Subject: Re: [TR] O/D update

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 18:51:45 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5940899408415199010==
 boundary="------------CD2CEC21C187F860CB62321B"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------CD2CEC21C187F860CB62321B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Rye.. being what it is.. if the shop has other units, then install one 
of them and save you and them a lot of time and further frustration... 
they keep yours as a core for further examination, though at this point 
I'm sure they are tired of looking for a gremlin..

DaveP

On 6/14/2016 2:17 PM, Rye Livingston wrote:
> Just talked to British Motorsports regarding progress on my OD.  I 
> forwarded all the emails that were sent to me over the weekend, thank 
> you for that input.  Some were pretty basic, some were a lot more 
> detailed and in-depth.  They read through all of them and have already 
> checked everything mentioned more than once, and they will be checking 
> again.
>
> Some he commented were very basic, such as eliminating the solenoid 
> from the system by manually shifting with the lever which they did on 
> day 1, to checking all the pistons, housings, etc for dirt and 
> scratches, which they did on day 2.
>
> If I've got this all correct, trying to take notes on the phone while 
> he was reviewing everything with me, they've replaced the pistons and 
> housings twice. On the pistons there are some that have O-rings and 
> some that have some sort of steel O-rings, not sure if this is on the 
> pump or accumulator, but they've tried both combinations.  They've 
> swapped out springs, shims, check balls, etc.  One note I have here 
> about the accumulator is they've tried two sets of pumps and operating 
> pistons.  Where possible they've replaced everything in a system at 
> least twice.
>
> He mentioned to me a week ago, and someone else mentioned it in an 
> email, if there is any kind of crack or something down in a journal in 
> the casting where it can't be seen, that could be causing the problem. 
>  He's going to check a few more things while the transmission is still 
> in the car, then take it out again and try to rig up some sort of 
> pressure test.
>
> Speaking of pressure test, he mentioned a test they did with about 120 
> psi air into the pumps and all the pistons moving.  Those of you who 
> know about transmissions probably know what that would be.
>
> Anyway, so far no luck finding the problem. Any other ideas let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rye
>
>
>
>
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------CD2CEC21C187F860CB62321B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Rye.. being what it is.. if the shop has other units, then
      install one of them and save you and them a lot of time and
      further frustration... they keep yours as a core for further
      examination, though at this point I'm sure they are tired of
      looking for a gremlin..<br>
    </p>
    <p>DaveP<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/14/2016 2:17 PM, Rye Livingston
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div>Just talked to British Motorsports regarding progress on
        my OD.  I forwarded all the emails that were sent to me over the
        weekend, thank you for that input.  Some were pretty basic, some
        were a lot more detailed and in-depth.  They read through all of
        them and have already checked everything mentioned more than
        once, and they will be checking again.</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div>Some he commented were very basic, such as eliminating the
        solenoid from the system by manually shifting with the lever
        which they did on day 1, to checking all the pistons, housings,
        etc for dirt and scratches, which they did on day 2.</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div>If I've got this all correct, trying to take notes on the
        phone while he was reviewing everything with me, they've
        replaced the pistons and housings twice. On the pistons there
        are some that have O-rings and some that have some sort of steel
        O-rings, not sure if this is on the pump or accumulator, but
        they've tried both combinations.  They've swapped out springs,
        shims, check balls, etc.  One note I have here about the
        accumulator is they've tried two sets of pumps and operating
        pistons.  Where possible they've replaced everything in a system
        at least twice.</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>He mentioned to me a week ago, and someone else mentioned it
        in an email, if there is any kind of crack or something down in
        a journal in the casting where it can't be seen, that could be
        causing the problem.  He's going to check a few more things
        while the transmission is still in the car, then take it out
        again and try to rig up some sort of pressure test.</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div>Speaking of pressure test, he mentioned a test they did with
        about 120 psi air into the pumps and all the pistons moving.
         Those of you who know about transmissions probably know what
        that would be.</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div>Anyway, so far no luck finding the problem. Any other ideas
        let me know.</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div>Thanks,</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div>Rye</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div class="x-apple-signature"><br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.porterbikes.com/">www.porterbikes.com/</a>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------CD2CEC21C187F860CB62321B--

--===============5940899408415199010==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5940899408415199010==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 19:22:45 -0600

Good luck, hope it gets resolved. I'm with the "crack in the casting" 
camp, which can be impossible to track down.

mjb.

ps: Thanks to those who donated recently for Team.Net server upgrades, 
working on building a new system.