Subject: Re: [TR] 20-50 oil

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 16:57:55 -0700

FYI, NAPA filters are made by WIX.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:43 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] 20-50 oil

Regarding issues of sludge, how much of it has to do with using a top
quality, micro-porosity oil filter like say WIX or maybe NAPA?

I've used Mobil 1 synthetic in my Tacoma with a WIX filter, changing both
twice a year, and am at 264,000 miles with no oil burn or loss of oil (okay,
half a quart) between changes.  Also in the TR3, which leaks oil with the
synthetic, but last rebuild at 75,000 miles showed zero sludge.

Just a question.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive