Subject: [TR] TR3 10" rear brakes

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 17:31:26 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6855818640381006040==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00D6_01D22AF7.C9B2E980"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00D6_01D22AF7.C9B2E980
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have always dealt with 9" rear brakes, so help me out here:

The smaller brakes have a pin which comes through the shoes and is held in
place with a clip.  The 10" set-up appears to have a pin which screws in
from the outside and is secured with a nut.  Does this pin abut against the
shoe or should it go through ?

And while I am at it, what is the purpose of the hole in the drum?  Air
flow?  Cooling?  Access?

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, MI

------=_NextPart_000_00D6_01D22AF7.C9B2E980
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
always dealt with 9&#8221; rear brakes, so help me out =
here:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The smaller brakes have a pin which comes through the =
shoes and is held in place with a clip.&nbsp; The 10&#8221; set-up =
appears to have a pin which screws in from the outside and is secured =
with a nut.&nbsp; Does this pin abut against the shoe or should it go =
through ?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>And while I am at it, what is the purpose of the hole =
in the drum?&nbsp; Air flow?&nbsp; Cooling?&nbsp; Access?<br><br>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jackson, =
MI<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00D6_01D22AF7.C9B2E980--

--===============6855818640381006040==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6855818640381006040==--