Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

From: "Dennis Culligan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 08:33:48 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5509836092584406730==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1EBCF.6D3013C0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1EBCF.6D3013C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Stan Foster <[email-masked]> wrote:

>That's great Dennis, nice looking and sounding TR6 with some added HP too.
Can you share how this came about and what happened on the >day ?

Stan - 

  First off, thanks.  Jerry was not quite correct on the HP - It's been
increased but the car is nowhere near 150HP - more like 120-125. 

The whole story is too long for here but his production assistants get a
list of cars that Jerry would like to drive and they go out and find them.
They contacted our car club - The Brits of the Hudson - and said they were
looking for a TR6.  A bunch of us sent in pictures and Jerry chose my car,
most likely due to the rare color. Mine was one of the first shows they
filmed and they had no idea how long it would take so they rented my car for
3 days @ $700/day plus expenses (getting the car to NY, taking the train
home, etc). I dropped it off at the Red Ball Garage in New York City on a
Sunday afternoon in March of 2012 and went back down and picked it up on
Wednesday.  They had put about 75 miles on the car driving it around
Manhattan and Brooklyn. I never got to meet Mr. Seinfeld but did later
receive a picture of him driving my car and a nice personal autograph. I've
heard horror stories about people lending their cars for movies and getting
them back much worse for wear but my car was returned to me in pristine
condition. The production company has contacted me a few times since looking
for other cars.    

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1EBCF.6D3013C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.5pt;
	font-family:Consolas;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:Consolas;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoPlainText>Stan =
Foster &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt;That's great Dennis, =
nice looking and sounding TR6 with some added HP too. Can you share how =
this came about and what happened on the &gt;day ?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>Stan =
&#8211; <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp;First off, =
thanks.&nbsp; Jerry was not quite correct on the HP &#8211; It&#8217;s =
been increased but the car is nowhere near 150HP &#8211; more like =
120-125. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>The whole story is too =
long for here but his production assistants get a list of cars that =
Jerry would like to drive and they go out and find them.&nbsp; They =
contacted our car club &#8211; The Brits of the Hudson &#8211; and said =
they were looking for a TR6.&nbsp; A bunch of us sent in pictures and =
Jerry chose my car, most likely due to the rare color. Mine was one of =
the first shows they filmed and they had no idea how long it would take =
so they rented my car for 3 days @ $700/day plus expenses (getting the =
car to NY, taking the train home, etc). I dropped it off at the Red Ball =
Garage in New York City on a Sunday afternoon in March of 2012 and went =
back down and picked it up on Wednesday.&nbsp; They had put about 75 =
miles on the car driving it around Manhattan and Brooklyn. I never got =
to meet Mr. Seinfeld but did later receive a picture of him driving my =
car and a nice personal autograph. I&#8217;ve heard horror stories about =
people lending their cars for movies and getting them back much worse =
for wear but my car was returned to me in pristine condition. The =
production company has contacted me a few times since looking for other =
cars. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1EBCF.6D3013C0--

--===============5509836092584406730==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5509836092584406730==--