Subject: [TR] A-type OD Solenoid Question

From: "Roger Colson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 19:48:02 -0400

Hello list,

Just received a new solenoid and during shipment the plunger became separated from the 
body of the solenoid.  When trying to reassemble the solenoid I find it is very difficult to put 
the rubber hood on the solenoid body.

I did not have a solenoid so I can not look at it for comparison.

Before I go to extreme measures I shall ask the group for advice.

First, Does the rubber hood cover the step on the end of the solenoid or is the seal created 
some other way?

Second, If the seal is made by covering the step, what is a good way to get the hood installed 
without damaging the hood?

Thank you in advance,

Roger Colson
1957 TR3 TS21383L "Bettie"

Roger Colson
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive