Subject: [TR] Northern question

From: "Mark Hooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:21:49 -0400

--===============9084953664473543295==

--0428-1421-49-03-PART_BREAK

I'm up in Montreal. I am cleaning up another car about 9 years old. There is 
quite a lot of hardened calcium and road salt on the lower half of the a/c 
radiator and one assumes the main radiator behind it. I don't think a 
pressure washer is the way to go, since it would likely rip up the thin 
aluminium fins. Is there a product to spray on that would dissolve and clean 
off the crud? It doesn't look like simple water is going to work very well.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6
06 DTS

--0428-1421-49-03-PART_BREAK

<html><body>
<div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); 
font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background: none 0% 0% / auto repeat 
scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);">
	I&#39;m up in Montreal. I am cleaning up another car about 9 years old. 
There is quite a lot of hardened calcium and road salt on the lower half of 
the a/c radiator and one assumes the main radiator behind it. I don&#39;t 
think a pressure washer is the way to go, since it would likely rip up the 
thin aluminium fins. Is there a product to spray on that would dissolve and 
clean off the crud? It doesn&#39;t look like simple water is going to work 
very well.</div>
<div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); 
font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background: none 0% 0% / auto repeat 
scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);">
	&nbsp;</div>
<div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); 
font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background: none 0% 0% / auto repeat 
scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);">
	Mark Hooper</div>
<div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); 
font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background: none 0% 0% / auto repeat 
scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);">
	72 TR6</div>
<div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); 
font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background: none 0% 0% / auto repeat 
scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);">
	06 DTS</div>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; 
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
	<div style="font-family: monospace, courier new, courier">
		&nbsp;</div>
</blockquote>
</body></html>

--0428-1421-49-03-PART_BREAK--

--===============9084953664473543295==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============9084953664473543295==--

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:58:36 -0400

I wonder how this would work?

http://www.amazon.com/Calcium-Lime-and-Rust-Remover/dp/B00009EFEX

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Mark Hooper <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

---

From: "Kinderlehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:38:50 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1487484351774561222==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00A3_01D1A185.97B32F40"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01D1A185.97B32F40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

You could try CLR, it's supposed to clean off calcium deposits.

Bob

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark
Hooper
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Northern question

Mark Hooper

72 TR6

06 DTS

------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01D1A185.97B32F40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>You could try CLR, it&#8217;s supposed to clean off calcium =
deposits.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Bob<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Mark Hooper<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:22 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] =
Northern question<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:black'>=
I'm up in Montreal. I am cleaning up another car about 9 years old. =
There is quite a lot of hardened calcium and road salt on the lower half =
of the a/c radiator and one assumes the main radiator behind it. I don't =
think a pressure washer is the way to go, since it would likely rip up =
the thin aluminium fins. Is there a product to spray on that would =
dissolve and clean off the crud? It doesn't look like simple water is =
going to work very well.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:black'>=
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:black'>=
Mark Hooper<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:black'>=
72 TR6<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:black'>=
06 DTS<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid black 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
4.0pt;margin-left:3.75pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:=
5.0pt'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Courier =
New"'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01D1A185.97B32F40--

--===============1487484351774561222==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1487484351774561222==--

---

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 17:09:13 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2604900551037532900==
 boundary="------------040804020701050903030907"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040804020701050903030907
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Not sure if it would work, but how about something like Lime Away?

On 04/28/2016 09:21 AM, Mark Hooper wrote:
> I'm up in Montreal. I am cleaning up another car about 9 years old. 
> There is quite a lot of hardened calcium and road salt on the lower 
> half of the a/c radiator and one assumes the main radiator behind it. 
> I don't think a pressure washer is the way to go, since it would 
> likely rip up the thin aluminium fins. Is there a product to spray on 
> that would dissolve and clean off the crud? It doesn't look like 
> simple water is going to work very well.
> Mark Hooper
> 72 TR6
> 06 DTS
>
>
>

--------------040804020701050903030907
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Not sure if it would work, but how about something like Lime Away?<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 04/28/2016 09:21 AM, Mark Hooper
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color:
        rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background:
        none 0% 0% / auto repeat scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0,
        0, 0, 0);"> I'm up in Montreal. I am cleaning up another car
        about 9 years old. There is quite a lot of hardened calcium and
        road salt on the lower half of the a/c radiator and one assumes
        the main radiator behind it. I don't think a pressure washer is
        the way to go, since it would likely rip up the thin aluminium
        fins. Is there a product to spray on that would dissolve and
        clean off the crud? It doesn't look like simple water is going
        to work very well.</div>
      <div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color:
        rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background:
        none 0% 0% / auto repeat scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0,
        0, 0, 0);">  </div>
      <div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color:
        rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background:
        none 0% 0% / auto repeat scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0,
        0, 0, 0);"> Mark Hooper</div>
      <div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color:
        rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background:
        none 0% 0% / auto repeat scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0,
        0, 0, 0);"> 72 TR6</div>
      <div style="font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: tahoma; color:
        rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background:
        none 0% 0% / auto repeat scroll padding-box border-box rgba(0,
        0, 0, 0);"> 06 DTS</div>
      <blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
        MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT:
        0px">
        <div style="font-family: monospace, courier new, courier">  </div>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040804020701050903030907--

--===============2604900551037532900==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2604900551037532900==--