Subject: [TR] TR3A tranny cover carpet

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 12:31:15 -0500

--===============7790674616203016134==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-2BEB2D6A-5BBC-4AE4-A34B-CB4853C31CEE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-2BEB2D6A-5BBC-4AE4-A34B-CB4853C31CEE
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Sent from my UNIVAC

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bill Beecher <[email-masked]>
Date: August 9, 2016 at 12:29:22 PM CDT
Subject: TR3A tranny cover carpet

Trying to neatly install the TRF supplied carpet on transmission tunnel.  I w=
ant to use the snaps for easy removal to check the trans oil and u-joint as p=
rovided.  But, it doesn't want to lay smooth and flat. =20

Has anyone used padding before on the tunnel?  If so, what kind?  This guy h=
ad a few scraps of carpet pad scattered about on the cover, I should think a=
 full smooth pad would be called for.  How thick is too thick?

Many thanks,
Bill B
TS30800L

Sent from my UNIVAC=

--Apple-Mail-2BEB2D6A-5BBC-4AE4-A34B-CB4853C31CEE
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div><br><br>Sent from my&nbsp;<span style=3D=
"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">UNIVAC</span></div><div><br>Begi=
n forwarded message:<br><br></div><div><b>From:</b> Bill Beecher &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b>Date=
:</b> August 9, 2016 at 12:29:22 PM CDT<br><b>Subject:</b> <b>TR3A tranny co=
ver carpet</b><br><br></div><div><span>Trying to neatly install the TRF supp=
lied carpet on transmission tunnel. &nbsp;I want to use the snaps for easy r=
emoval to check the trans oil and u-joint as provided. &nbsp;But, it doesn't=
 want to lay smooth and flat. &nbsp;</span><br><span></span><br><span>Has an=
yone used padding before on the tunnel? &nbsp;If so, what kind? &nbsp;This g=
uy had a few scraps of carpet pad scattered about on the cover, I should thi=
nk a full smooth pad would be called for. &nbsp;How thick is too thick?</spa=
n><br><span></span><br><span>Many thanks,</span><br><span>Bill B</span><br><=
span>TS30800L</span><br><span></span><br><span>Sent from my UNIVAC</span></d=
iv></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-2BEB2D6A-5BBC-4AE4-A34B-CB4853C31CEE--

--===============7790674616203016134==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7790674616203016134==--

---

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 20:05:02 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2805111558431829477==
 boundary="------------63744CEAADC2991539AAF6F3"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------63744CEAADC2991539AAF6F3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

use a steamer..

daveP

On 8/9/2016 11:31 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>
> Sent from my UNIVAC
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From:* Bill Beecher <[email-masked] 
> *Date:* August 9, 2016 at 12:29:22 PM CDT
> *Subject:* *TR3A tranny cover carpet*
>
> Trying to neatly install the TRF supplied carpet on transmission 
> tunnel.  I want to use the snaps for easy removal to check the trans 
> oil and u-joint as provided.  But, it doesn't want to lay smooth and 
> flat.
>
> Has anyone used padding before on the tunnel?  If so, what kind?  This 
> guy had a few scraps of carpet pad scattered about on the cover, I 
> should think a full smooth pad would be called for.  How thick is too 
> thick?
>
> Many thanks,
> Bill B
> TS30800L
>
> Sent from my UNIVAC
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------63744CEAADC2991539AAF6F3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>use a steamer..</p>
    <p>daveP<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/9/2016 11:31 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <div><br>
        <br>
        Sent from my <span style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255,
          0);">UNIVAC</span></div>
      <div><br>
        Begin forwarded message:<br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <div><b>From:</b> Bill Beecher &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
        <b>Date:</b> August 9, 2016 at 12:29:22 PM CDT<br>
        <b>Subject:</b> <b>TR3A tranny cover carpet</b><br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <div><span>Trying to neatly install the TRF supplied carpet on
          transmission tunnel.  I want to use the snaps for easy removal
          to check the trans oil and u-joint as provided.  But, it
          doesn't want to lay smooth and flat.  </span><br>
        <span></span><br>
        <span>Has anyone used padding before on the tunnel?  If so, what
          kind?  This guy had a few scraps of carpet pad scattered about
          on the cover, I should think a full smooth pad would be called
          for.  How thick is too thick?</span><br>
        <span></span><br>
        <span>Many thanks,</span><br>
        <span>Bill B</span><br>
        <span>TS30800L</span><br>
        <span></span><br>
        <span>Sent from my UNIVAC</span></div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.porterbikes.com/">www.porterbikes.com/</a>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------63744CEAADC2991539AAF6F3--

