Subject: [TR] emissions

From: john doe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 19:58:01 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2115648082811828460==
	boundary="----=_Part_382772_1508088507.1463860681693"

------=_Part_382772_1508088507.1463860681693
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Just bought a 75 tr6 with no air pump or emissions po put in that new vacu=
um advance that Moss sells do I need the emissions and pump for performance=
 or does it really matter=C2=A0
------=_Part_382772_1508088507.1463860681693
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:16px">  Just bought a 75 tr6 with no air pump or emissions po put in that new vacuum advance that Moss sells do I need the emissions and pump for performance or does it really matter&nbsp;</div></body></html>
------=_Part_382772_1508088507.1463860681693--

--===============2115648082811828460==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2115648082811828460==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 02:59:57 -0700

> Just bought a 75 tr6 with no air pump or emissions po put in that new
> vacuum advance that Moss sells do I need the emissions and pump for
> performance or does it really matter

As long as the removal was done "properly" (the right passages blocked and
the right ones left open, initial timing set to around 10-12 BTDC); and
you'll never have to pass a "smog inspection" (still required for a 75 in CA
I believe, not sure about other states); then you don't 'need' the pump or
associated emissions equipment.  It's only to reduce pollution and does
nothing for performance.

IF the advance is properly installed, you should see a bit less fuel
consumption under normal driving.  But it doesn't do anything for max
performance either.

Randall