Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 9, Issue 132

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 00:14:41 -0400

My 73 choke cable knob needs to be turned a few degrees clockwise to hold it
in an open position.

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2016 2:00 PM

   7. TR6 Choke Cable Question (James Henningsen)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 12:30:52 -0400
From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Choke Cable Question

I am replacing my choke cable on my 75 TR6 with a brand new one from TRF.
It has been a while since I changed one, so please forgive the simple
question.  I have the cables attached to both carbs securely.  When I pull
out the choke via the choke knob,  the cables will not stay engaged with
chokes open. The springs on the carb choke assemblies pull it right back to
off position.  I have tried this installed in dash and now not installed in
the dash (hanging below free).  Both times the choke will not stay on.  I
thought the original choke cable had two holes that engaged the choke open
at two positions.  There are two holes on the metal assembly.  What am I
missing here.  

Thanks so much,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

62 TR4

75 TR6

73 Jag XKE

76 Celica GT

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/triumphs/attachments/20160605/6661886e/atta
chment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________

Triumphs mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/triumphs

------------------------------

End of Triumphs Digest, Vol 9, Issue 132
****************************************

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive