACFRAkgQodz=
loMhg&amp;gclsrc=3Daw.ds">https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-19595/A=
dhesives-Glue-Epoxy/3M-08984-General-Purpose-Adhesive-Cleaner-1-Quart?pr=
icode=3DWY489&amp;gadtype=3Dpla&amp;id=3DS-19595&amp;gclid=3DCMvQ0sattdA=
CFRAkgQodzloMhg&amp;gclsrc=3Daw.ds</a></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I expect you could find it at a dedicated paint supply store.</div>=

<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Matt</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><br><br>&nbsp;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">pdqtr6@comcast.=
net</a>&nbsp;wrote:</div>
<div><br>Has anyone bought any of this lately? It used to be a common si=
ght in any FLAPS, but I haven't seen it for a long time. It used to come=
 in a rectangular can with a plastic squirter spout (scotch) taped to th=
e can. Then the spout disappearwd, and now I can't find it anywhere. It =
<em>really</em> works!</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<hr id=3D"zwchr">
<div style=3D"color: #000; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; text=
-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 1=
2pt;"><strong>From: </strong>"Patrick Baize" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<=
br><br>Ive used 3M's adhesive remover with good results, wont hurt paint=
<br>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div></html>

----__JWM__J1687a33.296f4351S.422ef284M--

--===============9123342593680375440==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============9123342593680375440==--

---

From: pdqtr6 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:45:37 -0500

--===============8021332648982390071==

----_com.android.email_11084414800440
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_11084414800440
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_11084414800440--

--===============8021332648982390071==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8021332648982390071==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:38:56 -0800

Appears to also be available in single quarts on Amazon.
https://goo.gl/i5zRU9

-- Randall 

> Not sure if this is exactly the same stuff or not
> https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-19595/Adhesives-Glue-Epoxy/3M-
> 08984-General-Purpose-Adhesive-Cleaner-1-
> Quart?pricode=WY489&gadtype=pla&id=S-
> 19595&gclid=CMvQ0sattdACFRAkgQodzloMhg&gclsrc=aw.ds
>