Subject: Re: [TR] Trivex glass - read TRIPLEX

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 13:44:15 +0100

A propos the recent thread on TR3 windscreens, I thought I'd post the
details below for the autox.team.net archives - and anyone else who likes
collecting addresses.
Many years ago, I spent about a year working for a wholly owned subsidiary
of this company and they had all the necessary jigs for making screens for
old Brit cars. About a year back, I was told they still had those jigs but
whether this still applies is anyone's guess. They only make screens in
laminated glass (mandatory for the U.S.) but you could order:

Clear glass
Clear with blue top tint
Clear with bronze top tint
Blue
Blue with darker blue toptint
Blue with bronze top tint
Bronze
Bronze with dark blue toptint
Bronze with darker bronze top tint

If anyone out there has some really ancient Jap stuff from the 70's and
early 80's, they can also do screens for Jap cars in the Japanese blue. This
was a shade unique to Japanese cars in the day and largely came about
because of a unique chemical element in Japanese sand used in making vehicle
glass.

This is the place to contact:

Triplex Replacement Service Ltd
Main Road
Queenborough
Kent ME11 5BB
United Kingdom

Telephone: +(44) 1795 663311 (Remember the time difference. UK is +5 hours
on East Coast time)
Fax: +(44) 1795 668059

Email: [email-masked]

Have a 'smashing' time everyone. No financial interest on my part but I
thought all y'all might find this info helpful?

Cheers, Jonmac

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive