Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder

From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 21:08:17 +0000

Moss has the TRW-Lucas (581-040) for less than $110.  I was thinking about getting that one.

Tell me about the Silicone fluid.  I've been using the Castrol LMA exclusively.  Is the Silicone OK with all seals?  Sounds like it is if you guys are all using it successfully.

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 7:21 AM
To: Creig Houghtaling; Irv Korey
Cc: Triumph List
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder

I got the TRW as described below about 6-7 years ago, same story, silicone fluid, no leaks.  I didn't talk to Ted, just dumb luck that I apparently got a good one.

Greg Lemon
TR250

---- Irv Korey <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>
> > Just got a TR6. The brake MC was leaking. I bought a rebuild kit and
> > rebuilt it today. Put it back in the car and it leaked worse than before.
> > The MC is relatively new, so I have come to the conclusion it is an after
> > market unit and my rebuild kit was for an original MC.
> >
> > So now I am in the market for a new master cylinder. I have a friend with
> > a TR6 after market MC that is about a year old and it is leaking too. I
> > think maybe there are some bad after market master cylinders out there.
> >
> > Does anybody have any advice on how to find a good one?
> >
>
> The last time I was in the market for a MC for the TR6, I called Ted
> Schumacher (NFI). At the time, he told me that there were 3 available:
>
> cheap Asian knockoff - not recommended - cheapest, under $100 at the time
> TRW brand, produced in Asia but "to TRW standards" - mid price, about $150
> or so at the time
> genuine Lucas/Girling NOS - about $300 at the time
>
> On Ted's recommendation, I bought the TRW. It is now 5+ years later, and
> with silicone brake fluid since Day 1, no leaks (knock on wood dash) or any
> other issues.
>
> HTH,
>
> Irv Korey
> 74 TR6 CF22767U
> Highland Park, IL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Irv Korey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 16:31:40 -0500

--===============5052234564674514464==

--001a114a6c209935b6052f0e8558

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Tell me about the Silicone fluid.  I've been using the Castrol LMA
> exclusively.  Is the Silicone OK with all seals?  Sounds like it is if you
> guys are all using it successfully.
>

TRW will likely have a notice in the package telling you not to use it, but
I have had it in my car for at least 15 years, in the current MC as well as
the previous one.

YMMV,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL

--001a114a6c209935b6052f0e8558
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><br><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quo=
te">On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Creig Houghtaling <span dir=3D"ltr">&l=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]<=
/a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:=
0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Moss has the TRW-Lu=
cas (581-040) for less than $110.=C2=A0 I was thinking about getting that o=
ne.<br>
<br>
Tell me about the Silicone fluid.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve been using the Castrol LMA=
 exclusively.=C2=A0 Is the Silicone OK with all seals?=C2=A0 Sounds like it=
 is if you guys are all using it successfully.<br></blockquote></div><br></=
div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">TRW will likely have a notice in the package=
 telling you not to use it, but I have had it in my car for at least 15 yea=
rs, in the current MC as well as the previous one.<br><br></div><div class=
=3D"gmail_extra">YMMV,<br><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">Irv Korey<br=
></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">74 TR6 CF22767U<br></div><div class=3D"gm=
ail_extra">Highland Park, IL<br></div></div>

--001a114a6c209935b6052f0e8558--

--===============5052234564674514464==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5052234564674514464==--

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 19:27:36 -0500

I actually spoke to a moss employee about that a few years ago.  he said the 
reason that moss discourages the use of silicone fluid is liability.  if you 
just start adding silicone fluid to your dot 3/4 brake system, bad things 
will happen.  they don't want that.  if you switch, you need to fully drain 
and flush the system.

I, too, have been using silicone (dot 5) in my cars for over a decade. 
never a problem due to the silicone.

the arguments, at least for me, are pretty simple.

dot 4/5 eats paint, absorbs water (that's hygroscopic, NOT hydroscopic), and 
must be bled annually.  and when you bleed it, you better be careful about 
the paint in the wheel wells!

dot 5 doesn't.   it is slippery and messy, so yes, you should catch it with 
a tube as well.

if you are painting a car, or some part, be very very careful about 
silicone, even being in the air.  it will cause orange peel.

the pedal feel with dot 4/5 is a little firmer.

want better stopping - get better brake pads.  I got really aggressive pads 
on my TR6 and noticed a huge difference.  still silicone.

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 22:30:47 -0500

It actually causes fisheye in paint - spots where the paint doesn't 
stick,  Orange peel you can possibly polish out.  Fisheye you 
can't.  BTDT, many silicone things got banned from the garage.  Of 
course, now I don't paint anyway so it's less of an issue for me.

No issues with Silicone DOT 5 brake fluid - and really minor correction.

Cheers, Tony

At 07:27 PM 3/27/2016, dave n wrote:
>I actually spoke to a moss employee about that a few years ago.  he 
>said the reason that moss discourages the use of silicone fluid is 
>liability.  if you just start adding silicone fluid to your dot 3/4 
>brake system, bad things will happen.  they don't want that.  if you 
>switch, you need to fully drain and flush the system.
>
>I, too, have been using silicone (dot 5) in my cars for over a 
>decade. never a problem due to the silicone.
>
>dot 4/5 eats paint, absorbs water (that's hygroscopic, NOT 
>hydroscopic), and must be bled annually.  and when you bleed it, you 
>better be careful about the paint in the wheel wells!
>
>dot 5 doesn't.   it is slippery and messy, so yes, you should catch 
>it with a tube as well.
>
>want better stopping - get better brake pads.  I got really 
>aggressive pads on my TR6 and noticed a huge difference.  still silicone.
>
>
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 00:30:44 -0600

--===============8706763695729777179==

--Apple-Mail=_0FA0EC01-515A-4D84-8382-4DCC43E1133A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

I changed to silicone brake fluid 19 years ago and have had no problems =
whatsoever. =20

And based on recommendations from the list I didn=92t flush anything. I =
pull the silicone fluid in and bled the brakes until it showed up (NAPA =
brand is purple) at the bleed screws. No muss no fuss, no problems, and =
I get to keep the paint in the engine bay.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle=20
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

On Mar 27, 2016, at 6:27 PM, dave n <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I actually spoke to a moss employee about that a few years ago.  he =
said the reason that moss discourages the use of silicone fluid is =
liability.  if you just start adding silicone fluid to your dot 3/4 =
brake system, bad things will happen.  they don't want that.  if you =
switch, you need to fully drain and flush the system.
>=20
> I, too, have been using silicone (dot 5) in my cars for over a decade. =
>=20
>=20
> dot 4/5 eats paint, absorbs water (that's hygroscopic, NOT =
hydroscopic), and must be bled annually.  and when you bleed it, you =
better be careful about the paint in the wheel wells!
>=20
> dot 5 doesn't.   it is slippery and messy, so yes, you should catch it =
with a tube as well.
>=20
> if you are painting a car, or some part, be very very careful about =
>=20
>=20
> want better stopping - get better brake pads.  I got really aggressive =
pads on my TR6 and noticed a huge difference.  still silicone.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_0FA0EC01-515A-4D84-8382-4DCC43E1133A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">I =
changed to silicone brake fluid 19 years ago and have had no problems =
whatsoever. &nbsp;<div><br></div><div>And based on recommendations from =
the list I didn=92t flush anything. I pull the silicone fluid in and =
bled the brakes until it showed up (NAPA brand is purple) at the bleed =
screws. No muss no fuss, no problems, and I get to keep the paint in the =
engine bay.<br><div>
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-collapse: separate; orphans: 2; =
widows: 2; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: =
none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: =
2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: =
none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">Bud Rolofson</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">Extreme Parts Racing&nbsp;(more than just a haircut)</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div>71TR6 CC57365 (Good =
6)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">71 Spitfire MK IV =
Race Car #3</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">69 Spitfire MK III =
(back up FE engine/dinghy car)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle&nbsp;</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda =
Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)</div></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><br></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
<br><div><div>On Mar 27, 2016, at 6:27 PM, dave n &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">I actually spoke to a moss employee about that a few years =
ago. &nbsp;he said the reason that moss discourages the use of silicone =
fluid is liability. &nbsp;if you just start adding silicone fluid to =
your dot 3/4 brake system, bad things will happen. &nbsp;they don't want =
that. &nbsp;if you switch, you need to fully drain and flush the =
system.<br><br>I, too, have been using silicone (dot 5) in my cars for =
over a decade. never a problem due to the silicone.<br><br>the =
arguments, at least for me, are pretty simple.<br><br>dot 4/5 eats =
paint, absorbs water (that's hygroscopic, NOT hydroscopic), and must be =
bled annually. &nbsp;and when you bleed it, you better be careful about =
the paint in the wheel wells!<br><br>dot 5 doesn't. &nbsp;&nbsp;it is =
slippery and messy, so yes, you should catch it with a tube as =
well.<br><br>if you are painting a car, or some part, be very very =
careful about silicone, even being in the air. &nbsp;it will cause =
orange peel.<br><br>the pedal feel with dot 4/5 is a little =
firmer.<br><br>want better stopping - get better brake pads. &nbsp;I got =
really aggressive pads on my TR6 and noticed a huge difference. =
&nbsp;still silicone.<br><br><br><br>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Fo=
rums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
t">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
<br></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_0FA0EC01-515A-4D84-8382-4DCC43E1133A--

--===============8706763695729777179==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8706763695729777179==--

---

From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:03:21 +0000

--===============4712513410113216686==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BLUPR19MB0148A1B16CD0DB3C8EAB4904EC860BLUPR19MB0148namp_"

--_000_BLUPR19MB0148A1B16CD0DB3C8EAB4904EC860BLUPR19MB0148namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

That was going to be my next question. About how carefully one had to drain=
 the dot 4 when installing dot 5. It sounds like I can put in my fresh MC, =
fill it with silicone, then bleed each brake till I see purple fluid. The n=
ew will push out the old. If I kept the dot 4 I would have done this anyway=
 just to get rid of the old fluid and possible water.
________________________________
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bud R <levile=
[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2016 1:30:44 AM
To: dave n
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder

I changed to silicone brake fluid 19 years ago and have had no problems wha=
tsoever.

