Subject: Re: [TR] What wiring harness do I need?

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 05:58:02 -0400

The main harness is everything, and the body harness does not include
the engine compartment and some other bits.  If it matters, it's best
to contact the vendor with what you need and see what they recommend.

I assume you are aware that they are on sale at TRF For another few days...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 8:44 PM, Bryan Loy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello the list, I hope everyone is well.  I have some pretty rotten wiring
> on my '71 TR6, and I think I would like to replace it w/all new, and save a
> lot of electrical headaches.
>    My question is this.  What is the difference between a main wiring
> harness and a body wiring harness, besides price?  TIA
> Bryan
> 1971 TR6
>
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jack Mc <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 07:54:14 -0400

The main and body harnesses are both parts of a complete wiring harness. To replace ALL the wiring, you'll need both main and body, or you'll need a "complete" harness - and if the car has overdrive, you'll need an overdrive harness as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the main is everything behind and forward of the dashboard, and body is everything in the body aft of the dashboard.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 25, 2016, at 8:44 PM, Bryan Loy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello the list, I hope everyone is well.  I have some pretty rotten wiring on my '71 TR6, and I think I would like to replace it w/all new, and save a lot of electrical headaches.  
>    My question is this.  What is the difference between a main wiring harness and a body wiring harness, besides price?  TIA
> Bryan
> 1971 TR6
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:28:31 +0000 (UTC)

--===============1316962250517404592==
	boundary="----=_Part_4709798_442713688.1472214511345"

------=_Part_4709798_442713688.1472214511345
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

>From The Roadster Factory's catalog: "Main Wiring Harness, including the wiring for the dash and the front of the car." "Body Wiring Harness; includes the wiring for the rear of the car, from the L.H. front door post back." 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Bryan Loy" <[email-masked]> 
To: "Triumphs" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:44:56 PM 
Subject: [TR] What wiring harness do I need? 

------=_Part_4709798_442713688.1472214511345
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">From The Roadster Factory's catalog: "=
Main Wiring Harness, including the wiring for the dash and the front of the=
 car." "Body Wiring Harness; includes the wiring for the rear of the car, f=
rom the L.H. front door post&nbsp; back." <br></div><div><br></div><hr id=
=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;te=
xt-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;" =
data-mce-style=3D"color: #000; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; tex=
t-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12p=
t;"><b>From: </b>"Bryan Loy" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>To: </=
b>"Triumphs" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Sent: </b>Thursday, Augu=
st 25, 2016 8:44:56 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>[TR] What wiring harness do I nee=
d?<br><div><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Hello the list, I hope everyone is we=
ll.&nbsp; I have some pretty rotten wiring on my '71 TR6, and I think I wou=
ld like to replace it w/all new, and save a lot of electrical headaches. &n=
bsp;<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;My question is this.&nbsp; What is the difference bet=
ween a main wiring harness and a body wiring harness, besides price?&nbsp; =
TIA</div><div>Bryan</div><div>1971 TR6</div></div><br><div><br></div>** tri=
[email-masked] **<br><div><br></div>Donate: http://www.team.net/donat=
e.html<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.n=
et/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triu=
mphs/[email-masked]<br></div><div><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_4709798_442713688.1472214511345--

--===============1316962250517404592==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1316962250517404592==--

---

From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:43:08 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2969859219424886179==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004D_01D1FF75.DEBC6480"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01D1FF75.DEBC6480
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Here is a link to the TRF Green book that shows various harnesses for =
TR6=E2=80=99s.

=20

http://trf.zeni.net/TR6greenbook/36.php=20

=20

Alex Thomson

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Bryan Loy
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] What wiring harness do I need?

=20

Hello the list, I hope everyone is well.  I have some pretty rotten =
wiring on my '71 TR6, and I think I would like to replace it w/all new, =
and save a lot of electrical headaches. =20

   My question is this.  What is the difference between a main wiring =
harness and a body wiring harness, besides price?  TIA

Bryan

1971 TR6

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01D1FF75.DEBC6480
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Here is a link to the TRF Green book that shows various harnesses for =
TR6=E2=80=99s.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><a =
href=3D"http://trf.zeni.net/TR6greenbook/36.php">http://trf.zeni.net/TR6g=
reenbook/36.php</a> <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Alex Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Bryan Loy<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:45 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] What =
wiring harness do I need?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hello =
the list, I hope everyone is well.&nbsp; I have some pretty rotten =
wiring on my '71 TR6, and I think I would like to replace it w/all new, =
and save a lot of electrical headaches. &nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; &nbsp;My question is this.&nbsp; What is the =
difference between a main wiring harness and a body wiring harness, =
besides price?&nbsp; TIA<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Bryan<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>1971 TR6<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004D_01D1FF75.DEBC6480--

--===============2969859219424886179==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2969859219424886179==--