Subject: [TR] Twisting wire onto rubber bits

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 21:18:16 -0400

All this talk of heavy wire has reminded me that I wanted to pass something
along.  I saw this tool demonstrated live by a happy user (not a salesman
for the device) and saw a repair done using the device.  It makes wire
clamps out of straight pieces of wire that are works of art.

http://tinyurl.com/jaef4ev

It's called the Clamptite.  According to one seller, 

"Clamp anything, any size, any shape, anywhere with this handy tool

Repairs leaky hoses, broken pipes, gates and more in just seconds

With this handy hose clamp maker, you can make repairs right on the spot.
Clamps can be made to fit any shape and are stronger than steel. The plated
clamptite tool is very strong and durable - wire (sold separately) is
stainless steel so your clamps won't rust. USA made."

Funny that they say it is stronger than steel since the wire used is steel
but it would be stronger than a single steel wire, I would think.

Ron L

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Keith Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:41:29 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron L'Herault [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: August 22, 2016 9:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Twisting wire onto rubber bits

Ron L
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
For our Canadian colleagues, that same tool is available from Lee Valley for
$39.50.

Keith Stewart
[email-masked]