And based on recommendations from the list I didn=92t flush anything. I pul=
l the silicone fluid in and bled the brakes until it showed up (NAPA brand =
is purple) at the bleed screws. No muss no fuss, no problems, and I get to =
keep the paint in the engine bay.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

om>> wrote:

I actually spoke to a moss employee about that a few years ago.  he said th=
e reason that moss discourages the use of silicone fluid is liability.  if =
you just start adding silicone fluid to your dot 3/4 brake system, bad thin=
gs will happen.  they don't want that.  if you switch, you need to fully dr=
ain and flush the system.

I, too, have been using silicone (dot 5) in my cars for over a decade. neve=
r a problem due to the silicone.

dot 4/5 eats paint, absorbs water (that's hygroscopic, NOT hydroscopic), an=
d must be bled annually.  and when you bleed it, you better be careful abou=
t the paint in the wheel wells!

dot 5 doesn't.   it is slippery and messy, so yes, you should catch it with=
 a tube as well.

if you are painting a car, or some part, be very very careful about silicon=
e, even being in the air.  it will cause orange peel.

want better stopping - get better brake pads.  I got really aggressive pads=
 on my TR6 and noticed a huge difference.  still silicone.

@comcast.net

--_000_BLUPR19MB0148A1B16CD0DB3C8EAB4904EC860BLUPR19MB0148namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
</head>
<body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-lin=
e-break: after-white-space;">
That was going to be my next question. About how carefully one had to drain=
 the dot 4 when installing dot 5. It sounds like I can put in my fresh MC, =
fill it with silicone, then bleed each brake till I see purple fluid. The n=
ew will push out the old. If I kept
 the dot 4 I would have done this anyway just to get rid of the old fluid a=
nd possible water.
<br>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;triumphs=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Bud R &lt;[email-masked]&gt;=
<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, March 28, 2016 1:30:44 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> dave n<br>
<b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>I changed to silicone brake fluid 19 years ago and have had no problem=
s whatsoever. &nbsp;
<div><br>
</div>
<div>And based on recommendations from the list I didn=92t flush anything. =
I pull the silicone fluid in and bled the brakes until it showed up (NAPA b=
rand is purple) at the bleed screws. No muss no fuss, no problems, and I ge=
t to keep the paint in the engine
 bay.<br>
<div><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-fa=
mily: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal;=
 font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-ali=
gn: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: norm=
al; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-collapse: sep=
arate; orphans: 2; widows: 2; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations=
-in-effect: none;">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space;">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-a=
uto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;=
">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space;">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-a=
uto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;=
">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space;">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-a=
uto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;=
">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space;">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-a=
uto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;=
">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space;">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-a=
uto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;=
">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space;">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; wid=
ows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
<div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line=
-break: after-white-space;">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; wid=
ows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
<div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
<br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
Bud Rolofson</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
Extreme Parts Racing&nbsp;(more than just a haircut)</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
<br>
</div>
<div>71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; l=
etter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-spa=
ce: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-wid=
th: 0px;">
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)</div>
</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-=
weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform=
: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-text-stroke-width: 0px;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-=
weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform=
: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webki=
t-text-stroke-width: 0px;">
<br>
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
</span><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0)=
; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant=
: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;=
 orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-w=
idth: 0px;">
<br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
<br>
<div>
<div>On Mar 27, 2016, at 6:27 PM, dave n &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dave@ranteer=
.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
<br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
<blockquote type=3D"cite">I actually spoke to a moss employee about that a =
few years ago. &nbsp;he said the reason that moss discourages the use of si=
licone fluid is liability. &nbsp;if you just start adding silicone fluid to=
 your dot 3/4 brake system, bad things will
 happen. &nbsp;they don't want that. &nbsp;if you switch, you need to fully=
 drain and flush the system.<br>
<br>
I, too, have been using silicone (dot 5) in my cars for over a decade. neve=
r a problem due to the silicone.<br>
<br>
the arguments, at least for me, are pretty simple.<br>
<br>
dot 4/5 eats paint, absorbs water (that's hygroscopic, NOT hydroscopic), an=
d must be bled annually. &nbsp;and when you bleed it, you better be careful=
 about the paint in the wheel wells!<br>
<br>
dot 5 doesn't. &nbsp;&nbsp;it is slippery and messy, so yes, you should cat=
ch it with a tube as well.<br>
<br>
if you are painting a car, or some part, be very very careful about silicon=
e, even being in the air. &nbsp;it will cause orange peel.<br>
<br>
the pedal feel with dot 4/5 is a little firmer.<br>
<br>
want better stopping - get better brake pads. &nbsp;I got really aggressive=
 pads on my TR6 and noticed a huge difference. &nbsp;still silicone.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> *=
*<br>
<br>
ate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archiv=
e</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</=
a><br>
hs/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BLUPR19MB0148A1B16CD0DB3C8EAB4904EC860BLUPR19MB0148namp_--

--===============4712513410113216686==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4712513410113216686==--