Subject: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question

From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 13:38:49 +0000

--===============8095266266095925532==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BLUPR19MB0148ADE6DD2F2441BD43787AECB00BLUPR19MB0148namp_"

--_000_BLUPR19MB0148ADE6DD2F2441BD43787AECB00BLUPR19MB0148namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My friend's TR6 was running poorly. After the car had been running, and was=
 turned off, I noticed drips of gasoline dropping from the port below the f=
orward carb just in front of the intake manifold. I concluded the Gross jet=
 was not stopping the flow of gas to the carb and gas was getting pushed in=
to the engine. So I replaced both float valves with standard valves and als=
o changed both floats. After putting everything back together, I ran the ca=
r for a few minutes and turned it off. It was dripping gas out the same por=
t. Looked in the throat from the air filter side and saw a small puddle of =
gas in the lower area right in front of the venturi. As far as I know, that=
 means the gas isn't shutting off. Perhaps I didn't adjust the float correc=
tly. Or there is something at the fuel inlet orifice allowing gas to bypass=
 the valve. Is there anything I am missing here? Could the enrichment valve=
  (choke) be the culprit? I haven't touched that yet. I adjusted the new fl=
oat to fully close the valve when the mold line of the float was parallel w=
ith the horizontal edge of the carb where the fuel reservoir attaches.

Am I missing anything else here?

Thanks
Creig Houghtaling

--_000_BLUPR19MB0148ADE6DD2F2441BD43787AECB00BLUPR19MB0148namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
</head>
<body>
My friend's TR6 was running poorly. After the car had been running, and was=
 turned off, I noticed drips of gasoline dropping from the port below the f=
orward carb just in front of the intake manifold. I concluded the Gross jet=
 was not stopping the flow of gas
 to the carb and gas was getting pushed into the engine. So I replaced both=
 float valves with standard valves and also changed both floats. After putt=
ing everything back together, I ran the car for a few minutes and turned it=
 off. It was dripping gas out the
 same port. Looked in the throat from the air filter side and saw a small p=
uddle of gas in the lower area right in front of the venturi. As far as I k=
now, that means the gas isn't shutting off. Perhaps I didn't adjust the flo=
at correctly. Or there is something
 at the fuel inlet orifice allowing gas to bypass the valve. Is there anyth=
ing I am missing here? Could the enrichment valve&nbsp; (choke) be the culp=
rit? I haven't touched that yet. I adjusted the new float to fully close th=
e valve when the mold line of the float
 was parallel with the horizontal edge of the carb where the fuel reservoir=
 attaches.<br>
<br>
Am I missing anything else here? <br>
<br>
Thanks <br>
Creig Houghtaling<br>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BLUPR19MB0148ADE6DD2F2441BD43787AECB00BLUPR19MB0148namp_--

--===============8095266266095925532==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8095266266095925532==--