Subject: [TR] A so-called 'Design Study'?

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 15:15:02 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00B5_01D226F6.E7266870"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01D226F6.E7266870
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'm not much good at attaching pictures to files so maybe this won't go
through?
As we all know, BMW now owns both the Riley and Triumph names and the
manufacturing rights. It also owns what was once known in the UK as Rolls
Royce (Car Division) and since it passed into BMW ownership, the company has
been producing a so-called Rolls Royce car which has about as much visual
appeal as any of the WW2 concrete German blockhouses still found throughout
the north coast of France as part of Adolf Hitler's much acclaimed 'Atlantic
Wall'.
This latest design study (pic attached - hopefully) to emerge from the Land
of the Hun (or even from the UK based rolls Royce factory) defies belief
that the former 'grace' of line that was (nearly always) the hallmark of
this erstwhile British company, has clearly gone for ever. 
If BMW in its infinite wisdom ever decides to resurrect either/and/or the
Riley and Triumph names and launches car that are so tasteless and abhorrent
as what it's played around with for Rolls Royce, we can all be certain that
the once noble names of Riley, Rolls Royce and Triumph will have been
prostituted for ever. But in my view there's nothing coming out of Audi,
Benz, BMW or VW that called ever be called visually pleasing and that's why
I've made it clear that when I die, I'd be far happier to be taken to church
in a wheelbarrow or pulled on a horse drawn farm cart than ever be put in a
hearse that has German origins. 

Jonmac

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01D226F6.E7266870
	name="Rolls Royce design study.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Rolls Royce design study.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01D226F6.E7266870
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01D226F6.E7266870--