Subject: [TR] ZS Carb Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 11:25:17 -0400

--===============8556248508130549699==

--part1_2ea8b4.1882f723.44b11fd9_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

After doing some engine work, I notice that one of the cards had a small  
leak.  I replaced the bottom float seal.  I doing so, I notice that  the 
float value appeared to be sticking so I replaced it.  I check the  float level 
and it appeared to be the 16-17 mm tolerance listed.  I  reinstalled the 
carb and noticed that the engine was running a  little rough.  I used my 
ColorTune.  It showed the carb was  running lean.  I attempted to adjust the 
mixture but could not get the carb  to run any richer.  My question is: if the 
float was not adjusted  correctly, making the level of fuel in the bowl low, 
could this cause my  inability to adjust the mixture rich??
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Harry Mague
Beavercreek, OH
1973 1/2 TR6

--part1_2ea8b4.1882f723.44b11fd9_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.10586.420"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR:=
 #000000"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dr=
ole_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>&nbsp;=20
<DIV>After doing some engine work, I notice that one of the cards had a sm=
all=20
leak.&nbsp; I replaced the bottom float seal.&nbsp; I doing so, I notice=
 that=20
the float value appeared to be sticking so I replaced it.&nbsp; I check th=
e=20
float level and it appeared to be the 16-17 mm tolerance listed.&nbsp; I=
=20
reinstalled the carb and noticed that&nbsp;the engine was running a=20
little&nbsp;rough.&nbsp; I used&nbsp;my ColorTune.&nbsp; It showed the car=
b was=20
running lean.&nbsp; I attempted to adjust the mixture but could not get th=
e carb=20
to run any richer.&nbsp; My question is: if the float was not adjusted=20
correctly, making the&nbsp;level of fuel in the bowl low, could this cause=
 my=20
inability to adjust the mixture rich??</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance for any suggestion.</DIV>
<DIV>Harry Mague</DIV>
<DIV>Beavercreek, OH</DIV>
<DIV>1973 1/2 TR6</DIV></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>
--part1_2ea8b4.1882f723.44b11fd9_boundary--

--===============8556248508130549699==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8556248508130549699==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 09:02:20 -0500

--===============1448513849203076892==

<html>
<body>
Low float level = lean, but it should still be adjustable.&nbsp; Did you
remove carbs / manifold?&nbsp; A vacuum leak would cause lean
running.<br><br>
Regards, Tony<br><br>
At 10:25 AM 7/8/2016, [email-masked] wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite=""><font size=2>&nbsp; <br>
After doing some engine work, I notice that one of the cards had a small
leak.&nbsp; I replaced the bottom float seal.&nbsp; I doing so, I notice
that the float value appeared to be sticking so I replaced it.&nbsp; I
check the float level and it appeared to be the 16-17 mm tolerance
listed.&nbsp; I reinstalled the carb and noticed that the engine was
running a little rough.&nbsp; I used my ColorTune.&nbsp; It showed the
carb was running lean.&nbsp; I attempted to adjust the mixture but could
not get the carb to run any richer.&nbsp; My question is: if the float
was not adjusted correctly, making the level of fuel in the bowl low,
could this cause my inability to adjust the mixture rich??<br>
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.<br>
Harry Mague<br>
Beavercreek, OH<br>
1973 1/2 TR6<br>
</font><br>
** [email-masked] **<br><br>
Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" eudora="autourl">
Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive" eudora="autourl">
Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums" eudora="autourl">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" eudora="autourl">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
</blockquote></body>
<br>
</html>

--===============1448513849203076892==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1448513849203076892==--