Subject: Re: [TR] insurance

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:46:29 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3672092902668838647==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0191_01D18430.7AFE0720"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0191_01D18430.7AFE0720
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've been in 4 car accidents, in 2 of them, I was hit by somebody with no
insurance.  In a 3rd, in which my Morgan +4 was totaled, the insurance
limits carried by the other driver were inadequate to cover the damages.

You don't carry the insurance for yourself - you are insuring yourself
against the other guy.

Additionally, if you don't have "uninsured - underinsured" protection, I
would highly recommend it.

If not for this, I'd have been out of pocket about 150k in these instances.
More if anybody had been seriously hurt.

Always remember - you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Jonas Payne

PBR Consulting Services, LLC

702.882.6711

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Pete
Arakelian
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:33 AM
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] insurance

All this talk of insurance, collector policies, and agreed value got me
thinking about who is liable.  If someone hits my car, are they not liable
for damages?  What does it matter what my insurance says, it is their
insurance and personal worth which would/should pay the damages to my car.
Even if their insurance had a limit, why is that my problem?   If their
insurance company wants to total my car, can I not refuse the offer and
demand payment of damages from either the company or the individual?

Peter Arakelian

------=_NextPart_000_0191_01D18430.7AFE0720
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Candara;
	panose-1:2 14 5 2 3 3 3 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.emailquote, li.emailquote, div.emailquote
	{mso-style-name:emailquote;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:1.0pt;
	border:none;
	padding:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>I&#8217;ve been in 4 car accidents, in 2 of them, I was hit by somebody =
with no insurance.&nbsp; In a 3<sup>rd</sup>, in which my Morgan +4 was =
totaled, the insurance limits carried by the other driver were =
inadequate to cover the damages.<o:p></o:p></span></a></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>You don&#8217;t carry the insurance for yourself &#8211; you are =
insuring yourself against the other guy.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Additionally, if you don&#8217;t have &#8220;uninsured &#8211; =
underinsured&#8221; protection, I would highly recommend =
it.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>If not for this, I&#8217;d have been out of pocket about 150k in these =
instances.&nbsp; More if anybody had been seriously =
hurt.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Always remember &#8211; you can&#8217;t get blood out of a =
turnip.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Jonas Payne<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>PBR Consulting Services, LLC<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>702.882.6711<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Pete Arakelian<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:33 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]' =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] =
insurance<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Candara",sans-serif;color:blue'>All this talk of =
insurance, collector policies, and agreed value got me thinking about =
who is liable.&nbsp; If someone hits my car, are they not liable for =
damages?&nbsp; What does it matter what my insurance says, it is their =
insurance and personal worth which would/should pay the damages to my =
car.&nbsp; Even if their insurance had a limit, why is that my =
problem?&nbsp;&nbsp; If their insurance company wants to total my car, =
can I not refuse the offer and demand payment of damages from either the =
company or the individual?</span><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Candara",sans-serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><d=
iv><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Candara",sans-serif;color:blue'>&nbsp;</span><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Candara",sans-serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><d=
iv><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Candara",sans-serif;color:blue'>Peter =
Arakelian</span><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Candara",sans-serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><d=
iv><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span>=
<span =
style=3D'font-family:"Candara",sans-serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></=
div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0191_01D18430.7AFE0720--

--===============3672092902668838647==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3672092902668838647==--

---

From: Hoyt Duff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:57:22 -0400

> demand payment of damages from either the company or the individual?

It doesn't actually work that way. In no-fault states, your insurance
pays for you; his insurance pays for him. And what if he is under/not
insured? You're welcome to sue him, but you'll likely never collect.
Even if you do, he might just file bankruptcy and you're screwed
twice.

Your own insurance protects you from catastrophic financial loss, but
it will never make you whole again.

-- 
Hoyt

---

From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:40:57 -0400

I understood that No Fault only applied to Medical Expenses and not property 
damage. Are some states different?
JVV

-----Original Message----- 
From: Hoyt Duff
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:57 PM
To: Pete Arakelian
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] insurance

-- 
Hoyt