Subject: [TR] Velcro

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 23:22:55 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you to everyone for responding.  I'm sure you're right about snaps being the preferred method of cinching carpets to the floor pan.

I know I'm a bit odd here on this one.  Just, I love tinkering with this car during the winter almost (okay, not nearly) as much as I love driving it the three seasons here in New Hampshire.  In winter, I play with it, and this time I thought it would be fun to make my own carpets, albeit I may ask a very good upholstery guy I just found to fabricate a tranny tunnel cover using the old one as a template.  

I'm actually going to try gluing the carpet to a rubber mat I've cut from a home depot sheet so as to get a solidly fixed carpet that is at the same time removable when I get caught in the rain.  Probably won't be attractive or work, and if so, will buy a set on sale next winter.  Gonna be a gas ditzing around with it, though.  

By the by, the newly rebuilt tranny and replaced clutch pressure plate give me the punch I've never had with this.  Rear wheels chirp...uhm, pretty easy on ice, I admit.  Magnifique!

Drove it home with the new inspection sticker this afternoon, top down, 19 degrees chilly.  

Didn't care.

Best,

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 19:39:37 -0600

Gotta love a man that loves his TR!

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 5:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Velcro

Thank you to everyone for responding.  I'm sure you're right about snaps
being the preferred method of cinching carpets to the floor pan.

I know I'm a bit odd here on this one.  Just, I love tinkering with this car
during the winter almost (okay, not nearly) as much as I love driving it the
three seasons here in New Hampshire.  In winter, I play with it, and this
time I thought it would be fun to make my own carpets, albeit I may ask a
very good upholstery guy I just found to fabricate a tranny tunnel cover
using the old one as a template.  

I'm actually going to try gluing the carpet to a rubber mat I've cut from a
home depot sheet so as to get a solidly fixed carpet that is at the same
time removable when I get caught in the rain.  Probably won't be attractive
or work, and if so, will buy a set on sale next winter.  Gonna be a gas
ditzing around with it, though.  

By the by, the newly rebuilt tranny and replaced clutch pressure plate give
me the punch I've never had with this.  Rear wheels chirp...uhm, pretty easy
on ice, I admit.  Magnifique!

Drove it home with the new inspection sticker this afternoon, top down, 19
degrees chilly.  

Didn't care.

Best,

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]