Subject: [TR] Trivex glass for TR3 windshield

From: "Kinderlehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:01:52 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2465339448122959733==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00C4_01D18E69.C6AEA6A0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01D18E69.C6AEA6A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Moss is selling a windshield described as Trivex for $425., TRF is selling
one not described as Trivex but, I would assume, it meets all safety specs.
Is there any advantage to the Trivex to warrant the extra cost?  I'm asking
for a friend that is interested in replacing her windshield.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01D18E69.C6AEA6A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Moss is =
selling a windshield described as Trivex for $425., TRF is selling one =
not described as Trivex but, I would assume, it meets all safety =
specs.&nbsp; Is there any advantage to the Trivex to warrant the extra =
cost?&nbsp; I&#8217;m asking for a friend that is interested in =
replacing her windshield.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in =
advance,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Bob<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01D18E69.C6AEA6A0--

--===============2465339448122959733==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2465339448122959733==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 17:36:23 -0700

> A possible route for others?

Possibly, but a TR3 windshield is not flat.  Not a lot of curve to it, but enough that flat glass will quickly break.

Randall

---

From: "Mo and Dave MacKay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 22:31:17 -0400

Randall Reihing wrote:
>Prosource is selling clear TR3 windshield safety glass for around $150.00
and you do the installation. Here is the link:
http://www.prosourceglassintl.com/popclassicglass.html
>
>I have a broken 1960 TR3A windshield. I have a firm quote from a local,
Toledo, Ohio, auto glass installer, who already has the windshield, to
install the new glass in my 1960 TR3A windshield frame for $275.00, plus
tax. He has done >this before and is highly regarded.
>
>I am not sure how the Moss product compares but there is Youtube video of a
Canadian man who has done a total frame off restoration of a TR3 and he
purchased his new windshield glass from Prosource. If you scroll through his
>videos you can find then where he shows the front of the shipping carton
with the Prosource name and address. He goes by the Youtube video name of
Cheftush. He is a professional Chef. His TR3 work is impeccable.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G1ju6XWsCc

Chef Tush is Dave Tushingham. Dave is the past President of the Toronto
Triumph Club and a great guy. He's a chef too.

Here's how to reach him: http://www.torontotriumph.com/html/contacts.shtml

Dave MacKay
1960 TR3A s/n 68639L
Near Toronto, Canada

---

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 09:23:36 +0100

Apologies, I thought it was flat. I'm going back in my corner until the next
time I open my gob and get it wrong:)

Cheers all, Jonmac

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: 06 April 2016 01:36
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Trivex glass for TR3 windshield

> A possible route for others?

Possibly, but a TR3 windshield is not flat.  Not a lot of curve to it, but
enough that flat glass will quickly break.

Randall

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus