Subject: [TR] Leave the crank in the boot

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 08:51:15 -0500

Noting the birthday of Charles Kettering (1876-1978) today, inventor of the electric starter.   Among his many quotes I especially like "You will never stub your toe standing still."

Bill B
TS30800L

Sent from my Altair 8800

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:06:38 -0700

> Curiosity bids me ask, was Mr. Kettering ever married?

According to Wikipedia, yes.  

"Kettering married Olive Williams of Ashland, Ohio, on August 1, 1905.
Their only child, Eugene Williams Kettering, was born on April 20, 1908."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_F._Kettering

Lots of other good stuff in there, worth reading.  For example, I didn't
know that Kettering got a patent on using lead in gasoline or was the first
president of Ethyl corporation.

-- Randall