Subject: [TR] Non TR - XK8's and Boxsters

From: "Bill Brewer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 07:47:49 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4541012319918495914==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0051_01D24627.0EC90690"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01D24627.0EC90690
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

     I periodically think about what will be the next classic, the car I
should have bought at the bottom of the depreciation cycle. Lots of things I
wanted to buy in the past have shot or are shooting out of my range. I
remember looking at Aston Martin DB4's for under $20K and Ferrari 250GT's
for around $40K. I had a friend pick up a 246 Dino that was like new for
$23K in 1989.

     I have been watching Jag XK8 prices and Porsche Boxster prices and am
amazed at how low they are getting. Clean Jags are around 8 or $10K and
Boxsters are going for between 6 and $10K. I know that the Jags have timing
tensioner issues and Nikasil cylinder coating problems that pop up at about
80,000 miles and that appears to be about the time people try to sell them.
What about Boxsters? Lots of them are for sale with about 100,000 miles on
them. Are they ticking time bombs on maintenance? Do any listers have
experiences with XK8's or Boxsters as their "real" car?

     My current work car is giving up the ghost and the wife wants me to buy
a newer car, preferably an almost new Mazda 6 GT. Me being me, I have been
looking at Lotus Elises, Lotus Elan +2's, AM DB7's, Jag XK8's and Boxsters.

     What do you think?

     Happy Thanksgiving,

     -Bill in Tehachapi

     1952 Triumph Renown

     1953 Morgan +4 Flat Rad

     1960 TR3A

     1974 TR6

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01D24627.0EC90690
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><font =
size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I periodically think =
about what will be the next classic, the car I should have bought at the =
bottom of the depreciation cycle. Lots of things I wanted to buy in the =
past have shot or are shooting out of my range. I remember looking at =
Aston Martin DB4&#8217;s for under $20K and Ferrari 250GT&#8217;s for =
around $40K. I had a friend pick up a 246 Dino that was like new for =
$23K in 1989.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><font =
size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have been watching =
Jag XK8 prices and Porsche Boxster prices and am amazed at how low they =
are getting. Clean Jags are around 8 or $10K and Boxsters are going for =
between 6 and $10K. I know that the Jags have timing tensioner issues =
and Nikasil cylinder coating problems that pop up at about 80,000 miles =
and that appears to be about the time people try to sell them. What =
about Boxsters? Lots of them are for sale with about 100,000 miles on =
them. Are they ticking time bombs on maintenance? Do any listers have =
experiences with XK8&#8217;s or Boxsters as their &#8220;real&#8221; =
car?<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 =
face=3DCalibri><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
My current work car is giving up the ghost and the wife wants me to buy =
a newer car, preferably an almost new Mazda 6 GT. Me being me, I have =
been looking at Lotus Elises, Lotus Elan +2&#8217;s, AM DB7&#8217;s, Jag =
XK8&#8217;s and Boxsters&#8230;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; What do you =
think?<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 =
face=3DCalibri><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Happy Thanksgiving,<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -Bill in =
Tehachapi<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><font =
size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1952 Triumph =
Renown<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 =
face=3DCalibri><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
1953 Morgan +4 Flat Rad<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1960 =
TR3A<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 =
face=3DCalibri><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
1974 TR6<o:p></o:p></span></font></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0051_01D24627.0EC90690--

--===============4541012319918495914==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4541012319918495914==--