Subject: [TR] TR4 Rear Axle Question

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 11:49:03 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7578038441416246146==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0095_01D1FBA2.049878B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D1FBA2.049878B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

List:

I am finishing up the complete rebuild of my TR4 rear axle (rigid axle).
How do you put on a new rear axle buffer.  I will have the axles out of the
tube but there is still a sizeable end flange on the tube to slip over.  Is
the technique to heat the rubber buffer up and stretch it over?  

Thanks,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

62 TR4

75 TR6

73 Jag XKE

75 Celica

81 Supra (with 23,0000 orig miles)

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D1FBA2.049878B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>List:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am =
finishing up the complete rebuild of my TR4 rear axle (rigid =
axle).&nbsp; How do you put on a new rear axle buffer.&nbsp; I will have =
the axles out of the tube but there is still a sizeable end flange on =
the tube to slip over.&nbsp; Is the technique to heat the rubber buffer =
up and stretch it over?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jim =
Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala, FL<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>62 TR4<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>75 =
TR6<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>73 Jag XKE<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>75 Celica<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>81 Supra =
(with 23,0000 orig miles)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D1FBA2.049878B0--

--===============7578038441416246146==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7578038441416246146==--