Subject: [TR] TR4A vent lid seal

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 18:13:23 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8780223045707819474==
 boundary="------------030007060806000201080909"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030007060806000201080909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I put a couple of small washers between the hinge and the body .  The 
seal will eventually shrink with age and then you can remove the shims.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA

--------------030007060806000201080909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font face="Arial Black">I put a couple of small washers between the
      hinge and the body .  The seal will eventually shrink with age and
      then you can remove the shims.<br>
      <br>
      <font face="Arial Black">Edward <font face="Arial Black">Hamer<br>
          <font face="Arial Black">Petaluma CA</font><br>
        </font></font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------030007060806000201080909--

--===============8780223045707819474==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8780223045707819474==--

---

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 07:23:01 -0400

I had the same problem years ago. I resorted to trimming it too thin the profile.

Allen

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 6:17 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Installed new vent lid seal.  Pressed rubber fully home, but vent lid will not close completely.  Before I start trimming the seal thought I'd check with List for similar experience and maybe a simple solution.  I don't believe additional compression from the lid will fix this.
> John DeLuca
> 
> Sent from my iPad