Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 08:15:51 -0400

--===============2526151230507966314==
	boundary="----=_Part_41878_345410192.1457871350975"

------=_Part_41878_345410192.1457871350975
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

What year is the car?  In the 73 and later cars the carbs have a valve that=
 diverts the float bowl vents from a port on the face of the carb (air filt=
er) to a port that is connected to the charcoal canister.  These can get st=
uck in one position or the other and the canisters often clog or fill up wi=
th gas. Or the lines get plugged.  The diverter valves will open the port o=
n the faceof the carb when the throttle is off-idle so see if there is any =
difference when the throttle is cranked open.

=20

Dave Massey

=20

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
To: Dave <[email-masked]>; wbeech <[email-masked]>
Cc: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:53 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke

Adjusted the floats. Pulled the chokes to get started. Cranked a few times =
and didn't start. Figured it needed fuel pumped. So I pulled the manual lev=
er to fill the carbs. Stopped pumping when I saw gasoline squirting out the=
 choke  (enrichment) valve. I am confused about what could be going on here=
. I have other carbs I can pull the valve and trade. But that may not be th=
e whole story.

Creig

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 3:30:48 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question
=20

Another possibility is if the float bowl vents are clogged there is no plac=
e for the air to go and the floats will never rise up to shut off the gas f=
low.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dave <[email-masked]>; triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question

Ditto Dave.  =20
Just had that same problem with a recent non-TR acquisition.   PO had insta=
lled the higher pressure pump and the car instantly flooded as soon as it w=
as turned off.  Much fiddling and head scratching before I replaced the fue=
l pump with a 2-3psi Facet and problem was solved.=20

Sent from my VIC-64

On Mar 12, 2016, at 8:31 AM, Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]> wrote:

Mechanical pump.

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:52 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question
=20

Is he running an electric fuel pump?  If so is it a 2 - 3 PSI unit or the h=
igher, more common 5 - 7 PSI pump?  the higher pressure may be overcoming t=
he float valves.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
To: Triumph List <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Mar 8, 2016 5:24 pm
Subject: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question

My friend's TR6 was running poorly. After the car had been running, and was=
 turned off, I noticed drips of gasoline dropping from the port below the f=
orward carb just in front of the intake manifold. I concluded the Gross jet=
 was not stopping the flow of gas to the carb and gas was getting pushed in=
to the engine. So I replaced both float valves with standard valves and als=
o changed both floats. After putting everything back together, I ran the ca=
r for a few minutes and turned it off. It was dripping gas out the same por=
t. Looked in the throat from the air filter side and saw a small puddle of =
gas in the lower area right in front of the venturi. As far as I know, that=
 means the gas isn't shutting off. Perhaps I didn't adjust the float correc=
tly. Or there is something at the fuel inlet orifice allowing gas to bypass=
 the valve. Is there anything I am missing here? Could the enrichment valve=
  (choke) be the culprit? I haven't touched that yet. I adjusted the new fl=
oat to fully close the valve when the mold line of the float was parallel w=
ith the horizontal edge of the carb where the fuel reservoir attaches.

Am I missing anything else here?=20

Thanks=20
Creig Houghtaling

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
lash.net

------=_Part_41878_345410192.1457871350975
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>
<font size="4">What year is the car?&nbsp; In the </font><font size="4">73 and later cars the carbs have a valve that diverts the float bowl vents from a port on the face of the carb (air filter) to a port that is connected to the charcoal canister.&nbsp; These can get stuck in one position or the other and the canisters often clog or fill up with gas. Or the lines get plugged.&nbsp; The diverter valves will open the port on the faceof the carb when the throttle is off-idle so see if there is any difference when the throttle is cranked open.<br>
</font>
<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: Creig Houghtaling &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: Dave &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; wbeech &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Cc: triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:53 pm<br>

Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_267ec5a7-2554-4f25-9383-0244cb9921af">

<div class="aolReplacedBody">
Adjusted the floats. Pulled the chokes to get started. Cranked a few times and didn't start. Figured it needed fuel pumped. So I pulled the manual lever to fill the carbs. Stopped pumping when I saw gasoline squirting out the choke&nbsp; (enrichment) valve. I am
 confused about what could be going on here. I have other carbs I can pull the valve and trade. But that may not be the whole story.
<br>

<br>

Creig<br>

<hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%">

<div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font style="font-size:11pt" face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b> Dave &lt;<a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

<b>Sent:</b> Saturday, March 12, 2016 3:30:48 PM<br>

<b>To:</b> <a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; <a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>

<b>Cc:</b> <a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>

<b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question</font>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</div>

<div><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="black" size="4"><font size="4">Another possibility is if the float bowl vents are clogged there is no place for the air to go and the floats will never rise up to shut off the gas flow.</font>

<div><br>

</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: <a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

To: Creig Houghtaling &lt;<a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

Cc: Dave &lt;<a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; triumphs &lt;<a removedlink__9503ad2a-ed49-4252-a409-06e8a82fd9de__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am<br>

Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_411a0f5b-0ccc-462d-a3bc-a34d607fef7d">

<div dir="auto" class="aolReplacedBody">

<div>Ditto Dave. &nbsp;&nbsp;</div>

<div id="AppleMailSignature">Just had that same problem with a recent non-TR acquisition. &nbsp; PO had installed the higher pressure pump and the car instantly flooded as soon as it was turned off. &nbsp;Much fiddling and head scratching before I replaced the fuel pump
 with a 2-3psi Facet and problem was solved.&nbsp;<br>

<br>

Sent from my VIC-64</div>

<div><br>

On Mar 12, 2016, at 8:31 AM, Creig Houghtaling &lt;<a target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

<br>

</div>

<div>

<div id="divtagdefaultwrapper" style="font-size:12pt;color:#000000;background-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">

<div>Mechanical pump.<br>

</div>

<br>

<br>

<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<hr style="width: 98%; display: inline-block;">

<div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font style="font-size: 11pt;" face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b> Dave &lt;<a target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

<b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:52 AM<br>

<b>To:</b> <a target="_blank">
[email-masked]</a>; <a target="_blank">
[email-masked]</a><br>

<b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question</font>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</div>

<div><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="black" size="4"><font size="4">Is he running an electric fuel pump?&nbsp; If so is it a 2 - 3 PSI unit or the higher, more common 5 - 7 PSI pump?&nbsp; the higher pressure may be overcoming the float valves.</font>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div style="clear: both;"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div style="color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: Creig Houghtaling &lt;<a target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

To: Triumph List &lt;<a target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>

Sent: Tue, Mar 8, 2016 5:24 pm<br>

Subject: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_c425e000-65cf-4115-8c1a-67dac2ee440e">

<div class="aolReplacedBody">My friend's TR6 was running poorly. After the car had been running, and was turned off, I noticed drips of gasoline dropping from the port below the forward carb just in front of the intake manifold. I concluded the Gross jet was
 not stopping the flow of gas to the carb and gas was getting pushed into the engine. So I replaced both float valves with standard valves and also changed both floats. After putting everything back together, I ran the car for a few minutes and turned it off.
 It was dripping gas out the same port. Looked in the throat from the air filter side and saw a small puddle of gas in the lower area right in front of the venturi. As far as I know, that means the gas isn't shutting off. Perhaps I didn't adjust the float correctly.
 Or there is something at the fuel inlet orifice allowing gas to bypass the valve. Is there anything I am missing here? Could the enrichment valve&nbsp; (choke) be the culprit? I haven't touched that yet. I adjusted the new float to fully close the valve when the
 mold line of the float was parallel with the horizontal edge of the carb where the fuel reservoir attaches.<br>

<br>

Am I missing anything else here? <br>

<br>

Thanks <br>

Creig Houghtaling<br>

</div>

</div>

<br>

** <a>[email-masked]</a> **<br>

<br>

Archive: <a target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>

Forums: <a target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>

</div>

</font></div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div><span></span><br>

<span>** <a target="_blank">
[email-masked]</a> **</span><br>

<span></span><br>

<span>Donate: <a target="_blank">

<span>Archive: <a target="_blank">

<span>Forums: <a target="_blank">
http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br>

<span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a target="_blank">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a></span><br>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</font></div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</font>
------=_Part_41878_345410192.1457871350975--

--===============2526151230507966314==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2526151230507966314==--

---

From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 18:39:25 +0000

--===============0151680429573283484==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BLUPR19MB014879B6A7A24830A696BC7AECB70BLUPR19MB0148namp_"

--_000_BLUPR19MB014879B6A7A24830A696BC7AECB70BLUPR19MB0148namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dave Massey rescued me. He looked at the carbs for a few seconds, there is =
your problem.  Take those caps off the ports that would normally have hoses=
 going to the carbon canister (that's not on that his car). Those ports nee=
d to breathe to allow the pressure to equalize so the fuel valves can shut =
off. Took the caps off and it is working perfectly now without puking gasol=
ine.

THANK YOU DAVE!!!
________________________________
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 8:48:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke

I may come by.  I have nothing going on today and I need to find some wire =
harnesses that may be down there.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
To: Dave <[email-masked]>; triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Mar 13, 2016 8:29 am
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke

Dave,
You are probably on to something here. The car is a 76. I will be at the ga=
rage working on the carbs again today. If you have a free minute to talk so=
me time today, give me a ring.
Creig
________________________________
From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> on behalf of Dave <dave1ma=
[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 7:15:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke

What year is the car? In the 73 and later cars the carbs have a valve that =
diverts the float bowl vents from a port on the face of the carb (air filte=
r) to a port that is connected to the charcoal canister. These can get stuc=
k in one position or the other and the canisters often clog or fill up with=
 gas. Or the lines get plugged. The diverter valves will open the port on t=
he faceof the carb when the throttle is off-idle so see if there is any dif=
ference when the throttle is cranked open.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
To: Dave <[email-masked]>; wbeech <[email-masked]>
Cc: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:53 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke

Adjusted the floats. Pulled the chokes to get started. Cranked a few times =
and didn't start. Figured it needed fuel pumped. So I pulled the manual lev=
er to fill the carbs. Stopped pumping when I saw gasoline squirting out the=
 choke (enrichment) valve. I am confused about what could be going on here.=
 I have other carbs I can pull the valve and trade. But that may not be the=
 whole story.

Creig
________________________________

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dave <[email-masked]>; triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question

Ditto Dave.
Just had that same problem with a recent non-TR acquisition. PO had install=
ed the higher pressure pump and the car instantly flooded as soon as it was=
 turned off. Much fiddling and head scratching before I replaced the fuel p=
ump with a 2-3psi Facet and problem was solved.

Sent from my VIC-64

Mechanical pump.

________________________________

Is he running an electric fuel pump? If so is it a 2 - 3 PSI unit or the hi=
gher, more common 5 - 7 PSI pump? the higher pressure may be overcoming the=
 float valves.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
To: Triumph List <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Mar 8, 2016 5:24 pm
Subject: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question

 (choke) be the culprit? I haven't touched that yet. I adjusted the new flo=
at to fully close the valve when the mold line of the float was parallel wi=
th the horizontal edge of the carb where the fuel reservoir attaches.

Am I missing anything else here?

