Subject: [TR] oddity of parts

From: ptegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 22:28:13 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8502378901810531869==
 boundary=------------095F9A1E2AA8D6FA2CA904A4

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------095F9A1E2AA8D6FA2CA904A4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

ok...trying to figure out if this was 'add' or was this 'deleted' on 
later models deleted from the design.

On a Spitfire 1500 single rail trans...the main shaft has a ball bearing 
used as a key to keep a washer from rotating.

anyone with a Spitfire Bentley Manual 1975-80.... page 269.... items 38 
a - f

the ball in question is item 38c in the diagram. The thrust washer is 38d

A new o/d shaft I just received does NOT have this ball dentent drilling 
in the shaft to retain this thrust washer from rotating.

Has anyone seen shafts WITHOUT this drilling for the ball?  was this 
feature added or deleted from later model shafts?

you'd think it was an addition.... stop the thrust washer from rotating 
to give the gear a larger surface to ride against as opposed to the 
small step in the main shaft diameter.  Trying to decide to return this 
defective (aftermarket?) shaft or ok to use as is.

what think ye all???    tia

-- 
Paul Tegler [email-masked] www.teglerizer.com

--------------095F9A1E2AA8D6FA2CA904A4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>ok...trying to figure out if this was 'add' or was this 'deleted'
      on later models deleted from the design.<br>
    </p>
    <p>On a Spitfire 1500 single rail trans...the main shaft has a ball
      bearing used as a key to keep a washer from rotating.</p>
    <p>anyone with a Spitfire Bentley Manual 1975-80.... page 269....
      items 38 a - f</p>
    <p>the ball in question is item 38c in the diagram. The thrust
      washer is 38d</p>
    <p>A new o/d shaft I just received does NOT have this ball dentent
      drilling in the shaft to retain this thrust washer from rotating.</p>
    <p>Has anyone seen shafts WITHOUT this drilling for the ball?  was
      this feature added or deleted from later model shafts?</p>
    <p>you'd think it was an addition.... stop the thrust washer from
      rotating to give the gear a larger surface to ride against as
      opposed to the small step in the main shaft diameter.  Trying to
      decide to return this defective (aftermarket?) shaft or ok to use
      as is.<br>
    </p>
    <p>what think ye all???    tia</p>
    -- <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">Paul Tegler
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.teglerizer.com">www.teglerizer.com</a>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------095F9A1E2AA8D6FA2CA904A4--

--===============8502378901810531869==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8502378901810531869==--