Subject: [TR] TR4A IRS Rear Shock options

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 18:20:50 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1895070016494925911==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1B9D6.D4ED5AC0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1B9D6.D4ED5AC0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have been driving my TR4A IRS for about 2 years now and I have a question
regarding handling.

First of all, as far as cornering goes, with the wheels and tires I have it
wants to go into corners way faster than I have the nerve to travel but that
isn't what I am writing about. What I am writing about is rear wheel hop,
especially over rough road surfaces. I have stock lever shocks. They haven't
been professionally rebuilt but have been cleaned, painted and new oil
installed. Don't ask me what type or weight oil, I can't honestly remember. 

I am not a real big fan of the tube shock conversions as the lever shock
limits the total extension of the swing arm to keep the universal joints
from locking up from over-extension and I don't see what mechanism in the
tube shock replaces that function.

What are my options here to get better handling over rough roads?

Thanks,

Dave Connitt

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1B9D6.D4ED5AC0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have been driving my TR4A IRS for about 2 years now =
and I have a question regarding handling.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>First of all, as far as cornering goes, with the =
wheels and tires I have it wants to go into corners way faster than I =
have the nerve to travel but that isn&#8217;t what I am writing about. =
What I am writing about is rear wheel hop, especially over rough road =
surfaces. I have stock lever shocks. They haven&#8217;t been =
professionally rebuilt but have been cleaned, painted and new oil =
installed. Don&#8217;t ask me what type or weight oil, I can&#8217;t =
honestly remember. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am not a real =
big fan of the tube shock conversions as the lever shock limits the =
total extension of the swing arm to keep the universal joints from =
locking up from over-extension and I don&#8217;t see what mechanism in =
the tube shock replaces that function.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>What are my options here to get better handling over =
rough roads?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Dave Connitt<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D1B9D6.D4ED5AC0--

--===============1895070016494925911==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1895070016494925911==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 2:16:01 +0000

I would talk to the guys at World Wide Imports about what you want, they rebuild lever shocks to different specs, I have not personally used them but over the years I have heard nothing but good things.

Greg Lemon
TR250

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 07:51:34 -0400

> I would talk to the guys at World Wide Imports about what you want, they
> rebuild lever shocks to different specs, I have not personally used them
> but over the years I have heard nothing but good things.

Ditto.  My guess is the ones you have are worn out and not doing their job.

Randall