Subject: Re: [TR] Shining Silver

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 20:16:02 -0500

Thank you Mark for all you do for us keeping everything buzzing along.  

Seems like a good time to make a $25.00 donation to the cause!

All the best,
Bill B
TR3A 1958 
Morgan 4/4 1988
Land Rover Series 2A 1968
Sunbeam S7 Deluxe 1955
Williys-Overland Jeepster 1948

Sent from my VIC-64

On Apr 8, 2016, at 3:13 PM, Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]> wrote:

A few years back Karen and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, our Silver Anniversary as they call it.

And coming up in just a few days on April 11th is Team.Net's Silver Anniversary.  Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and went on the air.  In truth, it existed before that in the form of two mailing lists, british-cars and autox which were outgrowths of rec.autos Usenet groups. Murky history there.

But Team.Net as we know it today has been around for a quarter of a century. Of the 60 some lists on the server, most are inactive. I may take some time this summer to clean up and remove any lists that have not seen any posts for N months, the value of N to be determined.  Some lists, though, are still going strong, soldiering on from the days when Team.Net lists and website were at the leading edge, the only game in town.  It was estimated that at the 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals, their Silver Anniversary, roughly 2/3 of the 1,000+ participants were on the autox list.  If you check out http://autox.team.net you will find many pages last updated about 24.99 years ago, though, hardly leading edge now.  One of these days ...

Who could have foreseen how a simple stream of 1s and 0s could be such a part of the lives of so many people, the catalyst for enduring friendships, a formidable source of knowledge and inspiration?  How many cars are on the road these days instead of the scrap heap because of us and our efforts over decades?

Happy Birthday to us. and carry on!

mjb.

ps:  I am sending this out a few days early because on Monday I will be on the road somewhere between Phoenix and Salt Lake City.  I'll look into the multi-hour delay in posting when I return.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Reihing, Randall S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 02:29:17 +0000

Twenty Five Years! A wonderful achievement for a highly valued service. Thank you for all that you do, and have done. This list has been wonderful with it's time saving commentary and incredible depth of knowledge. A life saver for anyone interested in preserving, maintaining, restoring classic, vintage, British roadsters. I first learned the basics of the binary code in 1958 through an advanced high school Algebra class. Our normal teacher had just returned from a short sabbatical where she had participated in a professional academic workshop to learn, in her words, "A new mathematical concept", which she then taught us. It is amazing where just those two digits have taken us. 

Thank you.

Randall Reihing
1960 TR3A
________________________________________
From: Triumphs [[email-masked]] on behalf of Mark J Bradakis [[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Shining Silver

A few years back Karen and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary,
our Silver Anniversary as they call it.

And coming up in just a few days on April 11th is Team.Net's Silver
Anniversary.  Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and went
on the air.  In truth, it existed before that in the form of two mailing
lists, british-cars and autox which were outgrowths of rec.autos Usenet
groups. Murky history there.

But Team.Net as we know it today has been around for a quarter of a
century. Of the 60 some lists on the server, most are inactive. I may
take some time this summer to clean up and remove any lists that have
not seen any posts for N months, the value of N to be determined.  Some
lists, though, are still going strong, soldiering on from the days when
Team.Net lists and website were at the leading edge, the only game in
town.  It was estimated that at the 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals, their
Silver Anniversary, roughly 2/3 of the 1,000+ participants were on the
autox list.  If you check out http://autox.team.net you will find many
pages last updated about 24.99 years ago, though, hardly leading edge
now.  One of these days ...

Who could have foreseen how a simple stream of 1s and 0s could be such a
part of the lives of so many people, the catalyst for enduring
friendships, a formidable source of knowledge and inspiration?  How many
cars are on the road these days instead of the scrap heap because of us
and our efforts over decades?

mjb.

ps:  I am sending this out a few days early because on Monday I will be
on the road somewhere between Phoenix and Salt Lake City.  I'll look
into the multi-hour delay in posting when I return.