--===============2805111558431829477==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2805111558431829477==--

---

From: Bud Rolofson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 20:06:11 -0600

--===============4656946712353013542==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	boundary=Apple-Mail-EDDAD3DA-470A-4BCA-9988-DB2BCD7112EB

--Apple-Mail-EDDAD3DA-470A-4BCA-9988-DB2BCD7112EB
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On the tunnel and the rest of the tub I used foil covered HVAC bubble wrap f=
rom Home Depot. No padding. Carpet on top of the wrap. Cooler and quieter fo=
r many road trips. Oh did I mention it's cheap too? And it doesn't act like a=
 sponge if things get wet in the tub.
Bud

Sent from my Commodore 64

> On Aug 9, 2016, at 11:31 AM, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Sent from my UNIVAC
>=20
> Begin forwarded message:
>=20
>=20
> Trying to neatly install the TRF supplied carpet on transmission tunnel.  I=
 want to use the snaps for easy removal to check the trans oil and u-joint a=
s provided.  But, it doesn't want to lay smooth and flat. =20
>=20
> Has anyone used padding before on the tunnel?  If so, what kind?  This guy=
 had a few scraps of carpet pad scattered about on the cover, I should think=
 a full smooth pad would be called for.  How thick is too thick?
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/levilev=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-EDDAD3DA-470A-4BCA-9988-DB2BCD7112EB
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div>On the tunnel and the rest of the tub I=
 used foil covered HVAC bubble wrap from Home Depot. No padding. Carpet on t=
op of the wrap. Cooler and quieter for many road trips. Oh did I mention it'=
s cheap too? And it doesn't act like a sponge if things get wet in the tub.<=
/div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">Bud</div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">=
<br>Sent from my Commodore 64</div><div><br>On Aug 9, 2016, at 11:31 AM, <a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:w=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote ty=
pe=3D"cite"><div><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; cha=
rset=3Dutf-8"><div><br><br>Sent from my&nbsp;<span style=3D"background-color=
: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">UNIVAC</span></div><div><br>Begin forwarded messa=
ge:<br><br></div><div><b>From:</b> Bill Beecher &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bill_b=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b>Date:</b> August 9, 2=
016 at 12:29:22 PM CDT<br><b>Subject:</b> <b>TR3A tranny cover carpet</b><br=
><br></div><div><span>Trying to neatly install the TRF supplied carpet on tr=
ansmission tunnel. &nbsp;I want to use the snaps for easy removal to check t=
he trans oil and u-joint as provided. &nbsp;But, it doesn't want to lay smoo=
th and flat. &nbsp;</span><br><span></span><br><span>Has anyone used padding=
 before on the tunnel? &nbsp;If so, what kind? &nbsp;This guy had a few scra=
ps of carpet pad scattered about on the cover, I should think a full smooth p=
ad would be called for. &nbsp;How thick is too thick?</span><br><span></span=
><br><span>Many thanks,</span><br><span>Bill B</span><br><span>TS30800L</spa=
n><br><span></span><br><span>Sent from my UNIVAC</span></div></div></blockqu=
ote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><span></span><br><span>** <a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **</span><br><span><=
/span><br><span>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://w=
ww.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.t=
eam.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br>=
<span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/t=
riumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs=
/[email-masked]</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-EDDAD3DA-470A-4BCA-9988-DB2BCD7112EB--

--===============4656946712353013542==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4656946712353013542==--