Subject: [TR] Stag quit at speed

From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 19:53:58 -0700

--===============0970662814255946029==

--001a113cfc3a506814053aa02b96

Thanks for all your good comments.

I think that both battery and alternator are bad.  Charged the battery to
12.6, started the car, then watched the battery voltage slowly ebb until
below 10. Turned the car off, and not enough juice to restart. So, I'm
wondering how the car has started and run short distances before the
highway stoppage, and guessing that it was always running on the battery.
All that work without the alternator working turned it to toast.

I'll pull the battery tomorrow and get it tested.  Then, with a new one,
again test the alternator....and check all grounds and connections.

With that fixed, and with my new sharp 4 points alignment, I'll be on the
road!

John

--001a113cfc3a506814053aa02b96
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div>Thanks for all your good comments.<br>=
<br></div>I think that both battery and alternator are bad.=C2=A0 Charged t=
he battery to 12.6, started the car, then watched the battery voltage slowl=
y ebb until below 10. Turned the car off, and not enough juice to restart. =
So, I&#39;m wondering how the car has started and run short distances befor=
e the highway stoppage, and guessing that it was always running on the batt=
ery.=C2=A0 All that work without the alternator working turned it to toast.=
 <br><br></div>I&#39;ll pull the battery tomorrow and get it tested.=C2=A0 =
Then, with a new one, again test the alternator....and check all grounds an=
d connections. <br><br></div>With that fixed, and with my new sharp 4 point=
s alignment, I&#39;ll be on the road!=C2=A0 <br><br></div>John<br><div><div=
><div><div><div><br><br><br><br><br></div></div></div></div></div></div>

--001a113cfc3a506814053aa02b96--

--===============0970662814255946029==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0970662814255946029==--