Subject: [TR] TR4A dash pad

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:55:25 -0500

Hi All,
The car is painted and I'm starting to install the new interior.  I don't remember, but the old top dash pad appears to have been attached with an adhesive.  Seems straight forward enough, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 08:19:41 -0400

John,

Yes the top dash pad is attached with adhesive. I used the spray 3m in 
the green can that I picked up at lowes. I first put the pad on and 
marked where the end would be so I could mask the rest of the body to 
prevent overspray. Then I sprayed on the contact glue on both sides and 
waited for it to get tacky.

Since you only get one shot for application of the pad, practice first 
and mark the center point with tape or something. Then I set the pad 
from the cockpit side forward towards the engine bay. Once you have the 
dash side firm, just press evenly from the center out and everything 
should go fine.

I was able to perform this task on my 63 4 and 72 6 with no issues. Just 
take your time.

Also, it is not necessary to get glue right to the edge of the pad that 
faces front to the engine bay as the windshield lower gasket will hold 
that firm after it is installed.

Bob