---

From: anabil007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 08:41:24 -0700

--===============1737550402704596248==

--Apple-Mail=_692F701F-B4F3-47FB-A791-3A3552CC4195
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

What email should I use for Mark in PayPal?   BTW   $100.00 is a better =
number

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"=F0=9F=91=BB
TS16765L
Wallace, CA
[email-masked]=F0=9F=90=94

--Apple-Mail=_692F701F-B4F3-47FB-A791-3A3552CC4195
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">What email should I =
use for Mark in PayPal? &nbsp; BTW &nbsp; $100.00 is a better number<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica;  font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; " =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;  "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; " class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; =
text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;  "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; " class=3D"">"Life is too short to drive boring =
cars"<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Bill Pugh<br class=3D"">1957 TR3 =
"Casper"=F0=9F=91=BB<br class=3D"">TS16765L<br class=3D"">Wallace, CA<br =
class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>=F0=9F=90=94</div></span></div></span>=
</div>
</div>
<br class=3D""></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_692F701F-B4F3-47FB-A791-3A3552CC4195--

--===============1737550402704596248==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1737550402704596248==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 13:07:44 -0500

--===============7230275596750087582==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-CF96AE90-4D33-48C4-B89A-A3C13DAC05B3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-CF96AE90-4D33-48C4-B89A-A3C13DAC05B3
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Use the donate link at the bottom of our emails. =20
B

Sent from my VIC-64

On Apr 9, 2016, at 10:41 AM, anabil007 <[email-masked]> wrote:

What email should I use for Mark in PayPal?   BTW   $100.00 is a better numb=
er

Bill Pugh

ash.net

--Apple-Mail-CF96AE90-4D33-48C4-B89A-A3C13DAC05B3
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div>Use the donate link at the bottom of o=
ur emails. &nbsp;</div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">B<br><br>Sent from my V=
IC-64</div><div><br>On Apr 9, 2016, at 10:41 AM, anabil007 &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></di=
v><div>What email should I use for Mark in PayPal? &nbsp; BTW &nbsp; $100.00=
 is a better number<br class=3D""><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica;  font-style: norm=
al; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-=
height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text=
-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit=
-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-wo=
rd; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; " class=
=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; c=
olor: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant=
: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; o=
rphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;=
 white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -we=
bkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webk=
it-text-stroke-width: 0px;  "><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-n=
bsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; " class=3D""><span c=
lass=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0=
, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font=
-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; te=
xt-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:=
 normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-dec=
orations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-strok=
e-width: 0px;  "><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: spa=
ce; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; " class=3D"">"Life is too short t=
o drive boring cars"<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Bill Pugh<br class=3D"">19=
57 TR3 "Casper"=F0=9F=91=BB<br class=3D"">TS16765L<br class=3D"">Wallace, CA=
<br class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">anabil007=
@comcast.net</a>=F0=9F=90=94</div></span></div></span></div>
</div>
<br class=3D""></div><div><span></span><br><span>** <a href=3D"mailto:triump=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **</span><br><span></span><br=
><span>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.n=
et/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/a=
rchive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href=3D"h=
ttp://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Un=
subscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/=
[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbeech@flas=
h.net</a></span><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-CF96AE90-4D33-48C4-B89A-A3C13DAC05B3--

--===============7230275596750087582==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7230275596750087582==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 08:31:15 -0700

On 4/8/16 1:13 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> Anniversary.  Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and 
> went on the air.  In truth, it existed before that in the form of two 
> mailing lists, british-cars and autox which were outgrowths of 
> rec.autos Usenet groups. Murky history there.
Not all that murky.  I was asking questions about my newly purchased TR3 
on rec.autos when I got an email from a guy named Dale (if I remember 
the name correctly).  He said he was starting up a British cars email 
list and asked if I wanted to be part of the mail group.

Dale worked at Apollo Computers and set the server up on a company 
computer.  Dale owned an MGB.  If memory serves his MGB lived in a 
narrow dirt earth one car garage.  He eventually gave up the car because 
he and his wife could no longer comfortably sit in the vehicle. I don't 
remember where the british car mail list went after then.

In early 1990, the Land Rover mail list (LRO) was the first to split off 
from the British car mail list.  I was there art the beginning of both 
lists as twakeman@hplabs and [email-masked]

TeriAnn