Subject: [TR] Miata Seats in a TR4

From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 14:49:41 -0700

--===============0735106611459086042==

--001a113de8de388fcc05348ef10d

For those late Tr4 owners out there who've been admiring the Miata seats in
the occasional Tr6, I'd like to report that they also work well in a Tr4.

Mine is a '65, and the seats I found were from a 1990 Miata. There are two
installation kits available ( as far as I know), one from Joe Alexander at
http://www.the-vintage-racer.com/  and the other from Rick Patton at http://
pattonmachine.com.  I found that the ARE kit did not place the seat far
enough inward to maximize backward travel, but that was the case on the
passenger side....I didn't try it on the driver's side.
Rick's brackets did set up well and the seats are now installed.

I like the high head rest, that they tilt, their longer seat length and
thus better thigh support, and their equivalent leg room. I had redone my
seats and interior in TRF red leather, so the grey of the Miata seats tones
everything down, but it still looks OK.

Happy to answer any questions.

John Howard

--001a113de8de388fcc05348ef10d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div><div>For those late Tr4 owners out the=
re who&#39;ve been admiring the <span tabindex=3D"-1" id=3D":39c.34" style=
=3D"" class=3D"">Miata</span> seats in the occasional Tr6, I&#39;d like to =
report that they also work well in a Tr4.<br><br></div>Mine is a &#39;65, a=
nd the seats I found were from a 1990 <span tabindex=3D"-1" id=3D":39c.35" =
style=3D"" class=3D"">Miata</span>. There are two installation kits availab=
le ( as far as I know), one from Joe Alexander at <a href=3D"http://www.the=
-vintage-racer.com/">http://www.the-vintage-racer.com/</a>=C2=A0 and the ot=
her from Rick Patton at http://<span tabindex=3D"-1" id=3D":39c.36" style=
=3D"" class=3D"">pattonmachine</span>.com.=C2=A0 I found that the ARE kit d=
id not place the seat far enough inward to maximize backward travel, but th=
at was the case on the passenger side....I didn&#39;t try it on the driver&=
#39;s side. <br></div>Rick&#39;s brackets did set up well and the seats are=
 now installed.<br><br></div>I like the high head rest, that they tilt, the=
ir longer seat length and thus better thigh support, and their equivalent l=
eg room. I had redone my seats and interior in <span tabindex=3D"-1" id=3D"=
:39c.38" style=3D"" class=3D"">TRF</span> red leather, so the grey of the <=
span tabindex=3D"-1" id=3D":39c.39" style=3D"" class=3D"">Miata</span> seat=
s tones everything down, but it still looks OK. <br><br></div>Happy to answ=
er any questions.<br><br></div>John Howard<br></div>

--001a113de8de388fcc05348ef10d--

--===============0735106611459086042==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0735106611459086042==--

---

From: "Bob Danielson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 16:09:52 -0400

If you ever need covers for the seats Mr. Mike 
(http://www.mrmikes.com/miata_to_triumph.htm) makes a great cover that can 
be customized in a number of ways. He and I work together on seat covers and 
matching interiors..... he supplies me with the vinyl so the interior kits I 
make match the seats.

I’m glad to hear the Patton brackets 
(http://www.pattonmachine.com/Miata-Brackets.htm) worked well for you. It 
took me three years of nagging and a set of Miata seats to convince Rick to 
make the bracket kits. Outstanding quality and fit.

Did you do the headrest speakers? 
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/MiataSpeakers.htm

My Miata seats have been in my car for 7 years now and I love the look and 
comfort.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/PanelBootSales1.htm
Custom Interiors & Boot Covers
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/FenderBlanket.htm
Fender Blankets

From: Lee&John Howard
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2016 5:49 PM
To: triumph list list
Subject: [TR] Miata Seats in a TR4

Mine is a '65, and the seats I found were from a 1990 Miata. There are two 
installation kits available ( as far as I know), one from Joe Alexander at 
http://www.the-vintage-racer.com/  and the other from Rick Patton at 
http://pattonmachine.com.  I found that the ARE kit did not place the seat 
far enough inward to maximize backward travel, but that was the case on the 
passenger side....I didn't try it on the driver's side.
Rick's brackets did set up well and the seats are now installed.

I like the high head rest, that they tilt, their longer seat length and thus 
better thigh support, and their equivalent leg room. I had redone my seats 
and interior in TRF red leather, so the grey of the Miata seats tones 
everything down, but it still looks OK.

John Howard

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] 

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]