Thanks
Creig Houghtaling

--_000_BLUPR19MB014879B6A7A24830A696BC7AECB70BLUPR19MB0148namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body>
Dave Massey rescued me. He looked at the carbs for a few seconds, there is =
your problem.&nbsp; Take those caps off the ports that would normally have =
hoses going to the carbon canister (that's not on that his car). Those port=
s need to breathe to allow the pressure
 to equalize so the fuel valves can shut off. Took the caps off and it is w=
orking perfectly now without puking gasoline.
<br>
<br>
THANK YOU DAVE!!!<br>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Dave &lt;dave1massey@=
cs.com&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, March 13, 2016 8:48:53 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><font color=3D"black" size=3D"4" face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"=
><font size=3D"4">I may come by.&nbsp; I have nothing going on today and I =
need to find some wire harnesses that may be down there.</font>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div style=3D"clear:both"><font size=3D"4">Dave Massey</font><br>
<br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----=
Original Message-----<br>
From: Creig Houghtaling &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Dave &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&g=
t;<br>
Sent: Sun, Mar 13, 2016 8:29 am<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke<br>
<br>
Dave,<br>
You are probably on to something here. The car is a 76. I will be at the ga=
rage working on the carbs again today. If you have a free minute to talk so=
me time today, give me a ring.
<br>
Creig <br>
________________________________<br>
From: Triumphs &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__hr=
ef=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt; on behalf of Dave &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-36=
7abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<b=
r>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 7:15:51 AM<br>
To: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:tr=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a><br>
Cc: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:tr=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a><br>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke<br>
<br>
What year is the car? In the 73 and later cars the carbs have a valve that =
diverts the float bowl vents from a port on the face of the carb (air filte=
r) to a port that is connected to the charcoal canister. These can get stuc=
k in one position or the other and
 the canisters often clog or fill up with gas. Or the lines get plugged. Th=
e diverter valves will open the port on the faceof the carb when the thrott=
le is off-idle so see if there is any difference when the throttle is crank=
ed open.<br>
<br>
Dave Massey<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Creig Houghtaling &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe5=
0efb9__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: Dave &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"=
mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; wbeech &lt;<a remove=
dlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: triumphs &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:53 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke<br>
<br>
Adjusted the floats. Pulled the chokes to get started. Cranked a few times =
and didn't start. Figured it needed fuel pumped. So I pulled the manual lev=
er to fill the carbs. Stopped pumping when I saw gasoline squirting out the=
 choke (enrichment) valve. I am
 confused about what could be going on here. I have other carbs I can pull =
the valve and trade. But that may not be the whole story.<br>
<br>
Creig<br>
________________________________<br>
From: Dave &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 3:30:48 PM<br>
To: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:wb=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a>; <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9_=
_href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a><br>
Cc: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:tr=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a><br>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question<br>
<br>
Another possibility is if the float bowl vents are clogged there is no plac=
e for the air to go and the floats will never rise up to shut off the gas f=
low.<br>
<br>
Dave Massey<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50ef=
b9__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: Creig Houghtaling &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50e=
fb9__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: Dave &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"=
mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; triumphs &lt;<a remo=
vedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:triumphs@auto=
x.team.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Sent: Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am<br>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question<br>
<br>
Ditto Dave.<br>
Just had that same problem with a recent non-TR acquisition. PO had install=
ed the higher pressure pump and the car instantly flooded as soon as it was=
 turned off. Much fiddling and head scratching before I replaced the fuel p=
ump with a 2-3psi Facet and problem
 was solved.<br>
<br>
Sent from my VIC-64<br>
<br>
On Mar 12, 2016, at 8:31 AM, Creig Houghtaling &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429=
-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">creig555@li=
ve.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
Mechanical pump.<br>
<br>
<br>
________________________________<br>
From: Dave &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:52 AM<br>
To: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:cr=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a>; <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9=
__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a><br>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question<br>
<br>
Is he running an electric fuel pump? If so is it a 2 - 3 PSI unit or the hi=
gher, more common 5 - 7 PSI pump? the higher pressure may be overcoming the=
 float valves.<br>
<br>
<br>
Dave Massey<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Creig Houghtaling &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe5=
0efb9__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: Triumph List &lt;<a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__=
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Sent: Tue, Mar 8, 2016 5:24 pm<br>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question<br>
<br>
My friend's TR6 was running poorly. After the car had been running, and was=
 turned off, I noticed drips of gasoline dropping from the port below the f=
orward carb just in front of the intake manifold. I concluded the Gross jet=
 was not stopping the flow of gas
 to the carb and gas was getting pushed into the engine. So I replaced both=
 float valves with standard valves and also changed both floats. After putt=
ing everything back together, I ran the car for a few minutes and turned it=
 off. It was dripping gas out the
 same port. Looked in the throat from the air filter side and saw a small p=
uddle of gas in the lower area right in front of the venturi. As far as I k=
now, that means the gas isn't shutting off. Perhaps I didn't adjust the flo=
at correctly. Or there is something
 at the fuel inlet orifice allowing gas to bypass the valve. Is there anyth=
ing I am missing here? Could the enrichment valve (choke) be the culprit? I=
 haven't touched that yet. I adjusted the new float to fully close the valv=
e when the mold line of the float
 was parallel with the horizontal edge of the carb where the fuel reservoir=
 attaches.<br>
<br>
Am I missing anything else here?<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
Creig Houghtaling<br>
<br>
** <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:tri=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">
Archive: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"http=
://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">
Forums: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"http:=
//www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" t=
arget=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
** <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"mailto:tri=
[email-masked]">
[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">
Archive: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"http=
://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">
Forums: <a removedlink__b07a7429-54b1-4de1-b507-367abe50efb9__href=3D"http:=
//www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>
</font></div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BLUPR19MB014879B6A7A24830A696BC7AECB70BLUPR19MB0148namp_--

--===============0151680429573283484==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0151680429573283484==--