Subject: [TR] 123 ignition Question

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 12:42:00 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3466882748850079206==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0175_01D185CA.903622D0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0175_01D185CA.903622D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Does anyone know the stock setting on a 123 igntion electronic dizzy for a
stock TR6 motor?  There are 16 different switch settings on the dizzy 0-9
and A-F that you adjust with a small phillips on the unit.  Mine was setup
for a higher compression motor but is now on a stock motor and it doesn't
work quite right.  I have the install instructions but it doesn't state what
is stock setting.  Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4

73 Jag

75 TR6

------=_NextPart_000_0175_01D185CA.903622D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Does anyone know the stock setting on a 123 igntion =
electronic dizzy for a stock TR6 motor?&nbsp; There are 16 different =
switch settings on the dizzy 0-9 and A-F that you adjust with a small =
phillips on the unit.&nbsp; Mine was setup for a higher compression =
motor but is now on a stock motor and it doesn&#8217;t work quite =
right.&nbsp; I have the install instructions but it doesn&#8217;t state =
what is stock setting.&nbsp; Any thoughts out there?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jim =
Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala FL<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>62 TR4<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>73 =
Jag<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>75 =
TR6<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0175_01D185CA.903622D0--

--===============3466882748850079206==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3466882748850079206==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:34:59 -0700

> Not sure what the max 
> advance was for stock  tr6.  

According to my book, a 75 TR6 would have a Lucas 41558 dizzy, which reaches a maximum advance of 18-22 degrees at 3500 rpm (at the
crankshaft).

That may not be optimum of course, since these were smog motors to begin with (late timing helps reduce NOx emissions), and the
available fuel is a lot different now than it was 40 years ago.

Randall